Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 20488 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
37. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 24, 2017, 05:05 jdreyer

TMGeorge wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 03:41:
MacLeod wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 12:18:
TMGeorge wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 11:41:
Maybe they should start addressing the fucking cheaters.

They banned over 150,000 in Sept and another 322,000 in October... They seem to be at least addressing the issue.

Obviously that's not enough. NA Scorebored Top10 is full of cheaters. Reporting at the end seems only to be for statistics. It's real bad that cheaters can go on for so long otherwise they wouldn't be Top10. I also think that there are some obvious cheats which could be detected server side easily but nothing seems to be done here.
Source?

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 24, 2017, 04:54 jdreyer

Cord Cutting Dings Verizon for Three Consecutive Quarters.

All those scummy internet users are cloggin the tubes. We must cap at 1GB per month to make enough bandwidth available for everyone. *
* Unlimited cap available to those with full cable subscription.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 23, 2017, 21:29 jdreyer

Yeah the first Wolf was fine as SP only. For this second one it looks like they have doubled down on the world building and story telling. The trailers have been fantastic.

Which reminds me, I have to finish my play through.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 19:35 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:50:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 14:52:
Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 07:43:
heroin wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 23:19:
#1 thing the sheeple should ask themselves when horrific things occur: Who benefits?

When you use "sheeple," you already sound like a lunatic. Plus, you've offered no evidence, just claimed it exists, and there's plenty of evidence none existed at all. It's clear that the North Tower starts collapsing at the point of impact from the planes. Do you think they had bombs on those floors, too?

Your theory is lunacy and an insult to all who died there. You have no evidence, and just want some big evil involved. Worse, your theory seems to still support that terrorists flew the planes, so you think EVERYONE is involved and evil.

When people are talking about controlled demolition of the WTC, they're often talking about building 7, which was not struck by a plane. Rather it sustained structural damage from falling debris and caught fire, collapsing hours later. Interestingly no steel frame structure had ever collapsed from a fire up to that point, further fueling conspiracy theories.

Building 7 had a very tall, gaping wound, followed by hundreds of thousands of tons of concrete falling right next to it, creating quite the localized earthquake on its foundation.

The proof so many cling to is the fire department saying "pull it," which they think meant the demolition, but to anyone sane and rational meant the fire suppression operation. Plus, why would the fire teams know about the explosives, why would they be making the call, and why would they be silent as so many of them die of cancer without getting the insurance and care they all so desperately need?

Right, I'm not defending it, just explaining the origin. I'm sure all the destruction was caused by the two aircraft alone.

The thing is that if there had been some kind of conspiracy, it would have involved 100s of people and it would have leaked by now.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 19:25 jdreyer

FloorPie wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 18:59:
"Only after Trump could we actually appreciate what it's like to have a working, stable government..."

That you think we've had that working stable government at all in the past 30+ years is hilarious. Bush1, Clinton, Shrub2, and Obama. 28 years of stink. But yeah, EA is a great and wonderful influence on gaming and absolutely does not buy, drain and then kill developers. Activision is a-okay!

So I'm with ya on a crash/reset and no single player games won't go away.

Well, relatively speaking, those administrations were functional, even if they were far from perfect. This one is arguably completely disfunctional, having accomplishing nothing in the first 300 days and the press full of stories about secretary of state calling the president a fucking moron, and the president telling breaved parents of soldiers that their son "knew what he signed up for." The comparison to any other administration in the past 100 years isn't even comparable. The needle is off the gauge.

30. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 19:10 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 17:32:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 17:28:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 16:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:43:
Until the udders run dry and only then will they launch a sequel. Think CSGO or TF2 something like that. Those have been going for years and years as well while only getting patched and DLC'ed with no sequels in sight.

CSGO is brand-fucking-new compared to TF2. TF2: 1997. CSGO: 2012 (I'm actually surprised it's that old).
The original TF came out in 97. TF2 came out in 2007.

Or the alternate reality where it came out in 2007
Heh, I remember that screenshot from Computer Gaming World magazine.

25. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 17:28 jdreyer

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 16:35:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:43:
Until the udders run dry and only then will they launch a sequel. Think CSGO or TF2 something like that. Those have been going for years and years as well while only getting patched and DLC'ed with no sequels in sight.

CSGO is brand-fucking-new compared to TF2. TF2: 1997. CSGO: 2012 (I'm actually surprised it's that old).
The original TF came out in 97. TF2 came out in 2007.

23. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 17:13 jdreyer

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:12:
Was anyone even under the impression that there would be a sequel especially seeing as how it's still the top selling title?

If they started now, it wouldn't be ready until 2019 or 2020. Who knows how many people will still be buying PUBG then.

22. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 17:06 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 14:09:
Wesp5 wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 14:02:
Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:48:
Every day there are probably hundreds of kids turning 6-8 and discovering Minecraft for the first time, and for whom graphics aren't a huge deal.

Is this really the audience of Minecraft? Remembering some of the worlds I saw on YouTube I would guess it's rather the ultimate Nerd's dream...

It's the entry-level to the audience. And probably the most dedicated. I remember being on a flight and the person in front of me was building the most incredible, detailed structure I'd ever seen. Lots of logic added, too, the type of stuff I never learned in Minecraft (I also never played it in god mode, which he was in.) Was shocked to see it was like a 9 year old, building basic circuits.

Minecraft is huge huge huge amongst grade school kids. Big with everyone, but has basically taken marketshare and mindshare from both video games and Legos with the rugrat demographic. Still played by, and fun for, millions of adults, though.
I love playing MC with my kids. We play a few times a month and have a few worlds we're working on: a survival world, a building world, etc. The latest UI updates have made the game much easier to play on mobile. For me personally, I like the laid back pace, exploration, and building aspects.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 14:52 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 07:43:
#1 thing the sheeple should ask themselves when horrific things occur: Who benefits?

When you use "sheeple," you already sound like a lunatic. Plus, you've offered no evidence, just claimed it exists, and there's plenty of evidence none existed at all. It's clear that the North Tower starts collapsing at the point of impact from the planes. Do you think they had bombs on those floors, too?

Your theory is lunacy and an insult to all who died there. You have no evidence, and just want some big evil involved. Worse, your theory seems to still support that terrorists flew the planes, so you think EVERYONE is involved and evil.

When people are talking about controlled demolition of the WTC, they're often talking about building 7, which was not struck by a plane. Rather it sustained structural damage from falling debris and caught fire, collapsing hours later. Interestingly no steel frame structure had ever collapsed from a fire up to that point, further fueling conspiracy theories.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 14:40 jdreyer

Soooo, the military industrial complex organized and executed the 9/11 attacks? Because they benefited the most, to the tune of one trillion dollars.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 14:05 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 11:25:
I am sick and tired of shitty monetized out da ass multiplayer games with cheaters galore and dudebro lulz shenanigans.

That's sig-worthy right there.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 14:02 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:11:
Like the previous article, I think AAA single-player games are on a big decline, but they will persist in indie and Kickstarter land for the forseeable future. So unless you need absolutely top notch production values, I think you'll be fine for single player gaming.

Sure, you can have indie single player FPS games. And they'll look like this.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 23, 2017, 13:57 jdreyer

All the Brit girls are playing Sims building the life they wish they had while their BFs are down at the pub.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2017, 22:34 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 15:33:
Well, that would fall under the category of "tool-assisted" if you count multiple humans as tools

Also, that Attack on Titan game looks fucking tits!

I tried the official attack on titan console game, and it was dull as fuck. It had decent production values, but the combat was so hand-holdey. You just don't get the thrill of the fight with a controller, this new implementation using KM+M controls looks FAR more satisfying.

Here's hoping that the rights holders don't destroy this project like Nintendo would.

It's a good start! Looks really professionally made actually.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 22, 2017, 18:05 jdreyer

How about instead of warning the public, you force critical infrastructure corporations to adhere to security protocols like HiTrust and perform regular attacks using white hatters. Fail to adhere needs to carry significant penalties.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 22, 2017, 17:59 jdreyer

First of all, a patent should never have been granted for this. It's a "Do X with a drone" patent.

Second of all, by the time this gets built out, there will be enough charging stations.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2017, 02:31 jdreyer

Trump plans to release JFK assassination documents despite concerns from federal agencies.

It's good for ratings, and Trump is nothing if not a showman.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2017, 02:22 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 20:06:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 04:00:
Martin Shkreli Was Bad at Investing and Worse at Stealing Money to Cover it Up, Say Authorities.

I've decided to coin a new term: "Shkrelifreude." It's like schadenfreude, but one can derive ten times greater pleasure from it.
It never took off like santorum, but here's hoping for a revival.

Sheesh, was that two years ago already? And that guy is still in the news?

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 21, 2017, 22:09 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 13:58:
Are laptops still banned from the cabin, and who would have ever thought about them being dangerous inside of checked luggage.

Signatures have not meant anything for years, we now move on to the next obsolete and stupid form of identity verification for economic transactions.

Yeah, although the chance of a laptop going up are slim (they placed it right next to the heater), I was surprised to read that the fire suppression system wouldn't work. Better safe than sorry I guess.

20488 Comments. 1025 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo