Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 21491 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2018, 22:23 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:00:
Now if they would only grant it to an American patriot, Edward Snowden.

Snowden needs to put in 5 years in the embassy for that to happen.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2018, 22:22 jdreyer

Not again: Men try to create blockchain-based app for sexual consent. TwitCoin

ClitCoin?

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

News Comments > PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up
2. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 11, 2018, 22:18 jdreyer

Also, isn't a region lock easily bypassed by a VPN or region spoofing?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2018, 19:50 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 12:51:
Ant,
Happy Birthday and Thanks for all the links!!!

Indeed!

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
10. Re: etc. Jan 11, 2018, 16:28 jdreyer

deqer wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 14:36:
How does id Software feel about their source code being used commercially without license?
Wasn't the Quake source code released for free? Or am I remembering incorrectly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2018, 11:33 jdreyer

John Williams To Score "Star Wars: Episode IX."

Can he direct the film, too? Anyone but J.J. Binks Abrams.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2018, 11:26 jdreyer

New Samsung phones in the US and Canada will have an active FM radio chip.

That would be cool. I have an FM chip in my MP3 player, and I use it occasionally. Be nice to have only a single device though.

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
1. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 11, 2018, 11:22 jdreyer

Not just "inspired" by Quake, it looks like it's using the Quake engine.  

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
3. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:17 jdreyer

Tried playing DS a couple of weeks ago. Hard to get into. I'm not partial to 3rd person action games to begin with, but also I was not happy with the movement either. The graphics didn't hold up well either.  

PC Gaming > Most Anticipated Game of 2018
12. Re: None. Jan 11, 2018, 11:11 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 12:57:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 12:34:
Ant wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 19:11:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 05:08:
Ant wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:54:
I have old PCs and still need to finish my old games. I will probably play the newer games in a decade or so.

Bookmark this thread!
Or subscribe like I do! I just finished Portal 2 a few nights ago! Need to finish World in Conflict's Soviet missions (already finished Americans).

Subscribe? Not following...
"Email me when this topic is updated." when posting in Blue's News. It is on the right of "Preview Comment" and "Post Comment" buttons.

Ah, gotcha.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2018, 01:14 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 19:39:
COOP Unreal over lan, those were the days.

Definitely watch that Bioshock video, it was cool.
There goes any chance of ever having an underwater city.

Dude! Spoilers for the "Could we really make an underwater city like Bioshock" video!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 11, 2018, 01:11 jdreyer

WaltC wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 20:15:
Neither AMD Threadripper nor nor Ryzen nor AMD FX cpus are affected.

(Nice of tech Arp not to mention the source for its panic info, btw.)

No AMD cpu is vulnerable to the hardware variants that affect Intel systems, and only AMD Phenoms are vulnerable to the software variant that Microsoft screwed the pooch on with its patch...;) (I own an AMD Ryzen cpu running Win10x64 build 17063--and I have not run the manual update patch and thus Microsoft hasn't locked up my machine! Microsoft usually just manages to lock up its own hardware like its tablet hybrids, for instance...;))

From the AMD announcement: The described threat has not been seen in the public domain.

http://www.amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution

Do not download and run the manual patch from Microsoft if you are running an AMD cpu. Wait until you get an all-clear from AMD, is my advice. The danger from Microsoft's patch atm is far greater than the danger from the non-exploited proof-of-concepts that have sent the ignorant among us into a sky-is-falling panic!

Lots of BS going on around this thing...;) Reminds me of the idiots screaming panic about Y2k...!...Morons 'R Us, all over again...!

Good advice, thanks Walt.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 11, 2018, 00:55 jdreyer

NVIDIA Powers Mercedes-Benz MBUX, Its Next-Gen AI Cockpit.

MBUX = "Mercedes Bucks?"

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 11, 2018, 00:48 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 19:39:
Really the self driving wrecks probably should be news worthy when they cause the wreck. Not when the other truck runs a red light to hit it.

Yeah, it's worse than it's just the fact that it's fucking clickbait. It's actually irresponsible to paint automated driving in a bad light given what a boon it will be: Thousands of lives and billions of dollars saved annually. The more people distrust them, the slower development and adoption will be.

News Comments > Morning Previews
18. Re: I am disappoint Jan 10, 2018, 21:10 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 12:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 11:07:
All it needs is some optimizations, gosh. and maybe some more netcodes
Simply put, Star Citizen has a frame-rate issue so bad it ruins everything. There are glimpses of 60 frames per second when servers are fresh and populations low, but as soon as people join, the frame-rate plummets again. What it means is that you're unlikely to ever see more than 20 frames per second regardless of graphics settings, regardless of PC (within reason), and usually you'll hover around 15 frames per second.

Funny, I was just talking to a friend of mine here at work about this same exact concern about server population and what causes this was going to have on the games performance.

I dont have any good feeling about this game ever performing well. I really hope that we are still able to host our own servers. I have no interest at all being on populated servers and having to deal with asshole pvp grifers.

Who cares if it performs well? It captures your facial animations and renders them on your character! That's amazing!!1

PC Gaming > Most Anticipated Game of 2018
10. Re: None. Jan 10, 2018, 12:34 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 19:11:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 05:08:
Ant wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:54:
I have old PCs and still need to finish my old games. I will probably play the newer games in a decade or so.

Bookmark this thread!
Or subscribe like I do! I just finished Portal 2 a few nights ago! Need to finish World in Conflict's Soviet missions (already finished Americans).

Subscribe? Not following...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 06:03 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:05:
[url=][/url]
ledhead1969 wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:52:
Meanwhile, back in reality, the typical Blue's sheep never said a word when Obama did the same thing.

http://wapo.st/2CKG9Nm

http://bit.ly/2mjjpOi

Keep the hate flowing, it warms us all on these cold nights.

Daily reminder: http://bit.ly/2Eqiges

1) How many people here do you think complained?

2) What do you think the complaints are about?

3) Did Obama's plan have the same issues they're discussing?

Answers:

1) Hardly any

2) How this meshes with his net neutrality view, the use of public land for this, and the possibility of reducing the speed of broadband

3) No, his plan did not also have these issues

It's like you can't read, and just see complaints about something Trump is doing, see that Obama did something similar, and decide it's hypocritical without actually paying attention to the complaints. It's like if I took your lawnmower without telling you, and you got angry at me, and I called you a hypocrite because you once lent it to your friend.

Excellent analogy at the end, but I'm afraid the nuance will be missed by the intended recipient.

News Comments > EA Gaming Patents
22. Re: EA Gaming Patents Jan 9, 2018, 19:41 jdreyer

@Mordecai: The flip side to that is coming upon a truly excellent dungeon for which you are completely overpowered, ruining the experience. I recall a fantastic Morrowind dungeon with an amazing vertical design and a green sword at the end. By the time I discovered it, I blew through without a scratch and the sword was useless to me. The disappointment stays with me to this day as an experience that I missed out on.

The flip side is Oblivion, where I took my time getting to the city with the first Oblivion gate that gets overrun by daemon. I was probably 10 levels higher than the devs expected, so all the daemon were jacked up too. The NPCs are supposed to assist you, but all the daemon slaughtered them instantly, leaving me to spend hours isolating each daemon individually so I could kill it and proceed with the quest. This should have been a 20 minute battle, but was ruined due to scaling.

I don't know what the solution is, but it needs to be done with much thought and testing.

News Comments > PUBG Testing New Crates
17. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 16:56 jdreyer

Shorter SimplyMonk: "It's the same as buying in a store! Well, except for the gambling part."

News Comments > PUBG Testing New Crates
16. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 16:49 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:19:
We know some of you have been looking forward to this

Really? Are you sure about that?

In their defense, grammatically "some" means more than one. I'd say out of twenty million people that two are looking forward to it.

21491 Comments. 1075 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo