Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 23967 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Roadmap Sep 8, 2018, 13:10 jdreyer

Amazing this game is still going.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The End of Democracy?
2. Re: The End of Democracy? Sep 8, 2018, 13:09 jdreyer

LOL @ the title of this post. Good one Blue.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 8, 2018, 05:22 jdreyer

"Nobody cares that people died when their car exploded. They know that consumers remain the most effective regulators of markets and bad products will be corrected when people stop buying them."

This blurb about the author tells you all you need to know:
Matthew McCaffrey is assistant professor of enterprise at the University of Manchester and editor of Libertarian Papers

Fucking sociopath Libertarians.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 8, 2018, 05:16 jdreyer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 22:44:
Yep, pen and paper is the safest, but that also can be manipulated. But those manipulations could be countered easily, with voter registration. But Democrats dont want that. Not to mention the Russian threat is already a farce, how can you keep that lie up, if you secure your elections even more?

Listen to your own Benjamin Franklin.

WTF are you talking about? The Dems are the ones introducing bills requiring a paper trail and mandatory audits. Also Dems are the ones introducing bills to automatically register voters.

News Comments > System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update
3. Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update Sep 8, 2018, 05:09 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 00:35:
They released an update and didn't add in microtransactions or a battle royale mode??? What the actual fuck?!?

They went old school: there's a MOBA mode where they use robot nurses as mobs.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 7, 2018, 22:36 jdreyer

ďThis really is Elite at the lowest point Iíve seen in my 2 years, 3800 hours, and 15,000 subscribers. Itís very, very sad.Ē

Holy shit .

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Trailer and Livestream
3. Re: Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Trailer and Livestream Sep 7, 2018, 22:31 jdreyer

Thing is, no one even remembers what a leisure suit is.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 21:29 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 12:57:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 12:50:
PHJF wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 12:06:
Virginia man puts up electric fence near a school bus stop to keep kids off his lawn.

You know I was actually empathetic toward the man until I saw his photo. What a real American hero.

You know how dickish that sounds, right?
I'm confused by what phjf means. Is he referencing the mans looks as not be being "X" enough or is he referring to what looks like a semi auto in the gentleman's pocket.

Install security camera's, put the e-fence back up and live stream this shit for the intarweb to watch.

In the man's defense, those little kids can be pretty scary. I'd be packing too.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 21:21 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 11:34:
SlimRam wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 11:27:
I had a similar problem to this in trying to update to Windows 10. I have no idea if this is relevant to your current situation but I'll try to share what happened with you. I had an older HP machine that came with an already partitioned hard drive that had proprietary HP software installed on it.

Good point, maybe delete all partitions and nuke that drive.
Then install just pure clean windows w/out the added vendor hoopla.
I'm sure someone has a vista cd laying around somewhere.
I think Darks mentioned he has extra keys.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters
27. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 7, 2018, 21:03 jdreyer

@ Beam
Yeah Hemsworth was great in Ragnarok, but i agree his bit in GB didn't work.

As for the rest of your comment, you're in the wrong industry. You should be a movie producer.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 14:25 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:55:
NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:09:
NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 07:51:
Did they ever give any indication of why Trump's election might have increased their racism or anti-Semitism?
I don't think it increased the amount but it emboldened them. If a racist was elected President then they could "come out of the closet" so to speak. They thought they were the new majority.

I understand that's the reasoning for the more Conservative racists. But Liberals are so vehemently anti-Trump that it's hard to imagine them being MORE likely to voice their racist views.

I imagine he means white on white racism.
Racist against rich old white narcissistic men. I never knew that was a protected class.

25. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 7, 2018, 14:19 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 10:08:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 09:53:
Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 09:34:
Aren't there probably interesting stories about the humans going about their day and suddenly their neighborhood is Hell and they need to survive?

There you go! You're using your imagination and not retconning anything. Building a story in the "Doom" world, why would anyone have a problem with that?

You could even throw in a cameo into that story of "THE" Doom marine, going about his business without saying a word and it would be the most awesome thing ever.

Yeah, but if you cast a woman, Gamergaters complain.
Listen, I know, I'm complaining about complaining, but doing it not because it bothers me, but because it's hysterical and irrational to me. We have no clue what this movie is about, but because the first name attached to it was female people freak out. Even though it's pretty obvious this will be terrible and no one should see it, it's the casting that bothers them, not that it's being half-assed by a half-assed studio.

Kind of like the new Ghostbusters. That it starred women wasn't the problem with that film. Replacing them with Chris Pine, Chris Pratt, Chris Hemsworth (well, moving his role) and Chris Evans wouldn't have improved the movie. It was ineptly made well aside from casting.
Still, a Ghostbusters movie starting ALL the Chris's could be pretty awesome. As you point out though, gotta have a good script.

24. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 7, 2018, 14:16 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:56:
So the lead is still the Doom guy? Ok, not gonna lie I didn't even check since its probably gonna be complete garbage anyway. In any case I won't discuss the movie's merits or lack thereof, but I agree, adding female marines shouldn't be any kind of problem, or even a point of discussion.

As for how to make a movie based on a game with a very, very sketchy plot and a lead that said no lines, that part should be easy. You take that as a starter, and for the rest you use your imagination. (Though you could probably say that thesedays hollywood has a big problem in that "department")

Thing is, it's possible to make a good movie from FPS. Check out Hardcore Henry, which I think is on Netflix or Amazon right now.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur
14. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Kingdoms of Amalur Sep 7, 2018, 14:11 jdreyer

WaltC wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 18:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 15:36:
The game was pretty good, it got rushed out and the support tapered because of the problems. It needed more balancing, there was a user patch for that. If someone were to go through and fix that and clean some more of it up, maybe take a second play through. But a name I wasn't expecting to see, with all of these old game names popping up... damn I want to see something redo Wiz8 or make a game in the spirit of it. Bards Tale IV looks a bit like it.

After looking at what they did with the BTI,2 & 3 remastered--I have much higher hopes for the BT IV release then even I did originally!--I was an original KS backer--one of the best tiers I've ever seen in a kickstarter--I got BT IV (yet to ship--but soon it will be in my greedy, obnoxious little hands), Wasteland 2 DC--shipped, Tides of Numenera-shipped, Bardstale 1,2,3 Emulated (the original games set to run from a Win10 executable-shipped), and Bard's Tale 1,2, and 3 Remastered (brand new games with modern resolution support--I'm playing at 3840x2160, and up-to-date gameplay)--for $75...! Hehe--how you like 'dem apples, eh?...;) I felt rotten for one nanosecond for having pick-pocketed Brain Fargo and pals, but I got over it. What a deal! Ok, so I had to wait three years for all of it to come to fruition--already have W2 DC, Tides, BT 1,2,3 emulated, and BT 1 Remastered, with 2 and 3 coming in fall and winter respectively, 2018! (It doesn't get any better than this, imo! Very happy!) That explains this lengthy, flowery, massively overwritten post!

OK, a word about BT1,2,3 REMASTERED--if you didn't get in on the original KS back in '15, never fear--you can buy all three from GOG without DRM or from Steam (you know how that goes--Steam won't give us an installable copy of our games like GOG does, etc..) for ****$15**** Yep--fifteen--not $51, not $151, and not $12,051, etc. Yep--that is $5 *each*--probably the best game deal on the planet atm, imo.

Main thing to impart--BT1 Remastered, with save-anywhere, automapping, is *everything you expect* in a modern game. Yet it preserves the character of the originals magnificently while transparently enhancing game play with the modern features we have all come to cherish--I mean, seriously, who wants touse 22x22 grid graph paper to hand-map these days, not I...;) I did it back in '87--it was novel, and I was much less lazy and far more energetic--and besides--automapping is the name of the game today, etc.

Basically, I'm amazed at the effort that Krome and InXile are making with these remasters--far away from just being same-old, same-old with new graphics and sounds--it's a treat--I'm playing now!

'nuff said (As I know you're thinking, "Why won't this guy *shut up*>>!)...

Nice summary, thanks.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
36. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 7, 2018, 04:48 jdreyer

Nullity wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 14:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 12:32:
It doesn't matter that the Veep would be accomodating, it's the fact that he's not FUCKING CRAZY.
He is, but just not in the same way(s), or to nearly the same degree.

He calls his wife "Mother." There's something not right about that.

17. Re: DOOM Movie Reboot May Skip Theaters Sep 7, 2018, 04:41 jdreyer

CthulhuFan wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 15:21:
Proper nerds know that Ellen Ripley is 100 percent bad ass and we knew chicks were cool way before it was some kind of social justice problem.

We didn't need vasquez gripping a hand grenade while smiling at the young punk LT to know she was a bad ass.

Social Justice is cancer. Ellen Ripley is a boss.

We knew Vasquez was a badass when she got out of cryo and immediately started doing pull&#8208;ups while verbally ripping Hudson a new one.&#12288;&#12288;

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 04:34 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 19:56:
Hey fellas, anyone have a good recommendation for some wireless over-the-ear cans?

I picked up a pair of these Sony cans a couple of months ago, and I really like them. Great range, 30 hour battery life, solid construction, good sound, and good noise cancelling. And I love being able to leave the phone on the counter while I walk around the house doing stuff.

That being said, my AT ANC9s have both better sound and better noise cancelling. But they're not wireless. And the ear pads went south pretty quickly on them. I got replacements for $10, but still: planned obsolescence.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 04:26 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 17:16:
I just bought a new set of runners from them (Downshifter 7). My first pair of Nike sneakers in my adult life. (I had hand me downs from a friend when I was in high school track...) I have 4E wide feet, and Nike makes them now. And New Balance has gone downhill, so I got these. I like them a lot. Very light. Not sure how well they will hold up, but I will see.

I have pretty normal feet, so it's never been a fit issue. Just that I would pop those air cushions that were in most of their shoes, usually by stepping on something sharp. That was 10 years ago though. The Asics gel cushions held up better for me, and the shoes were just a more comfortable ride. When I put on weight a couple years ago, I got a pair of Hoka One Ones. Very comfy. Now that I'm thinner, I'm open to anything. Whatever feels comfy jogging around the local running store.

I had three pair I was rotating, but they're all pretty worn, and the fitbit is telling me I've run or walked 2000 miles since I got them a year ago, so it's time for new shoes. Did a 20k last Sunday, and my feet ached a bit. Don't want to get plantar fasciitis again. Shit took a year to recover from.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 04:12 jdreyer

Racism and anti-Semitism surged in corners of the Web after Trumpís election, analysis shows.

Fake news!

News Comments > Battlefield V Beta Opens
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 6, 2018, 20:32 jdreyer

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 18:38:
I've played a couple of rounds and I'd agree that this is basically Battlefield 1 with a WW2 reskin. However, in my case, I really enjoyed Battlefield 1 so I'm basically happy with the gameplay.

That said, I just can't get my head around the mix and max uniforms and the "diverse" player models. What were they going for exactly? Because the German female soldier showcased on one of the loading screen, with her fitted field jacket and oh so stylish feldwebel's soft cap, looks and feels like some sort of Nazi cosplay. It was equally bizarre to realize a sniper squadmate participating in the UK's ill-fated Norwegian Expedition in early 1940 was an... Asian woman? Dressed like Zefram Cochran? I'm not opposed in the least for representative player model's in a modern shooter setting, but at least as implemented here, it comes off as very strange and jarring in a WW2 setting, particularly with player clothing that look more like costumes than uniforms. The result is a player character design that I don't grok and actively have to ignore while playing.
Yeah, I'm all for representative player models, but as I said before I'm sympathetic to the immersion argument (even if I disagree from a player choice perspective). Especially watching the trailers with all the extremely customised player outfits, it's going to be more difficult to tell who is an enemy. My suspicion is that Dice and EA are going to sell cosmetic items a la PUBG and Fortnite, thus the customization.

23967 Comments. 1199 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo