Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 22992 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2018, 15:01 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 13:46:
And, for the record, I'm about to head out for the evening, so if I don't respond to any responses until late tomorrow, it's not because I'm off to a safe space, but because I'm not around.

How dare you have a life. HOW DARE YOU SIR!

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2018, 14:57 jdreyer

YourNick wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 08:54:
Zombies are trying to kill you, unlike students, so that's self defense. SW sounds like a battle as suggested by the name. Not familiar with those other 2, they sound just as bad as active shooter though.

As far as L4D, I was talking about when you play as the zombie.

Just like Active Shooter, L4D lets you play both sides.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2018, 14:52 jdreyer

Like I've said before, it's basically Mayberry.

I dunno Blue. Sounds like a nice place to retire.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week
12. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 2, 2018, 08:33 jdreyer

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 04:11:
AND OF COURSE COLLECTING LOOT!!!

I get that I'm in the minority of gaming humanity obviously, but nothing turns me OFF more than that shit. Borderlands sounded like the best thing ever until I discovered how loot focused it was. Blah.
What did the loot system take away from BL2?

News Comments > Cultist Simulator Released
10. Re: Cultist Simulator Released Jun 2, 2018, 03:52 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 18:00:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 17:25:
Quboid wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:51:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:02:
Your one time donation of $27000 to the Clinton foundation will earn you a private spirit cooking lesson with Hillary.

Hey look, the guy who personally believed a politician over clear objective reality also believes that the same politician's opponent is the leader of a cult. Talk about a feckless cult.

Oh, Hi Quboid

We must sacrifice more chickens to Moloch

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/14333

Do you believe that Hillary Clinton is involved in occult activities?

Dude. DUDE. DOOOOOD. Not only is she involved in occult activities, but she also runs a pedo ring from the basement of a pizza parlor!!1 Alex Jonez told me so!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2018, 03:50 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 23:52:
I'd agree predicting the end of the Earth is something people have been doing for several millenniums. That said, we do have several problems which could potentially end civilization as we know it. Will we find solutions? Or perhaps even more critically, will we apply the solutions in a timely enough fashion to avoid the disasters? Only time will tell...

Cutter's right, and the scientists agree: two minutes to midnight.

That's why I caveated my comment.

There are a bunch of "own goals" that going to be difficult to overcome. And by "overcome" I don't mean that they will wipe humans off the earth, but reduce our civilization to a level where scientific progress is no longer possible and regresses, say the way Africa is today:

- Nuclear weapons
- Global warming
- Antibiotic overuse resulting in superbug epidemics
- Carcinogen and pollution proliferation
- Food and fresh water shortages due to environmental degradation and overpopulation
- Political cyberwarfare resulting in backward authoritarian regimes

The combination of these challenges are unprecedented in mankind's history, and have great potential to derail the scientific progress we've made.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2018, 03:35 jdreyer

YourNick wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 17:40:

A problem with active shooter L4D is that the shooter zombie is basically given a mission to mow down students humans.

A problem with active shooter CoD:MW2 is that the shooter player is basically given a mission to mow down students airline passengers.

A problem with active shooter Hatred is that the shooter murderer is basically given a mission to mow down students innocent civilians.

A problem with active shooter SW:Battlefront is that the shooter stormtrooper is basically given a mission to mow down students rebels.

Added a few more.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2018, 03:25 jdreyer

ventry wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 20:09:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 17:21:
Good luck getting an answer. The reason that you won't get one is that the same people attacking your question can see the penumbra of cognitive dissonance around the possible answers, so they don't want to go down that road. They don't want to say, "Some ideas should not be expressed or should be forcibly suppressed" because we all know where that argument leads.

BRAVO!! Sir/Madame BRAVO!!
Oh look...
Redeye9 and Beamer have run off to their "Safe-Space".

Don't you have a long, hard gun to go polish?

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jun 2, 2018, 03:23 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 12:41:
YourNick wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 10:41:
Valve mentioned copyrighted material as one of the reasons, but never mentioned the sensitive subject of school shootings.
https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=190605&id=1181645

AFAIK a what if statement doesn't even constitute an argument, 'strawman' or otherwise.

No, Valve said that it came from a publisher that had previously been banned from the platform for, amongst other things, publishing copyrighted materials. Also review manipulation and customer abuse.

They did NOT say this game had copyrighted material. Hence why it's a strawman. No one ever once accused this game of using materials it wasn't allowed to.

The better question is what happens if a publisher not banned from the platform puts up the same game, or a similar one. Then Valve would have to piss off the "all censorship is bad" crowd and actually curate their platform. For some reason, people freak out when Valve chooses not to sell a game, but don't seem to mind when Walmart chooses to pull a t-shirt off of its webstore (which operates comparably to Valve.) Basically, video game nerds are often the worst...

Hey man, games are art, man. Removing a game is like, like, like, well it's like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa, man!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2018, 16:24 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 15:14:
The stuff we are learning about Pluto from the New Horizons mission is crazy fun. Always cool to learn more about how complicated the universe is...

I almost regret not being born 1000 years from now when we would know so much more. Assuming we continue scientific progress at our current pace, of course.

News Comments > Cultist Simulator Released
6. Re: Cultist Simulator Released Jun 1, 2018, 16:11 jdreyer

Anyone who purchases this before June 7th will receive an automatic upgrade to the "Perpetual Edition," which includes all future DLC at no additional cost.

Does that include the "Sex Cult" DLC? Asking for a friend.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
9. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 16:00 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:59:
Bodolza wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:32:
If they'd just add the option to fast-travel to stations, it would eliminate a huge chuck of the boring grind. Take a lesson from TES.

lol, that's like saying if they only allowed you to fast travel between airports in a flight simulator it would eliminate a huge chunk of the boring grind.

That's what this game is, a simulator. A sandbox space simulator.

That "boring grind" of traveling between space stations is what it's all about, it's never going to be an episodic space shooter with cut scenes and a linear story.

Fast travel would also eliminate piracy as an occupation.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month
4. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 13:18 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 13:04:
ED is a game? I thought it was a Boredom Simulator. Games are supposed to be entertaining.
ED is not only boring, it's also embarrassing. That's why we invented v1@gra.

News Comments > Overload Released
6. Re: Overload Released Jun 1, 2018, 12:50 jdreyer

Seems perfect for VR. Does it support that?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 1, 2018, 12:48 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 08:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 00:01:
Interesting read that, but it's not 300$ DLC for CK2, it's 710$. The article writer might have simply opened up the steam store page and looked, but I digress.

I just opened the store page, and it's $268 after a 15% discount if you want CK2 as well, or $277.74 for all the DLC.

So... maybe you're the one that needed to open up the Steam store page? Because the writer seemed accurate, rounding up, and you more than doubled it. Maybe you're operating under old information and they cut the price of much of the DLC, but it's kind of funny that you're accusing them of not doing their research when they're the ones that are correct. I always dig that irony.

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
51. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 05:21 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on May 31, 2018, 15:06:

Although, what's up with Country Road? It's like the in song now. The Kingsman sequel used it, Logan Lucky, Fallout 76, a bunch of commercials. It's like one person in Hollywood takes a shine to an older song and suddenly everyone HAS to use it in their thing. I love the song, it's from my childhood, so whatever. Just weird that it is EVERYWHERE now.

Apparently John Denver's estate got a new manager a few years back who began aggressively promoting his back catalog. Thus it has appeared all over the place in a bunch of movies. Maybe smart to do it all at once before everyone realized you signed it out to six movies simultaneously.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
50. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed Jun 1, 2018, 05:13 jdreyer

Prez wrote on May 31, 2018, 09:43:
I loved Fallout 1 & 2, liked Tactics, loved Fallout 3, adored Fallout New Vegas, liked Fallout 4, and am at least curious about this next project. According to Blues forum logic I'm not a fan of Fallout, videogames, or even pizza, apple pie, or baseball. I might not even be a fan of ninjas, penguins, giant robots, or pancakes!!! Fucking PANCAKES man!

We know what you're a fan of Prez: Pokemon! Gotta catch'em all!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2018, 05:06 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on May 31, 2018, 14:40:
jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2018, 23:47:
RedEye9 wrote on May 30, 2018, 20:32:
An honest trailers that no one should ever watch.
Why?
Don't mind me, I'm butthurt uver the suckage of Dunkirk.
He should stick with stuff that fits his style .. The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Memento /rant

Have yet to watch Dunkirk, but have seen everything else. I'm a huge fan, and I think The Prestige is my fav. Absolutely brilliant.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2018, 05:02 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on May 31, 2018, 12:21:
Ah, whew. That knife attack video. I have watched it like 5 times and I'm still laughing.

How do you say "The Sir Robin Defense" in Chinese?

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2018, 04:59 jdreyer

TheVocalMinority wrote on Jun 1, 2018, 00:34:
That performance was amazing - what is wrong with you people?

Sure, it's amazing. It's also nucking futs.

22992 Comments. 1150 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo