Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 23297 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
9. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 14, 2018, 03:34 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 01:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:53:
Hellgate London was complete garbage with the most unimaginative setting ever. What a boring and trite piece of shit. Fight off the demons that have invaded the world through demon portals. Yaaaaawwwwwn. That shit had already been done to death even back then.

This Remnant game looks like just another me-too multiplayer treadmill. Solid pass.

As much stuff that you apparently pass on, you must lead one boring ass life.

He doesn't pass on teh Pr0n. That's where he spends his time, cuz there's some really good German shit out there (at least that's what my friend told me).

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2018, 03:31 jdreyer

Mueller has more indictments and pleas in one year than Ken Starr did in six years investigating Whitewater. Let's give Mueller five more years and see what he comes up with.  

15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2018, 03:21 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 23:48:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 23:02:
Quboid wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 21:25:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 19:55:
None of the charges allege Trump advisers colluded with Russia to interfere with the presidential campaign.

womp womp

Do you think it is likely that Donald Trump colluded with the Russian government to help him in the 2016 election (either him directly, or senior member(s) of his campaign with his knowledge)?

No

Do you believe that the meeting in the Trump Tower been senior members of his campaign and Russian representatives, which the Trump campaign first claimed didn't happen, then Trump claimed was about adoption, then Donald Jr admitted that it was about getting material on Hillary Clinton, happened?

To be clear, do you believe that the meeting that unquestionably happened didn't happen?

That was the meeting in which Russia knew Trump was on "their side." If he'd informed the FBI of that meeting, and Veselnitskaya got arrested, then they knew it was a no-go. But he didn't, junior didn't, Roger Stone didn't, nobody did. They kept the meeting with the Russians all hush-hush, and the Russians knew they were in.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2018, 22:55 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 21:25:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 19:55:
None of the charges allege Trump advisers colluded with Russia to interfere with the presidential campaign.

womp womp

Do you think it is likely that Donald Trump colluded with the Russian government to help him in the 2016 election (either him directly, or senior member(s) of his campaign with his knowledge)?
The interesting thing is the day Trump challenged the Russians to find the missing 30,000 emails is the day the Russians hacked the DNC. Funny coincidence that timing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 20:50 jdreyer

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 19:29:
Brad L wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:42:
I can't help but feel that BluesNews is pushing for the ban of InfoWars on Facebook. Please don't mix my hobby of gaming with politics. Only bad things will come from it.

You are certainly free to stay out of political discussion here an stick to whatever echo chamber you are most comfortable with. We talk about all manner of things here besides gaming.
We also limit our political discussions to either OotB, where all topics are welcome, or a thread like this one with a relevant story.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
28. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2018, 20:40 jdreyer

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 18:09:
christheshitter wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 17:46:
If only the RAM-prices will go down i am pretty sure it will gain again. Ultraportables and similar is shit compared to their desktop counter parts.

Only with respect to gaming performance. I work for a major tech company and when colleagues find out that I have a high end desktop at home, most consider it a bit of a novelty: the vast majority of my colleagues just own a laptop for their personal PC. If software engineers working for a tech company with a gaming-friendly employee culture (i.e. nerds) aren't buying desktops, you can bet that normies aren't buying them either. Partly, that's because for non-gaming related purposes, a laptop or hybrid fulfills 98% of the population's computing needs much more flexibly and simply than a desktop.
There's also a lot of gaming to be done on laptops. My daughter plays Minecraft, LoL, BL, and Torchlight on her $600 Lenovo Yoga.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2018, 20:34 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 16:09:
(Update) Final computer:

+ Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
+ Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
+ Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
+ Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
+ (2) Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive - I guess bought two of these
+ Western Digital 2 TB Black (7200 SATA 6) - Picked up tonight
+ MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card
+ Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
+ EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
+ Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
+ Logitech G106 keyboard (cannibalizing from the previous machine)
+ Logitech M510 mouse (cannibalizing)
+ DVD Burner (cannibalizing)
+ (2) LG 27" 4K UHD IPS screens (picked these up last year during Black Friday)

So I guess now that I have two 500GB SSDs and a 2TB 7200 HDD. I'll go with TheBigVlad's suggestion of an SDD for Windows, another SDD for top-teir games, and the HDD for everything else.
I guess the 1080ti really does go to 11. Who knew?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2018, 20:31 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 14:12:
I love the comment in the article from the guy that took off of work and drove 100 miles for the Build a Bear thing.

Took a day off of work and drove 100 miles to save $10. $10!
It's the principle, Beam.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2018, 14:08 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 10:26:
Gee, some parents seem surprised that their would be mile long line-ups for this BAB promotion. Wry

The new film will feature Maverick, now a flight instructor, mentoring Goose's grown son (we caught glimpses of the boy in the first movie during the "Great Balls of Fire" performance in the barbecue joint).

So they're really just remaking the film and Maverick is the new Jester. Yeah, doesn't sound like this film is heading anywhere near the danger zone in excitement.
It also features the F-18, America's most boring fighter jets. The Tomcat has been retired for more than a decade.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2018, 14:05 jdreyer

Wednesday is National Hot Dog Day, so maybe it's the whole week?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 13, 2018, 13:53 jdreyer

Spektr wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 13:03:
PC as a platform or PC as a Gaming Platform.
Good luck filling reading and filling huge spread sheets on a tablet at work.

About PC Gaming last thing I read is that it was winning ground on consoles. Some new players are realizing that PC is a more powerful platform and it's the place where all the innovation takes place.
All the new fads come from PC, Console games are more polished but less adventurous. For teenagers they are more affotdable but a lot switch to PC when they become young adults.
PUBG

14. Re: Alex Jones is an IDIOT Jul 13, 2018, 13:47 jdreyer

Bard wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 13:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 12:02:
Life is hard for tin-foil conspiracy folks https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/infowars-alex-jones/
Remember to stay on your meds.

When I see people call things 'tin-foil conspiracy folks' I see people who know nothing of history, government or the other interests that dictate the world we live in today - yet they parrot the CIA phrase created to smear people questioning the official story of the JFK Assassination.

I'm not sure who are worse - the people who believe conspiracy theories that are not fact based, or those who believe a narrative that is demonstrably not fact based.

You make no sense.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 13:35 jdreyer

MattyC wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 12:47:
Timmeh wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 11:39:
Maybe its because infowars is not all fake news? It has some crazy stuff.. but its at least 60-70% right even as crazy as it sounds..

If you think you like 60-70 percent right, then I have the product you really need. Farmed deep in the remote jungles of that creepy lot by my house, my Super Xtra Vitality Xtreme Male Bio Shield Superhanser is proven to to be 100% right 60% of the time! You can't get this stuff anywhere else. It is packed with bioflivioflavens, dupes of super nutrients, megaheavy phallic metals, and all the paleo hyper foods your body needs!

You can only get Super Xtra Vitality Xtreme Male Bio Shield Superhanser from me. Order right NOW before the neomarxist brain police machine makes this essential product illegal so they can control the thought goblins that live in your teeth!

Just 3 super easy payments of $99.99 and you will become the true alpha caveman super male you were intended to be! Supplies are already critically low. You need to order RIGHT NOW.

Jeez, Matty. You do that so well. Even I'm almost tempted to buy.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 12:18 jdreyer

Facebook touts fight on fake news, but struggles to explain why InfoWars isn't banned.

Not $ure why they $truggle, not $ure what the rea$on could be. We'll figure it out $omeday.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 13, 2018, 12:15 jdreyer

I'm a hoagie man myself.

Blue, you're from the NE. Don't you call them "subs?"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 13, 2018, 12:14 jdreyer

Danger Zone 2 Is Now Available For Xbox One. Lanaaaaaaaa!

Obligatory.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Jul 13, 2018, 12:10 jdreyer

Looks like mostly config changes and new skins. I'd like to see more extremes in the proc gen for the guns and other items, to give you a better chance of something crazy. All the weapons are currently too dialed in.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 13, 2018, 03:15 jdreyer

Slay the Spire for $10. Might have to get that.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 20:55 jdreyer

Hoop wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 20:31:
Firstly can I say (admit?) to loving Prometheus, expanding on the engineers back story while returning to a mistrust of the synths found way back in Aliens (Ian Holm) along with Fassbenders performance...loved it. Well I just got to see Aliens Covenant the night before last &.....loved it.

Chock full of great ideas, stars, and performances, Prometheus is sadly a train wreck with a terrible script.

Covenant is in my NF Q, and will arrive in the next week or so, depending on how quickly I watch the current set of movies. I'm hopeful...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2018, 12:54 jdreyer

Hubless Wheels + Aircraft Motor = Awesome.

If you're going to make something that futuristic (and that big) may as well go full electric.

23297 Comments. 1165 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo