Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 21523 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 18, 2018, 21:56 jdreyer

Man the graphics in that trailer are off the hook. Hyper realistic. I couldn't tell the difference. I think games have finally climbed out of the uncanny valley.  

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2018, 21:53 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 21:18:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 19:11:
Unfortunately, our history is rife with people who have done all kinds of evil things in that name of religion to the point where people see all religions as evil.
I'll agree with this. Unfortunately, as long as people are willing to do that, religions are pointless. When people stop doing evil things religions will be seen as the unnecessary delusions they are by everyone, instead of just the rational.

I remember being pretty young (7? 8?) and thinking: if the Christians have a god, and the Greeks had gods, and the Hindus have gods, and the Egyptians had gods, and the Vikings had gods, who's right? It was about then I pretty much lost interest in religion.

That being said, KX is a super-positive, kind person, and I imagine that part of that is being a JW.

Human beings, they're complicated.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints
22. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 21:44 jdreyer

Bungie, Dice, Blizzard: it's sad when once great developers have become junkies on the corporate teat.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 18, 2018, 21:40 jdreyer

Hereís why you canít buy a high-end graphics card at Best Buy.

Good news for AMD, anyway.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2018, 15:46 jdreyer

Is it just me, or is Disney becoming the new Electronic Arts?  

14. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 15:32 jdreyer

No lube, Prez? That's cold.  

13. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 15:31 jdreyer

Teal'c SG:1 wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 12:18:
I stopped playing this one after 2 weeks into the game. Aside from the desire to make people repeat the same stupid maps and missions, is the internal comms for the game.

What a bunch of jack asses to create a game that demands multiplayer teamup to progress, and then not provide any in game tools for a clan to communicate with each other. you have to go to the bungie website. They are going out of there way to slow down progress so people will continue to play. I pick the F**K You option, and i stopped all together.
They've got your money already though.

12. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 15:28 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 15:11:
One question. Is anyone still playing Destiny 1? Is it even available for the PC?

Consoles only

11. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 15:28 jdreyer

Gee, if there was only some simple way of fixing all these Destiny 2 issues, such as MAKING IT A GAME INSTEAD OF A GIANT FUCKING CASH SUCKING MACHINE.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2018, 19:02 jdreyer

New California declares independence from California in statehood bid.

Dumb. It looks like a gerrymandered district. California's power comes not only from its size, but also from it's symbiotic relationship between the urban and the rural. This gives it the ability to effect change at the national level, as many laws that CA makes are subsequently adopted or become defacto law in other states. Break it up, and that power is diminished.

Also, those rural counties depend on the revenue generated by the cities to fund their infrastructure.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2018, 11:58 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 22:12:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 21:16:
BobBob wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:55:
So I purchased Grim Dawn via the Steam Winter Sale. Other than wearing out my index finger, is there a point to this game?
Did you play Diablo, D2 or other ARPG and enjoy it? If not, why did you buy GD. If so, please explain what you think is missing...

I played Torchlight 2. It was fun.

What is missing: WASD. I would like the option to move forward or backward and strafe left or right -- while aiming.

I like Grim Dawn a lot, but I wish the gameplay mechanic was more advanced. It's fun but unnecessarily 'bullet hell' vs. requiring tactical and skilled movements and attacks.

Yeah, I love TL2. So much fun.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2018, 11:57 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 21:16:
So I purchased Grim Dawn via the Steam Winter Sale. Other than wearing out my index finger, is there a point to this game?
Did you play Diablo, D2 or other ARPG and enjoy it? If not, why did you buy GD. If so, please explain what you think is missing...

ARPGs are best played with a friend. You should get Path of Exile, and arrange with a buddy to play. I'd bet there are even some Bluesers that would enjoy playing with you. Best of all, Path of Exile is entirely FREE TO PLAY in the best way: nothing is locked or behind a paywall. It's entirely supported by cosmetic purchases.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2018, 21:00 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 19:00:
If it's a legitimate app bug, the body has ways of shutting that whole thing down.

I see what you did there.

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
35. Re: Re: Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested Jan 16, 2018, 17:03 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 15:27:
NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 14:40:
Timmeh wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:19:

Good point... but the democrats love them some Chinese communism,... so its always possible we could see that added here. its probably a hate crime.

If you use a cheat in a game against someone of a non white race.. is that a hate crime?

You might laugh or scorn this... but... it aint that far fetched as crazy as the left is.

I don't know about the cheating, but your retarded ass posts are probably a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Giggle

Luke wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 12:22:
Humans fuck everything up....apes eat bananas..who is further in evolution

Can't argue with that.

Can we not turn this into another stupid political tug-o-war, please? I'm so sick of seeing 'liberal trash'-this and 'conservative-ass' that, it's everywhere. Yesterday, some discussion on the first UFO sighting of the year (in Mexico, and it looks legit) devolved into back and forth bickering about Trump, Obama and whether America was trash now or before. I'm so very close to not getting online at all anymore because you can't escape it, no matter where you go.

Anyway, this happening in China doesn't surprise me much. When it starts happening here, th byen I'll start worrying. What's the saying? 'When they came for my Chinese comrades, I said nothing. When they came for my Korean friends, I told no one. When they finally shut down PUBG, it was too late to do anything, so I played Overwatch instead'...

=-Rigs-=
Also, Rigs: you were just talking about Trump in the Legal thread.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2018, 16:58 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 14:40:
NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:11:
Kid was afraid of getting an injection so the parents didn't take him to the doctor until he was already hallucinating and convulsing. Can't imagine what it's like to beat yourself up over that...

It's a terrible, terrible story...

Never underestimate the power of doubt. Parents probably doubted it had rabies and that their son was infected. Also, maybe some lack of knowledge of rabies is to blame as well.

I feel bad for those people, they most likely lost their world.
I think rabies has passed out of common knowledge largely. When I was a kid, rabies would come up several times a year and my dad even shot dead a rabid raccoon. But I haven't heard anyone talk about it for years.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2018, 16:52 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 12:25:
Cosplay looks like the embarrassing and creepy side of gaming culture.

Cosplay is awesome. Unless you cosplay as Hitler. That's not cool.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2018, 16:50 jdreyer

Weren't you fascinated by the deep, complex characters and rich, detailed plot?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2018, 15:58 jdreyer

Really good VR article.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2018, 15:49 jdreyer

The algorithm method no more reliable than the rhythm method?

Heh.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2018, 15:48 jdreyer

Rumor- Latest South Park Title Coming To Nintendo Switch.

Because Nintendo, it will come with the V-chip installed.

"Say, 'Big floppy donkey dick.'"
Cartman: "NO!"

21523 Comments. 1077 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo