Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 17918 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2017, 20:45 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 12:21:
Anybody on here get Blackwake? That game looks pretty fun, albeit a bit limited, long term.

Blackwake seems a lot like Guns of Icarus.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 18:03 jdreyer

WaltC wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 16:51:
I think that electronic digital storage will forever be more economical, faster, and far less prone to error than living DNA/biolgical approaches. Can you imagine having to "feed" your hard drive food nutrients every day to keep it alive to keep its data intact?...;) Or, the tissue "burps" and half the data is expunged!

DNA stored in pollen, seeds, viruses, etc. can last centuries in tact without nutrients. It seems to me no more or less susceptible to corruption than traditional electronic storage media.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 17:59 jdreyer

Dacote wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 17:47:
WaltC wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 17:19:
Dacote wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 15:56:
Barack Obama's master plan:
1) Wiretap the opposition
2) Gather damaging info
3) Say nothing
4) Let him win
5) Ride off into the sunset

Central problem is that it proves who "hacked the election" in truth, and it wasn't the Russians (who with an IQ > 10 might believe that story?) No Russians voted anywhere in America on Nov 8, 2016...Lol...;)It was *the Democrats* all along who hacked the election...!
Quite a show in Washington...pass the popcorn.

What it proves is that the deflector in chief is tweeting during his morning constitutional and that's it. Just because he is parroting what he saw mentioned on fox about being wiretapped and immediately following it up with a tweet about Schwarzenegger is nutso. Seeing proof in it is republican.

Take Nixon in the deepest days of his Watergate paranoia, subtract 50 IQ points, add Twitter, and you have Trump today.

If Trump was in fact wiretapped during the campaign, that means a serious criminal investigation is/was underway to discover if foreign entities had either hacked Trump, or were, in fact, colluding with the Trump campaign.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 5, 2017, 17:54 jdreyer

Waterski wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 17:21:
I'm off to Best Buy to give it a try. Will report back later.

Best Buy has SANDWICHES!?

Yes. Switch cartridge sandwiches.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2017, 17:27 jdreyer

They'll just pay off out of petty cash.

Riot won and the defendant is defunct so it seems that they will never collect.

Still another dirty cheater bites the dust so that's good.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 5, 2017, 17:24 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 16:10:
He mad.

UWP isn't a closed system, anyone can develop for it, and sell UWP apps on their own storefront. It just happens to be a shit kind of programming package that there's zero reason for anyone to use at the moment.

Bitch should focus on his garbage UE4 engine. playing Dreadnought on high @ 1080p gives me frame drops in the 20's on a GTX 1080, and averages at about 50 fps.
UE4 not optimized for outdoor environments?

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 5, 2017, 17:17 jdreyer

I'm off to Best Buy to give it a try. Will report back later.  

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
31. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 5, 2017, 14:25 jdreyer

NetHead wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 05:54:
El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 08:44:
No Man's Sky 2: Star Citizen

The crossover we have all been waiting for! Pot and kettle finally met!

RSI has released something?

I just noticed, RSI (Roberts Space Industries) sounds more like repetitive strain injury, quite fittingly.
SC 3.0 alpha supposedly comes out in a couple of weeks.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 5, 2017, 04:54 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 21:33:
Yeah, maybe you could have spent five minutes learning what Planescape Torment was, so you wouldn't be so confused by a SUCCESSOR to that game? Imbecile.

Wait, isn't this a spiritual successor? Why should playing the Planescape matter at all, except for being a similar style game?

News Comments > Overload Demo
4. Re: Overload Demo Mar 5, 2017, 04:49 jdreyer

Damn, they really nailed it. It has been 20 years, but my Descent maneuvers only took about 15m to return. And it feels so right, the movement, the weapons, the enemies, everything.

Good times. Allthumbsup

News Comments > NieR PC This Month
6. Re: NieR PC This Month Mar 4, 2017, 21:46 jdreyer

Bleh, too much consolitis.  

48. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 14:51 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:00:
When you write multiple paragraphs it is sometimes hard to glean what it is that you're trying to say.

When you wrote (Yes, not an earth-shattering technical question, I'm just really curious about others' experiences) I read it as the technical question was not earth shattering because you also dealt with technical issues in the body of your novella.

And I responded accordingly, questioning your meaning, or at least I think I did.

TLDR Less is more, clarify, refine and condense. Not everything has to be War and Peace.

You can't be serious. Please tell me you're being sarcastic and trolling me because if you are being serious then...geezus. I'm just dumbfounded by this, what am I not seeing? I've read threads on this site just in the last few days that go on with multiple quotes that take up half a page and no one has complained about them. This thread, which involves Slick, devolved from Mass Effect Andromeda into a political back and forth with large, quoted posts and except for Verno, no one said a fucking word about it. And no one gives Slick shit for it. I write four rather small paragraphs and it's all of a sudden a 'novella'. This isn't the only place I write on a forum and in comparison to those posts on those forums, the ones I write here are practically nothing. And I've had no complaints there or in the last nearly twenty years here. So, why now, when it was never a problem before are some of you having such a problem with it? We've had this discussion before, just two weeks ago, this wasn't the subject of what I posted here in this thread. So why is it coming up again? I just really don't understand what the problem is, that it's so bad you have to bring it up again. Nvm, I know now. I even put on the top of the FIRST post that if you didn't want to see it, MOVE ALONG!

When you write multiple paragraphs it is sometimes hard to glean what it is that you're trying to say.

What does that even mean?! That's the whole reason I wrote multiple paragraphs, to explain why I'm asking the question. That's like Fundamental English 101. It's one of the first things they teach you in Journalism, be concise, get to your point but explain your path there in an engaging, thoughtful and clear manner. I don't repeat anything (unless, like now, I'm hella confused) and I don't (usually) go off on tangents for pages at a time. I just...I don't even...

As for me saying it wasn't an 'earth-shattering technical quesiton', I meant it wasn't a 'heavy subject that required specific knowledge or research I needed an answer to' just something personal and (as you said) emotionally-based. Are my words really that hard to understand? That's not meant as a jab, I'm truly asking because I really don't see it. I don't. I do not understand what the big deal is. So you're going to have to explain it in detail.

EDIT: Just looking through my prior posts, I found this gem you left on a prior thread:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 27, 2017, 11:15:
you could have saved everyone the trouble of responding since you obviously knew what the issue was, and blue needs to start charging by the word.

So, you are just trolling. For some reason, why I don't know, you're fixated on the length of my posts and jumped on the bandwagon with Redmask. I couldn't even begin to understand why but now I don't really care. I'm not changing how I post. It's not any different from anyone else and no one else has ever complained up until someone brought it up during an argument here. You act like my posts inconvenience you in some way. You don't want to see it, fine, put me on ignore then.

=-Rigs-=

I have no dove in this fight but I'll just point out that conciseness has a quality all its own.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 4, 2017, 01:49 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:52:
Renegade was one of those games that the demo was so complete that I never felt the need to buy the game. I probably had 50 hours in the demo. It was a good map - I could basically singlehandedly dominate it and win for my team, even with the team objectives. Looking back, maybe this was because the skilled players bought the game and I was solely playing newbs, but... still really dug the demo.

LOL, same here. Played that thing for months.

There's a free modern version of C & C Renegade called Renegade X.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2017, 21:27 jdreyer

Better hope your compatriots don't slip...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2017, 21:22 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 16:08:
Patrick Stewart and Stephen Colbert star in Waiting For Godotís Obamacare Replacement

And this is a really interesting article from David Frum of all people. How to Build an Autocracy

Well, Frum isn't a foaming-at-the-mouth conservative. He argues things based on the merits, and puts country before party (unlike most Republicans). He's also smart enough to realize that Trump leads either to the destruction of the Republican party, or our democracy. So I'm not surprised at something like this. So it's not surprising to people that know him.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 3, 2017, 21:15 jdreyer

Simon Says wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 19:54:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 17:24:
Sounds like they're blaming Windows for their bad engineers.

Blaming has nothing to do with it, 2 of them are simply things that should've been diagnosed and fixed before release and coordinated with Microsoft. The other is a bios trouble.

You would have thought they'd have caught something like this, if true. Hopefully, we'll see some improvement for next round, but right now it looks like, for gaming, Intel is still the chip to beat.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 3, 2017, 20:17 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:21:
Saboth wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:01:
Lock him up!

Republicans' hypocrisy knows no bounds. Half of Trump's administration is using personal email for government business and Trump's using an ancient unsecured phone for communication, while talking about top secret information in public restaurants. Meanwhile Republicans aren't concerned that it seems Trump's entire administration has been in talk with the Russians, while Russia was actively helping him win the election, then after the election, he promised to lift sanctions on them. Hell, that's treason!

#MRGA (Make Russia Great Again)

IOKIYAR (It's okay if you are Republican)

Imagine the same events, but perpetrated by the Democrats. Half the Fox news cast would burst arteries in their temples on air, and the congress would be hold a dozen different impeachment hearings.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Skin deep: Robots to wear real human tissue Mar 3, 2017, 20:12 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 15:34:
3D-printed skin

Dressing up robots in human tissue isnít the only way scientists are using tech to innovate transplants: medical researchers in Spain are already using patient cells to 3D-print human skin.

This is kinda sounding more and more like Westworld! I'd assume naturally that the first robot will be called Dolores and be damn handy with a six-shooter

Obligatory.

Yeah, baby! YEAH!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 3, 2017, 19:53 jdreyer

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 12:42:
Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 12:32:
When is is ever a good idea to buy refurbished anything?

genuine apple refurbished items are basically the same as new items, because they also used refurbished parts to build new items also

Bought my daughter a refurb'd iPhone for half the price of a new one. Had it for a year so far with no issues.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
23. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 19:43 jdreyer

For starters: Murray and his team made an astonishingly low-ball prediction about how many players would boot the game on its first day. As in, less than 14,000.

So, your trailer in 2014 gets 6.5M views, but you think that only 14,000 people will be booting it up the first day??

17918 Comments. 896 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo