Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 23712 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2018, 03:23 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 00:28:
This will really trigger the Moon-Landing-Hoax people.

Also I think that 'BAAOOAAMMN' sound is required for almost any trailer.

Why would anyone be triggered? It's just a science fiction movie

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: FCC can define markets with only one ISP as “competitive,” court rules. Aug 30, 2018, 03:21 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 23:07:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:45:
Oh FFS. Time for another American Revolution...if you can get people's assess off the couch and their faces out of their TVs and phones long enough.

Never going to happen. Until formerly middle class people are literally running out of food and water, there isn't going to be a major shake-up in the US. No one cares if the poors die, so poverty and starvation have to creep pretty far up the ladder before you're going to get anyone important giving a shit.

And if people have food, water, AND endless sources of cheap entertainment? Yeah, you can do literally anything you want up to and including genocide and no one will care. There's been no indication to me that there's any point at which Americans will stand up and say enough. No one gives a shit until it happens to them, and by then it's too late.
Well, people don't like $300 internet bills, that's not nothing.

News Comments > Unknown Fate Next Week
1. Re: Unknown Fate Next Week Aug 30, 2018, 03:13 jdreyer

In one week, their fate will be known!  

News Comments > Rune Next Month
11. Re: Rune Next Month Aug 30, 2018, 03:10 jdreyer

Veinman wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 22:40:
I pre-ordered. I loved Rune multiplayer.

How would this be different/better than other medieval combat games like Chivalry or For Honor?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 19:46 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 18:58:
Would they like it more if it was called "Worse than smoking a pack of cigs" watching?

I prefer 'bender watching' myself.

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
15. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 19:41 jdreyer

Woman works hard on proposal, presents it to team, gets shot down.

Woman has male friend give same proposal to team one week later. Everyone loves it.

That's some fucked up shit right there.

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
12. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 19:36 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 18:45:
Welcome to 2018. A place in time where, even if you name yourself Riot Games, you can not be as anarchistic as you like anymore w/o some SJW shitcocks climbing up and down your ass insisting that political correctness must be maintained. Le sigh.
Did you RTFA? It sounded like a pretty terrible place to work for women.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 19:21 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 13:35:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 12:55:
Toms hardware used to be my main go to site.. now I don't even know where to go for reviews on tech anymore.
https://www.hardocp.com/
Everything is reviewed in depth and he covers it all. GPU's, CPU's, Mother Boards, Power Supplies to Coolers.
Needless to say, the reviews on his site are not like some of the others that are just glorified unboxings.
Kyle Bennett won't sign the new 5 YEAR Nvidia NDA, which means he won't be first with reviews and he'll have to pay out of pocket for gpu's (he has already dropped >$4k pre-ordering the 2000 series). But it will allow him to tell the truth and do actual reporting.
For example: He broke the GPP story that forced Nvidia to drop that anti-consumer program. That's something he could never have done if he signed the 5 year nda.

Good to know, thanks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2018, 19:17 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 11:44:
Yeah we're in the exact same boat. Last few days and today have been crazy humid and hot. It's expected to break tomorrow for 2 days but then start climbing back up next week. Looks like an indian summer for sure. British weather peeps are saying it should last into November for Pete sake.

Welcome to the new normal. Saskatchewan is the new North Carolina.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2018, 13:32 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 10:47:
If medical research proved that Special K cured cancer w/zero side effects the DEA would ignore that information and classify it as a Scedule 1 drug hindering further medical research.

Similar to what happened with MDMA (X, ecstasy) in the 80's or that green stuff in the 70's.

Anything to help put the darkies in jail.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2018, 13:30 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 11:09:
This summer has just been the worst. Super humid all throughout, and somehow always the highest temperature and humidity during the week (when I'm walking to work, so I'm soaked when I get here), then cold and either overcast yet still humid, or just rainy on weekends, when I'd actually be able to go somewhere and cool off.

Yup, shame we can't do anything about it.

*Jdreyer gets into his Hummvee and drives the 90 minutes to work on back roads*

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 29, 2018, 13:25 jdreyer

"The problem isn't our insecure systems. It's you pointing out that they are insecure!"

We should just start calling each other "comrade" already.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 13:22 jdreyer

One other thing I wanted to mention is how sometimes sites will intentionally do dueling opinions: "Why X is game of the year!" followed shortly by "Why X sucks mah balls!"

Could that have been the case here?

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 12:28 jdreyer

I usually read Anand's. I know he left a few years ago, but the articles have continued in the tradition of when he was there: very technical and stats based.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 29, 2018, 12:21 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 11:34:
This is not to say Bethesda ignores the ever-evolving landscape, and Hines says that its approach to single-player in particular has moved away from the single value proposition of ‘replayablity’. “We have a joke in the office. I have banned the word replayable because that's not a feature. Every game is replayable. Tetris is replayable. Every game can be replayed from the beginning. That’s not unique. That's not a feature.”

Uh yes it is. If he doesn't get that he doesn't belong in gaming. Fucking marketers.

If everyone is just going off solo that speaks volumes, doesn't it, Petey? How are they not getting this? In MP CRPGs/MMOs, in survival games with MP, most people are still doing it solo most of the time if not all of the time. Clans and co-op play in these types of games is still an absolute minority. Breaks down the same way for PvE vs. PvP. Trying to force MP and PvP will make this game fail.

I dunno, isn't poo-pooing "replayability" anti-marketing? It's Bethesda, their games are among the most replayable in the world. So despite Pete's protestations, I'm not really worried.

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2018, 03:22 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 22:55:
Task wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 22:46:
Modern day Mussolini.

nah, if he had his way, trump would gladly be hitler. i'm not even joking. he profiles as the same kind of amoral narcissist who's number one priority is his own wealth and power, and he'll run over anybody to keep it. the constitution is actually working quite well to keep him in check, except for the GOP have become shameless lap dogs putting party over country and not doing their jobs.

i'm actually rather afraid of what he'll do once mueller has finally built his air tight case and brings it before congress. cuz we know facts have nothing to do with his reality - he'll defend himself no matter how horrible the things he's done. like, not even joking he might try to order the military to defend him against congress or the doj.

I'm in favor of the Mussolini comparison because, like Trump, the man was a complete incompetent. Hitler was competent.

Mueller's no idiot. He'll keep his cards close to his vest until the Dems have solid control of the house. Then the charges can't be swept under the rug.

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2018, 03:20 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 21:35:
Saboth wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 21:28:
So he's mad that when he searched for news about Donald Trump, the top search results were from actual news agencies. You know, organizations that hired actual reporters, with real degrees in journalism, decades of experience, certifications and all that. News outlets that employ reporters who have won Pulitzers. Sorry, if you search for news, entertainment networks like fox who run constant opinion pieces instead of news, and conspiracy theory sites are not going to be the top search results, because they are not news.

Also, don't we have laws that say churches are not allowed to be used for political purposes? I know Trump and his cronies aren't too big on following US law, but really...just right out in public he's trying to get them to become tax-exempt political machines for his campaign? I mean...I'm fine with it, as long as all churches that do so lose their tax-exempt status. Many of them are blatantly doing it already, and aren't being held accountable for breaking the law.
He's also mad that John McCain is getting more attention than him.

just saw this and decided I've had enough for today.
snipp
Evangelical voters, who supposedly love “family values,” have stood solidly by tRump through “Grab ‘em by the pussy,” pee tape allegations, payments to Stormy Daniels, and much more.
Though evangelical leader Jerry Fallwell Jr. recently spoke about his disdain for Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the reasoning he gave shows that his support for the president is stronger than ever. “[Sessions] really is not on the president’s team, never was,” Falwell told Politico.

Yup, they're selling their souls to the devil for a chance to end abortion.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
36. Re: removed Aug 28, 2018, 21:07 jdreyer

Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:50:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 18:14:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 28, 2018, 18:16.

Darks said something about letting "trash" into the country imports the problems of their origin country. I quoted him and made a reference to the anti-German rhetoric of the 19th century that focused on their biergartens and eventually led to alcohol prohibition.

Ah.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
35. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 21:05 jdreyer

KS wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:40:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 17:03:
Bodolza wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:59:
If people realize that the 2nd Amendment is already moot, there's a chance it could get repealed.
I'd say there is basically 0% chance of that happening any time soon. Certainly not in my lifetime.

Ten years ago I would have said the same thing about gay marriage or a black president.

Those increase personal freedom and decrease government control, whether you like those ideas or not.

To overturn the 2nd involves a large increase in government control.

More guns = more gun violence. That threatens my safety and infringes my personal freedom.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 21:01 jdreyer

Elon is just trying to avoid getting hired by Disney.  

23712 Comments. 1186 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo