Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 19142 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2017, 14:34 jdreyer

Hmm, I loved RP1, a book that seemed to be written by someone pulling the best geek references from my cerebral cortex. However, other than the stacks of trailer homes, I didn't recognize anything from the book. Where's Art3mis? Where's the quest for the egg? Tomb of Horrors? They probably won't include the Rush 2112 planet. It's probably too geeky, even for this movie. Oh well.

Still, it looks like a fun action fest that follows the general structure of the story, with lots of 80s refs so I'll be ready, Player One.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update
6. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update Jul 23, 2017, 12:42 jdreyer

Blahman wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 22:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 14:39:
Does anyone here play this? I'm wondering how it is. The addition of bots has me interested since I live in an unpopulated timezone and also usually don't like playing against other people.

Yeah I have almost 120 hours in this game. The bots are pretty easy though. If you've played at all they will not be much of a challenge, but they're nice to have to fill out a server.

Are the bots configurable like UT, or at least have basic difficulty setting like B2?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2017, 12:34 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 06:30:
Nucas wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 00:47:
my air conditioner broke about 2 weeks ago, was waiting on a replacement control board or something which finally got installed this morning. it's been over 95 degrees in my house every day for about 10 days now, and hasn't gotten below 87 even at night. i'm pleased i can finally turn my gaming pc/blast furnace on again.

Sleeping at 87F interior temp sounds like hell

I times like that, you sleep nekkid!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 15:32 jdreyer

Scary stuff:

Should Trump fire Mueller, with the tacit assent of Republicans in Congress and the DOJ leadership, there will be little recourse. It is feasible (though difficult) to imagine a GOP House and Senate passing an independent counsel statute to restore Mueller to his job; it is nearly impossible to imagine them doing so by veto-proof margins. And should Trump pardon himself and his inner circle, it is dispiritingly easy to imagine Republicans reprising their familiar refrain: The president’s power to pardon is beyond question.

If this crisis unfolds as depicted here, the country’s final hope for avoiding a terminal slide into authoritarianism would be the midterm election, contesting control of a historically gerrymandered House of Representatives. That election is 16 months away. Between now and then, Trump’s DOJ and his sham election-integrity commission will seek to disenfranchise as many Democratic voters as possible, while the president himself beseeches further foreign interference aimed at Democratic candidates. Absent the necessary sweep, everything Trump will have done to degrade our system for his own enrichment and protection will have been ratified, and a point of no return will have been crossed.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 15:08 jdreyer

The Genius Reason You Should Take a Photo of Your Stove Before You Travel

If you're generally worried about your appliances being left on, take photos not just of your stove, but of your unplugged straightener, you're deadbolt turned the right direction (burglars won't be able to waltz on in!)

Um, to take a picture of your deadbolt, you need to be on the inside of the house...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 22, 2017, 14:58 jdreyer

Minecraft novel???  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 22, 2017, 14:56 jdreyer

After all the bad press, kind of surprised to hear this. I guess people are hate watching? I didn't see it, but my wife and daughter could only make it through the first couple of eps before giving up.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 22, 2017, 14:52 jdreyer

Yes, because it always works out so wonderfully when the industry polices itself.

Looks like someone has thrown the full movie up on YouTube. It's both illuminating and entertaining, highly recommended.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update
2. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update Jul 22, 2017, 14:39 jdreyer

Does anyone here play this? I'm wondering how it is. The addition of bots has me interested since I live in an unpopulated timezone and also usually don't like playing against other people.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 02:58 jdreyer

So my wife starts a Netflix movie on the big TV for my son. I didn't see what she started, but it was a cool planet with a spaceship flying over the planet's rings, beautiful effects. I'm thinking, "What the heck is this?" for a minute until I realize I'm watching Rogue One.

Never expected THAT on Netflix.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 21:35 jdreyer

In 1.5 years, the house has had NO OFFERS but ours. Just seems odd.

I dunno Bats. This should be setting off police sirens or something.

Had a friend who bought a house where the buyer suppressed a report about an unstable stonewall holding up a hillside that they failed to disclose. They had to spend $1000s suing to get the original owner to pay for it. Even with your thoroughness, this just smells bad.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 20:24 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 17:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 16:57:
@ Tipsy: I think you need to get your snark detector adjusted.
You get me sir, and for that i'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing for yourself

Always love a SlimRam post!

News Comments > Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Jul 21, 2017, 20:23 jdreyer

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 18:48:
I'll give them credit for posting a trailer from inside the game engine. At the same time, I have to wonder what they were thinking posting something that looks so amateurish. It looks like something from the 90s.

You read the part I wrote that said "small independent dev team of like 5 people" right?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 21, 2017, 20:16 jdreyer

Awww, yeah.

I get the criticisms of this movie, and I can't argue that they don't exist, but I still love it. It warms the heart of my 10-year-old self like nothing else.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 21, 2017, 20:07 jdreyer

Verizon accused of throttling Netflix and YouTube, admits to “video optimization.”

I'm sure Netflix and Google can go to the FCC and get a fair hearing. I mean, it's not like the current FCC head is a former Verizon lawyer or anything.

4. Re: Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer Jul 21, 2017, 17:05 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 14:56:
This looks extremely awesome... now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is it going to be Microtransactions? Online Only? What? What will they do to ruin the game!?!?

None of that, but I heard last week they're making it always online with MOBA elements.

Actually Fireblade is a small independent dev team of like 5 people. So just like FTL I've heard it will be a standalone game, probably $20 at launch.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 16:57 jdreyer

@ Tipsy: I think you need to get your snark detector adjusted.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 15:03 jdreyer

Fion wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 14:21:
The storm that hit southern-central New York yesterday was insane. It was the closest I've ever seen to tropical-storm-like weather, win gusts of 50+ miles per hour. There was at least two-major tornado's in western new york as winds broke 100 mph. Where I am in the 'southern tier' of NY winds broke 50 mph.

I love me a good storm and that one was insane.

Looks like the car made it through pretty unscathed, other than some bumper scratches. They'll buff out though.

2. Re: Abandon Ship Kraken Trailer Jul 21, 2017, 14:18 jdreyer

Fion wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 13:59:
So this is a an FTL style pirate game? Cool.

That's exactly right. Looking forward to this.

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
4. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 14:17 jdreyer

Nice write-up Hospanky. I've heard that Vive has Superior head tracking compared to Oculus. Something about lasers cs cameras. What's your opinion on that?

Also wondering if you have tried any full games with native VR support like Elite, DCS World, or Project Cars.

Lastly I wonder how the upcoming Descent games will be in VR.

19142 Comments. 958 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo