Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 21455 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2018, 12:54 jdreyer

SHL just got real-mode:

Okay, that was clever.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2018, 12:53 jdreyer

The NSA literally deleted 'trust' and 'honesty' from its core values

LOL. At least they're being honest about their dishonesty.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2018, 12:52 jdreyer

ESRB defends its drug-related guidance after study finds video game depiction unrealistic.

"Common examples include cocaine, crack cocaine, and meth."

What games use those as powerups? GTA?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 25, 2018, 12:50 jdreyer

STOP! It's dangerous to upgrade to VMware 6.5 alone. Read this.

Friends don't let friends upgrade alone.

Also, this probably is the most blatant clickbaity title ever.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 25, 2018, 12:49 jdreyer

Lack of soft skills holds IT staff back from leadership roles

Huh, so the stereotype turns out to be true. Who knew?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 25, 2018, 12:48 jdreyer

Study Links Decline In Teenagers' Happiness To Smartphones.

Yup, the smartphone gets cut off at 8 for my kids.

News Comments > Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Scotland Trailer
2. Re: Civilization VI: Rise and Fall Scotland Trailer Jan 25, 2018, 12:45 jdreyer

Ah, so Civ 6 1.0 will be released soon. Good to know.  

PC Gaming > Hacklist, a CyberDeco visual novel
2. Re: Hacklist, a CyberDeco visual novel Jan 25, 2018, 12:44 jdreyer

Hey, although graphic novel games aren't really my thing, it looks pretty good.

You should find a decent amount of sales if you can get it up on Steam, Humble, and GoG.

Also, congrats on getting your katakana title correct!

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 12:35 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 11:56:
Of course Pacific Rim was dumb. And obviously the sequel is going to be dumb. It's all giant robot action-filled campy, big dumb fun with laughable dialog, bad acting, threadbare plot and lots of over-the-top sci-fi tropiness. And it's awesome. Fuck yeah I'm stoked for Pacific Rim 2.

There's definitely a balance to be struck and an art to it. Transformers has shown us that it can be done poorly. As I said, I'm hopeful, and the kids are dying to see it, and John Boyega is always watchable, so I'll be there.

8. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 12:32 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 07:52:
I'm looking forward to the sequel. How many other giant robot movies are we getting?

Transformers 7? *ducks*

Now if only someone would tackle Battletech and do a solid MechWarrior movie.

Been waiting a couple of decades for a Mechwarrior movie.

7. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 12:31 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 07:32:
I thought the original PR was better than I was expecting -- caught it on the movie channels. As far as Honest Trailers saying it was dumb, they say everything is dumb so that doesn't say much. Did it deserve Oscars? No. Was if fun if you can reasonably suspend your disbelief (as you should for any film outside documentaries)? Yes.

Honest Trailers was actually praising it. They said something like, "It's the most awesome dumb movie ever, or it's the dumbest awesome movie ever." It's a sentiment I don't disagree with, and I say that as someone who saw it in the theaters a couple of times and own the movie on BRD.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 25, 2018, 02:34 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 16:47:
Did they ever add RPG elements to it? I played it back in like 2009 when it was a 4chan wet dream chat and it was so basic back then.

You can level up, but I don't know that it gives you anything for it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2018, 02:30 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 00:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 21:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 12:02:
https://www.npr.org/2018/01/24/580179607/tv-review-waco

Sounds good. I don't have cable, but this looks absolutely like something that will be on Netflix or Amazon in a year.

did they have tanks at waco? i don't remember them having tanks at waco. APCs yeah, but not goddamn tanks.

I was wondering what you were talking about, so I watched the trailer. Yeah, there are actual tanks in the trailer, but I only remember APCs from when the event happened 25 years ago. So I went on the Googles and found these pics of tanks rolling up on the compound. I had no idea.

Taylor Kitsch looks amazing in this. I liked him in John Carter, but he's showing some serious chops in that trailer. Michael Shannon is great in everything he does.

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 02:11 jdreyer

Yeah, without heavy Del Toro involvement, I'm worried. As Honest Trailers said about the first movie "the most awesome dumb movie ever made." I fear this next one will just be dumb.

That being said, looks like a good cast, and the director honed his chops on some pretty good TV shows including Daredevil, Spartacus, and Dollhouse. So, I'll hold out hope.

News Comments > Subnautica Surfaces
6. Re: Subnautica Surfaces Jan 25, 2018, 01:03 jdreyer

Isn't this a VR title? How does it compare VR vs non-VR?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2018, 21:26 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 12:02:
https://www.npr.org/2018/01/24/580179607/tv-review-waco

Sounds good. I don't have cable, but this looks absolutely like something that will be on Netflix or Amazon in a year.

6. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2018, 00:16 jdreyer

88 years of writing some of the best fantasy novels ever sounds like a good life.

Also, she was a trailblazer in an industry dominated by men.

RIP.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2018, 00:02 jdreyer

Our whole family still plays MC a few times a month, sometimes together, sometimes not. It's still brilliant.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 23, 2018, 23:59 jdreyer

Humble Paradox Bundle

Ooo, there are a few games in there I've wanted for a while...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2018, 23:32 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 20:05:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 13:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 11:46:
Tanks, helicopters and troops - WACO

Damn, Taylor Kitsch is a spitting image of David Koresh.

Are the reviews good?
Don't know, npr had this 25 years after the tanks and tear gas, waco returns to tv

Good read. I remember being younger and watching documentaries and stuff about things that happened when I was too young to understand what was happening, like Watergate. Now they're making stuff like this, and like the OJ Simpson stuff that I lived through. It's bizarre to see those transfixing tragedies turned into art and entertainment. But I supposed recounting true events as stories is built into our DNA. When they ask hunter gatherer tribes if they could only save one person in an apocalypse who would they save, it's never the farmer, the hunter, the chieftain, or the doctor; it's always the storyteller. They're the most prized in the tribe.

21455 Comments. 1073 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo