Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 23297 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Jul 28, 2018, 01:55 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 00:13:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 19:45:
Episode IX sneak peak

bahahahahah nice XD

so who wants to be the guinea pig to watch this on opening night and tell the rest of us if it's any good? cuz even as big of a star wars fan as i am, i'm at best 50/50 if i want to see it in theaters without hesitation.

It's JJ Abrams. Of course it won't be good. There will be lots of CG and lens flare though.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jul 28, 2018, 01:52 jdreyer

Pigeon wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 20:18:
Episode IX: Spaceships pewpew and The Force a Star Wars cash grab story. You know, the prequels may have been terrible, but at least the story was going somewhere. Why the fuck would I want to see the next movie?

Yeah, my motivation is low. These movies seem listless and directionless, even if the characters are likeable.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 23:43 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 16:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 16:10:
---
Games where she could play and you could watch:
---
Evilgrin Yep, I went there.

Phrasing!

LOL.

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
11. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 27, 2018, 16:43 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 14:24:
SlimRam wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 12:49:
EA tried giving stuff away but frankly, it just didn't feel right.

No such thing as free. You have to install Origin to get the free game. EA reports Origin numbers to their shareholders, and they can advertise other games. It's worth a "free" game.

Definitely not free:

Apartment: $1000-2000 per month
Food: $200-500 per month
Furniture: $500-5000
Electricity: $100 per month
Internet: $50 per month
Gaming PC: $500-2000

Okay, now you're ready to consume your "free" game.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 16:10 jdreyer

Great same screen coop games:

The Trine series: puzzle solving platforming. Gorgeous and fun.

BroForce: Side scrolling platforming shooter mayhem with parody 80s and 90s action heroes. So much camp, so much fun, but requires serious twitch skills in later levels.

Gauntlet: Top down fantasy adventuring for up to 4 people. A modern take on the old coin-op arcade game.

Rocket League: Soccer with race cars. So awesome.

The Lego games. My wife likes the running around and puzzle solving. Cool thing is that they cover a bunch of different themes: heroes, LotR, pirates, etc. so pick you poison.

Castle crashers: side scrolling fantasy action with cute characters.

Monaco: Top down heist action

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime: Two people fly a 2D ship and battle aliens inside asteroids. Fun and cute.

Hammerwatch: pixel art Gauntlet action.

Never Alone: cute side scrolling action with an Eskimo and arctic fox

Battleblock Theater: humorous and cut side scroller.

---

A few fun competitive games:

Worms series: Hilarity ensues when the grenade you threw bounces back and lands at your feet blasting your worm into the water where you sink to the icy depths.

Towerfall Ascension: 2D archery game. Although this has a coop mode against monsters, it's at its best trying to shoot each other with arrows. Lots of powerups and mods.

Blazerush: Superfun top-down racing with powerups.

GRiD 2: Split screen racing.

---

Games where she could play and you could watch:

Abzu: beautiful underwater puzzle and exploration game.

Rime: 3rd person puzzle and exploration game. Delightful and relaxing.

Witness: First person puzzle solving and exploration on a gorgeous island.

Puzzle Quest: Combines match 3 with RPG elements. This kind of game is a great gateway drug into games.

---

Some same screen coop games I've heard good things about but not played yet:

Overcooked: restaurant simulator?

Cuphead: Platformer with hand-drawn 1920s animation

Divinity OS 2: Traditional CRPG

Crypt of the Necrodancer: Rhythm top down something. You can use your own music.

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
9. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 27, 2018, 16:00 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 13:49:
Did Blue mention the OTH offerings here routinely and I just missed them?

One of the posts I most value here are the "here be free games" posts. Of coure, I don't even have an Origin account, but my UPlay account is loaded with free games I was clued into here that I'll probably never play! Still feels nice to have.

Yeah, given how often you're on the site, not sure how you missed them.

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
53. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 27, 2018, 00:51 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 22:11:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:48:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

So much anger.

Where is kind, sweet, forgiving KxMode?

I miss that guy.

Because I'm not the one who stole $60 based on a lie. It's nothing personal. It's just business.
Old Kx wouldn't quote mafia hitmen either.
You've changed dude.

18. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 00:47 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 23:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:15:
Anyone watch the Battle Angel trailer? I hope they work on that CG.

I think Cameron is trying to add realism to Anime. The problem is anime is not realistic and the brain quickly tosses it into uncanny valley land.

I dunno, the anime look of the character is definitely part of it. However, the CG of the character herself is also a problem: it's too shiny compared to the live humans. Uncanny valley for sure.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
38. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 27, 2018, 00:31 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 15:12:
Rigs wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 15:02:
How is it Chris Robert's gets a pass but Hello Games, who have busted their asses to get NMS in a state worthy of it's initial hype doesn't? I find no fault with HG whatsoever. They could've just dropped the whole game after the backlash and done another Joe Danger sequel. They didn't. They worked thru it and now we have a space combat survival sim that is very much worth buying. I can't be happy enough with NMS, I stuck with them the entire time and my loyalty has been rewarded many times over. This is a problem with GOG because they don't have a multiplayer infrastructure capable of supporting what NEXT does. I'm a little surprised they didn't think about this beforehand but maybe they did and had something in the works and it fell thru or didn't work as well as they wanted/needed. We don't know all the facts and yet many people are quick to condemn their actions as malevolent.

=-Rigs-=

Because Chris Roberts never lied about the state of his game. When SC was finally available to play, everyone knew it was Alpha, and no one was expecting a complete product.
Chris promised 100 systems. He has yet to finish a single one.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
37. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 27, 2018, 00:26 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:56:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:08:
fawker wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 11:20:
It's pretty typical for survival games, or at least ones that have elements of it, to make it very difficult at first and easier as you go, at least for the day to day stuff you need.

I doubt NMS is much different from Conan in this respect.

Darks mercifully made his Conan server less grindy.

Hows it going J?

Have you been on the server at all lately? I know I haven't, but I've been busy playing a few other games. Thats the problem with so many games being released. To many to play and not enough time to play them all.

I haven't been on, but haven't been playing much of anything lately. Work has been crazy, and I'm about to go on vacation.

I thought summer was for relaxing?

General Discussion > Blues news is pretty horrible on phones...
6. Re: Blues news is pretty horrible on phones... Jul 26, 2018, 21:54 jdreyer

JeffD wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 17:18:
So in other words, no one can be bothered with installing newer software. My only guess is you want to preserve the sites previous data, but that is neither a fix or workaround. Also how are security updates for software that is no longer updated?

"Can't be bothered." LoL. Blue's is a one man show my friend. Maybe after the move Blue will have some bandwidth (and a spot of extra cash) to look into it, but that's a ways off.

46. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 21:48 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:57:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

So much anger.

Where is kind, sweet, forgiving KxMode?

I miss that guy.

45. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 21:34 jdreyer

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:38:

They used the built in multiplayer network functionality built into Steam. I don’t think GoG Galaxy has anything like that, so they’ll have to build their own, which will take a while. Rather than delay multiplayer for everyone another few months because of a platform with likely a LOT fewer copies sold, they released it now and are working toward getting it available for everyone. I imagine at that point they’ll switch the Steam version over to whatever they make so people from both stores can play together.

But hey, better to assume someone’s doing it to be an asshole than it being a technical hurdle, right?

I see, thanks HoSpanky.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 21:15 jdreyer

Anyone watch the Battle Angel trailer? I hope they work on that CG.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 21:14 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:08:
Creston wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:15:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:55:
As they say in Bawstun, Okler-a-homer. When I was in Dallas for work one time I wanted to take a road trip up to Okie City but I didn't have time. Anyone ever been there? It looks small and pleasant. Except for the killer trees. Hope the little dude makes out ok. Upside is being that young his healing factor really works in his favour.

Oklahoma City is a dumpster fire. Tulsa area is a bit better, but it's still, you know, Oklahoma...

Really? Wow. Shots of it looks pretty nice. Hell, they wrote a musical about the state, it can't be all bad.
The musical was written in the early 40s and takes place at the turn of the century. Things can change.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Windows 10 will use machine learning to install system updates at the right time. Jul 26, 2018, 18:08 jdreyer

MeanJim wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 10:57:
They could save themselves a lot of trouble and let me decide when is the right time to update my computer.
The flip side of that is the millions of computers that don't update and become security liabilities.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 26, 2018, 17:42 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:20:
Quboid wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:43:
Goop is finally hiring someone to help them pretend their garbage has factual basis.
Paltrow Complains About 'Most Hated Celebrity' Label -- me thinks she deserves partial credit for it.

Yeah, she's an oblivious nut job.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 11:49 jdreyer

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:34:

Im guessing the studio execs didn't like that it has absolutely no magic in it, no dragons and no white walkers.

That's like an apple pie without the cinnamon, sugar, or apples.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 11:47 jdreyer

Poor kid. Hope he makes a full recovery.

I smell a lawsuit if the county wasn't keeping up on its park maintenance.

3. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 11:13 jdreyer

23297 Comments. 1165 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo