Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 22485 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
2. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 29, 2018, 14:07 jdreyer

Buyer beware, and don't buy early access?  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
51. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 16:18 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 14:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 11:55:
Timmeh wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 14:22:
The entire Russian thing is complete and utter BULLSHIT.

How can you trust a liar? We have Trump caught in lies over and over, but somehow you can look past them and trust him on this one. I bet if there were people close to you that lied to you 1/10th he has, you'd disown them. So why the double standard? Imo you have put your vision of how the world should work into Trump, it's a false hope.

As for Hillary etc, who's she? She running something? She lost, she's not the topic. Do both sides have bad people? Yes. Does that mean we allow illegal activities to go on and give up? What do they call what you are doing? Gaslighing? If you disagree with almost all of what I wrote, then my theory that we all live and move within different dimensions constantly is checking out. I'm still having a hard time figuring how 1/2 the US hears one thing and the other 1/2 the complete opposite and both think they are for Avg Joe, freedom and justice.

Are you guys still being political on a video game news site? It's very unbecoming. All of you should stop. Let's talk about things that matter like how fast Radical Heights fell off people's radar and is below Maple Story on Twitch, and why World of Warcraft is #4 on Twitch.
Wait, Maple Story servers are still active?

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Apr 28, 2018, 12:01 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 11:42:
I wonder if he's going to flee. He has the means to. I've read his legal team has strong grounds to get it all dismissed on appeal anyway because the charges came after the statute of limitations had expired. So he may just weasel his way out of all of this yet.

I wonder where he could go where he wouldn't be recognized.

17. Re: Into the Black Apr 28, 2018, 12:00 jdreyer

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 08:15:
Mr. Rogers never went to jail, never diddled kids, and never raped anyone.

Mr. Rogers gave the speech at my college graduation. We were "cool kids" and very skeptical and made fun of the choice of course. That's like your babysitter giving the speech! What a shitty choice!

And then he gave the best speech I had heard in my life to that point, and got like a 5 minute standing O.

15. Re: Into the Black Apr 28, 2018, 11:56 jdreyer

SirKnight wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:51:
Rigs wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:19:
And yet, somehow, you're supposed to be able to figure it out and deal with it while being given no tools do so as you get older.

Of course there's tools to figure the world out. It's called God's word. Those that reject it are the ones causing the problems and are the ones confused and lost. Trying to "go your own way" will always lead to failure. Got Qs?
Yup, that worked out great for all those Catholic priests.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2018, 02:34 jdreyer

Pigeon wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 21:14:
Avengers was great, I was pretty happy with how they handled the large cast. Damn near three hours long, but I never felt like it was dragging.

Happy Birthday JD, had mine a few days ago. Go Taurus Headbang

Hey, thanks.

I was dreading A:IW a bit, since the second Avengers movie was not that good. But it sounds like they hit the mark on this one.

42. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 28, 2018, 02:30 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 23:10:
This forum is on the verge of invoking Godwin's law.

I think you just invoked it!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2018, 21:10 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:37:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:25:
Congrats, Blue. I wonder if I ever noticed before that your anniversary is on my BD.

Happy Birthday, man! Many returns of the day!

Thanks all! Going to the Yard House tonight to have a couple of Belgians. Cheers

News Comments > Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter
22. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 27, 2018, 21:09 jdreyer

Still hoping for my vertical Battle Royale game...  

36. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 21:07 jdreyer

JoeCool wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:18:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:00:
Timmeh wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 14:22:

Leftists are totally Ok with the likes of George Soros pumping millions and millions into influencing elections and policy in the USA and the rest of the world but if they can lie cheat and steal to pin some made up bullshit on the Russians its the end of the world.

Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, Huntsman, etc. are billionaires that pour money into conservative PACs at twice the rate of liberal billionaires like Soros. Conservatives have the rich man money edge.

Our government is overrun with commie leftist bastards who will do anything to destroy america as we know it.
All branches of the federal government are currently controlled by the Republicans. In addition, Republicans control 33 state governorships and 26 state legislatures compared to 15 governorships and 6 state legislatures for Dems. So you're saying Republicans are Commies leftist bastards?

by the way.... The clinton foundation took 145 million from Russian businessmen, banks and company to sell out america. Thats just one example of hundreds of pay to play cases that are ignored by the leftist SCUM in the deep state of our government.
You do realize the Clinton foundation gets billions of dollars a year, and $145M is a piddly amount right? Also, you realize that the Clintons themselves don't get this money, their charitable foundation does, right? Unlike Trump, who got money directly from the Russians. You remember the Russians, right? The original Communists and our arch enemy: you remember, right?

If you leftists were actually decent people you would care about ALL of this.
You do realize that the Dems are the party trying to improve people's lives, right: healthcare, gun control, consumer and financial protection, good jobs, etc. All these things improve under Dem administrations and decline under Republican ones.

Gun control is not improvining peoples lives, it's taking away rights. Every American has and can get healthcare, Why we worry about the 10% too lazy or stupid to get health insurance is beyond me.

Good think we have trump who's given us the best economy in decades, GPD growth has increased since the last two years of Obama.

Gun violence in the US each year kills 35,000, wounds 75,000, and costs $229 BILLION. Just so you can go play pew-pew at the range. Fuck you.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 27, 2018, 20:53 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 19:43:
Let me know when everything is fixed so I can finally join fakebook. I need me some hundreds of "friends."

Jes'bout sums it up.

News Comments > Solo Goes It Alone
1. Re: Solo Goes It Alone Apr 27, 2018, 20:45 jdreyer

I keep waiting for this game to come out with a multiplayer mode...  

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
6. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 27, 2018, 20:44 jdreyer

Siiiiick.  

News Comments > Call to Arms Issues a Call to Arms
1. Re: Call to Arms Issues a Call to Arms Apr 27, 2018, 20:42 jdreyer

Heh.  

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
3. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Apr 27, 2018, 20:42 jdreyer

Rhialto wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 19:56:
2015 was free like 3 weeks ago...

I was going to say...

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
73. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 27, 2018, 18:30 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 17:19:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 01:54:
Verno wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 15:36:
Pretty hilarious to criticize a company for outdoing you at an unfinished project. Yes Derek, we know you're the true king of these messes. There's your attention, have a cookie and go away.

Annihilation was pretty good. What did you think?

Nothing could do the books justice but they nailed a lot of the abstract elements pretty well. Only Netflix money can buy that kind of weird anymore, the other studios are too risk adverse. I still prefer the books but it was a worthy effort. I was disappointed they never explored the stuff with the lighthouse keeper/etc but perhaps its being positioned for a sequel one day, I'm not sure. It sort of ends as an odd mix of book 1 and parts of 3.

Most people who haven't read the books probably are scratching their heads after watching it though.

Yeah, I never read the books, but thought it was just a very atmospheric and beautifully shot "Heart of Darkness" journey. The cinematography and use of color was amazing, even if there were a few holes and inconsistencies plot-wise. I like blockbusters as much as the next guy, but it's nice to have some more intellectual, risk-taking sci-fi as well.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2018, 18:25 jdreyer

Congrats, Blue. I wonder if I ever noticed before that your anniversary is on my BD.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2018, 18:20 jdreyer

Pigeon wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 13:50:
Happy Aniversary Blue!! I myself may try catching the Avengers this afternoon. They're working on the power-lines around my place so the power is supposed to out for ~10 hours; great reason to go to a movie after work.

On another note I've been noticing some oddities with the UI appearance of image searches when using google on my home machine. Along with listing the source website under every picture (before you click on a picture), when you click on a picture it opens it in a semi-pop up overlay with a white background, as opposed to opening in a horizontal space created below the picture with a black background. Functionally it appears to operate the same, i.e. all the same options are there and clicking on the actual source of the image doesnít redirect to a website other than the identified source.

My first thought was of course that Iíd picked up some kind of malware, but scans from Avira and Malwarebytes returned nothing. Looking through hijackthis and running processes I didnít see anything suspicious (doesnít mean there isnít anything). My only other guess is thereís a customization setting somewhere that Iím not finding.

It persists when I restart Firefox in safe mode, but it does not occur in privacy mode. Iíve not tried booting the whole computer into safe mode. Any thoughts would appreciated, Iíll try to provide screen shots later when I have access to my home computer and the power is back.

Can you post a screenshot? Never mind. Read up thread solution.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 27, 2018, 18:17 jdreyer

This should have dropped on April 1.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders
7. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders Apr 27, 2018, 18:16 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 16:51:
The preview at RPS skewers this title pretty good.

I was going to say, haven't we had a glut of "Shadow of..." games lately?

22485 Comments. 1125 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo