Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 21479 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer
6. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer Jan 31, 2018, 05:08 jdreyer

Any plans to put drivable/flyable vehicles in this game? Still looking for a modern replacement for BF2 AIX.  

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2018, 05:03 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 02:08:
Some of his work is outstanding like Léon: The Professional, The Big Blue, and Nikita. Most of his work is at least entertaining like The Fifth Element, Subway, and Lucy. Netflix made a good move there IF they can make him stick to a reasonable budget.

The script for Valerian was not good, but the visuals and the world building were fantastic. It was incredibly inventive.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 30, 2018, 21:14 jdreyer

"Moon" was so good. Looking forward to seeing this.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 30, 2018, 21:08 jdreyer

I suppose a firing was going to be an outcome of this debacle. Sounds like the employee had made similar mistakes in the past. Also, the director resigned, which is where the actual responsibility lays.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 30, 2018, 21:00 jdreyer

Shocked I tell you! Shocked!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 12:57 jdreyer

The bugs in the F-35 software can be fixed over time. I'm more concerned about ALIS, the centralized cloud-based software used for maintenance, mission planning, etc. Anything on the cloud is vulnerable to hackers and cyber attacks. How degraded will the plane functionality be if that gets infiltrated or taken out? It's like commander Adama says of the old Galactica: "There are many computers on this ship. None of them are networked."  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 12:48 jdreyer

2 cops allegedly ate marijuana edibles, got high, and called for backup.

Soooo, they ran out of Cheetos and the other police made a snack run for them?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 12:44 jdreyer

DarkV wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 10:40:
Glad things worked out for you Blue. I think Honda might have a battery problem since you are the forth person I've heard from that has had to replace a Honda battery way before it's time. My aunt got into it with the dealership cause Honda "claimed" the lights on the car must have been left on numerous times to kill the battery...which is BS since i'd be the one jumping her car since she lives up stairs from us.

Meh, my Mazda battery went a couple of years early, and I don't even live in a cold place.

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 11:58:
That just a lackey at the dealership talking out of their ass. If the battery is under warranty they should just replace it and smile while apologizing for the inconvenience.

Yup, that's exactly what happened in my instance.

News Comments > Your Royal Gayness Comes Out
4. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 30, 2018, 12:42 jdreyer

Your Royal Gayness Comes Out

I see what you did there Blue.

Also, that title sounds like something from South Park.

15. Re: Into the Black Jan 30, 2018, 11:33 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 03:16:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 00:35:
Morality issues aside, how the hell did this woman break her ankle? It seemed like she just took a step and it basically twisted left about 90 degrees...

Work on the physical fitness, thieves. Dexterity 16+ or stay home. Some Str/Con wouldn't be too bad either.

She needed this theft to use the experience and level up.

Another first level character bites the dust. There's no way these people are getting away with this. Waiting for the follow up story about how they got arrested.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 29, 2018, 23:22 jdreyer

Bill Borre wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 19:45:
So the practical use of a flamethrower is?

I thought everyone knew the answer to that.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
8. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 20:03 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 19:41:
Microsoft can't buy Steam, its privately owned and Gabe isn't exactly a fan of their platform direction anymore. That is just speculative crap to be ignored, don't put any credence in it. Why would they buy Valve anyway? Valve can barely make games for its own platform anymore, let alone another.

Maybe they are waiting for him to keel over. The man does not look healthy. Probably wouldn't take much to hasten him along, say a complimentary box of doughnuts sent to his corner office daily.

7. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 20:00 jdreyer

What we need to be really concerned about is whether MS will buy CD Projekt Red and make future Witcher and Cyberpunk games Xbox exclusives. It's currently worth $2B, which is close to what MS paid for Minecraft.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 29, 2018, 19:49 jdreyer

Sooo, Nick Cage's face on pr0n star's body? Cannot unsee.  

3. Re: Into the Black Jan 29, 2018, 19:43 jdreyer

Gotta love when karma strikes at the moment of wrongdoing.

Those packages probably won't make up for medical bills, time off of work, pain, suffering, etc.

1. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 19:36 jdreyer

Wouldn't it be funny if they acquire EA, and it languishes, and MS closes them down in five years? Oh, what sweet irony that would be.  

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
68. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 29, 2018, 19:29 jdreyer

Blackhawk wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 12:32:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 12:01:
Single player games, especially heavily linear ones like Uncharted/Tomb Raider, would lose sales to full playthroughs.

That is not what the actual data shows. While there may be a few people who would sit through a 15-hour LP in lieu of buying, far more will realize they like the game and purchase it. Losing 100 sales and gaining 500 is a good thing, and that's what the (admittedly limited at this point, but you know the publishers have better info) data shows is happening.

I watched all the cutscenes for Injustice Gods Among Us. I thought the story was interesting, and knew I would never play the SP campaign. Then I bought the game, and play it local multi player with the kids.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
67. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 19:04 jdreyer

I watch Let's Play vids for a couple of reasons.

First is to see what the average gameplay is like. You often don't get that from rendered or even in engine trailers.

Second is for entertainment. I don't watch often, but occasionally there are Let's Play vids that capture my interest. I watched one guy's monthly Elite Dangerous vids, which he narrated with on screen text. Each episode was him flying around doing missions and interacting with other Commanders, but it had a nice narrative flow. Another set of vids we're Arma 3 Bullshittery, a bunch of guys messing around in the game edited down to 15 m clips. Really funny.

Here's the thing, companies would be stupid to crack down on this stuff. I now own both of these games, partly because those videos were enjoyable. It's free advertising.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 17:36 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 11:11:
As for Duke, I remember sitting outside growing up, reading the preview from PCG or CGW, discussing the details such as being able to leave bloody footprints (which sounded, and then was, mindblowing), as well as being able to drop pipe bombs on people below you (less mindblowing, laser tripmines were the fun ones.)

Played the crap out of the shareware. We all did. Only one guy in our group bought the full game, though. Probably had at least 200 hours in the shareware, if not triple that.

I loved whacking pigmen with that triple barrel machine gun.

Duke 3D was good times.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 29, 2018, 17:32 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 11:47:
Don't go to Cambodia.

"But I want to see the world!"

Have fun seeing a 3rd world prison cell.

Arrested for producing pr0n pretending to have sex with your clothes on.

Crazy.

21479 Comments. 1074 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo