Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 17860 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2017, 05:18 jdreyer

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 00:03:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 19:24:
On Friday I had vegetable korma

one of my favorites... i can make it myself pretty well at this point - also been making naan in my cast iron skillet, and thats been working great as well

my #1 favorite is malai kofta tho.. thats the bomb diggity

Huh, naan in a cast iron skillet? I've never heard of that. Do you do it something like this?

As for vegetable korma, I got it from my local Indian place, but have been looking at various recipes. This is the recipe I was thinking of trying next weekend, although it looks a bit involved.

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 7, 2017, 04:53 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 03:23:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 23:58:
all you have to do is close your eyes a bit, bit your lip and start moaning softly, maybe grunt a couple times - and they will finish with their little search very quickly

Or maybe sue YOU for sexual harassment

What if I sprout wood? That would be involuntary, and thus non-actionable?

*Jdreyer goes off to book flight*

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p

News Comments > Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined
9. Re: Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined Mar 7, 2017, 02:42 jdreyer

DrSquick wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 22:59:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 19:40:
Good for them. I want this game, but after ARK no way in hell I'm touching a survival game until it's done, or the end is in sight.

What don't you like about ARK? I bought it pretty close to launch, and the performance was WAY too bad for me to play. A few months ago I got on a survival kick, and played a bunch of survival games. I will say Subnautica is an absolutely exceptional game (just don't read anything about it... Go in blind, the story line is great). Then I chewed through that in 20ish hours, and now I'm back to ARK. Performance still sucks, and taming dinos takes a thousand years, even on 3x speed... But it's a very fun survival game!

I played Ark on one of their free weekends, and bounced off it. I wanted to cruise around exploring, but all I could do was work, work, work: gather food, gather materials, etc. etc.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined
8. Re: Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined Mar 7, 2017, 02:40 jdreyer

MacLeod wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 19:56:
Funcom's goal was very lofty... as seen from this engadget article quote:

Eventually, Conan Exiles would prove to be that game, but the company didn't choose to develop it lightly. First, it took to SteamSpy to see what kind of games reached the numbers it would need for FunCom to survive. The team discovered that if they made a survival game that was only moderately successful, the company would be able to climb out of debt. "These games sell a lot, but they're not that high quality." Bylos explained. "We could definitely hit that bar."

Literally saying "hey, survival games are shit but sell. We can do that!". FFS.

Do you blame them?

Also, I like the idea of an actual studio with experience bringing their professionalism to the genre. Also, CONAN, too.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 22:33 jdreyer

Realmk wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 18:45:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 13:14:
BobBob wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 12:41:
They're just following in the footsteps of the cummander-in-chief. Blank

You spelt it rong.

Your side lost get over it. For all the whining over the last 8 years of how much Obozo the Clown was obstructed from saving the world, its quite telling to see the shoe on the other foot now drop as we watch both the left and many in the GOP obstruct the first president since Reagan who actually loves America, we get it, liberals hate America. Boo hoo deal with it, your dreams of the UN running the world have been postponed.

Trump loves America? LOL. Trump loves Trump.

Also, how's that whole "we own all three branches of the gov't" working out for ya so far? Seven weeks in and not a damn thing accomplished beyond a shitload of negative publicity and resignations.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2017, 22:30 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 21:23:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 11:41:
Not sure about the Switch yet? Just watch thy Angry Joe review

Damn, that is a cheap piece of hardware. Everything about it just screams "we literally spent 10 cents on this!"

That dock is just absolutely retarded. That's shittier than an Ouya.

Hey, but those break away dual controllers are SO COOL!

And the cartidges taste AWESOME!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2017, 22:27 jdreyer

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 10:20:
I think Nintendo's attitude towards dead pixels is pretty dumb, especially at the system's launch but it's also the same stance literally every monitor and laptop manufacturer takes as well. Hell, even the $1,000 ROG Swift isn't guaranteed to not have dead pixels. Don't get me wrong, it's a ridiculous industry policy to claim that a certain amount of defect is OK but it's not like Nintendo's the only one doing this.

That might be true, but Nintendo has this mythical aura of quality that those others lack. Deserved or otherwise.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 19:24 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 17:05:
So talking about Indian food I was in town today close to my fave Indian resto so I always make a point to stop by when I'm around because there food if so good - and I always eat vegetarian there. So I got - and brought home - some Daal, Chana Masala, curried pumpkin, sweet eggplant, and a lovely veggie biryani, as well as some roti and tamarind samosas. Mmmmm, so good! Man, I love Indian food!
On Friday I had vegetable korma and chickpea chana masala with garlic naan. Sooo good.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 17:03 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 16:59:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:38:
Stop it, just stop it. You are not that stupid. Yes, people can have faith in things other than religion, including science. However, the advancement of science is based on observable, repeatable events not on convincing others to have the same faith as you. Science and religion are not the same, no matter how many times you say they are.

I'm not stupid. I am only illustrating a point using something you may be familiar with (like Jesus did with his copious agrarian illustrations). Scientists put faith in plenty of things they haven't been able to prove as scientific fact, even though they see the evidence to show it is true. They further this faith by writing papers and books about the possibilities. While there are a few skeptics, the vast majority never question their motives or evidence.

This is precisely the same with the Bible for those who study it. I think the real key here is people bundle the Bible in with crazy people and violent organizations as being mutually inclusive. I will be the first to say that history is rife with examples of Christian religions have used the Bible as a weapon to commit all kinds of atrocities. For example, as recent as World World 2, Christendom's priests blessed the arms of Allied soldiers that they would use against fellow believers in the Axis armies. There is a significant distinction between what the Bible states and how people use it. The Bible is simply not the cause of these acts. People are.

To your point about "observable, repeatable events" I would challenge you to look at observable, repeatable events of the world from the early 1900's onward. Compare the mindset before 1920's with the mindset post. There's was a noticeable malaise that the world has never been able to recover from despite the advances in technology, medicine, and more. Also look up scientists observations about the sun. They say it is heating up against all scientific "observable, repeatable" evidence that shows when a star reaches a certain age its core begins to grow "colder." As far as they know ours is the only "observable" star that has not grown cold with age (they cannot explain the reasons). The Bible provides a sound reason for it, and it has nothing to do with "global warming" as Swiss and German scientists claim.

But again, faith in science or religion is purely based on available evidence, and neither is superior to the other. It is only the result of the study of proof.

I write this reply not to proselytize you, but to exchange ideas based on my personal research that you may not have seen elsewhere. The mature response is to acknowledge it the same way we would recognize Brian Greene's string theories.
Don't you have a day job?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 16:15 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:38:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:18:
The same could be said of scientists who proposed string theory (remains unproven), Higgs Boson (took 48 years to verify), and E=MC^2 (took 120 years to prove). And yet you haven't seen the scientific community protesting vigorously about these just because they remained theories at the time. In fact, many participated in proving them correct through years and years of research. In any context, science is always a systematic effort to build and organize knowledge from satisfactory evidence, and real faith is based on such efforts. Even faith in science can exist.
Stop it, just stop it. You are not that stupid. Yes, people can have faith in things other than religion, including science. However, the advancement of science is based on observable, repeatable events not on convincing others to have the same faith as you. Science and religion are not the same, no matter how many times you say they are.
When you've lost the reasonable Mr. Tact...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 16:10 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 15:18:
Dacote wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 14:00:
You're posting fictional beliefs for REAL world issues, but RedEye9 is ignorant and stupid for pointing out your hypocrisy.

The same could be said of scientists who proposed string theory (remains unproven), Higgs Boson (took 48 years to verify), and E=MC^2 (took 120 years to prove). And yet you haven't seen the scientific community protesting vigorously about these just because they remained theories at the time. In fact, many participated in proving them correct through years and years of research. In any context, science is always a systematic effort to build and organize knowledge from satisfactory evidence, and real faith is based on such efforts. Even faith in science can exist.

To put it this way; I would put more faith in Jesus' prophecy than I would in string theory because I can see the evidence in Jesus' prophecy. Even though string theory sounds fascinating when Brian Greene explains it as vibrating strands of energy, there's no evidence for it yet. Both require faith.
String theory is based on complex mathematics, just like general relativity before it. That doesn't mean it will be proven right like general relativity and many others have been, but the theory is based on a well understood scientific method of prediction that has borne much fruit in the past. It's not really comparable to religion and doesn't require the same kind of blind faith.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 13:14 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 12:41:
They're just following in the footsteps of the cummander-in-chief. Blank

You spelt it rong.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 13:13 jdreyer

Ex penetrated us almost 700 times through secret backdoor, biz alleges.

Personally, I hate it when that happens, especially when it's like every day for 2 years.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 13:09 jdreyer

I offer Marc Maron's podcast with Bill Paxton. It was done a month ago and contains a bunch of anecdotes about his life and all the movies and shows he worked on/in. A great retrospective for a great actor. Bill's interview starts somewhere around the 20-25m mark.

Fun fact: after Bill had made it as an actor, Bill's dad, once retired from the lumber business, went back to school to study acting and got roles in a bunch of stuff.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
29. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial Mar 6, 2017, 03:57 jdreyer

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 20:38:
Made a video of roughly the first 30 minutes of the game. Wasn't very impressed although I'm sure there is more to it...not sure if I can force myself to go further, though. Feels too clunky.

Thanks for the vid. Looks like graphics is somewhere btw ES: Oblivion and ES: Skyrim?

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
27. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 6, 2017, 03:10 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 19:46:
Where have all our heroes gone? Roberts, Molyneaux, Garriott, Carmack

I think about the only ones left are Sid Meir and Will Wright. I'll have to dig out my copy of PC Gamer's 'Game Gods' issue from the 90's and see who else was on there...like Jon Romero. I guess we can thank the heavens above we still have Derek Smart, eh? Wacko

=-Rigs-=

There are no more heroes, man. Gaming grew too bigly.

Your new heroes are: Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Actiblizz.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2017, 02:59 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 23:18:
loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 23:10:
old tvs will be like old cars. model t type shit. if you have a good one, keep it in storage for your kids

You wish, but phosphor decay is unstoppable.

Maybe so, but my mother still has my old Panasonic CRT TV that I got back in '92. She uses it daily, and it still looks fine. They last a while.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 21:43 jdreyer

Filmgoers Want More R-Rated Superhero Films.

I hope that Hollywood doesn't take the wrong message from the success of Logan and Deadpool.

We don't want R-rated movies. We want good movies that happen to be R-rated. The problem with the PG-13 rating is that you can often pick out the seams where they scaled something back to make the rating. It breaks the illusion and takes a viewer out of the story.

I miss the great action movies of the 80s that were R-rated like Terminator, Aliens, Die Hard, Rambo, etc. These weren't gory, over the top movies. They were just made for adults and had just a smidge too much swearing or gore to keep them from being PG or later, PG-13. The R rating gave writers, directors, and actors the freedom to make the movie exactly according to their vision, and make the best movie possible.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 21:35 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 19:08:
I'm waiting for someone to leak donnys tax returns, happy days.

FBI Director Asks Justice Department To Publicly Deny Trump's 'Wire Tapping' Allegation
it has begun

Honestly shocked it hasn't happened already. Where's anonymous when you need them?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 21:33 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 18:40:
james clapper, DNI during this time, already flatly denied there were any secret wiretaps on trump. not something he could normally do if an investigation did exist. trump is just blindly deepthroating alt-right news balls deep again and gagging on it without the slightest bit of skepticism.

Just because the DNI denies it doesn't mean some other gov't entity wasn't doing it. There are more than a dozen different agencies that might be investigating this.

17860 Comments. 893 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo