Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 22462 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
22. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 3, 2018, 02:23 jdreyer

Creston wrote on May 2, 2018, 14:19:
the largest PC launch in Activision's history

*Wank*

So, this announcement gets "One dismissive wank."

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 2, 2018, 20:04 jdreyer

Sugoku oishii! Aww

SUGOKU OISHII!!!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 19:55 jdreyer

Hoop wrote on May 2, 2018, 19:39:
NKD wrote on May 2, 2018, 17:41:
I know we've got a couple Flat Earthers around here, wonder if they'd care to come out and "enlighten" us?

Not a flat earther but I will admit to being a flat Chester.

So there, I find women with flat chests more attractive than overly ample women. Give me Keira Knightley any day of the week.
Have you been to Thailand?
Or anywhere in East Asia for that matter.

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 19:54 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on May 2, 2018, 16:21:
Flat-Earthers Think 'Pac-Man Effect' Stops Us Falling Off the Edge of the Planet.

Sigh. Sigh

Hey KX. Fascinating podcast with Sam Harris and New Testament scholar Bart Ehrman.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2018, 16:29 jdreyer

Darks wrote on May 2, 2018, 09:52:
jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2018, 23:55:
Darks wrote on May 1, 2018, 20:24:
What? no credit Blues? Damn!!
Credit? What are you referring to?

The game looks pretty cool actually. Good luck to them.

I sent an email to blues about this going live yesterday.
Ahhh. Thanks, Darks!

News Comments > etc., etc.
26. Re: Devolves into my conspiracy theory is better than yours May 2, 2018, 16:28 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2018, 16:25:
jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2018, 16:18:
Beamer wrote on May 2, 2018, 09:41:
Whoever comes up with a cure for cancer will get a Nobel Prize, and the company that does it will become instantly beloved and see their stock price make a huge jump.

"There isn't a monetary incentive" is a dumb, dumb response. This would be the biggest medical breakthrough since penicillin. The researchers names, and probably the CEO who enables it these days, would be known to history forever.

There's a vaccine now for HPV, which causes several types of cancer. I don't know if the company did it on its own, or was given a grant.

Edit: I see you mentioned that up thread.

Mansplainer!

Pimp

25. Re: etc., etc. May 2, 2018, 16:26 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 2, 2018, 07:12:
jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2018, 03:39:
I do take solace that, as a race, we continue to improve our technology, and that someday, death from cancer will no longer be a thing.

It will continue to be a thing so long as medicine and healthcare are profit driven. There is far more money, currently, in treating cancer than in curing it. No cure will be forthcoming so long as treating it is a billions per year cash cow.

While I could see a company behaving that way (it's hard to find a pharmaceutical company that will make the flu vaccine due to the low margins), lots of medical research is done at universities. In these cases getting published, grant money, tenure, fame, etc. are motivating factors, and discovering cures hits all of those buttons.

23. Re: Devolves into my conspiracy theory is better than yours May 2, 2018, 16:18 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2018, 09:41:
Whoever comes up with a cure for cancer will get a Nobel Prize, and the company that does it will become instantly beloved and see their stock price make a huge jump.

"There isn't a monetary incentive" is a dumb, dumb response. This would be the biggest medical breakthrough since penicillin. The researchers names, and probably the CEO who enables it these days, would be known to history forever.

There's a vaccine now for HPV, which causes several types of cancer. I don't know if the company did it on its own, or was given a grant.

Edit: I see you mentioned that up thread.

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 16:11 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on May 2, 2018, 15:00:
jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2018, 14:06:
Rodrigo Koxa sets all-time record for biggest wave surfed.

Speaking of potential Darwin award winners.
I see your candidate and raise you one Aaron Traywick, the 'Biohacker' Who Injected Himself with DIY Herpes Treatment Found Dead.

Yeah, that guy is an actual Darwin award winner.

I actually thought Aaron was this guy Joseph. Apparently there are multiple herpes injecting biohackers out there. It will be interesting to see what the cause of death was.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 14:06 jdreyer

Rodrigo Koxa sets all-time record for biggest wave surfed.

Speaking of potential Darwin award winners.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 13:59 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2018, 13:11:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 2, 2018, 12:38:
No worries, I understand, me too. Things are cool.

I suppose, arguably, I'm mansplaining, haha.
Mansplaining, btw, is when a man has to loudly explain something he likely knows the person he's talking to already knows, but has to show some dominance in not accepting that they do up front.

I thought mansplaining was when a dude tried to explain an issue to a woman, especially a female issue, and did it either poorly or incorrectly: "He mansplained rape to me." Kind of the equivalent to "I have black friends" to explain away a racially insensitive comment.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 13:53 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2018, 11:27:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 2, 2018, 11:11:
If people want to think the Earth is flat, fine. Whatever. But why is it showing up in the news? Where are the reports of the successful alchemists turning lead into gold? *sheesh* If this is the best you can do to generate news, find a new job. Ignore them already.

Flat-earthers are either mentally deficient, idiots, or think they are being funny. There is no other explanation.

It gets clicks. It's going to be the most clicked link here, so Newsweek will keep discussing it. It will be the most discussed topic here, so Blue will keep featuring it. We doing this to ourselves!

And the more it's discussed, the more people think there just may be something to it.

I've actually been to a town hall meeting discussing global warming and what the town can do to reduce its carbon footprint, and heard an old guy say "Carbon dioxide doesn't absorb heat! That's ridiculous!" There are those people that don't trust science for whatever reason.

Around 2% of Americans believe the earth is flat. Most tend to be very religious.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 13:34 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on May 2, 2018, 11:03:
The mental gymnastics people will go through to justify their wackadoo theories. I just boggles my mind. I mean, you have to really try hard to justify thinking the Earth is flat, especially because it's not and anyone with half a brain and some traveling experience can tell you it is not.

Do you trust your own eyes, or the cabal of lying scientists trying to trick the government into giving them billions of dollars to test crackpot theories like a "round" earth.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 03:49 jdreyer

NKD wrote on May 1, 2018, 23:59:
Personally, I'd probably take the option if it was available. I don't have a terminal health condition, but my overall health is poor thanks to shitty hereditary issues on both sides of my family. My QOL in 10 years or so is going to be pretty bad. I go months without drinking, and other than the occasional bowl, I don't smoke, so I got that going for me. Only a few family members left. No wife, no kids. Not really anyone who would be hurt by my passing.
That's surprising. You seem like a top bloke.

I see so many older folks who are basically completely alone and living a really miserable life. I wouldn't want to end up like that. I hope by the time I am older that we've got a more humane view on suicide here.
Assisted suicide is legal in California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Montana, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington.

11. Re: etc., etc. May 2, 2018, 03:39 jdreyer

MattyC wrote on May 2, 2018, 02:08:
Shok wrote on May 1, 2018, 21:00:
if you have pain or abnormal bleeding, even in the most embarrassing part of your body, DON'T IGNORE IT

Everyone should note this.

I only know him from his reviews and casts, but I feel confident he was a great guy and this... just sucks.

Yup, had these lumps in my neck I ignored for years. I just figured they were swollen lymph nodes from catching colds and stuff. I'll never forget the look on my doctor's face when she felt them. Her face was ashen, and she was like "I'm doing a biopsy RIGHT NOW." A week later I was in surgery. Doc was like, "Another couple of weeks and it would have spread, and you'd have been terminal." That was 12 years ago, and I'm still chuggin' along. Fingers crossed.

I do take solace that, as a race, we continue to improve our technology, and that someday, death from cancer will no longer be a thing.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 1, 2018, 23:55 jdreyer

Darks wrote on May 1, 2018, 20:24:
What? no credit Blues? Damn!!
Credit? What are you referring to?

The game looks pretty cool actually. Good luck to them.

6. Re: etc., etc. May 1, 2018, 21:05 jdreyer

There are times one would feel lucky at retiring at 33. This is not one of those times. I hope TB can stretch this out for a few years.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 1, 2018, 13:39 jdreyer

NKD wrote on May 1, 2018, 03:40:
Saboth wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 19:40:
Working with Trump is not a good use of anyone's time. He's going to do whatever he thinks is best, regardless of what an expert tells him. He thinks he knows more than the experts, yet doesn't know the basics, such as how our government works. The system of checks and balances is "very unfair" he says.

Hell, just listening to him talk is a waste of time. You are either going to get a complete lie or gibberish.

This is the thing that confuses the fuck out of me more than anything. How does anyone come away from Trump talking about anything and think "Wow that guy really knows his shit!"

I'd really like a Trump supporter to explain that one.

It's less what he is, and more what he represents: "He's gonna kick out the brownies and MAGA!1"

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2018, 13:32 jdreyer

Meh, I always use two spaces. That's how I learned in typing class in 7th grade (from my 100 lb. blonde French teacher, nonetheless) and I'm sticking with it. It may get stripped out online, but it doesn't in Word documents, and it looks better IMO.

Also, get off my lawn.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2018, 13:28 jdreyer

A shame about Gibson. They're an iconic guitar maker. The Les Paul is a dream to play: solid, with it's think neck and low action. Sounds like their management sucks, and basically ran the company into the ground.  

22462 Comments. 1124 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo