Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 18861 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2017, 14:12 jdreyer

Since the diesel scandal hit American car companies too, I wonder if any American auto execs will be indicted.

Oh, wait, what am I saying. Corporations are people, but are never held responsible in the USA.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 14:02 jdreyer

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 12:22:
Sorry, I tried to think like someone that would actually support this but my brain started to hurt. This is one of the dumbest things I've read this year and 2017 has no shortage of contenders.

85% of Republicans think Trump is doing a good job.

Things have become so tribal, that Republicans can't think straight.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 02:40 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 16:09:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 14:47:
NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 18:29:
GMDX 9.0 is out. Gentlemen its time to install Deus Ex again.

Deus Ex: Revision vs. GMDX 9.0, which is better?
good question, the intarwebs have not caught up with 9 yet.

LOL. Thanks.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 10, 2017, 02:38 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 18:06:
I'd actually try this now, but just realized it's probably not on Steam or GOG. I didn't play ME3, because it's origin only and partly for the ME2 dlc scam. Sadly I bet MEA is origin only, too. I'd like to applaud ea for this but they are still so far down in the cesspool it would be like slapping shitballs.

Why the Origin hate? There were teething issues when it first came out, but it works perfectly fine now. And EA's return policy is more generous than Steam.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 02:31 jdreyer

With MadCatz going out of business I hope Razer decides to start making joysticks.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 9, 2017, 16:48 jdreyer

wtf_man wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 16:10:
$1200.00 first year

Annual Subscriptions - Visual Studio Professional

Look at Standard Subscriptions Tab.

Have a friend or two go in with you... cuts down the cost... keys still work after you cancel the subscription.

In the chart, look under "Subscriber Benefits" and you will see that "Windows, Windows Server, Windows Embedded, Microsoft SQL Server" is checked for the $1200.00 version. It's a dirty way to get your hands on Enterprise LTSB OS's without technically pirating... but like you said... it's the version that everyone would want and they don't make it easily available.

EDIT: Ah crap... they lock you into subscribing for at lease 3 years:

Look at Cloud vs. Standard Subcription terms:
Committed subscription term - Typically 36 months for most

Which would be an additional $1600 for 2 years.

However...

After the subscription expires, can use the software that was available during the active subscription term (“perpetual” use rights) - Yes in most cases

Bottom line, So yeah... you were right... spendy... $2800 total.
Need to split that cost with 10 friends!

Thanks for looking that up. I was pulling that number from my (bad) memory.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 16:22 jdreyer

Pigeon wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 15:20:
Utilities argue that rules allowing private solar customers to sell excess power back to the grid at the retail price — a practice known as net metering — can be unfair to homeowners who do not want or cannot afford their own solar installations.

Unfair to other customers... uh huh. I'm going to hazard a guess and say any unfairness to the other customers is done by the power companies. They probably hike their rates to make up for perceived losses in profit from people not needing to use as much of their electricity and having to buy back electricity at their own rate.

Monopolies are fun! Wheeeeee!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 14:47 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 18:29:
GMDX 9.0 is out. Gentlemen its time to install Deus Ex again.

Deus Ex: Revision vs. GMDX 9.0, which is better?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 14:44 jdreyer

That first season of True Blood is so good, and Ellis was a big part of that. Heart failure at 39? That sucks. RIP.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 9, 2017, 14:19 jdreyer

Dentorro wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 13:53:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 13:16:
Wow, hitting between 250-350k and growing. https://steamdb.info/app/578080/graphs/
Speaks well for Early Access and a quality game.

Let's just hope that players are not tired of the game when the actual release is there, novelty will already be waring off by now, then again they already have people's money so why care.

PUBG 2, coming to early access in 2018!

News Comments > Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced
4. Re: Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced Jul 9, 2017, 14:15 jdreyer

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 12:44:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I tried to WARN you all. I hope your happy....... why dont you all buy another "SPECIAL" upgrade to your ship ????. Enjoy your an31 LEMMINGS!

Dude, please do us all a favor and take your meds.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 9, 2017, 13:56 jdreyer

wtf_man wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 11:02:
For home, you could get a MSDN subscription. (Now called Visual Studio Pro Subscription)

Going partners with some folks, and not renewing the subscription is pretty much how folks get around the expense... but you didn't hear that from me.

Also, one needs to realize that we had to pay an extra $180 per machine to upgrade to Enterprise LTSB. Machines from Dell and others only come with a Pro license.

LTSB has new "annual builds"... so that's how you get your 10 years from when you purchase. There already was a 2015 and 2016 build... the 2017 LTSB build will come out in the fall and would get security updates until 2027.
MSDN subscriptions are $4K. That's an awful lot to pay for a better version of Windows 10.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 9, 2017, 13:52 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 03:53:
El Pit wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 02:19:
There is a pattern behind the US presidencies: After 8 years of a total moron running everything into the ground, the US goes for 8 years with an actual thinking person. Followed by another 8 years of a rabid, fist shaking orangutan. In just 7 years, there will be another real homo sapiens trying to fix the previous 8 years.

Eh the pattern doesn't really hold. Reagan + Bush Sr was 12 years of the same stupid shit, and before that it falls apart completely.

That was back when the Southern Strategy was paying better dividends.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 02:26 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 01:09:
I just got out of Spider Man Homecoming.
I liked it better than Logan and I thought Logan was pretty damn good.

Two things that bug me is you never know if there is going to be a teaser or two at the end of a movie.
SMH has 2, one in the beginning of the colorized credits and one all the way at the end of the black & white scroll.
The other thing, SMH was so enjoyable there was never a moment I felt like it would have been a good time for a pee break. http://runpee.com/ used to be browser based but now it's an app and that's not happening.

I just don't drink during movies.

24. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 02:25 jdreyer

Orogogus wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 21:30:

You don't want kx to talk about his religion so much, but you can't leave it alone, either.

Seemed to me he was heading that rider off at the pass.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 8, 2017, 19:21 jdreyer

It's almost a shame that the sign wasn't there because the object would burn someone.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 14:44 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 13:40:
The antibiotics resistant strains of bacteria are likely going to wind up being a far more deadly problem than Global Warming...

I mean, don't get me wrong, Global Warming is terrifying, and it will affect everyone's lives (though more those of the next two generations.) But you can mitigate the effects somewhat.

Dying because of a simple infection, because there is no way to treat the infection, is straight back to the fucking Middle Ages. Better buy stock in leeches again. :\

They kind of go hand in hand, since increasing global temps will exacerbate the spread of said bacteria, as will secondary effects of GW: famine, massive population displacement, war, etc. And given what we know about microbiology, containing such outbreaks is a doable proposition even if 1000s die. Long term, GW is by far the greater threat due to its inevitable nature. How do you mitigate 140 degree summers in the entire southern USA? Loss of crop land from the heat and drought is a major cause of wars in Syria, Sudan, etc.

And all because fucking doctors kept proscribing the shit when people had a fucking flu, and because the damned agriculture industry kept feeding it to their livestock.

Livestock industry for sure, but the doctors are stuck. If you don't prescribe those antibiotics, and someone dies, you're sued or lose your license and that's the end. The system is poorly thought out.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 8, 2017, 00:45 jdreyer

No skunk? I heard they love pools.  

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 6, 2017, 19:24 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 18:24:
First, currently there is no information available publicly which would lead to an impeachment and then removal from office of Trump. It is not even close. Second, even if it did happened, Pence is worse. Sure, we'll no longer have the POTUS tweeting nonsense -- because he will be busy getting legislation passed which will make the Ds reflect fondly on the Trump administration. No matter what happens, US citizens are in for a world of pain even if 40% of them (the Trump supporters) don't realize it yet.
I agree Pence would be worse. And if he were impeached, it gets even worse with the Blu-ray Granny Starver, Paul Ryan.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 6, 2017, 19:20 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 18:12:
Well, there's the multiple treason counts, which could put a damper on his world domination.

No party has ever impeached a president of the same party. And the GOP show no signs of changing that. Trump is their useful idiot.

18861 Comments. 944 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo