Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Asus Z77 Motherboard P8Z77-V
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 2GB
16 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 10
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 27978 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 15, 2019, 01:39 jdreyer

Scientists pinpoint cause of harmful dendrites and whiskers in lithium batteries.

Bats?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gears 5 Quitters Risk Lengthy Bans
3. Re: Gears 5 Quitters Risk Lengthy Bans Oct 15, 2019, 01:33 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 23:19:
Can they detect whether someone's connection died during a multiplayer match? I suspect not.
When your connection "dies" 10 times in an evening when you're losing, but never when you're winning, well...

The other thing is I'm sure they're looking at patterns of quitting, not the occasional random disconnect.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

News Comments > Infinity Ward Not Working on Loot Boxes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
6. Re: Infinity Ward Not Working on Loot Boxes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Oct 14, 2019, 13:50 jdreyer

Wow, no lootboxes? Truly 2009 game design then.  

News Comments > blitzchung Speaks Out
13. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 13, 2019, 20:20 jdreyer

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 17:39:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 16:13:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 16:06:
El Pit wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 15:47:
He who pays the piper calls the tune.

So much about "freedom of speech".

Maybe you should actually read the First Amendment.

Constitutional freedom of speech doesn't apply to private corporations for the most part. The exceptions are for protected classes.
Of course, but we as a society are allowed to resist things that may technically be legal, but not in line with our collective morality. We are free to boycott any business that acts in a way that harms our basic freedoms.
Absolutely. I was just helping Jacob clarify to Mr. Pit.

12. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 13, 2019, 20:18 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 17:03:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 16:13:

Constitutional freedom of speech doesn't apply to private corporations for the most part. The exceptions are for protected classes.

Whilst true, it's also true that he who has the gold makes the rules. If you bite the hand that feeds you you can probably expect to stop being fed. He should tell Blizzard to go fuck themselves but then he's turning down a possible fortune for playing a video game. Unless you're already loaded walking away from that is a lot easier said than done. So you can't blame him for being cautious. It was good of him to mention the broadcasters and people should not forget about them and keep boycotting Blizzard for that if no other reason. Personally, I hope those two sue Blizzard for dismissal without cause and win a truck full of money.

Yup, I don't disagree with any of that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2019, 20:16 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 17:11:
I wonder how that little dog survived all this time.

Cats?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 13, 2019, 20:14 jdreyer

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 16:33:
Damn 10980XE is less then a grand too?

That's some serious bang for the buck.

7. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 13, 2019, 16:13 jdreyer

6. Re: blitzchung Speaks Out Oct 13, 2019, 16:11 jdreyer

SirKnight wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 13:25:
"In the future, I will be more careful on that and express my opinions or show my support to Hong Kong on my personal platforms."

I can't agree with this. This is just succumbing to political correctness. If someone is trying to spread a message of truth due to some injustice, then you should take advantage of ALL possible platforms to reach as many people as possible. Don't be afraid to speak the truth, even if it's hard for some to hear, that's their problem. Now that he did this, many more know about the situation that otherwise would not. The truth is appropriate everywhere.

Protesting shall only be permitted in the specified protest zone, which are located five miles from the venue next to the sewage processing facility. Proximity to said facility is strictly coincidental and not a statement on the value of protesting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2019, 15:50 jdreyer

This is why my roommates have to lock the door when they take a shower.

Fucking hilarious.

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties
61. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 15:41 jdreyer

Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 14:22:
So Quinn. Those 5 articles that Theyarecomingforyou posted. Nothing to say on those? Or were they all mistaken?

Said he'd read them later.

60. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 15:32 jdreyer

KS wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 07:31:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 17:04:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:01:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 13:54:
Imagine the uproar around here if he'd said Black Lives Matter.
No wait, that's kneeling in the nfl.

Muahhh I wouldn't give a fuck if he said that, or took a knee because you can do that kind of shit here in America.
Colin Kaepernick would like a word.

The difference is that blitzchung protested an issue based on reality; on things actually going on systematically in China and one can easily show the evidence. Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset. And for those prone to straw-man other people's arguments: I am not saying there is no police violence or that there's nothing of anything.

Pretty sure Colin is protesting a real issue.

It's not even a valid comparison. There's an infinite gulf between ejecting someone because they hurt your bottom line in a free land -- they have free speech, you have free speech, you take your chances -- and ejecting someone because they hurt your bottom line in a dictatorship that brooks no dissent.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. How are they different exactly? Both Colin and Blitz are protesting the poor treatment of minority groups. They're both doing it using the status granted them by their elite performance in high profile (e)sports industries. They both live in the free world. They were both unfairly blacklisted by the corporations. Colin won a multimillion dollar settlement from the NFL for being blacklisted.

59. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 13, 2019, 15:26 jdreyer

Flatline wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 05:13:
WaltC wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 16:20:
Blizzard really stepped in it. All Blizzard had to do was to say, as other companies do, "The personal opinions of Blizzard prizewinners do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Blizzard, Inc, its staff or employees," and leave it at that.

Except that's not sufficient for China. The NBA is in deep shit because some owner mouthed off over Hong Kong as well and now China is freaking the fuck out over that too.

Bliz/Activision did what it had to do to maintain it's business in China. It's craven and chickenshit, but let's not pretend that it's not the status quo.

Someone on NPR made the point that the way China is acting with regards to Blizzard and the NBA is actually a trade violation and needs to be handled as such.

50. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 10:24 jdreyer

Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 19:47:

There's a reason people like Sepharo "snip" quotes the way they do.

Readability?

News Comments > Princess Remedy 2: In A Heap of Trouble Free on Steam
1. Re: Princess Remedy 2: In A Heap of Trouble Free on Steam Oct 12, 2019, 19:56 jdreyer

Wow. '80s graphics.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program
10. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 19:12 jdreyer

System Shock 2  

19. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 12, 2019, 17:04 jdreyer

Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:01:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 13:54:
Imagine the uproar around here if he'd said Black Lives Matter.
No wait, that's kneeling in the nfl.

Muahhh I wouldn't give a fuck if he said that, or took a knee because you can do that kind of shit here in America.
Colin Kaepernick would like a word.

The difference is that blitzchung protested an issue based on reality; on things actually going on systematically in China and one can easily show the evidence. Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset. And for those prone to straw-man other people's arguments: I am not saying there is no police violence or that there's nothing of anything.

Pretty sure Colin is protesting a real issue.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 12, 2019, 14:19 jdreyer

I guess we'll see what happens, but not allowing UBO would result in a sizable chunk of users migrating to Firefox.  

News Comments > Pine Sprouts
1. Re: Pine Sprouts Oct 12, 2019, 14:11 jdreyer

This looks cool. It looks like something one person can play on the TV while others watch.

Also, I had pine sprouts in my salad yesterday.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program
1. Re: NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program Oct 12, 2019, 14:05 jdreyer

I would get an RTX card to be able to play a ray traced version of FTL. I hope they convert that one first.  

27978 Comments. 1399 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo