Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description IT Professional
Intel 3570K Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Asus Z77 Motherboard P8Z77-V
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 2GB
16 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 10
Homepage http://
Signed On October 9, 2004
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 25, 2020
Total Comments 29895 (Jedi)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

General Discussion > Humble Bundle give-aways by myself

4. Re: Humble Monthly Apr 2, 2020, 22:39  jdreyer 

Quinn wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 18:33:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 17:16:
Hey Quinn,

Thanks for the offer! If you haven't already claimed them, I'd be interested in:
Call of Duty: WW2 (Nov 2019)
Grip (Jan 2020)
Planet Alpha (Oct 2019)
Frost Punk (Feb 2020)

Thanks!

Of that selection I only have Grip for you which I e-mailed to you. Sadly I didn't have the Oct month because I paused or cancelled back then, before Humble gave a preview and all was a gamble. That was a good month...

Enjoy!
Hey, sweet. Thanks.

I figured some of them wouldn't be available, which is why I put a few. Been meaning to get Grip for a while, so this is perfect! And now that they've just released a VR mode, I'll have to give that a shot as well.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 17:18  jdreyer 

Shenzhen becomes first Chinese city to ban eating cat and dogs.

What about sloths, pangolins, and fruit bats?

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

General Discussion > Humble Bundle give-aways by myself

2. Humble Monthly Apr 2, 2020, 17:16  jdreyer 

Hey Quinn,

Thanks for the offer! If you haven't already claimed them, I'd be interested in:
Call of Duty: WW2 (Nov 2019)
Grip (Jan 2020)
Planet Alpha (Oct 2019)
Frost Punk (Feb 2020)

Thanks!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 16:42  jdreyer 

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:46:
I have to agree with the sentiments others have expressed about Tiger King. It is a show about trash humans just being trash. I couldn't make it through the first episode nor do I really wish to push forward through it.

I couldn't make it through more than 3 eps of Breaking Bad for the same reason.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 16:35  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:35:
NPR Fresh Air Covid19 podcast
Is Terry Gross still actively hosting? When I listened last year, there was someone different hosting.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 16:21  jdreyer 

It was the lowest-rated show on TV for three of its four seasons, and the second-lowest for the other one. The Wikipedia says this makes it "one of the lowest-rated shows in television history to be renewed through four seasons by its parent network."
Intelligent, clever, niche, and well-crafted TV is usually rates poorly. HBO (and Netflix, etc.) get around this by making these kinds of behind their paywall: just make that one show that appeals enough to get someone to shell out the $15/month: Barry, Silicon Valley, The Leftovers, etc.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2020, 16:09  jdreyer 

Frontier prepares for bankruptcy, regrets failure to install enough fiber.

Took government money to build infrastructure, then didn't build infrastructure. Maybe they should be nationalized.

News Comments > Morning Patches

1. Re: Morning Patches Apr 2, 2020, 15:45  jdreyer 

I'll buy Comanche if they add a VR option.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 15:34  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 10:11:
Engineer intentionally crashes train near hospital ship Mercy, believing in weird coronavirus conspiracy, feds say
The mentally ill are having a rough go of it during the Covid19 Pandemic. Be interesting to see how his union handles this little whoopsie.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 19:53:
afka Rossini wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 17:11:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 13:22:
The “Rick and Morty” trailer is supreme.
I can't wait. It looks like Snuffles Snowball is back. The question is, is it an April Fool's joke?
Holy fuck, if that's their idea of an April Fool's joke...
Better not be a joke because that would derail my freight train.
Too much Rush L and Alex J.

News Comments > Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses

27. Re: Report: Gearbox Staff Unhappy with Lower Than Expected Borderlands 3 Bonuses Apr 2, 2020, 15:31  jdreyer 

Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 13:58:
It actually doesn't sound like a bonus so much as a contractual revenue share. If your boss kept saying you had higher sales than ever before, you'd expect your revshare to be high.
Yeah, if employees are suspicious of shenanigans, they should sue and get a peek at the books in discovery. I'm sure a lawyer would take the case based on % a payout if the case looks reasonable.

News Comments > Terraria Sells 30 Million

23. Re: Terraria Sells 30 Million Apr 2, 2020, 15:23  jdreyer 

PHJF wrote on Apr 2, 2020, 09:55:
How about a FUCKIN SEQUEL!?!?!?!?!?!?

What would that even look like? Full 3D in UE4?

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2020, 15:20  jdreyer 

This Woman Accidentally Turned Herself Into A Potato For A Video Meeting And Couldn't Figure Out How To Fix It. I keep getting teammates who do that in-game.

I've turned into a potato since I started WFH two weeks ago.
I need to start working out again.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews

5. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 2, 2020, 07:38  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 18:21:
Even an unlocked $1400 S20 has unremovable Facebook app. Ah the joy.
I mean, they gotcha over a barrel. What you gonna do, buy Chinese?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

27. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 2, 2020, 07:37  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 18:38:
Twitter Requires Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Delete Post With ‘Misleading’ Coronavirus Claims
nuff said

Yup, but not fired like Trish Regan. Laura is a star, and a money maker, after all. All this shit is coordinated at the top. Trish's firing was just optics, not morality or ethics on Fox's part.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2020, 07:35  jdreyer 

NKD wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 01:29:
Who knew that letting thousands of people die was the key to increasing your approval rating?

Was listening to Nate Silver today. He mentioned that Trump's bump is pretty minor relative to other world leaders, and he doesn't expect it to sustain. The example he gave was how political parties always get a bump after their conventions, usually 6 points or so. So a bump of two points, while in a positive direction, is actually indicative of a problem.

News Comments > Vanguard Princess Online Released

4. Re: Vanguard Princess Online Released Apr 2, 2020, 07:31  jdreyer 

Blue wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 13:21:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 20:03:
Here, let me fix your blurb:

"their 2D fighting game featuring an all-female cast, because plot BEWBs and bikinis."
...and lolicon??? WTF?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Plot
Heh.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 2, 2020, 07:29  jdreyer 

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 22:50:
Err, if the ventilator is needed immediately wouldn't the person needing it be dead before Elon could ship one to the location?
I guess it depends on how long that person can hold their breath?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Officially Announced

8. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Officially Announced Apr 2, 2020, 07:29  jdreyer 

Retired wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 11:19:
Free or GTFO
Not sure why this should be free. They spent 1000s of hours remastering it.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2020, 07:28  jdreyer 

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 18:14:
First let me say I am generally supportive of workers against employers. Somewhere around 1983 I attempted (along with others) to unionize the grocery store I was working at. We lost the NLRB vote. That said, while I'm sure I don't know the complete story, what I have read/heard tends to make me think Amazon was not unreasonable in firing this guy. He was seemingly violating the kind of safety measures he was protesting for. Just because Amazon treats their workers badly generally, doesn't mean everything they do is wrong.

And just because politicians are clamoring for an investigation isn't much evidence of anything. Ask anyone from either side of the political street.
It's telling however, that Amazon's reputation is so bad that no one wants to take their side.

News Comments > 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned

23. Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 2, 2020, 06:22  jdreyer 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 16:12:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2020, 15:54:
Soon games like this will be streaming only. Then there won't be any way to do aimbots or wallhacks.

There will ALWAYS be hackers/aimbots, unless the companies completely control your PC/console/whatever device. Even then, there will be some end user hacks/physical mods.

It would certainly start to cut down on cheaters, but they will be around as long as a game is popular and online.

Aimbots and wallhacks work by interacting with the client code on the user's PC. When you stream a game, a la NVidia Now, there's no client code to interact with. It gives the publisher/developer complete control of the code. It also eliminates any modding of course.

29895 Comments. 1495 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >