Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 17875 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
45. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 00:19 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 00:02:
Only time will tell if Star Citizen or the Trump presidency were the largest con jobs of our generation...

(sorry, I couldn't resist -- feel free to ignore me)

Speaking of Trump, the ACA lives.

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 00:18 jdreyer

Bumpy wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 23:45:
Their string along marketing scheme seems so genius but I'm sure it's been done previously, just not in a digital environment.

Bernie Madoff?

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 23:28 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 18:55:
Is there an addon for Firefox, that hides your location? I.e. so we can watch youtube videos which are region blocked. Iirc, MafiaFire addon used to but is no longer working.

@robdot Afaik, the problem I see with what you posted is, everything in space is or becomes round. If what you said was true/accurate it wouldn't be possible for space to be flat and infinite, due to gravitational waves and centrifugal force, even galaxies.

Won't a VPN do that for you?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 22:58 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 20:20:
Can the orange twitter troll make it a whole year before there is Nixontrump vs U.S.
Beginning to look doubtful.

Great, then we end up with Pence. And if he's complicit and gets impeached, Ryan. Puke

Thing is Repubs these days put party before country, so they'll only impeach if they thing their election chances are affected by not impeaching.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2017, 22:56 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:11:
Without even looking, it had better be the Tardigrade.

*EDIT* It is.

Heh, that was my thought: "It's water bears, but let's see what dumb animal they choose for this clickbait title."

They actually got it right!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 24, 2017, 22:52 jdreyer

Say what you will, but the Ridiculous Six was awesome. Or at least that's what my kids told me.  

34. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 22:50 jdreyer

All of that being said, I am looking forward to plinking around in the 3.0 alpha when it's released. April?  

33. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 22:45 jdreyer

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 20:13:
For those keeping count, latest 7 months funding:

August 2016: $4,200,000.00
September 2016: $2,100,000.00
October 2016: $5,000,000.00
November 2016: $7,750,000.00
December 2016: $3,000,000.00
January 2017: $1,750,000.00
February 2017: $1,900,000.00

Yup, it's mind boggling. Not passing judgement, just unable to see things from that perspective.

32. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 22:44 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:56:
"We are kicking off the Year Five of the Star Citizen development subscriber program!"

That's $1,200 for Imperator; $600 for Centurion.

That's some balls CIG has. They shouldn't remind people, the least of which are the subscribers, how much money they've wasted on this over priced, overly hyped, far-from-complete, tech demo.

You're gonna...you're gonna regret saying that!

JUST LEAVE CHRIS ROBERTS ALONE!! Bigcry

31. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 22:41 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:10:
Look on the bright side; no matter how the actual game turns out, this whole experience will end up as a PhD level topic for some psychologist's case study. "Why did so many people continue to give money for no discernable return, for so long?"

That's what fascinates me.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 16:05 jdreyer

yonder wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:56:
When it comes to basketball, you aren't missing much by ignoring college hoops.

Wow, really? I always thought the NBA was slow and tired compared to the college game.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 16:03 jdreyer

Andromeda dev: We need to get some actors in so we can get a bunch of mo cap samples as the basis for our proc gen algorithm.

Dev manager: Since we waited to the end to do this, there's no time. Also, all the voice actors are on strike.
* pulls out sock puppet *
Just put some dots on this, put your hand in the sock, and mo cap it for the algorithm basis. Should be fine.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
19. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2017, 15:49 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:25:
However, they ran the WL3 campaign when neither Torment nor BT4 was out. Running a campaign when you still owe gamers one full game is bold but when you owe people two full games then it's a Ponzi scheme all the way because the system will probably collapse at some point.

Well, you don't want your designers sitting idle while the game is undergoing beta testing. Also, perhaps they have multiple teams?

News Comments > Outlast 2 Outlasts AU Ban
4. Re: Outlast 2 Outlasts AU Ban Mar 24, 2017, 14:45 jdreyer

NetHead wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:35:
Everything I've heard about the Australian censorship board genuinely seems like they're nothing but a bunch on a power trip.

There's no other explanation for their actions and attitude, this being another example of exactly that including the backtracking/flip-flop.

The explanation is:

Will no one think of the children!! Faint

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
5. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 24, 2017, 00:59 jdreyer

He'll "retire" for a year, then be back at it.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 13:53 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 12:49:
Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 12:14:
Personally I never understood the draw of walking through these huge stores. It's always a pain in the ass finding what you want and takes way too much time. I just want to get in and get out as fast as possible with minimum effort.
True if you don't know where what you need is. However, look at Fry's... freaking huge stores with nearly anything you'd ever want from an electronics store. Pain in the ass if you don't know where it is, but freaking great when you need that one thing NOW. So, there are pros and cons...
Electronic retailers piss me off the most by charging $20 for a $5 cable.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 13:51 jdreyer

The US has 23.5 square feet of retail space per person, compared with 16.4 square feet in Canada and 11.1 square feet in Australia, the next two countries with the most retail space per capita

Ah the gross excesses of America are just returning to earth then.

I hate shopping so I always try to buy online which lets me get exactly what I need quickly. I suppose the exception is clothing where I need to try stuff on. The list sort of bears that out as dedicated clothing retailers are closing the fewest stores. Not sure what is going on with Payless though. Maybe bad management?

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
4. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 22, 2017, 23:39 jdreyer

Linksil wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 21:31:
Why the HELL is armor popping out of people when you kill them?

Also looks like a bit of console auto aim going down.

I thought the armor thing was kind of cool. Do you scramble for a few extra points of armor, or do you move on for the next kill? Still, I can see most people ignoring the stuff. Quake isn't that kind of game.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
25. Re: GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta Mar 22, 2017, 23:13 jdreyer

To everyone complaining about not wanting another client: GOG Galaxy is completely optional. You can still install your DRM free copies of your GOG games directly from the website.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2017, 22:52 jdreyer

fishingtime wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 18:55:
meetings are a waste of everyone's time. if it takes you that long to get an idea across, you are the problem.

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 15:54:
If you're one person working on one person things, or something that's digestible parts, like many software consultants, sure, you can work remotely.

When you're in marketing, your days are probably 25%-90% meetings, depending on your level. If you're working from home, you aren't efficient. A few days a month, sure, so you can get away from those meetings, but in marketing you need to work with finance, with sales, with accounting, with strategy, with legal, etc. You cannot do that remotely.

If you're someone that works focused on one small thing, great. If you're someone responsible for, or in the chain responsible for, actually directing the company, it's awful.

I'm afraid I'll have to schedule a series of meetings for us to discuss your anti-meeting tendencies.

17875 Comments. 894 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo