Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Well this sucks.
Oct 7, 2004, 22:38
Well this sucks. Oct 7, 2004, 22:38
Oct 7, 2004, 22:38

Bah. Many of you are overlooking a unique game that barely even fits in the RTS genre because either...

A) It's real time and the Axis and Allies board game is turn based.

B) It's "Yet another RTS" (hint - no other RTS game besides Kohan features morale that causes units to break AND units you manage on the platoon rather than figure basis)

C) It's "Yet another WW2 game". Eh. WW2, Medieval Wars, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Ancient Wars will always be popular subjects for computer games as they are made and played by nerds, and these are popular subjects for nerds.

Just because the game has tanks and infantry doesn't mean the game plays like C&C. Play the tutorials, learn how the game is different from others, and stop assuming it plays like every other RTS.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 22:47.

Awesome is what it is
Oct 6, 2004, 10:42
Awesome is what it is Oct 6, 2004, 10:42
Oct 6, 2004, 10:42

It's like Kohan, except 3D, with better combined arms gameplay, and during WW2. This is a fun demo with multiplayer and single player skirmish.

My only problem with it is the engine runs somewhat slow, but oh well. Maybe it's my graphics setup, but if not, they had better optimize it a bit before releasing if they know what is good for their bank account and review scores.

Play the tutorials. The only game it's even remotely like is Kohan. It doesn't play like any other game except for that. I've played them all, and this Axis and Allies RTS isn't anything like Rise of Nations, C&C anything, or any of the Total War games. The gameplay and interface is totally different, so if you don't play the tutorials, you won't have a clue. This seems to be the state of all three people I've seen post here.

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older