Descending
Limit Results:

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Wish
Jan 10, 2005, 18:03
Re: Wish Jan 10, 2005, 18:03
Jan 10, 2005, 18:03

I have to say i think im the only 1 here who played this beta for a rather long time indeed, and its a tragic shame it has been cancelled, in my opinion it was one of the better ones, and alot better that what is coming.

Everyone has there opinions but i found this game far more enjoyable and alot more rewarding that EQ2 or WOW which are primary combat orientated, if your into bash bash bash lvl lv lvl new spells then Wish would not be your cup of tea, but if you prefferd the more original RPG elements much like UO(Goto Tree chop wood,take wood to carpenters,turn into lumber,craft item)then this game had no equal.
The crafting aspects of this game where excellent and very easy to get hold of and not complecated for the newbie, and the rewards you got for crafting your own custom itme for the world to see was just fantastic, people that know my chachter would of prbably used one of my custom made target practices for people to use to improve there bow technique ok your saying so what, but what other game allows you to make a custom item like this which is diffrent and unique to the crafter, none.

Ok i like crafting, but when you finished with that for abit you could go of and hunt with the team kill a few frost cats, then the hunter would skin the cat take its fur,hide,steak,then lumberjack would make a fire, and the cook would cook the meat from the cat and hand it around, cause you had to eat int this world or you starve. OMG i actually serve a purpose in this world instead of grind grind grind.

I could go on and on about its very great features and new ideas it featured, but when youve been playing EQ for yrs you dont know any better.

Although i loved the game it had its problems, the lag was crazy, but only in built up areas in towns which is normal.
Also because it had no Zones or Shards and was a 100% unique free rolling world, if think this is where the problem was, it seemed to me the servers had a problem keeping up with the pace of the game, and this caused some erratic problems with warping in areas and streaming the world to you. I aint technical so i dont know what it was but it just wasent seemless, if they had zones then maybe the problems would of been there, but by this time it was to late to start over and pulled the plug ala Dragon Empires.

Well ive taken up to much of your time, just thought i would say something to all the people that never played it and bashed it, and to all the jerks who played it for 10mins and left.

It was a sad day when they cancelled Wish, cause they didnt just cancel a game they cancelled a whole new way of play a MMORPG. what a SHITE that is.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 18:04.

Re: Uh-oh...
Nov 16, 2004, 22:42
Re: Uh-oh... Nov 16, 2004, 22:42
Nov 16, 2004, 22:42

Yeah "most users" was a wrong choice of word, but more than you would expect heres a thread on halfLife2.net only been up 2 hrs has had 80 posts and 4000+ hits.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51480

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 22:44.

Re: Uh-oh...
Nov 16, 2004, 22:12
Re: Uh-oh... Nov 16, 2004, 22:12
Nov 16, 2004, 22:12

Yeah great, now they need to fix another problem and thats the sound bug, which makes the game unplayable for most people.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 22:13.

FU!
Sep 24, 2004, 20:12
FU! Sep 24, 2004, 20:12
Sep 24, 2004, 20:12

Posted edited due to some crazy monkey language,
and Bittorrnet links to HL2 funkaramma bananarama.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 20:19.
4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older