Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mikepiet

Real Name mikepiet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname maddog
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 21, 2004, 16:08
Total Comments 199 (Novice)
User ID 21885

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
7. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 27, 2018, 00:27 maddog

I might be in the minority but I love, and still play Ut3. Love the vehicles and combat. I will sometimes play in a LAN at work or against bots at home and have a great time.

Wish they would do more of that and give us Battlefield like maps (large scale) but in the UT world.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
35. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 12:03 maddog

I think we need some Foxworthy jokes to explain this...

When you fled so the other tribe wouldn't eat you, it might be a shithole.

When beer is illegal but boys are not, it might be a shithole.

When the only white men you've ever seen wear light blue helmets, it might be a shithole.

When toilet paper counts as an invention, it might be a shithole.

When your toilet is the ditch in your street, it might be a shithole.

When you have to walk 3 miles just to get a bucket of clean water, it might be a shithole.

When the local hospital has to re-use the needles on its syringes, it might be a shithole.

When the only school in your entire city is a Massadrah, it might be a shithole.

News Comments > DUSK Early Access
2. Re: DUSK Early Access Jan 11, 2018, 12:08 maddog

that trailer gave me a seizure  

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced
4. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Announced Jan 11, 2018, 00:00 maddog

I haven't played or really much enjoyed a TW game since the first Rome. I've purchased plenty but they were all too complicated for my simplistic gaming preference.

I really wish more military\strategy games were like World in Conflict where I just handled units and not have to worry about cities and buildings and politics etc etc.

News Comments > GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming PC Beta
8. Re: GeForce NOW Cloud Gaming PC Beta Jan 8, 2018, 22:58 maddog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:09:
Why would I want to stream the games I already own if I can just play them on my PC?

whether you want to use GeForce NOW to continue gaming while away from your primary PC, to play the latest titles on a decade-old system thatís below minimum system requirements of new games, or to play PC games on a Mac

News Comments > Cloud Gaming Returns
19. Re: Cloud Gaming Returns Jan 4, 2018, 16:30 maddog

Anyone here remember GameTap? It was a great service before it was sold, then sold again, then sold again and put out of business.

You had an excellent selection of retro games, old PC games, and even some new stuff mixed in.

I think I paid about 5$ a month and used it a lot. I know I could just download the old retro games but GameTap made it so much easier.

All the games I could play for one low monthly price. I signed up for the Origin "all you can eat" game service a couple months ago and it just hasn't done it for me. The older games are there so perhaps I need to take another look.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
8. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 23:46 maddog

Thanks for the info!

Rilcon wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 16:38:
maddog wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 15:40:
Is this too difficult for SP only? Seems like they really want you to play COOP.

Can you add ai bot team players ala L4D?

No bots. Difficulty scales fairly well with number of players, so a starting player at Normal difficulty should have a fun time, not too easy, not too hard or frustrating. Can scale how long the matches are, as well (it's just horde mode with waves and a final boss, though some maps have mini objectives). Add more players and waves get more mooks, and mooks get more HP.

Playing solo is still a lot of fun, the game is fairly "tight", and I find it's a great stress reliever. Certainly worth the download and trial unless you have a really crappy bw cap.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 15:40 maddog

Is this too difficult for SP only? Seems like they really want you to play COOP.

Can you add ai bot team players ala L4D?

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
8. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 25, 2017, 00:02 maddog

Question....Can I play this singleplayer or do I have to play multiplayer with people running around trying to kill me?  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 10, 2017, 23:54 maddog

I am enjoying the game and playing solo. I had to give it a second look though. Played it when the demo came out and was not impressed. I guess now that I have good gear, I am enjoying it more.

It's really scratched my itch for open world warfare since I could not get into ARMA and Argo let me down.

I really wish the Sniper Elite games were more this "open" vs just being big levels.

Never the less, I hope they do something cool in a sequel or spinoff. Vietnam or WW2 with this engine would be cool.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month
2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII PC Multiplayer Beta This Month Sep 14, 2017, 23:36 maddog

Slick wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 22:38:
..... oh I just woke up. Is it the same tripe? probably... back to sleep... zzzzz

For the most popular FPS franchise of all time (at least as far as sales are concerned... i think) they certainly seem keen to keep the bar as low as possible.

Still based on a mutilated fork from the Quake 3 engine? probably.

How many billions has this franchise made? Think they could throw a few mil on some engine builders? NAHHHHHHHHHHH

/rant

News Comments > Strike Vector EX Takes Off
2. Re: Strike Vector EX Takes Off Jul 20, 2017, 15:28 maddog

Well, it has AI bots so I am give it a go.

I really wish that Shattered Horizon game made a comeback or at least SH 2 was made. Sorry, off topic

News Comments > Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?
14. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 30, 2017, 12:24 maddog

I really don't care about SP campaign. I just want the MP modes to support bots so I can play with a few buddies on LAN.

*not holding breath

News Comments > WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update
11. Re: WARFRAME Boasts 30M Users; Adding Content and Graphics Update Jun 28, 2017, 16:21 maddog

Thank God. Thought I was the only one who felt this way. I will play this when I am done screwing around in Just Cause 3 but for all intents and purposes, I am pretty much done with it.

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 10:22:
This game is fucking confusing. I can't seem to really get into it. It's a weird kind of game that I've never played before. I've had this game on my PC for a couple of years at least, and I go back to it every so often, but it still never really makes sense to me, and I'm not even sure if I like it or not... I can't describe it. :/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Standalone Coming
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 19:07 maddog

My buddies and I played a TON of this at work. We used the PezBot mod and had a great time with it.  

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Detailed
4. Re: Hunt: Showdown Detailed Jun 19, 2017, 18:45 maddog

It is but after reading some reviews on here and around the web, I decided to skip it. Perhaps it's been polished up a bit since it launched. Thanks for reminding me, I may take a look again at it.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 16:25:
maddog wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 12:02:
Been looking for something to scratch my L4D itch. Looks like this won't be it.

I didn't play it, but wasn't Vermintide a rip-off of L4D? I've heard some good things about it.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Detailed
2. Re: Hunt: Showdown Detailed Jun 19, 2017, 12:02 maddog

Been looking for something to scratch my L4D itch. Looks like this won't be it.  

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
4. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 00:10 maddog

Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 22:26:
I LOVED the first one. It ticked all my boxes for an open-world survival Zombapocalypse game.

I feel exactly the same way. Some stuff annoyed me but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit. I wish they went more into cities with this one but I will be sure to pick it up.

I tried 7 Days to Die and thought that was just miserable.

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
5. Re: Need for Speed Payback Announced Jun 2, 2017, 11:52 maddog

I'd rather just play Just Cause 3. It's pretty fun getting dozens of the military guys and a couple helo's chasing you.  

News Comments > Prey Released
6. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 12:15 maddog

I'm 42, still trying to finish the new Doom. Dozey

VaranDragon wrote on May 5, 2017, 11:40:
I wish I had the money, and the time to check out these releases. I skipped Dishonored 2. It just seemed more of the same. This looks much more interesting TBH, however Real Life gets in the way.

I don't know how you people manage to do it. The older I get, the less time I have to devote to gaming. I still do game, but I find that I'm concentrating my gaming time on just one "game" at a time.

199 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo