Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mikepiet

Real Name mikepiet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname maddog
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 21, 2004, 16:08
Total Comments 192 (Novice)
User ID 21885

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 maddog

The time is 8am pac time, will unlock from Steam in 1 hour. Looks like I'll have to take a sick day.

MD

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OnLive On, Live
34. Re: But they're smart chimpanzees. Jun 19, 2010, 15:02 maddog

Right. I see more and more games coming out for consoles and not PC's and this really makes me sad being a lifetime PC gamer since the days of Zork.

If this is a service that will bring games to me that would have otherwise been on console only (killzone, Gears of Wars, Halo etc etc) and I can play with a keyboard\mouse , then great!!

MD

25. Re: OnLive On, Live Jun 19, 2010, 02:11 maddog

Yup, posted the same info over at VE3d. The kids wanted feedback so I left it. Sorry. Going back to playing my free Just Cause 2.

MP

22. Re: OnLive On, Live Jun 19, 2010, 00:35 maddog

I am a pre-registered user. Downloaded and installed the client, no problem, choose my free game, Just Cause 2, applied my coupon code. Free game!

Game started playing in under 10 seconds. AWESOME.

Looks fine for me on my 23 inch Samsung. JC2 ran without issues or lag.

I am in San Diego CA running standard Cox cable internet.

Sorry to you who think the service is a joke. For me, I like being able to run a game without worrying about drivers, CPU speed, Windows version etc etc.

I find the merging of consoles and PCs to be a welcome one.

MP

News Comments > ARMA II Demo
45. Re: ARMA II Demo Jun 25, 2009, 22:24 maddog

The 1950's sounding robot for the commander was driving me crazy. Did anyone else have the enemy targets run to the ocean, jump in then try to swim to the island? Bizarre.

MP

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2 Europe
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2 Europe Jun 12, 2009, 12:31 maddog

Is this a better game on the whole versus their Wings over Europe:Cold War turned Hot?

I can't tell from the website but do either product contain a quick mission generator? That's the one thing that keeps pulling me into Janes Fighters Anthology is the amazingly simple quick mission generator.

Thank you gentlemen.

MP

News Comments > East India Company Next Month
1. Re: East India Company Next Month Jun 4, 2009, 13:46 maddog

Can't wait for this. I loved High Seas Trader back in the 90's and this looks like a similar concept. I want trading, pirates and naval combat without all the city building and management.

Hope it gets good reviews.

News Comments > Donate Games
3. Re: Donate Games Feb 27, 2009, 12:00 maddog

Hope they can do PC games as well. I'd love to pick up some older titles and know that the money is going to a good cause and not GameStop.

PCLL

News Comments > Battlefield Update Plans
15. Re: Battlefield Update Plans Dec 18, 2008, 13:14 maddog

Loving the AIX mod as well. Check it out here to play BF2 the way it should have been from the start. The enhanced bot AI is amazing.

http://aixtended.com/

PCLL

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Early Access Today
53. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 15:29 maddog

Similar to what Mechanik (sorry for spelling) outlined below, great summary btw, I wish ammo was hard to come by. I don't like that the pistol has unlimited ammo. I wish that ammo was in boxes and such and hidden around the map. There are lots of little areas to explore, closets, rooms, bathrooms etc that they could hide ammo in and make it worthwhile to explore more.

I wish there melee weapons like baseball bats, crowbars and even the occasional chainsaw. Would make it nice to balance out the loss of ammo for one of your weapons.

PCLL

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Early Access Today
32. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 12:20 maddog

Really enjoying the demo. Everyone is hovering around my PC at work as I blast zombies. Fast pace and furious fun. Normal level seems fairly easy.

No crashes at all but I have only played SP. Looking forward to some coop LAN action.

PCLL

News Comments > ET:QW Patch Plans
4. Re: No subject Dec 12, 2007, 13:39 maddog

Hmm, not really seeing that. I dumped BF2 for QW and love every minute of it.

It's even better when a buddy and I want to play some LAN coop against some bots.

PCLL

News Comments > Crysis Patch Within Two Weeks
6. No subject Nov 16, 2007, 12:52 maddog

Nice to hear the team is working on a patch and actively working with Nvidia to increase performance.

I wish we could get COOP with this patch or perhaps MP bots but I realize that is moot by now.

All in all, I have been very happy with Crytek and this release. Too bad I can't say the same about Epic and their seemingly disastrous Gears of War release.

MD

News Comments > Gold - Shadowgrounds Survivor
13. What Hellgate should've been... Nov 9, 2007, 01:37 maddog

This is what hellgate should have been like. Fast moving, sorta like Diablo, sorta like a FPS. Fast and furious.

PCLL

News Comments > Hellgate Billing Issues
18. Re: D'Oh! Nov 8, 2007, 01:51 maddog

"at least before the Anti Gears of War for windows media frenzy ramps up"

Ha ha, ain't it the truth. Today has been a nightmare for the GoW release on PC. I was going to pick it up but the Epic forums look like the 2K fourms after their activation debacle. It's an absolute clusterF and there's not a dev or PR person in sight to shed light on the problem. To be fair, the problem looks to be more GFW than GoW.

Let's hope Epic's UT3 release next week goes ALOT smoother.

MP

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty 4
43. Re: MMM Crysis.. Nov 6, 2007, 20:11 maddog

Jess,

Thanks man! I will check out the Crymod site and try to find it. I been lurking there for a few days now just trying to follow the coop process.

One last question, what gamemode were you playing with those AI guys on that MP level?

Thanks again! Just about 1 week until Crysis. Nice to see new SP maps being released already.

PCLL

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty 4
39. Re: MMM Crysis.. Nov 6, 2007, 18:57 maddog

Joss, I know it's off topic but I am intrigued by you were able to get AI into the Crysis multiplayer levels. I've been trying and looking everyone on how it can be done.

Can you do me a favor and perhaps shoot me a PM on how to do it, or where I can find out how to do it?

Thanks,

PCLL

News Comments > New ForceWare Drivers
6. Re: Forceware Sep 1, 2006, 14:56 maddog

Damn Paulp, why don't you take that anger and join the marines or something. I heard they need bodies (triggerpullers)

Who knows, you might be knocked off and help the US gene pool along the way.

MP

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Beta Patch
6. Initial thoughts... Jul 5, 2006, 18:43 maddog

The reports from the forums at totalbf2 are mixed. No reports of bad crashing or instabilities. The new map looks pretty nice. It's an urban style map with comparisons to Karkland sure to take place.

The fix list looks good but fails to mention some bot AI problems that have been found in the 1.3 AI.DLL. Hopefully that has been worked out.

The readme also has a very helpful how-to on how to make a copy of your BF2 install and patch only that copy and not your main game. Thats a nice touch.

DICE has taken so much well deserved flak lately that I believe this to be a very good move.

MP

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
47. Re: Bots etc Nov 21, 2005, 22:23 maddog

Nin,

I have read over at "Battlefield SinglePlayer" that the DICE team is to release the AI tools after the release of this expansion.

That was from one of the Forgotten Hope mod guys. My buddies and I like LAN play against bots when we have free time at work so hopefully this is true.

You might have already tried it but the WCC Coop\SP mod, found over at wccsquad.com is pretty nice. They are set to release a new version this week that has a Comanche and Little Bird helo's. As well as some new land vehicles.

MP

192 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo