Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mikepiet

Real Name mikepiet   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname maddog
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 21, 2004, 16:08
Total Comments 143 (Novice)
User ID 21885

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Released
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Released Nov 18, 2016, 13:27 maddog

So many cool looking games coming out right now....This one, Watch Dogs 2, Shadow Warrior 2, Dishonored 2...the list is long.

Crud, still trying to finish Just Cause 3 now that I have a machine that can run it.

Hope this will quench my Left 4 Dead thirst since I don't foresee L4D3 coming out any time soon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
27. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 15:58 maddog

Thanks! Renegade-X looks right up my alley!

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 04:45:
maddog wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 18:19:
Yeah, heard it was okay. Nah, I was looking for just bots to play in MP modes. Similar to what I do with BF2 etc etc. Or even just play against some bots with my buddies on LAN.

Sadly, those bygone days look to be long gone. Although the COD devs keep getting bots in their games. Wish other devs would follow suit.

Get off my lawn!

For shooters with MP bots, I suggest Toxikk (free shareware version on Steam, full game $15) or Renegade-X, a free modern version of the old C & C Renegade. Both are free, so what do you have to lose?

17. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 18:19 maddog

Yeah, heard it was okay. Nah, I was looking for just bots to play in MP modes. Similar to what I do with BF2 etc etc. Or even just play against some bots with my buddies on LAN.

Sadly, those bygone days look to be long gone. Although the COD devs keep getting bots in their games. Wish other devs would follow suit.

Get off my lawn!

JoeNapalm wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 15:21:
maddog wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:59:
No bots, no purchase. I know I know. I am a grumpy old man that likes to play solo in his freetime.

They did add them to Battlefront so perhaps there is hope they will come to BF1.

There's a campaign, grumpy old man.

Of course, this isn't a "performance patch" so they STILL haven't addressed the crash bug mentioned above. By the time they fix it, I won't even care anymore.

-Jn-

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 12:59 maddog

No bots, no purchase. I know I know. I am a grumpy old man that likes to play solo in his freetime.

They did add them to Battlefront so perhaps there is hope they will come to BF1.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
13. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 4, 2016, 14:47 maddog

Thanks nin, that would be great if they get in. I just checked https://www.reddit.com/r/Cod4Remastered/ and I did not see anything regarding AI bots.

But I did find this so I might be picking it up https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/782973732524552192

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:39:
maddog wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:34:
Well, doubtful that the devs would take the time to add ai bots to remastered mp.

The offline AI bot community had to use the pretty good mod "Pezbot" so hopefully that mod will work with this as well.

Ventura wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 10:42:
Anyone got it (and MW Remastered)? If so, any good? Mainly interested in single player content, so the campaign and ability to play private matches with bots

It sounds like both IW and MWR both support offline bots. According to reddit, anyway. People were using bots in MWR earlier...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
11. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 4, 2016, 14:34 maddog

Well, doubtful that the devs would take the time to add ai bots to remastered mp.

The offline AI bot community had to use the pretty good mod "Pezbot" so hopefully that mod will work with this as well.

Ventura wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 10:42:
Anyone got it (and MW Remastered)? If so, any good? Mainly interested in single player content, so the campaign and ability to play private matches with bots

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 26, 2016, 18:03 maddog

BINGO.

If it wasn't for gaming, I would be using a Chrome PC or Mac. I am really considering just getting a PS4 with the XIM4 thingy.

ItBurn wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 11:37:
Whatever Microsoft is doing, you can be sure it's not in the interest of users.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Stealth Video
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Stealth Video Oct 4, 2016, 00:06 maddog

I kinda wish the Crysis games would get a reboot. Always had a great time with their AI and tackling missions with either stealth or firepower.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
26. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 28, 2016, 16:00 maddog

I like playing against bots because I am just not that good at MP games. I am on the good side of 40 and while I use to LOVE playing the BF42 mod Desert Combat on the "Don't Camp" server, I just don't have the time any more.

I want to get in, mess around and get out. I feel I would do the other MP players a disservice if I actually joined their server.

And sometimes I play with new players who may be even newer to the game than I, so an offline coop mode with bots filling the server is a great way to have a good time.

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 17:22 maddog

Glad to hear that people are still enjoying the AIX mod. I was responsible for the AI navmeshes for a handful of maps.

Was a really fun time working on maps. Hard, but fun. Wish DICE would release mod tools but I think those days are looooonnggggg gone.

What is sad really is that despite all the programming talent at DICE, they can't (or perhaps refuse) to get bots working on the frostbite engine. Some old statements from them indicated that bots navigating the deform-able terrain was why they killed offline play.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:11:
maddog wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 15:18:
So canned missions?!?!

No true offline\coop mode against AI? Ugh.

@Jdreyer - Thanks. Checking that out now.

I was playing AIX 2.0 mod for BF2 last night. Man, I would love a version of that in Frostbite. I was thinking about what made it so much fun. Yes, it's got that classic BF gameplay, but also there's a puzzle element to it: what and how do I make a difference such that we capture enough control points to win the game? Is it better for me to take to the skies in an A-10 and knock out armor so that my AI has an easier time capturing control points? Or should I lone wolf it to the enemy airbase, capture it, and deny the enemy air assets for a few minutes (until they roll up in a tank, kill me, and recapture it).
I like that combination of tactical thinking combined with action game play. And so many toys in that mod.

2. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 15:18 maddog

So canned missions?!?!

No true offline\coop mode against AI? Ugh.

@Jdreyer - Thanks. Checking that out now.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns
9. Re: Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns Sep 16, 2016, 12:33 maddog

I've loved all the previous R6 games. I still play Vegas 1 ad 2. I tried this once during a free weekend and it was just atrociously hard to play solo.

Maniac wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 12:00:
Ah, check Terrorist Hunt, that is the bot killing part of the game. Either solo or with others.

And then it's either casual with others or ranked gaming.

NPC hunting is p2p with one of the players hosting and Casual/Ranked is running via dedicated servers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 18:28 maddog

UPS and USPS are the ones who should be worried. FedEx's niche is overnight. They own the overnight space.

With the proliferation of Amazon distribution centers, more and more Amazon trucks will be on the road.

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Adds Content
1. Re: Umbrella Corps Adds Content Aug 19, 2016, 12:15 maddog

It's amazing to me that despite all these zombie games that have come and gone, none can hold a candle to the Left 4 Dead series.

Not sure if that's a testament to the games simplicity or the game devs but after trying them all, I still fire up L4D2 at least once a week.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization
9. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Character & Weapon Customization Aug 18, 2016, 12:33 maddog

I dunno, I am not that down on it yet. I LOVED Future Soldier. Have replayed it a couple times.

The weapon customization in that game was cool but hated having to unlock everything.

I could really care less about player customization.

But if this is just Future Soldier with wide open maps, I will surely be purchasing this one.

News Comments > Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Reveals Zombies in Spaceland
1. Re: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Reveals Zombies in Spaceland Aug 17, 2016, 01:32 maddog

These DLC add in zombie modes are getting tiresome for COD.

Why not just make a complete game? Clearly you can do it with your engine. Wouldn't be hard to do a Left 4 Dead rip off with coop.

I would buy that before I buy another COD game.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Update Online
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Update Online Jul 21, 2016, 14:07 maddog

"Play Walker Assault or Fighter Squadron against AI bots together with a friend in online co-op". Can I play skirmish mode against bots as well? The link above only says "for all players"

But I thought it was sp only on PC and split screen only on console?

This would indicate that I can play with a buddy, on PC, against bots.

Can anyone confirm?

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2016, 14:13.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 16:00 maddog

So someone help me out here...this new mode is sp only against bots and can be played in Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron.

Are these game modes not available in "mp" mode where I can simply play with a buddy (say on a local LAN) against bots?

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
5. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 15:18 maddog

Beyond solitaire, I am not a fan of the mobile gaming experience.

There was the cool AC-130 game where you blasted zombies but haven't played it in years.

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
14. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:34 maddog

Could someone help me out...

Is this game like Left 4 Dead but with aliens?

At the end of each level there is a boss fight?

Can I play solo with AI teammates?

Thanks!

143 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo