Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jer Romero

Real Name Jer Romero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname EndoSkull
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.filmgrit.com
Signed On Sep 17, 2004, 22:04
Total Comments 200 (Novice)
User ID 21848

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Aug 21, 2016, 15:38 EndoSkull

It's actually a bit less than the videos made it out to be. More like smoke and mirrors even for the space battles, wild life, and exploration.

I didn't buy into the hype but I did think it was going to meet exploration objectives - at least for 60 bucks...

Heltorne wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:33:
I've accumulated about 5 to 10 minutes of watching videos about No Man's Sky in the last couple of years (Late Night with Colbert..etc..) and it was clear what the game was going to be. Now that it's out it's exactly what I thought it was going to be and right with what the developers said would be released. I'm baffled daily as I see all the people who have hyped themselves up, watched all the gameplay footage they could find, and kept up with this game for the last couple of years go on about how there is no story and it's not what they thought it would be. The non stop negativity is confusing yet mildy entertaining I admit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Aug 21, 2016, 15:32 EndoSkull

Oh man you just spoiled my only reason for "trying" to keep playing...

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 15:04:
Improving features, like multiplayer?

Btw path of the Atlas was a major disappointment besides getting a ton of words, and having black holes marked on the map

News Comments > Sunday Patches
7. Playing on day 3.... Aug 15, 2016, 05:30 EndoSkull

Day 3
--------------
Now about 20 hours in. After going back to the original planet after warping to the next system - I found out that my starting planet had shelters that had drop pods (not sure if all players start with drop pods on their starting planet?) anyway the point is the drop pods have exosuit slot upgrades - I spend hours going frop drop pod to drop pod upgrading the exosuit - it now has 24 slots - this is where the game started to get fun - I could walk miles from the ship and mine - return to the ship and cash in at a base. This lead to a 23 slot ship as well and now the game is more fun to explore...

After warping 2x it appears the game starts to ramp up attacks in space.... Combat end results depend on your ship upgrades and a little less of a skill dog fight.

For the most part the game has settled into exploration for profit. What remains is a feeling of missing interactions with aliens - there are no voice dialogs or taunts from pirates. There are no pirates on the surface. The captiol ships cleverly arrive when you warp in but don't appear to move or be on a mission. Wild life doesn't appear to do much but walk around - attack you or poop for you if you feed them. They feel very static and don't appear to have a living agenda to eat, drink or attack each other - that I have seen.

Things that bug me (that should have been added at a minimum at launch)
- Icons on the planets don't state if you've visited them - seems obvious that locations icons displayed should let you know if you've been there.
- Not any clear way to target a landing pad - sometimes i get lucky and white crosshairs will appear - but on most bases with a single pad none come up to land you on it so you can save gas on launch
- the radar on your ship always remains on planet mode when on the surface - seems like it would switch to land object scanning and display points of interest or large resources
- This may be in the game somewhere - but there is no way I know of to see a list of resources on a planet visited - seems like notes would be made as to what resources mainly appear on the planet (Example I found a planet full of gold)
- (R) key doesn't work except on the grenades - you would think you could at least assign slots on the mining tool a set of resources to reload with - same for ship weapons
- the map does not make it easy to backtrack your path and for some reason (x) key does a scan on the galaxy map
- exosuit / lifesupport - no hot keys that i know of to reload - again seems like there should be slots you can assign resources to that should be used to reload these
- While it's open ended there are assignments the game gives you - i haven't found a way to just show "current tasks"
- Naming stuff is kind of pointless - might have been better if everything was labeled "unknown" so you felt obligated to name it rather than rename things
- Things only show if you discovered them if you use your scanner - seems like the game should cache discovered animals and plant life - so when you look at them they have a name (since a lot of things look alike you can't tell if you already discovered them
- crafting sucks - you need a slot free to craft an item - seems like a crafting slot would have been nice
- crafted items do not stack - this sucks at least a stack of 10 warp cells would have been nice
- when swapping ships you can't unload warp cells
- when swapping ships you get no discount for the value of your ship - talk about getting ripped off - same with mining tool swaps.
- since they have a database of ship parts - seems like there should have been a shipyard to design your ship (i'm guessing they ran out of time for such a feature)
- buying ships in general is strange - seems like there would be a shipyard just for ships to be sold as well as the buy from alien feature currently in the game
- i'm sure there are more things i forgot about that i have learned to live with...

Anyway those thing I just listed seem to me should have been in the game at launch - it feels like they didn't have anyone playtest this until a month before launch - these are relatively little features that would have made playing less painful.

News Comments > Overwatch Season 1 Ends Soon
1. Rank is so broken.... Aug 5, 2016, 19:23 EndoSkull

The whole ranking system is a joke.
Unless you play with a team of people you know - the whole ranking system is frustrating.

News Comments > Postal Redux This Spring
3. It Still Looks Like Ass Feb 24, 2016, 21:12 EndoSkull

Hmmmmm I think they should have just released the original again - Since this looks like ass for being updated - Guess the effort went into importing old assets into a new engine - not updating old assets.  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Free DLC
1. Blinker was working I think Feb 15, 2016, 20:03 EndoSkull

I think the right on the red turns was only fining you if you didn't use your blinker. At least for me it seems I was making right turns for free as long as i had my blinker on.
Or i'm crazy...

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
5. FREE FOR A REASON Feb 2, 2016, 22:16 EndoSkull

It's junk. Play around for 5mins - multiplayer not fun at all even trying to play with my boy - no cops or cop vs racer
WTF? Right?!

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 20:46:
Is this game worth a damn for free? Or should i not waste my time?...just wondered....

News Comments > Battalion 1944 Announced
3. They Did A Prelaunch Feb 2, 2016, 10:45 EndoSkull

They did a pre-launch - Where they took feedback.
Obviously they ignored it.

They changed nothing about their kickstarter - I told them I'm not giving them money if all they are pitching is "we can make a new wwii game pretty"

That's pretty much 80% of their pitch video.

Good luck - you'll get nothing from me with that pitch. You're bringing nothing new to the table but "pretty"

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No not really... Jan 25, 2016, 23:16 EndoSkull

Actually I thought the use of Queen for Suicide Squad sucked.
Queen is amazing but not in the context of a freaking trailer for Suicide Squad....

Ooof just Awful...

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Jan 19, 2016, 21:54 EndoSkull

I can't stand Anita's videos - she has no clue how to make a balanced argument.

Since you're posting her crap blue - might as well post American's crap too..

https://www.facebook.com/americanmcgee/posts/10153422645582075

News Comments > Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
44. I'm sure this was already said....but... Dec 11, 2015, 15:53 EndoSkull

Where is the MOD that makes the game fun?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. My 5 year old knows better Dec 7, 2015, 22:39 EndoSkull

We watched all 6 movies.
I didn't say or comment on anything.

When they were done - I asked which ones did you like?

"The ones with Han Solo"

From the mouth of a 5 year old comes the truth.

Nuff said.

News Comments > Squad Early Access Next Month
8. Limited Players Nov 21, 2015, 18:20 EndoSkull

The graphics are fine.
There is currently a very finite group of players and almost every game has been fun.

The game is very much about team work. You usually don't see what killed you. Death comes quick. It's not Cod game play or battlefield game play.

Arma is pretty close - but currently because it's limited to infantry it plays very different from Arma.

It's not an easy game - it can be frustrating if you don't play with your squad.

Graphic Whores aren't going to like it. Lone wolves aren't going to like it. CoD players aren't going to like it.

I like it - I think it's a nice change and people get into working together as much as some of the Arma hardcore do.

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 15:55:
So I went to the main site to find videos on the game, because I want a larger scale FPS.. not like Planetside, but larger than BF4..so I was hyped.

I couldnt find any videos on the main page, there's no "media" link with good promo vids.. now I know why. I went to their forums to a video subsection, to user posted videos.. and the game looks like it's 10yrs old, with 20yr old animations.

Will anyone ever make a larger scale slightly future
ish FPS at all.. ugh.

News Comments > Squad Early Access Next Month
3. Good Game Nov 21, 2015, 15:13 EndoSkull

It's been fun playing the Alpha.

It's not for CoD players though - I think even Battlefield Players will have trouble playing (maybe not the snipers).

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Nov 17, 2015, 11:43 EndoSkull

Star Wars for my little boy yep...

But Fallout 4 has my interest - 47 hours and I've done like 4 missions maybe - the rest has been walking around being a klepto - I also have 6 power suit frames I've collected while walking about - I think Fallout 4 has found the right mode for people that were "pickup" junkies in previous games - I feel like now I have a reason to walk home over weight...

Oh sorry Star Wars ... um..it's very pretty.. um...music's good.. um... speaking of music I've had to add Fallout 4 radio mods to help with the repeats..wait sorry Star Wars....um..yeah..

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Nov 12, 2015, 16:16 EndoSkull

13 Hours in...

I've completed 1 Mission...

The rest of the time I've collected and slowly walked back to the settlement... I'm a klepto more than usual now...

Bugs: PiP Boy & Computer Screens Vanish sometimes or zoom in more than they should.

I loaded a save and the robot vanished

I'm loving the game. I couldn't get into F:NV but this one has been really fun and plays pretty damn good.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
13. BS Nov 11, 2015, 17:07 EndoSkull

I don't believe it. Everyone I know has cease to care about getting the latest CoD.

Did more kids come of age and start buying it?

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
23. preaching to the choir Oct 13, 2015, 14:49 EndoSkull

My exact thought.
Thought I was the only one.

Doombringer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 14:14:
The environments and visuals, plus sound design, are all spot on. You feel like you're playing something truly Star Wars-y.

Unfortunately everything drops off after that. The spawn system has you constantly being picked off from every angle, no place is safe. The accuracy allows players to blast you (not the sniper rifle, just the default blaster) from way too far away. It's really hard to feel like you're gaining or holding ground when all this comes together.

The card system is OK, but I liked "classes" better. The power-ups are acceptable. The vehicles aren't very fun, especially the AT-ATs on rails and most of the fighters.

Overall most matches boil down to: who has the high ground, and are they going to snipe you with their blaster? And every time that answer is "yes, prepare for a reaming."

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 12, 2015, 23:41 EndoSkull

The game is fun but I'm already frustrated with how people are playing...

It's not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me when team members walk past activating the objected or deactivating them because they want to get a kill from across the map or something...

Speaking of which - the whole game is every gun is a sniper rifle. I'm not sure if I like that - I get a lot of kills - but it feels like I didn't earn them the other player just was clueless where he was being hit from...

Feels like titan fall - i was impressed with the graphics but then was bored shortly after. I'm guessing this will play out the same with ending with a sale bring the price down to "fair"

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
99. Money Talent Smoke & Mirrors Oct 12, 2015, 02:13 EndoSkull

All, I see is a lot of talented artist doing a lot of smoke in mirrors - and a lot of money being spent.

I'm amazed at how many people are defending this game. There is a ton of money be spent on art assets - however I'm really not seeing anything but art with no solid gameplay that You can't already pick up on steam and get about the same enjoyment.

Wild kickstarter - I really just don't see direction other than art.

200 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo