Total Posts
279 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

No subject
Jul 10, 2001, 13:49
No subject Jul 10, 2001, 13:49
Jul 10, 2001, 13:49

Who are these anonymous nads that don't want to reveil their identity... i.e. in pseudo, quasi form...

spineless chowder... that's what you "anon" posters are.

One last thing. Just as I have had to row the boat of scripted humilation some of you need to observe your syntax... "to be honest it's pretty damn bad!"

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 15:13.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: No subject
Jul 10, 2001, 12:56
Re: No subject Jul 10, 2001, 12:56

Vin Diesel?

Who gives a flying burritto about him... he's alright as an actor but he's *no* show stopper...

he seems a little too WWF'esque

Although I would like to see the new racing flick he's in... it slips my mind right at the moment... looks better than Stallone's "Driven"

Anyway, thanks for the trademark infringement clarification Loony . I didn't realize it had everything to do with dibs on movie production. Because, in that case (no pun intended ) I'm all for the protection of intellectual property.

And as for "Final Fantasy's" budget. "Hey," if the CGI team wants to throw away tons of money just to achieve flowing hair and no real advances in facial expressions. "They're fools!"

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: No subject Jul 10, 2001, 12:56

Vin Diesel?

Who gives a flying burritto about him... he's alright as an actor but he's *no* show stopper...

he seems a little too WWF'esque

Although I would like to see the new racing flick he's in... it slips my mind right at the moment... looks better than Stallone's "Driven"

Anyway, thanks for the trademark infringement clarification Loony . I didn't realize it had everything to do with dibs on movie production. Because, in that case (no pun intended ) I'm all for the protection of intellectual property.

And as for "Final Fantasy's" budget. "Hey," if the CGI team wants to throw away tons of money just to achieve flowing hair and no real advances in facial expressions. "There fools!"

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 10, 2001, 11:04
No subject Jul 10, 2001, 11:04
Jul 10, 2001, 11:04

Granted I believe Blizzard has every right to sue a prospective publisher for the infringement of seeming similar takes on their idea. Plagerism being very much the excepted norm in todays critical thinking of ideas because of the talentless genepool that's been spawned in society as well the bubblegum geniuses...

"But!" in the same instance I think it's a bit absurd for Blizzard to think they own the rights to the name ["DIABLO"] (considering it dates back from early Euro spanish origins before any of Blizzard's fore-fathers were born) and any premise surrounding the name.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 19:35.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 6, 2001, 22:15
No subject Jul 6, 2001, 22:15
Jul 6, 2001, 22:15

"DAMN!"

Not another movie... trailer

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 4, 2001, 15:17
No subject Jul 4, 2001, 15:17
Jul 4, 2001, 15:17

Makes me drool

-The DooL-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Jul 4, 2001, 15:08
Re: No subject Jul 4, 2001, 15:08
Jul 4, 2001, 15:08

you may have a point there 'Frostnik'

I really didn't read the article until now and I'd gander in speculating that Team Necrocide realized their engine tech was probably as dated as a 1920's Henry Ford coupe...

Which is the reason we are given an anticeptic line for why the design team has shifted rather than... The game is just not coming to life the way they expected... wouldn't be the first time NOVALOGIC balked on a nice idea.

Engine-wise the features of 2000/2001's games released, I'm sure present a Helluva a learning curve for them (Novalogic) and would be far too arguous at this juncture... i.e. Epic, iD software, Monolith, Planetmoon, Bioware... even Croteam (did I forget anyone? ) has them left behind in grad school... still

- A suggestion: why don't they try leasing an engine rather than developing (for FPS)?

But, I mus'nt forget to give kudos to "Comanche 4"... "IT LOOKS AMAZING!" I feel as if I can relive some of my first Budding moments back in 1996 when I first got into Ibm PC Clone network gaming.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 15:18.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 4, 2001, 14:23
No subject Jul 4, 2001, 14:23
Jul 4, 2001, 14:23

Well..... That's rather painful.

Now... how often per chance do we come upon a developer that has an over ambitious project and doesn't really give us the truth to the real product? Hmmmmmmmm?????

At least Comanche 4 will keep me busy

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Jun 28, 2001, 13:22
Re: No subject Jun 28, 2001, 13:22
Jun 28, 2001, 13:22

"Hee Hee!"

I was actually considering that option... but, I did't think there was and expirey setting on cookies considering my cookies directory has about +500 freaking *.txt files in it.

(Hmmmm? just maybe? just maybe that may have something to do with my IE crashes????? )
- just a thought

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 13:27.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jun 28, 2001, 12:57
No subject Jun 28, 2001, 12:57
Jun 28, 2001, 12:57

As long as it "FALLOUT TACTICS 3" makes use of the new 3D engine/ engines Bioware has at their disposal... I'm all over it

and I have a question for the Blues staff... Is there a timer on user profiles for how long one's account settings will remain on site memory/ database? It seems as though every week and a half I need to reinput my email and password just to repost.

"Call me a lazy slob "

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jun 28, 2001, 02:13
No subject Jun 28, 2001, 02:13
Jun 28, 2001, 02:13

After listening to the 1 and 1/2 hour long radio interview with level designer Dave "Diamondback Meddish. I'm not sure there is any hope for T2.

Tribes 2 was f***ed before inception. and it all seems to point heavily at Dave Georgeson and his esoteric, conviluted, matter a factly mannerisms and posturing for the cameras.

Not to mention Sierra's Apaplectic treatment of Dynamix.

What will this beta do...? Probably nothing. Tribes 2 as a developmental prospect falls into the category of a solider who's been mortally wounded but, his brain hasn't caught onto the fact that his body is already dead.

T2 in short is a deceptive hodge podge that's brething it's last breaths of life and Dynamix will probably cut loose it's remaining T2 team earlier than we think.

I am truely hurt

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jun 21, 2001, 12:10
No subject Jun 21, 2001, 12:10
Jun 21, 2001, 12:10

Well, Well, well?

"Who gives a rip about a little improper punctuation?!"

"Damn!" some of you zealots have nothing better to do than point out the number of warts on a pigs ass. "JEEEZ!"

... I'm saying this because I'm sure Loony wanted to... but,
'blues' must keep up the esteemed image ;).

"NOT ME :)!"

I'm more interested in the fact that Diablo II arrived in the annuls of being one of the most successful titles not ready for primetime (much like Tribes 2... but, I think most of us in the community were a bit surprised when suddenly the meta testing was halted in Dec. Then announce was made:CDrom was gold "WTF!") and I didn't purchase it for that very reason.

Has any of the Server and network related bugs *even* been resolved... because I recall the game becoming a festering heep due to the degerative work the code monkeys where doing at Blizzard????

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jun 19, 2001, 14:38
No subject Jun 19, 2001, 14:38

This thoroughly amazes...

Tribes 2 suffers from the same crippling, degenerative wasteful, programming resource consumption as does the "Serious Sam" engine (unfortunately).

When an online (WAN) request is made for hosting or joining the UDP port that's opened cause both these game to run dead dick slow... granted Serious Sam engine takes considerable longer, but, it does bog down.

I observed the packet size that "Sam" exchanges and they're something like 13K if you use the LAN speed setting and 2-3k for DSL Cable modems... And this represents a hosted game with up to 3 users connected.

Tribes 2. I really can't say much for it regarding ingame performance because *it is* the worst at system resource usage currently bt not alone. The programming guru's at dynamix realy need to go back to school and stop bullshitting us with their lack of being able to design code that doesn't work well in a distributed network environment Maybe "Java" has something to do with becuase "C" definetly handles memory a lot better for remote calls as well local cals to apps? whatever?

THIS ALL FALLS ON BLAME DYNAMIX EXCLUSIVELY

But, it's very appearant this is now commonplace to design a game and make it work after the public has purchased it and beta tested it for *some* NO talent programmers..

What a joke society is... you tell the public a snake won't bite and everyone crowds around it to be the first to touch... when the snake bites, then everyone [except a few whom actually walk with their eyes open...] panics and want's to kill every snake the crawls.

Point I'm trying to make is becuase that doesn't translate what I wanted: the government, business, everyone (well not everyone ) has this infectuous "bitch-slap" mentality...

I'm going to do what I want to do, when I want, make what I want, and I'm not responsible for any advent repercussions... and only if I get caught, will I consider telling the truth or correcting myself... after all we are doing this as a favor.

Yoiu see this behavior in retatil stores, resturants, everywhere... I just love it when some punk ass jerk trys to give me "bitch-slap" treatment and then it's my trun as the customer to show them just how tough they are... I don't go ot looking for it but I'm definetly not going to take this delinquent tudish behavior.

That's the joke we have played on us daily.

Dyanmix. I could care less how talented the gene pool over there is... they were and still are deceptive and knew this crap wasn't ready. Then as an offering months after the fact. Makes and announcement from the pedastle to us peasants.... "If you are experiencing a problem you have two hours to submit your claim (in the middle rush hour traffic to most peoples work schedule).

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

"Screw Dynamix!"
"Screw Dynamix!" Jun 19, 2001, 14:38

This thoroughly amazes...

Tribes 2 suffers from the same crippling, degenerative wasteful, programming resource consumption as does the "Serious Sam" engine (unfortunately).

When an online (WAN) request is made for hosting or joining the UDP port that's opened cause both these game to run dead dick slow... granted Serious Sam engine takes considerable longer, but, it does bog down.

I observed the packet size that "Sam" exchanges and they're something like 13K if you use the LAN speed setting and 2-3k for DSL Cable modems... And this represents a hosted game with up to 3 users connected.

Tribes 2. I really can't say much for it regarding ingame performance because *it is* the worst at system resource usage currently bt not alone. The programming guru's at dynamix realy need to go back to school and stop bullshitting us with their lack of being able to design code that doesn't work well in a distributed network environment Maybe "Java" has something to do with becuase "C" definetly handles memory a lot better for remote calls as well local cals to apps? whatever?

THIS ALL FALLS ON BLAME DYNAMIX EXCLUSIVELY

But, it's very appearant this is now commonplace to design a game and make it work after the public has purchased it and beta tested it for *some* NO talent programmers..

What a joke society is... you tell the public a snake won't bite and everyone crowds around it to be the first to touch... when the snake bites, then everyone [except a few whom actually walk with their eyes open...] panics and want's to kill every snake the crawls.

Point I'm trying to make is becuase that doesn't translate what I wanted: the government, business, everyone (well not everyone ) has this infectuous "bitch-slap" mentality...

I'm going to do what I want to do, when I want, make what I want, and I'm not responsible for any advent repercussions... and only if I get caught, will I consider telling the truth or correcting myself... after all we are doing this as a favor.

Yoiu see this behavior in retatil stores, resturants, everywhere... I just love it when some punk ass jerk trys to give me "bitch-slap" treatment and then it's my trun as the customer to show them just how tough they are... I don't go ot looking for it but I'm definetly not going to take this delinquent tudish behavior.

That's the joke we have played on us daily.

Dyanmix. I could care less how talented the gene pool over there is... they were and still are deceptive and knew this crap wasn't ready. Then as an offering months after the fact. Makes and announcement from the pedastle to us peasants.... "If you are experiencing a problem you have two hours to submit your claim (in the middle rush hour traffic to most peoples work schedule).

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Tech Stuff
Jun 17, 2001, 12:42
Tech Stuff Jun 17, 2001, 12:42
Jun 17, 2001, 12:42

I have an even better tech question.

What was the awesome game control Belkin has in design? that was show in an exclusive CNN interview with the CEO of Belkin products.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 12:43.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

The only pimped out lawnmower
Jun 17, 2001, 12:31
The only pimped out lawnmower Jun 17, 2001, 12:31
Jun 17, 2001, 12:31

I don't mind the novel idea so much as...

How is someone even going to benefit from hearing the music with some reasonable audible quality? When the decibles that the lawn mower reaches will rival the noise the speakers are out putting... not to mention a 6 vlt batteries doesn't exactly give you the High Definition and extended range you're looking for...

"That's right?" "I just realized something!" some music being cut today isn't a matter of wanting to hear it anyway. It's just noise and yelling. The mower engine would probably complement it.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 12:33.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Fighting Legends Impressions ?????
Jun 17, 2001, 12:19
Fighting Legends Impressions ????? Jun 17, 2001, 12:19
Jun 17, 2001, 12:19

My Impression wink, wink... blink, blink ... Graphically this game falls way below the level of design of kindergarteners on a jovial Arts & Crafts day.

It must? be made for 5 years olds?

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 12:19.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: WOO HAA!!!
Jun 16, 2001, 11:57
Re: WOO HAA!!! Jun 16, 2001, 11:57
Jun 16, 2001, 11:57

You actually purchased "HL-Blue Shift" I have read so many lack luster reviews I avoided opportunities like the plague.

good job getting your Geforce though. "EVERYWHERE!" I've been the card is in sold out status.

George getting the last word as usual: "When it's done "

-The Dude-

P.S. I LOVE the new Message board features.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 13:11.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jun 16, 2001, 02:58
No subject Jun 16, 2001, 02:58
Jun 16, 2001, 02:58

The Dud

"OOPS!" I bought a new (excellent) keyboard and I still make typos...

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 03:00.
-The Dude-

Vic B.
279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older