Total Posts
279 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

No subject
Aug 7, 2001, 20:27
No subject Aug 7, 2001, 20:27
Aug 7, 2001, 20:27

I hope I don't appear to be out of touch with things ...

... But, is this game even available on retail?

All I hear/read about is a preview here/ screen shot there
or an ingame movie
-The Dude-

Vic B.

COOP WHATZ UP
Aug 7, 2001, 01:18
COOP WHATZ UP Aug 7, 2001, 01:18
Aug 7, 2001, 01:18

This all sounds great once the dust settles...

... But, what's the deal with COOP?
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Hidden & Dangerous
Aug 6, 2001, 16:00
Re: Hidden & Dangerous Aug 6, 2001, 16:00
Aug 6, 2001, 16:00

"Oops!" My sentence got a little mixxed up

I meant to sight H&D II and Mafia being the games on the back burner and the goings ons (been a tad quiet on the progress).

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Hidden & Dangerous
Aug 6, 2001, 02:21
Hidden & Dangerous Aug 6, 2001, 02:21
Aug 6, 2001, 02:21

The shots are pretty spiffy. But, I just about forgot about the game in lieu of Neverwinters Night, DNF4, Etcetera, Etcetera and the lack of news about this game as well Mafia..

... so what's the deal?

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Dasse shots
Aug 2, 2001, 21:30
Re: Dasse shots Aug 2, 2001, 21:30
Aug 2, 2001, 21:30

You... "ARE!" funny dude.

You had me rolling "HA!" "HA!"

FYI. Just to let you know a little inside secret...

...The primary reason why my right shoe is often seen on my left foot when I try to make a point on Blue's, is due to an unpredictable major fact. I'm trying to talk, listen to music, and make a coherent thought at the same time...

And as an end result I always find, much to my horrification, things are at times are much worse than I anticipated. because unfortunately... Ah I won't even finish that sentence.

So. I guess there is some truth to the old saying:" I can't walk and chew gum at the same time."

As for the AD&D reference, I stated in the previuos sentence. I was trying to making a point then the phone rang as usual and I totally lost track of the direction I was taking the sentence.

Damn shame a man can't just wake up in the morning put on his underwear and be damned if forgets to put on his pants too.

Life?

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 02:31.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Aug 2, 2001, 11:28
Re: Dasse shots Aug 2, 2001, 11:28
Aug 2, 2001, 11:28

Jedi word of the wise...

Before you begin the besmirch campaign and literacy critique, ensure that your grammatics are as correct as you so righteously try to come off, because: "on occasion, we often mispell in the rush to convey ideas and in judgement." Hence as evidenced of your word use. You said: ... This is only compounded by your occaisional utter gramattical errors....

1. correctly spelled - grammatical

I never said I was perfect and I "never!" said I was any kind of Graduate or PHD holder in expertise of any particular subject matter.

I'm just a fool that enjoys what he does: playing games (PC and console games that is), Art, writing, a little music and I really don't care how great my sytax comes off on this board because if you browse to gaming sites and news sites... for that matter even MSN's sites you will find a festival of mispellings.

Do you think the staff/ editors of those sites are any less intelligent because of there ineptness?

And ya know, I've said this before: "Some folks think it's fashionable to make fun of me." I don't care I just ask...

...can you take what you dish out?

You have taken an unfortunate belief of me. Dude? in college I took Medieval History (9th b.c. century to 16th century a.d.) and I've always enjoyed the geeky sport of AD&D not this means anything...

and I agree. Jedi looks "awesome!" and it could even be a nice upgrade if LucasArts allowed Raven to improve on the past series [but,I know that's a long shot]. Which is why I tease the older SNES system.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 12:37.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Aug 1, 2001, 12:35
Re: Dasse shots Aug 1, 2001, 12:35
Aug 1, 2001, 12:35

Well...

'anon@24.203' and 'JediLuke'

Hate to deflate both your eghoulish (a mix of ego and ghoul like tactics) attempts at trying to make me appear as though I make no sense (or an idiot). But, maybe the two of you should go back to College and reregister for another course on English Lit.

William Shakespeare's Mcbeth and Hamlet even the story of Beowulf (not a Shakespearian tale) didn't exactly read the same for most people in class and then some managed to come to a common belief on each epilogs, sometimes after a little intervention/ influence from the instructor. Go figure ?

In short. The two of you have a severe comprehension problem and if you *cannot get* the meaning of a sentence whether it be used in symbolism or contrast.

I know it's fashionable to pick on my points, because, I am 'The Dude'. But, I smell a cretin when one presents one's self...

... and if you feel as though your idiology is so proper and choice. I'd like to see you run to the local Software store and pay $49.95 for a text based only game. smart ass

If I have a desire to read good literature I'll trot to my local Book Soup up the street.

As for the SNES. I quoted nothing wrong. You two just chose to make an issue directed at me and if you feel so holier than thou? Knock yourself out and go drag your dated SNES systems out of the basement and play your games. "I could care less!"

I'll just patiently wait for this latest build by Raven and have a ball. While the two of sit up playing starry-eyed on the award winning graphics of the SNES Star Wars series... no comparison. "RIGHT!"

"Oh!" I forgot I am on subject FYI.

You two are a "JOKE!"

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 15:14.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Jul 31, 2001, 23:00
Re: Dasse shots Jul 31, 2001, 23:00
Jul 31, 2001, 23:00

Well.

I imagine if every game where designed on the premise of Maneuvering in darkenss with two shades:Black and Gray. Or, playing based on audio and a blank screen you wouldn't make such non thorough statements.

To me, visual substance has more to do with the evolution of a game's visionaries. case in point: LucasrtArts original Star Wars titles released on SNES in the late 80's early 90's.

The is "NO!" comparison by todays standards. So I'd say that discounts some of the objective rational I've seen posted.

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

RE to : re popshots
Jul 31, 2001, 15:44
RE to : re popshots Jul 31, 2001, 15:44
Jul 31, 2001, 15:44

Ahem

'anon@62.64' you obviously are suffering from a serious set of 400/400 macular vision. I suggest you install those coke bottle glasses in those 2mm orbits and appreciate a gracious gesture of graphic evolution...

Jedi's graphics are far more superior (for a Q3 engine powered game) than maybe even the first interation of Planet Moon's "GIANTS..."

... and -Gojo-,

I can't let you take a shot a 'Lord Bloodwolf' without informing you if you want to stir up matters with him you have to contend with me too.

-THEE DUDE-

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 15:49.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 24, 2001, 17:07
No subject Jul 24, 2001, 17:07
Jul 24, 2001, 17:07

"yea yea!"

Were have I heard the now infamous statement: "the upcoming installment in their hit RTS game series, will not be making it into stores in time for its planned 2001 release. Saying: "We firmly believe that this additional development time will prove invaluable..."

"OH!"

could that be BLIZZARD ?

now when have they ever been on time? Not that I'm upset or complaining... but I'll except quality over timeliness any day.

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 24, 2001, 16:58
No subject Jul 24, 2001, 16:58
Jul 24, 2001, 16:58

Whew

"Finally." My DSL service is back online... I had a whopper outage here in shitty ole Los Angeles.

Anyways...

Just to sir up the pot of uncertainty a little. I thought/ I mean... *I am* obligated to point out the fact that the world is spawning a bunch of cowardly business graduates and including old timers (dust farters) that have no faith in anything, because: 1. their stock options aren't doing too well (those whom are affected) 2. with these translucent fuckers in business running amuck for a better bottom line... it pretty much equates to this bald faced lying and yellow bellied panic antics of todays modern establishments.

"Look at AT&T just layed off another 9,000 workers!"

"Hell!" I'm sure some of you have heard and are aware of this mad rush for American Corporations to find underdeveloped disavantage countries where it's citizens are paid 2 cents a day (I'm over exaggerating by 10 cents or more ) to make products that s yankees could design with far more superiority.

Same difference. if it's not Assholes pulling out of company ventures. It's these low crawling snakes trying to uncover ways to save a dollar on development cost as well hatchet wielding sissies disrupting the fabrc of business.

SEAT SOMEONE IN BUSINESS WITH "BALLS!"

I know Bioware and Black Isle are separate entities but "F"
me if this doesn't give rise for concern regarding NWN.

"Der Dude"

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 16:59.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: No subject
Jul 13, 2001, 23:58
Re: No subject Jul 13, 2001, 23:58
Jul 13, 2001, 23:58

"OH..."

... Well... anyway ?????????

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 13, 2001, 22:26
No subject Jul 13, 2001, 22:26
Jul 13, 2001, 22:26

"YEAH VABY :D!"

The screenshots displayed here have more detail than any of the avpnews.com screens.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 00:01.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 12, 2001, 13:44
No subject Jul 12, 2001, 13:44
Jul 12, 2001, 13:44

"I LIKE IT!"

"You're right Schnapple!"

I for one feel the same as you regarding the term "MMORPG".
it appears to me just a new business model for prospective game developers to use for establishing a revenue vein/ artery to satisfy the publishers with some viable garuantee they'll recieve monies in the initial investment and the departure of contracted parties.

This kind of practice is in essence capturing their return to the power of 10.

I feel Bioware will do the entire RPG gaming genre a favor with the introduction of Never Winter Night's Client-Server Model and put into question: Online fantasy role playing pay-to-play scheme.

Planetside from Varant looks good.. But. I just can't justify paying $10.00 a month X 12 (or even 24,36 or 48) plus $49.99. seems a bit contrite to pay so much for a finished product.

Just maybe "NWN" and the new "Fallout Tactics engine" will make role playing a much better experience than Varant (Sony's), etc, etc, bleed them til their dry Corporate mentality.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 13:50.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: LOL
Jul 12, 2001, 12:30
Re: LOL Jul 12, 2001, 12:30
Jul 12, 2001, 12:30

Hey Anonymous #2... anon@165.91...

I like what you've expressed :)... It's funny though...
seems like when I point out a less than supportive act or element in/on the development process of a company a little mud slinging starts.

So, I still stand by my original sentiments - "World War II Online" is a Hocus Pocus Bag of Bullshit that's become the unfortunate quest for a group of well wishers. I think what these fellas should do is invest $9.99 in "Codename:Eagle"

and call it a day.

anyhoo..

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Jul 10, 2001, 20:02
Re: No subject Jul 10, 2001, 20:02
Jul 10, 2001, 20:02

"HEY!"

I have good things to say... it's fellas like you who never respond to my warm hearted devotion to what I like. I think "Never Winters Night" is going to be absolutely the standard bearer for all RPG's

"Duke Nukem Forever" will take interactive FPS to a new level.

Doom III will probably give wimpy puke bags like you a coronary

and Empire Earth, Age of Mythology, Startopia, blah, blah blah.

and "EEEE-SPECIALLY HIDDEN & DANGEROUS!!!!"

Your problem is you only fly around looking for stink to stir up.

I'm an original, not the Status Quoa. So you'll never hear some sissy wear comment coming from me... just THE DUDE'S logic

Like it or not, I'm gonna be me.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 20:04.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 10, 2001, 19:33
No subject Jul 10, 2001, 19:33
Jul 10, 2001, 19:33

"HA!" "HA!"

Have you ever heard of such a debacle..? This company couldn't put the right shoe on even if they had a closet full of right shoes only.

-The Dude-

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Luxury of Anomity
Jul 10, 2001, 19:22
Re: Luxury of Anomity Jul 10, 2001, 19:22
Jul 10, 2001, 19:22

Apology accepted .... "But!" I am a bit confused by the posting that the offending I.P. stated

I do realize I misspelled "Cynic"

But, I get rushed in the blizzard of thought in my head and I don't have time to correct my thoughts.

"Isn't Undying banned in certain countries?"

I myself only played the demo.. I don't have much to say about the game except it does envoke an atmosphere of fear and piss in your pants anxiety.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 19:52.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Jul 10, 2001, 17:29
Re: No subject Jul 10, 2001, 17:29
Jul 10, 2001, 17:29

you proclaimed:
>Unfortunately your sentence structure doesn't seem to improve with age.

I retorted with:
"anon@216.27" ?

two words best describes you that I found in the "Oxford Dictionary":

Fuck of germanic origin "fik" and You ( another english pronoun "Du" derived from the deutsch language)

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 19:30.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Jul 10, 2001, 17:10
No subject Jul 10, 2001, 17:10
Jul 10, 2001, 17:10

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Quake 4 huh?

Looks as if "iD" is trying to recapture the fun it orignally started off with... and like all underground cult hits once it goes public, then, eventually it becomes commercial that's when it becomes a matter of selling to the highest bidder. T-shirts, baseball caps, sneaker, lemonade stands.. Hell hot dogs "too!" The whole damn corporate sellout.

... "It's always fun arriving on earth in the empty mind and unpolluted body of a child..."

But once you come of age (should you mature appropriately... seems rather difficult for some humans) the sugar coated attractions that once seemed so unforgetable/ impressionable. Becomes the old repeated delapidated products of mankinds social stabs at bring enjoyment ("DAMN!" I sound like a synic ???)to our long out grown faces we had as children.

What am I trying to say? I have know "F'ing idea!"

I'll try to make my point though: I think iD is just doing what it needs to survive so if anything fails they can point the finger at the new developer... not the engine.

Much like how Carmack diss'ed uh? uh? ritual for their attempt at making "Heavy Metal 2000" with the Q3 engine.

Microsoft probably owns half of iD anyway.

I remember when Carmack would post comments in past '.plan files' stating that Microsoft is making a big mistake not using OpenGL as the rendering API and how he would never cave in to such a giant toads short sightedness... Well a few years later looks like the toad has pissed on him and has he's acquired a few warts... Now J.C. is an inductee of the "Xbox-hair club for men"

Now we have DirectX R' Us (granted Direct3D does wonders for crummy 3DFX only games... if it supports Direct 3D)

Only the future will reveal if any of these 3-4 year in the making games will have any luster... if you ask me it seems an awfully long wait to be impressed by technolgy that's superceded even before it hits the chalk board.

personally I wish nvidia would bring this MPU to light and end this techo crap that's flooding the market place. But who knows... Will there even be a relevant OS to play games on? Now that Microsoft is forcing developers to make games for Xbox and trash canning 16/32 bit OS like Win9x...

Like I said I can't wait to see what the future has to unfold.

-The Dude-

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 19:42.
-The Dude-

Vic B.
279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older