Total Posts
279 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: Priorities, people!
Aug 15, 2001, 14:38
Re: Priorities, people! Aug 15, 2001, 14:38
Aug 15, 2001, 14:38

Shocked that TheDude isn't perfect , Ray

"ye" "ye"

I resemble that remark.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Aug 15, 2001, 14:08
No subject Aug 15, 2001, 14:08
Aug 15, 2001, 14:08

I'm screaming at 11Kb a sec., one hour to go. If you want a copy...

... Well? ya know?
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Priorities, people!
Aug 15, 2001, 13:46
Re: Priorities, people! Aug 15, 2001, 13:46
Aug 15, 2001, 13:46

'Coupland'

Ya know, I would normally just disregard the comments you made as superfluous. But, I can't because my friend,one thing you fail to realize is that in the arena of conducting business there are many other options at the desposal that are perfectly legitemate and fair practices for business owners and participants to undertake to keep the survival of a true keepsake's existence.

While you prefer to stand at the shore and watch a drowning person sink in slow moving currents. I as well other prefer to sacrfice and be generous in lending whatever we can afford to not be witness to an untimely demise.

In my opinion Blues news is *THEE* most mature, professional, PC gaming forum to take part in, granted I -'The Dude'- have my fiobles (no one said I was perfect). I have a tendancy to mar the site at times with incompetence and befutling jargon. But I usually clean it up afterwards.

My point: a contributuion to a business can come in the form of an investment, a philanthropic donation...

... venture capitol (which is usually done with the expectation or hope of a reciprocating return)since it's such a popular term in the air appearant Dot.com era.

You my friend fall into the category of the statement I made early. That being you would rather wave goodbye to a drowning victim rather than be creative and say: "WELL?" Now what can I do to make the outcome of this event turn into a happier ending?

how about more Selflisness and not "SELFISH!" acts

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 13:52.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No Loony
Aug 15, 2001, 10:52
No Loony Aug 15, 2001, 10:52
Aug 15, 2001, 10:52

"UGH!"

"Sheesh BLUE." I don't mind making a voluntary donation to keep your site alive. Is operating cost and salaries a need to account for? If the term salaries is even correct.

Not having Loony is like a sandwich without the other slice of bread.

is it a matter of $200.00 bucks?

(my head drops and looks to the ground in sadness... I need to pause)

-The Dude-

Vic B.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 13:14.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

My impression
Aug 11, 2001, 14:14
My impression Aug 11, 2001, 14:14
Aug 11, 2001, 14:14

Although AVP2 has that "made with Lithtech's model rendering engine look to it"

... It's still a game I really want.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the game made use of facial animations and other nice amenities ?

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 15:35.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: No subject
Aug 11, 2001, 12:09
Re: No subject Aug 11, 2001, 12:09
Aug 11, 2001, 12:09

"DAMNIT!"

Maybe if had finnished reading the entire paragraph I would have noticed this in small print:

" The game is to use the same Infinity Engine like previous installments in the series..."

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 12:10.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Aug 11, 2001, 12:05
No subject Aug 11, 2001, 12:05
Aug 11, 2001, 12:05

Will the Icewind Dale 2 followup take advantage of the NWN engine ?
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Aug 10, 2001, 19:35
No subject Aug 10, 2001, 19:35
Aug 10, 2001, 19:35

I know, I can't wait... gives some hope to a few good games

But, can I just make one request Id?

Please, please, please ,please incorporate Cooperative mode?
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: WOW
Aug 10, 2001, 05:46
Re: WOW Aug 10, 2001, 05:46
Aug 10, 2001, 05:46

Well, you obviously have proven what a world class idiot you are "anon@24.19"

Ya know? you could either be the real thing or a complete flatulant bag of hot air... I don't know and I don't care because, much to the chagrin of many people, whether you're the CEO of semi conductor company or what ever businessess you/ they run. They didn't "MAKE!" the business. Their r[mommies]r and daddies wittle inheritence gave them the collateral they needed. So before you get off telling me you can slap me with a nice evenly cooked piece of "Mahi-Mahi" (Dolphin fish for the culinary challenged)...

... why don't you go and find a nice floating sea otter carcass and suck some farts.

"DUDE!" you just proved what a dumbass you are. G.O.D's first most ambitious title was from the runaways of the now defunct Ion Storm. Third Law. "Uh?" stupid do you remember "Psycho Circus-The Nightmare Child". yep that really had a solid performance and caused a rain fall of revenue. Then Rune.. what ever happened to that?

Max Panyne is an over the top best seller and on the eve of it's releasing G.O.D is in preparations to fold.

Uh.. I'd say for some one who runs a buisness such your self you better start reading the papers and getting some facts together beside conting the rolls of paper you use to wipe your ass...

Oh Yeah.. I would really like to work for your company.

Because, it's obvious to me you spend more time sitting and shitting on the camode than knowing anything about what's really happening outside the bathroom walls.

"So?" do me and yourself a favor... ask your parent(s) to go buy some good non-fiction and subscription to the newspaper.

So, Einstien? So I can get out this civilized speech and get some sleep. How can a business that *ran* [notice I use the past tense of the verb run - ran "Oh yes!" 'The Dude' doesn't just watch reruns of Cohen Brother movies I can conjugate] so well in the Astute eyes of yourself loose so much in less than three years and be such a success?

Um... could you explaing that?

Oh, and did I mention... I'm not rich but, I do have my own buisness.

You obviously think like a Dot.com hence the word "."

"en garde" back at you

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 05:52.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: WOW
Aug 10, 2001, 04:20
Re: WOW Aug 10, 2001, 04:20
Aug 10, 2001, 04:20

You know? if you had 25% of your impression right maybe you could beat your chest proudly and tell me that I am being euphamistic (as in the Romeroism you say I made). But I doubt it...

Bud,

I deal with many diffrent businesses that make a lot more money than I can dream of ever earning and you're politically not even close with your onesided explaination.

Most companies fall because they have bad, bad personnel mangement.. that causes the Arteriosclerosis and the heart stopper for any business is poor financial management... you know? As in being over ambitious or not knowing how to time manage the cost of a product/ project.

When you go into business... partner (meaning *you*) you "DAMN!" well better know what kind of working capital you have to operate your "F'ing" company to stay out of the red or be actively soliciting or have other income sources, so if one egg goes rotten you can pull from your emergency funds (like a million out of you're hat). Most important don't overpay [yourself or your staff.. that can be mistake number one]. These are some of the basic rules of business 101.

The difference between 22.5 milliion and 25 Million isn't shit once your differeces are above or below .5 rounded using a figure of 5 million increments (that's what the contracts are based on). G.O.D games took on more than the could knew or could chew coupled with other quantitative factors. They bit the big one. They were asked to bow out...

Project management is the incompetence of America... a lotta people just out right stink at it. Making guesses like trying to piss a straight line in a hurricane. They think of success in terms of themselves (short) and how they will look and not the the overall reinvestment of the team effort.

I could go on forever, but, I need some sleep. it's 1:18 a.m. here in California

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 06:04.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

PAY FOR PLAY
Aug 10, 2001, 00:28
PAY FOR PLAY Aug 10, 2001, 00:28
Aug 10, 2001, 00:28

Why do you think Lucas Arts and Verant have fully embraced the pay for play business model...

... you can release a game while it's still in development and just sugarcoat the gamers with eyecandy and inaccessibility to areas until you get the kinks worked out.

Make your profit in development and retail... can you beat that? Then make the games so they're cross platform and play in a mixxed environment of consoles and client/network PCs. Damn some of my older (5 games are starting to look mighty damn good

Face it fellas. PC are going to see a dark age soon in regards to game development. As much a PC freak as I am, Consoles and application systems are where eveything is being forced. Sorta the ultimate mainframe.and if you're not properly resiterd or have the proper permits and papers... "Well you know the story of what the Geschtopo."

I'll have fun reverting back to the joy Nintendo gamecube console slapping the ole diaper and bib on crying with a joystick.

Tribes2 will become Planetside.
few other conversions I can't thing of off the top of my head

I just hope the list of Goodies sierra has scheduled still make it, I.E. Empire Earth.

"Hell!" Microsoft is abandoning 16 bit controls so all the games that could run in a 9x environment are pretty muched boned (Thanks to XP)... unless they release some support for virtual mode so memory can be allocated to the application or OS dependant program.

I'm rambling. Later

-The Dude-

Vic B.

Update: there's a program out that lets run virtual enviroments/ systems on the same OS.. I need to take a look at it.
This comment was edited on Aug 10, 04:38.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

WOW
Aug 9, 2001, 23:52
WOW Aug 9, 2001, 23:52
Aug 9, 2001, 23:52

Like I've said before...

Unfortunately, we have a lot (not all ) of bristlingly graduates (if they even did graduate?) that really don't know anything about the practicality of forecasting the consumption rate of running a business nor how to survive using a realistic payscale model regarding salary demands...

Primarly because of their own self serving, ego boosting, money grabbing interest.

The game development world/community is going to pay dearly from this. I can see game development going right back into backyard designers. Whereby innovations are made in the garage once again. and distributed thanks to a more publicly accesible network.

and Blues.

Just like the Dot.coms needed to have a shake up the die heart fry by night companies whom CEO and officers where only interested in bilking....

"THANKS JOHN ROMERO!"

game makers are going to only survive by the will of their own inventiveness, because, just like musicians, artist, and I'll even say [*honest*] programmers (if they can debug worth a shit)...

We've had to find alternatives to just stop putting money in the pockets of greedy CEO's and big Corps'. Especially the intellectual property issues and the proper residual payouts. I'm ready to start a small operation and keep it only between me (artist, musicians and programmers.. "F" the establishment

... Guys, Gals you're gonna have to do it yourself if you want to put and end to this savagery

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 04:41.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: OT
Aug 9, 2001, 16:21
Re: OT Aug 9, 2001, 16:21
Aug 9, 2001, 16:21

it's punji stick.

Thanks

I was fighting between the choices of Puegel, Pungie, Bungie... I just couldn't remember to save my hide.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Aug 9, 2001, 16:10
No subject Aug 9, 2001, 16:10
Aug 9, 2001, 16:10

"OH!"

I don't know if any of you recall the scaving radio interview Dave "Diamondback" gave? regarding the state of Dynamix.

I had no doubt he was speaking the truth. He predicted Dynamix had maybe...maybe? 45 days of survivabiltiy despite the B.S. Mr. "producer" Georgeson said.

Talk about a kick in the ass.

This spells everything out clearly.

Not much of a surprise to me... But, *it* is an end of an era.

Tribes will live no more unfortunately.

What else will begin to crumble in the world of gaming... I predict a major implosion

"Food for thought fellas!"

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 16:28.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

WHAT A SURPRISE
Aug 9, 2001, 15:16
WHAT A SURPRISE Aug 9, 2001, 15:16
Aug 9, 2001, 15:16

I can only sum it in these uncertian terms.

It's very appearant to me that big business is going the the direction of sending development and research of new ideas, technology on just about all platforms for public enjoyment or convinence the way of an ass backward, rectum first, crash landing on the sharp end of a bungie stick.

This disgust me to no end. The cheap selling and abandonment without any real common sense.

Yeah, they'll tell us they haven't been able to recoup their cost or the projected forcast on earning didn't exactly perform in the numbers they'd like to see, "but!"

"THEY'RE FULL OF IT!"

What a bunch of wonder boys in business today. I still haven't gotten over the loss of the team that was given the hatchet job for their developmetn of Maximum Dreamland - "THE ONLY XCOM REVISITED SOLUTION!".

Hopefully Duke see's the light of day.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"Loony?"
Aug 8, 2001, 01:11
"Loony?" Aug 8, 2001, 01:11
Aug 8, 2001, 01:11

That's awfully damn discouraging

I just don't get what's so difficult about adding Co-Op (my bad "COOP")?

It seems fairly easy. Rather than script the game [ because that's what all the code monkeys use java or C++ sripted engines] to have a single trigger reslting in *that* single linear outcome make the game(s) based on a nolinear system so if you encounter a key trigger and some one else is elsewhere it will have broader area of effect and more alternate endings. Problem solved

[I CAN"T WAIT TIL NEVER WINTER'S NIGHT SCRIPTING/ ENGINE COMES OUT :). I'm going to build monster module.

Gee. I wish one of the Whizzes at Epic or Monolith would address this concern on the post. It couldn't be as simple as my mind thinks.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

excuse me all
Aug 7, 2001, 20:58
excuse me all Aug 7, 2001, 20:58
Aug 7, 2001, 20:58

Had I read all the post aside from me jumping the gun and immediately pressing the "post" button I would have taken notice to all you other fellas...

...girls if there *are* any?

stating the point that the Coop issue was the issue rasied aside from that candle stick jumping baboon the made the infamous remark - "first post"

What a sissy

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 21:00.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Aug 7, 2001, 20:49
No subject Aug 7, 2001, 20:49
Aug 7, 2001, 20:49

I figured out who the majority of the Anonymous posters are..?

Point 1. )Most of them are the side show rejects from Voodoo Extreme because they require registerd names.

Point 2.) Because VE had the childish practice of the infamous: "first post"

Now some of those looser have found a way to defile this site. Not to say my misappropriation of Eng Lit. doesn't make me look rosey.

Just thought I'd express that point

"DAMN MY MS AGENT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!" he keeps popping up
reading my shit.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 20:51.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

UHHH...?
Aug 7, 2001, 20:36
UHHH...? Aug 7, 2001, 20:36
Aug 7, 2001, 20:36

This is "NO!" new NEWS... We all knew this was coming. What kind of flim-flam is Id trying to pull?

Kick my teeth out. But, I see no admission of "COOP!"

"Hey Loony? is is possible to make a blinking eyed happy face (as in questioning the facts)"

What's the point of MPlay if no Coop is instituted. Alien Vs. Predator 2 will have it, Unreal 2 will have it. What's Id's issue?

"Later!"
-The Dude-

Vic B.

What's the Deal?
Aug 7, 2001, 20:27
What's the Deal? Aug 7, 2001, 20:27
Aug 7, 2001, 20:27

I hope I don't appear to be out of touch with things ...

... But, is this game even available on retail?

All I hear/read about is a preview here/ screen shot there
or an ingame movie
-The Dude-

Vic B.
279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older