Total Posts
279 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: Oh, and Blue...
May 26, 2002, 20:29
Re: Oh, and Blue... May 26, 2002, 20:29
May 26, 2002, 20:29

And. mon Frer

In effort for a game to be truely disassociated from linear there must be no ending. Multiple outcomes any path. The fact that whether you are present or not the monster are doing things without the need for spawning. Total randomness. Never the same ending. That is still not an element iD is willing to depart with.

and yes I read the article briefly. Then started doing something else.

I just don't want to play a game using the same old rules.
iD is better than that... I hope

This comment was edited on May 26, 20:39.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Carmack...
May 26, 2002, 20:12
Re: Carmack... May 26, 2002, 20:12
May 26, 2002, 20:12

'Cableguy'... I am a Lightwave modeler and Artist and do some serious storyboard driven artworks as well, conceptual sketchs. I really have no interest in contributing my charished works to gaming development. Got burned and I would prefer to watch what others do.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not bitter. I personally like the cinematography side of rendered Art. That's my bent.

Doom III, still in my impressions was a great admission until iD settled for second fiddle. no MP or Coop.

That's not Innovation that's Canonization... Truely sad, and you and other can't see or won't admited it because you are all Yesmen.

DOOM III has the possibilties to be all things. But it isn't and yes the rendered effects are breath taking. But so what if it is minus all the elements that made it the apex.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Carmack... is the code god
May 26, 2002, 19:59
Re: Carmack... is the code god May 26, 2002, 19:59
May 26, 2002, 19:59

Well......

My man.

The context of my word verbatim, if, that's how you choose to use it, was just a launching point. It can easily be defered that anyone can be refuted being "the first!". I bet you are not the first person to be born with pale skin or what ever your tone. Nor are you the first homosapien to pickup a book much like Benjamin Harris wasn't the first to invent the light bulb (he is the accepted appointee)...

and considering good versus evil has been plagerized since the dawn of man, even the first book, if you'd like to go by that misnomer.

But...

...what I am stating is that "iD" is simply using the singular direct driven story concept as the script as opposed to the monolithic approach they used in the past. Valve did a better job of FPS story interaction in lite of all the competition. Now id is trying to be that.. but falling short on major areas. That could take Doom to a new level.

case in point. We have several major names in development

DNF - will be single player perhaps some MP? I doubt it?
Unreal II - will be a single player only
and maybe another I am forgetting about.

Maybe? they will make use of out sources to conlude the level of epidemic proportions the DOOM world needs to achieve. i.e. Deathmatch, Coop ... WHATEVER.

I won't hold my breath though.

and the other part. it's some these hairy assed monkeys telling me what a programm can and cannot do in collusion with Art. I wish they would shut the "F" up. the only reason why some of them work for a company and not on their own is due to their own lack of innovation. and safety in not having to dig up the answers themselves. Just be a team widget. So you bow and and pray all you want.

No such thing as *can't*.. ya just come up with a different approach.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Carmack...
May 26, 2002, 18:48
Re: Carmack... May 26, 2002, 18:48
May 26, 2002, 18:48

"OH!" Grom. my tutor... "MY MENTOR...!"

How dare I think such presumptuous amateur thoughts of beseeched candor. May I take the gracious position in life you have keenly shown me and stand amongst my kind.....

... the cockroach.. yes.. I am a cockroach

That's mighty gentlmanly of you to let me bow to your feet and realize when I have stepped out of role.

I hope you also shall not forget to keep in mind my old witless one, that it takes a fool to acknowledge the presence of one.

FYI.. I don't own A Game Cube nor A Playstation 2. But, I guess it takes a person of acedemic acomplishments to be privileged enough to own one to make the comparison. I see in your many years of schooling you have arrived at such scholarly conclusions?????????????? "Damn!" you're good.

Now I realized what I should have done with my life.

YOU my friend are a testiment to success... "OH!"

I'm shedding a tear.. I can't continue writting any more

"sniff" "sniff"

This comment was edited on May 26, 18:51.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Carmack... "IS NO GOD!"
May 26, 2002, 18:16
Carmack... "IS NO GOD!" May 26, 2002, 18:16
May 26, 2002, 18:16

I'm not a religious zealot nor am islamic nor catholic or christian or Jew... But???????????

J.Carmack is just an inventive man. and sometimes the toady comments sicken me.

Anyway, ya know? Part of being an artist is always having the ability to strongarm your vision into fruition. DOOM III, as monumental as it appeared still shows an appearant weakness. That is iD has preported, hired, some of the best talent in the world to make an epic oneway story of magnicient triumph. "ONE MAN OVER EVIL!"

HA HA HA HA HA......"RIGHT!"

My point? the talent that Carmack is and that the team of animators and programmers enlisted are still falling short of the original premise of DOOM.. they are only devising singular ways to produce effects.. this is a classic sign of "corporate secularism." The all but chaotic and infinite bondless scenarios that made the Doom world what it is has become a cataloged recipe equivelant to grandmothers cookies.

Everything about Doom reaks of trying to plagerize what Hal-life (an old Quake1 design) became for storytelling as the standard bearer and to stir in a little of what the Unreal II engine is capable of doing. Due in par for one reason. iD is no longer what they were except for one person sitting there, you all know who that is? id is actually copying material form other worksops to make a point.

to be honest Serious Sam even bested the capabilites of vertic based models per square inch versus bitmap.

I dunno in my book if ID was to really show some worth they would have created an engine that could not only rival the rendering of entities in Serious Sam but also make a physics and AI based engine that could evolve to the elements of non repetative and not based on this linear interactive Bullshit ...

My friends iD fails

MGS II (PXS II) and Resident Evil (for GC) look better

in my opinion the talent pool at iD is wasted effort. DOOM III should just go to CGI like it appears to be and stop wasting our time.

But, being that I am an artist. I will waste my .50 cents on the game just to throw it in the cubard. Talent has gone the way of the fart in the wind.

Sorry
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: help
May 26, 2002, 14:46
Re: help May 26, 2002, 14:46
May 26, 2002, 14:46

go to http://www.Divx.com and download the latest codec decoder Divx 5.0.2

"IT'S FREE!"

As for the the later comments regarding iD's induction to the lastest remake.. I might have to lean on the side of Pessimism and say that I am a bit disappointed that the levels don't look like I'll exactly be overwelmed by hordes of Minions .. what a shame

and with no Coop... it will pretty much suck big ripe elephant turds

I'll still buy the watered down version of What Id calls doom.. But Hell.. the game will be titless, nadless and just about an outright "UNIC"

1) reducing the polycount down from 1 million to 2/3000.
1a. I hope iD releases the high res models immediately afterwards?
2) Single player mode at best
3) a one time walk in the park.. no randomness.
4).. Sounds like age is catching up with Carmack to me
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"WHAT?"
May 23, 2002, 12:18
"WHAT?" May 23, 2002, 12:18
May 23, 2002, 12:18

Ya know what Anonymous No.3?????

It's complacent, ass kissing, sheepish Yes Men like yourself that makes the world go round and round and that sickens me too my stomach. You "FOOL!" makes ya seem real GAY. Don't you realize that programmers of today implement less and less and sponsors ask for more and more on a game being released as a beta and recieving tune-up after tune if we're lucky.

It's obvious you don't pay attention to current trends. Why the F@#k do you think developers are falling the way of the Maasive Multiplay Online as the model for Coop?... They're lazy.. and they can keep serving this garbage to mindless soup sucking invalids like yourself. Most important a consistent infusion of revenue for something half done and a thumb in our eye...

...Year 2000 plus has been a record year for poorly designed product releases, which it's obvious jackoffs like yourself are quite happy to pay for.

If you do the math with how the Online Multi Model genre is going I'm sure it rakes in a significant amount of profits?

"SO!" I'm tired of being surrounded by low crawling bottoom feeders and how about getting on the band wagon and joining a cause to blockade wholesale marginalism.

"COOP IS THE ONLY WAY!" to test a games viability: you get the AI screening, the Mutilplayer load test, and the Death Match if some FAG accidentally shoots you in the back.

"Don't make me comeback and really express my views!"

This comment was edited on May 23, 12:19.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

This is a major rift
May 22, 2002, 14:17
This is a major rift May 22, 2002, 14:17
May 22, 2002, 14:17

I only have two things to say:

#1. Duke Nukem just went back to the recycle bin and we'll be even more asphixiated by the infamous "when its done" parable. I hope George is reading this and had a little unexpected surprise in his drawers after seeing this next series in Doom carnation.. HA HA HA

"So how long do think it will be until we start hearing the rumor(s) of DNF being shifted to a new prioprietary engine?"

Duke just got his "ASS!" waxed haha

#2 DOOM III . IS the APEX of all FPS.. Unreal 1 2 and 3 can't touch this, except maybe in plot. But... maybe iD has the right team in place to get that resolved. I love companies that work in tightly wrapped secrecy and actually innovate and new standard. "This is great!" and Doom won't have any Java and be OpenGL compliant so this is going to be a high octain feeding frenzy.

This comment was edited on May 22, 14:33.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

I was always convinced :)
Apr 29, 2002, 12:03
I was always convinced :) Apr 29, 2002, 12:03
Apr 29, 2002, 12:03

I can remember the later crowd of nay sayers all rebelling against "this gem" stating: "OH!" all the screen shots and ingame movie sequences released we're being privied to are nothing but CGI using 3-D Studio Max..." nothing really is in the works. NOBODY can produce a game with that LOD.

WHAT A bunch crying uniformed fools. "HA! HA! HA!"

I'm glad I don't take the word of no-nothings and wanabes seriously. "STAY OUT OF THE ARTIST WORLD!"

First time I was beholdened to the images. I knew something unique was in the works.

A few choice words

... "shut up and drool!"

There are those that innovate and the rest follow like sheep and I can't wait for this game myself.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

my two cents
Apr 17, 2002, 16:58
my two cents Apr 17, 2002, 16:58
Apr 17, 2002, 16:58

Such idol optimism for a game designed under reasonable pricing for distribution.

I'll be honest fellas.

I purchased H&D and the expansion and had nay problemas...

... and to be honest, I give kudos to anyone (i.e. "developers") that have the balls to institute multiple player modes in any game (especially cooperative mode). Beside I know I exist in my own settings for this cmment but in My opinion.. for that era H&D and Codename Eagle were pretty good Damn games. At least 5 star winners in my heart.

Can't wait to H&D II if it ever sees the light of day.

I think some people like to complain for the sake of hereing their voice. My system(s) rarely have the inabilty to play a game unless there's something really stupid I've neglected or just a total lack of developer product empathy.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Mar 21, 2002, 21:29
No subject Mar 21, 2002, 21:29
Mar 21, 2002, 21:29

I don't understand, why they didn't just license the engine technology from "The Sims" and convert "it" into the malcontent. Sometimes career can become a bit boring in comparison to... "CARNAGE!"

MUHA HAHA HA :))
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Whatever?????
Mar 21, 2002, 01:34
Whatever????? Mar 21, 2002, 01:34
Mar 21, 2002, 01:34

Well,

Since I seem to have nack for enciting morale decay and unrighteous bantering. I need to throw in my two cents worth.

"he he!"

First off. I didn't buy the "punk-ass-bitch!" game "Max Payne" because, it looked like a pile of stink, aswell I don't get my rocks of watching some turd imitate Mickey Rourke in a perpetual state of flatulant pergatory. On top of playing up to the hearts of the Clintonian era momma's boys...

no gore or body parts. "How GAY!"

Second... I really don't know who this imagineless, wittless, wannabe knight in shinning armor to the gaming world is...

"SCOTT MILLER"

But, maybe he needs to shut the F#@$-UP and and stop tossing pencils at the "Ceiling-of-desperation" and realize he's watching an illusion of himself floating in that beach ball sized snot ball trumpeting from his left nostril and get to the business of something he obviously can't do very well.

Design a game engine.

As for Team 3DRealms. I'm sure we'll hear about the exudos soon enough, just like the cowards at Dynamix who locked the doors on their dev team.

Duke Nukem forever????? RIGHT and I could care less about another woman kicking ass. I'd like to see some chic do some of the dumb ass things I do... but we won't get into that.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Laura Croft... I'll take that :)
Mar 20, 2002, 22:54
Laura Croft... I'll take that :) Mar 20, 2002, 22:54
Mar 20, 2002, 22:54

Well, I don't mind admitting to my fantasies or disagreeing with any closeted or outspoken readers here. But ...

count me in for this one.

Looks good, feels good, and so what if her tits aren't as jolly as Santa's belly.

At least the game is fun and is without the fan fare required to the much anticpated "white elephant..."

Ummmmmmm???? Duke Nukem forever???? as if that game is still is development.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re:
Feb 25, 2002, 01:35
Re: Feb 25, 2002, 01:35
Feb 25, 2002, 01:35

Thank you for taking note of my use of pausing "...". I noticed you are quite adept at the use of the comma. Make sure you are not creating run-ons and make use of parenthesis when focusing on a ket interest of the subject.

I kinda went on a few tangents here and there, but it's all relative.

I can't believe you weren't blown away by RTCW???? "Great FPS!" What more can you ask for??? those axe wielding crypt keepers gave me the "Heebie Jeebies!"

Just out of curiosity, what *is* your idea of a decent game (personally I could care less if its polygons or bitmaps... as long as it plays well)?

Aside from that .. Carnivores is a fun game if you like hunting without the cleanup and of course just the general fear factor it instills when the damn Sabre-tooth or Wolves catch ya by surprise . I myself wouldn't harm "aye?" "aye?" "ummmmmm?" "Hmmmmmmmm..."

"... FLY!" "???"

But, give me a polygonal mockup and I'm Mr. Browning himself.

I'm finished... got work to do

Sumpai Jumpa Lagi

Auf Wedershen oder "tschuss!" macht nicht bie mir

Terima kasih sangat lebih...

Avoir
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"Incredible???????""
Feb 24, 2002, 21:05
"Incredible???????"" Feb 24, 2002, 21:05
Feb 24, 2002, 21:05

You would think in this immense world of circumstances and potential hits and misses that some of the fools pissing in the wind about what Substantiates a good game versus a bad...

.... Would get a clue and realize.

Sometimes it doesn't take the epic budget(s) of "Titanic" and "Jurassic Park" to produce an experience that is just *pure* fun...

... you know appeal???

I paid $14.00 USD for each of the Carnivores series and $19.00 for Serious Sam and enjoyed them if not more than MOHAA (not as much as RTCW). Needless to say what happened to Duke????? what a joke...

... And I might add that I'm a hell of a shot and not a red neck ("ha ha!")

So...???? I could care less how much a game cost for retail participation. At least, "it" Carnivores, doesn't require the defacto featurettes to make it run...

... Speaking of which it would be a damn shame if Nvidia fell flat or their ass for impropriety... As well John Carmack has the best point on graphics API rendering... OpenGL

"Don't let the OS restrict the ability to render!" the DOS games never had such liabilites. And I know DOS and Virtual mode are "two" (correction not "to" but "two") differ things.. So I don't want to hear it.

Back to the original point. Carnivores "KICKED ASS!"
because it was simply fun... what a lot of non-substantense games, movies lack... especially the cheessy Jet Li flicks ("GAG!")

So, I'll buy it... I only want to have fun.. Gaming isn't my living... got better things to do

later

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 21:13.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"WOW!"
Oct 21, 2001, 18:09
"WOW!" Oct 21, 2001, 18:09
Oct 21, 2001, 18:09

I've been MIA for sometime which I regret, but I am one who most defintely has more going on in life than waiting for the next cure for this diarreheaic obssession with a better OS Application interface:

1) what happened with BEOS? "wasn't it suppose to rival something?"
2) what happened to Amiga's jump to java? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
3) Screw Linux and yes I am well versed at using it
4) Macs... no comment
5) Lastly Windows. This is big brother in full effect.. and you're a fool if you registered your name with MS Passport. I garauntee the majority of technophiles have done so. "Look Out!"

In lieu of the WTC disaster, the US/ England Attacking Afghanistan as some form of retribution (when all I'd need is a Barret .50, a Sorovoski 1000m scope and I could put whom ever is up to this B.S. out of business), and a teetering economy in the US coupled with my need to travel to a third world country and live like a king. I'm reading here about some of the hopelessly pathetic socially deprived unimpressive delusional Comupter Science elite... "HA HA!"

"What a joke!"

Some of these reputed geniuses (which I clearly doubt if they can even wipe their own asses with any hint of intelligence) belittling the efforts of commonfolk are themselves just as limited by the very environment they delve in prove to me you have some intelligence (I realize you're sentient... but of the morally worst kind.. you're human)...

a few points: systems are just as distant from whence they derived (110/220 volts silicon basedboards to separate alloy circuits), automobiles still require large sums of fuel, coding is as obtruse and buggy as it ever was, and I could care less about the time it takes to develop games now because some you programmers are just lame. Microsoft Com based network discovering object oriented garbage is polifaerating networks with so much crap the simple task of communicating from one machine to antoher has become the site of the ease of passing along signatures that enable viruses to spread like a fart in the wind. Need I say more "NIMDA"

A pentium 4 is a joke. On top of the assumed performance improvement huh??, it's heat output and lower operating voltages along with some mainboards that have left behind standard PCI/ AGP bus volt requirements. PC Cases have some how reverted back to near monolithic refigerator size chassises to keep a chip the size of my big toe cool.

okay, let's get to this Linux virtual machine application...

excuse me Blue, but, I can't come up with a better Intellectual means of despensing my feeling on this issue...

... "SO FUCKING WHAT!"

"If I use it so be!" "if not, so be it also!" Damn operating systems aren't my entire life and I do business in so many areas I don't even care about this marked improvement on something that is some Computer Science Major's hard-on. If I've been keeping the score correctly... games aren't exactly rolling out with earth shattering results.

I can't excatly find the thread that caused the slandering going on, but, I just thought I take a mob rules mentality and vent my thoughts

"WHEW!"

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 18:19.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

My 2 cents...
Sep 4, 2001, 02:10
My 2 cents... Sep 4, 2001, 02:10
Sep 4, 2001, 02:10

Face it fellas...

Nvidia still thinks the U.S is a Goldmine for selling innovation that no one can take avantage of in our stalling economy. The japanese are getting a hard lesson in: "don't get to confident in thinking that Americans will buy any crap sold over the counter just because it's gimmicked." I feel sorry for the bastards overseas, But it's about time the lies caught up with the technology. Although I just picked up three awesome Animes this weekend: Jin-roh, Spriggan, and Blood. "WHOA!"

Half the companies reputting the tech in their games are either pushing daisies or stuck in limbo because their ambitions far exceeded their abilities... I call it: "An ice age comeith"

Was Max Payne really that great? or was it just another wishful block buster. Personally I bought a Dell Laptop with DVD capabilities and TV ouput and I'm calling it a day.
it probably took advantage of some 30% of the Nvidia chipset feature sets.. maybe 40 if it's luck. Because Photoshop can do wonders.

Hopefully a few good dev shops will make something of their projects. But, good gamimg seams to be lacking the one component that keeps me coming back for more. "FUN!"

I feel like I'm contributing money to socialist forecast that yields no results when delivered, much like going out to movies have lost their sex appeal.

Nvidia. they're full of it. I have Geforce II, MX cards etc.etc.. and not ONE game really makes use of the all the feature of this White Elephant, the Geforce 3 or 31/2 or what ever. I'm just going to sit back relax watch my money accumulate in the bank and watch the PC/ techno babble tank out. because none of these guys are on the same sheet of music except for "Never Winters Night" .. maybe Duke if Infogrames dosen't have a coronary.

Anyway... ti's a good thing they're releasing this hog wash in england first.. because I'm not touching tech taht only 2% of the market place is taking advantage of just to become obselete 6 months after installation.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Boy...
Aug 21, 2001, 12:42
Re: Boy... Aug 21, 2001, 12:42
Aug 21, 2001, 12:42

Not just better and better. It will be the "end all be all" of RPG's.

Nintendo, Playstion, take notes
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Dungeon...."SNEEZE!" ..."Achooooo!"
Aug 16, 2001, 22:03
Dungeon...."SNEEZE!" ..."Achooooo!" Aug 16, 2001, 22:03
Aug 16, 2001, 22:03

"Aghhhhhh!"

Who cares about Dungeon Siege?

Never Winter Nights is going to clean house on the momma's boy MMORPG's (forgot the 's ) ... mark my illustrious words.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 22:06.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No subject
Aug 16, 2001, 17:26
No subject Aug 16, 2001, 17:26
Aug 16, 2001, 17:26

"Woooo!" "Whoo!"

original vision.. Dave Georgeson the coffee sipp'in smooth talker locked out of office. I'm with you Bloodwolf.

nothing more amusing

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 17:28.
-The Dude-

Vic B.
279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older