279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Let's hear it for Deutschland..
Feb 7, 2005, 11:00
Let's hear it for Deutschland.. Feb 7, 2005, 11:00
Feb 7, 2005, 11:00

HA HA

Well put.

I never agreed with Vavle's method of forcing me to connect to the internet to activate a game after which I've paid for. And further more if I don't feel the need to run updates I shouldn't be forced into the malware STEAM constantly trying to append their needs ("their" being Valve).

And what gets my goat the most is the total dickless faggots out there that agree with this kind of surreptitious policy.

I agree though, something needs to be done about blatant piracy. But FUCK this horse shit. If I decide to install this app on another system, which I am about to do. Due to the incessant need to upgrade my fucking hardware and redeploy MS Windows XP Pro to another box from my RIS server running M$.

I think as a courtesy... Wait!" I mean as an OBLIGATION, Valve needs to send us quote:"legal responsible owners" of Half Life 2 a link to a binary that we can download and activate our product offline as we need.

End of story

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 11:58.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

No news is good news
Jan 26, 2005, 17:37
No news is good news Jan 26, 2005, 17:37
Jan 26, 2005, 17:37

George Brossard has 3Drealms under the thumb of his delusional mockery. George "the vidiot" still believes he can capture the fandom of the yester years and is trying to convince the public and his company to partake in his neo-vietnam flashback episodes he lives through every waking moment of consciousness he breathes at his desk and bedroom.

I knew he'd be chasing every tech engine that comes the way of the western sun. "What a moron!"

I guess once the Doom 3 games sales sputtered George starts salivating again at the upsurge in game sales from Half-Life 2 and whining: "UOO!" "UOOO!" "I want that engine!"

Just give us the link to the Mod'ers. Duke Nukem is dead. The Mod team would probably do a much better job than the afterbirth that left over from 3Drealms Duke Nukem dev departures anyway.

Man, that comment: "When it's done", can really bitch slap you in the face when you haven't anything to show forth.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

edit: Propagandi, request acknowledged :). Thank you
This comment was edited on Jan 26, 18:21.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: No subject
Jan 1, 2005, 20:03
Re: No subject Jan 1, 2005, 20:03
Jan 1, 2005, 20:03

Well, considering the "Jurassic Park Mod" is being developed in/ on foriegn territory. I think US domestic attorneys/ Laws can make as much noise as they'd like but it wouldn't stop anything.

International borders have a different policy. I see plenty of titles in foriegn countries in distribution, over the net for sale, and nothings haulted those.

I'm not a betting man on wacky things such as this, but I can foresee this Mod seeing the light of day.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 20:09.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Death To Sequels
Dec 30, 2004, 20:06
Re: Death To Sequels Dec 30, 2004, 20:06
Dec 30, 2004, 20:06

Advise not taken. 'Cain'

1) so what if you're half German does that make you any more qualified on facts.

2) I speak german does that make me German too?

3) The Loon that I am did nothing to entertain your facts or link. As far as I'm concerned I was in the ballpark: "father of the atomic bomb". He: meaning Oppenheimer, put together the team that created the weapon.

If I'm a troll you're a jackass because you clearly felt like you had something over me. So go back to your barn you looser.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Dec 30, 2004, 17:39
Re: Death To Sequels Dec 30, 2004, 17:39
Dec 30, 2004, 17:39

"Shut up!" dude.. I see you had to look that up. Don't waste your time giving me any instructions. I already know my history. I garauntee you he would say:"I'm German" But, he probably wouldn't admit it considering the circumstances of the 1940's.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 17:41.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Dec 30, 2004, 17:18
Re: Death To Sequels Dec 30, 2004, 17:18
Dec 30, 2004, 17:18

'OldScho0l' you need to explain yourself when you speak of where the Soviets quote:"got their supplies"

and I'll let you in on a little known fact Farmer Ted... least you forget? The US absorbed a large number of the Nazi genuis and scientist into their "cough!" "cough!" free-willed society. As well as many AMERICAN corporations and wealthy families turning a blind eye to the ills of Nazi ruled Deutschland (now the BDR).

How the Fuck do you think the Gotdamn Atomic Bomb was created by a "GERMAN" [Oppenheimer "the father of the atomic Bomb"]. Radar technology, rocket technology, germ warfare, jet engines (yeah the UK was close but no cigar).

it's stifling American egotistical pigs like you and a few sorted others that make issues like we read on non related matters turning them into race bashing issue. America is no greater than the genuis it steals from other countries.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 17:21.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

would you like fries with that shake..
Dec 30, 2004, 13:03
would you like fries with that shake.. Dec 30, 2004, 13:03
Dec 30, 2004, 13:03

"HELL YEAH FRANCE!"

KICK AMERCIA IN IT'S WONDER BREAD. "PRET TOJOURS PRET!"

I love this kind of news.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 13:05.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Just a simple question?
Dec 1, 2004, 12:46
Just a simple question? Dec 1, 2004, 12:46
Dec 1, 2004, 12:46

Will this lastest SDK and Deathmatch Mod ever be released as a standalone binary/exe on a mirror so I don't have to use steam?

As well any other previous updates.

Steam is like an umbilicle cord I can't get rid of
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: What stutter?
Nov 26, 2004, 04:16
Re: What stutter? Nov 26, 2004, 04:16
Nov 26, 2004, 04:16

Hey 'c r i s p y',

Thanksgiving was quite a long, stuffing ordeal. Just got home and saw your reply.

Yes. Actually there are several alternatives out there to incorporate diskless booting to an MS Domain/NIS or IP or Peer network. Most of the solution I've seen are quite expensive, I believe $5,000.00 to $25,000.00 per site seats? Granted Symantec Ghost imaging is less expensive on the low end requirement (and has it's limitations). But who the hell wants to ghost a new system? When you can network boot a new workstation or server anywhere in the world without a floppy, USB device, or cdrom based for any standard or non-standard hardware config.

There *WAS* an open source product developed by two swiss students that could work with any operating system as long as you were willing to modify it yourself (not selling it for profit) and communicate with other users in the forum and inform them of what actions to take to overcome undocument issues with Unix/Dos/Windows/Mac boot environments. Unfortunately, helping ended up being quite non-productive because everyone had questions, but no one reciprocated any common courtesy to reply to those that helped them. So I gave up helping people with their Windows 2003,2000,NT4.0, Cisco and other OS problems. They just didn't listen or care. lots of foriegners also frequented the forum. It was hilarious some of the question they had. But, it's all good.

Now the product is owned by a swiss business. Is no longer free and very expensive and if you don't have the source from the original project you are stuck with the status quo (Microsoft, Symantec or them). Personally I enjoy building any system or working on any system anywhere in the world by simple commands at my finger tips. Sending magic packets to WOL compliant systems and building away.

"i.e. breaking the rules... NO LIMITS"

Anyway, if you are looking for something... I can tell you were to go. Email or your choice.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Nov 25, 2004, 12:55
Re: What stutter? Nov 25, 2004, 12:55
Nov 25, 2004, 12:55

Ha, Ha.. what do you mean 'c r i s p y'? I'm using that OS that microsoft has so graciously given us the right to use called Windows XP professional (XP build 2600). And my own modified version of a UNIX based Network Installation AP thanks to the fellas from Geneva, Switzerland.

You know diskless installs and stuff with scripted installations???

I give Microsoft RIS the finger because it only supports Window NT variant images. I like the freedom of use for Unix/Linux variations and DOS and Windows family for 16 bit to 32 (soon 64 bit).

I hope/think I answered your question???

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 14:32.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Nov 24, 2004, 13:59
Re: What stutter? Nov 24, 2004, 13:59
Nov 24, 2004, 13:59

Well, As I have said: "I have yet to experience any audio clipping issues." The gaming system I am using currently has embedded audio set to a quad/ surround system environment and the transition of sound is seamless. "OH!" one important point. I don't defrag the Drive. Not that I'm saying I am against it.

And 'JosephBlowski' I never play my HalfLife 2 sessions connected to the net. I always turn off steam (matter a fact I checked off the box for steam to run at startup) in the offline mode. It's always smooth sailing for me. I tested the CS source and that ran fine to.

Next. I'll be networking booting a new install of Windows XP Pro to measure the performance differential of SATA vs ATA.

Like it's a big deal.

I'd prefer some 10,000 rpm SATA drives but I don't think Western Digital makes a good product. And that being the only one on the market that I know of, I'll pass.

Least I forget 'JosephBlowski'. Maybe you should test out embedded audio. My assertion is because the Intel chipsets and audio chipset share the same parallel tasking bus, the mainboard gives all embedded devices the same priority. Therefore balanced perfomance.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

What stutter?
Nov 24, 2004, 13:22
What stutter? Nov 24, 2004, 13:22
Nov 24, 2004, 13:22

Well,

I read about all of the in game stuttering problems and scratch my head thinking... WHAT THE FUCK are these people talking about?

One of my system's is configured as follows:
CPU - Pentium 2.8 Ghz 512 cache
Memory - 512 Mb DDR-1
Harddisk - ATA 7200 rpm 2 Mb bfr 60 Gb HDD
Video - BFG AGP Nvidia 5700 Ultra (1.5 vlt)
Audio - Realtek/ AC97
Chipset - Intel 865G

API references
Windows XP Pro SP2 (with my own much custimized registry settings)
Direct X 9.0c
Nvidia ref ver 61.77
and of course no virus protection running in the background... My Enterprise server takes care of that

My HF2 settings are maxed on everything except AA (that's set to 4X) and water reflection (that's set to water only).

I recieve no stuttering or audio problems, except for, maybe when the game transitions to the next Linear map level and that's only a second. If that even counts as a stutter? Other than that the game runs fine for me. My only complaint is I probably need to turn my mouse speed down a bit.

I just ordered a couple SATA HDD so I will see if I get a peak in perfomance there. I doubt it though.

update: just recieved the SATA drives this morning, thanks to FED-EX ground. So I've got some work to do aside from other projects.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 13:38.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"this is a joke!"
Nov 19, 2004, 23:06
"this is a joke!" Nov 19, 2004, 23:06
Nov 19, 2004, 23:06

What ever these guys are talking about, it doesn't work.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Steam and big brother
Nov 17, 2004, 22:08
Steam and big brother Nov 17, 2004, 22:08
Nov 17, 2004, 22:08

To be frank,

I really had no problems with the any of the processes the Steam client took me through. It took maybe, 15 mins. Albeit I took special note to the directory the install wizard creates as the root directory for all data regarding HalfLife. It seems all products are binded to the Steam engine regardless. Case in point: uninstall Steam, loose the ability to play the game ("I would imagine?").

similairly like microsoft and I.E.

Now that I'm up an running I play the game with the Steam client in the offline mode or closed. I want nothing to do with my PC being chatted with.

Next, I purchased the CD rom edition by mistake because I fought the ignorance of store clerks and my own lack of information in trying to figure out what warranted the DVD edition. Only to find out, after purchasing, that safedisk is used to protect data on the first track of CDRom edition to prevent it from being converted to the DVD "HL2_1" disk. I dunno? I guess I saved myself an extra expenditure

In the end I'm glad I purchased the CD version because at least I can reinstall the product as many times as I'd like to a new system... "or whatever!" As opposed to the sucker deal some got out of downloading 4.3 Gigs of data across the bandwidth challenged US Ethernet. And lets not forget those suckers that if they loose a system they'll pretty much kiss away 49 - 89 dolloars they used for something they don't own anymore.

lastly, I admit. I AM for protecting the rights of artist and the likes for whom deserve being paid their fairly earned market value based on a product. In the same sense do exercise caution not standing by and allowing a compnay to have access to my every purpose, descision, and move I make regarding a product "I OWN!" "I paid for!" Since when does ownership become a matter of choice by virtue of the manufacturer after the purchaser has paid for agreed cost? It used to be when you purchase the product, it's yours or mine to do what ever I so please: whether I wipe my ass with it, throw it in the middle of the lake or burn it outside the store front I just bought it from 2 minutes ago.

Valve has truely stepped into the world both figuratively and materially of an Orwellian dictate. It's nice that they've made a game that uses the same premise as their paranoid mindset. But now they themselves are forcing this same mind-numbing watchdog bullshit on us, the consumer. Just like their bed buddy, Micro(soft)manage.

I was appauled that I'd have to sit and swallow the big pill to enjoy MY fucking game.

So my point? I will surely enjoy my brand, spanking new, copy of Half Life 2 I've purchased, LEGALLY. But... and there's a big B-U-T (seeing quite literally as Gabes "Behind" is so obstensively big). I can't wait to see how many hacked copies of this game comes about. Hackers of the world... "DO YOUR STUFF"

The steam mechanism is an insult to ones intelligence and this just proves that the meek are thumbing the alpha's of society in the eye.

To end this on a humorous note. The character ALYX has quiet an ass and body. I think that's the only lure that keeps me going through the game just to see her again (following her ass around like some drunken bumblebee). And yes I play on the Hard level setting.

It's so funny how eventually life always reverts to imitating art.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 22:11.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

I GET IT
Sep 10, 2004, 02:37
I GET IT Sep 10, 2004, 02:37
Sep 10, 2004, 02:37

Duke Nukem Forever is the ubiquitous urban legend of the PC gaming world.

in other words if it's vaporware, the dictionary will highlight with great emphasis the word "3DRealms".
In my opinion the only thing that's forever is the perennial lip flapping coming from 3drealm's George Broussard

Does this dude ever stop... FUCK hasn't it been damn near a decade?
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"RIGHT!"
Sep 10, 2004, 02:26
"RIGHT!" Sep 10, 2004, 02:26
Sep 10, 2004, 02:26

WOW! This event is almost worthy of me rising from my grave to clear the dust from lungs and giving a little chuckle.

I have only one thing to say to George B: "give up"
-The Dude-

Vic B.

I only have one thing to say...
Jul 23, 2004, 21:37
I only have one thing to say... Jul 23, 2004, 21:37
Jul 23, 2004, 21:37

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT?

WTF
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Playstation Music vs Doom 3
Jul 19, 2004, 14:35
Playstation Music vs Doom 3 Jul 19, 2004, 14:35
Jul 19, 2004, 14:35

Personally, when I heard the excerpt for the Doom 3 title music, my jaw dropped and I felt bewildered. It sounded like nothing on earth I could recognize or relate to.

Too be honest, it sounded like J-U-N-K.

Now... when I think about the essence of what kept me hooked on the original Doom, it was rally only one thing. The ambient sounds of the Sony Playstation 1's Doom CD and the start and ending title compositions. It by far had the most effective use of nail biting sounds.

This is only my opinion, and you all know how opinions go? I think Doom 3 music should be a composition on the level of an atmospheric classical symphony with the use of synthesizers (giving it that tingle factor). Not some Grunge-rock orgy that sounds like kids in garage playing to their own acid rythm.

Like I said before, my first reaction was jaw gaped and eyes widen to the sounds of barbaric tones.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

This is no news??
Jun 7, 2004, 15:49
This is no news?? Jun 7, 2004, 15:49
Jun 7, 2004, 15:49

This is a classic,

I can feel secure in knowing that not reading this article: 1) is not informing me of anything I don't already know, 2) is in the same state it's always been and leaves everyone at some point a near decade ago in anticipation of pretty much realizing the sum of the this total moronic festival of chatter that has become 3Drealm's nemesis...? So, All I need to do is simply release a spontaneous bit of emotion that I feel meets the weight of this blurb...

"HA HA HA HA HA HA"

"I can see George Broussard banging on the door for the Doom 3 Engine considering the flop Unreal's engine based games have been."
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Novalogic???
Jun 5, 2004, 13:50
Novalogic??? Jun 5, 2004, 13:50
Jun 5, 2004, 13:50

"Got Damn!"

I didn't know novalogic was still in business? I thought they went the way of the dodo bird
-The Dude-

Vic B.
279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older