Descending
Limit Results:

279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jun 18, 2003, 23:31
Re: No subject Jun 18, 2003, 23:31
Jun 18, 2003, 23:31

You know the English, they have this thing for pomp and circumstances.

Always serious but underneath they are just trying to get attention. They want someone that can get the job done, regardless.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Bill O'Reilly is never wrong.
Jun 18, 2003, 20:42
Re: Bill O'Reilly is never wrong. Jun 18, 2003, 20:42
Jun 18, 2003, 20:42

While I am suspect of the legitimacy of your post, The dude, I must say that you definately got your money's worth on that thesaurus.

HA HA HA... You're funny.

You know, these are natural words for me buddy.. I have high and low gears for my thinking. Every once in a while I check my spelling. but as you've seen form my examples.For the most part I throw caution to the wind.

Also there was a point where I would mix my histories up a little bit when I was younger, in my zealousy to express myself. Because I always liked debating issues after I performed horribly in a mock government group. Afterwards. I've learned since those errors in my ways.

I only speak the truth hence the name "DUDE!" and that's not because I spend the better parts of my afternon smoking large quantities of ganga.

I'm not perfect though
-The Dude-

Vic B.

one more point
Jun 18, 2003, 20:28
one more point Jun 18, 2003, 20:28
Jun 18, 2003, 20:28

I forget which country that was that was going through upheavals. But, the conclusion was kill all the educators, scholars, doctors, lawyers and senators to flush the country of corruption. HMMMMMMMMMMMM????? sounds like something only a Roman society would say. Romans even went as far as burning up libraries to erase portions of written history... the Nazis did that to? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

It's obvious there is a bit of an elitess battle going on on this board. Class versuses Class

Anyway.. My point. The US will eventually cave in on itself with this expansive, greedy deprecating avangelistic mode it's taken for need to place control on ever aspect of autonomous and soveriegn living. Bribing, and bullying countries into cowtow behavior. That's Politics... Right????

I hope the Parliment fries PM Blair.. he's looking mighty nervous. Bush isn't too far behind with his sinister grinch like contortions.

see how politics becomes? and us against them thinking. that's the sad part.

and McCarthyism.. excuse me for leaving out a F*&%ing "C"

Inconclusion. WDMs or copyright infrignment what's the difference some one always gets fucked in the end. Whether it's the Author or the User.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 20:48.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Bill O'Reilly is never wrong.
Jun 18, 2003, 19:54
Re: Bill O'Reilly is never wrong. Jun 18, 2003, 19:54
Jun 18, 2003, 19:54

Jedi .. you proved what a exacerbating fool you are, by in one breath verbalizing your disgust at my use of Anglo kin langauge. Then giving me kudos for creating a Colloquialism.

isn't that a bit ironic and irrational on your part?

"IF!" you are the quintessentual? JEDI???? Then you proved what a impromtu pompous B class idiot you are. The JEDI help not hinder

Next. If you want to know the truth. I don't like/ let alone trust politics because it serves typically one purpose. Serving the interest of long term plans and far reaching goals in keeping one tribe besieged and another on top. Do you're history "JEDI".

I'm interested in history and other cultures effect on indegenious people and world matters... you, are of another concern...????

I personally like spending my time watching wishful thinkers berate Noam Chomsky and what a wacko he is assumed to be for his political views. Myself personally, I've been to a few countries he's commented on and seen what Western Civilzation had to offer. Please take note I use that in a past tense term *HAD*

Last. I make perfect sense to anyone on this board. You simply choose to attack me in areas that you assume I'm weak in.

keep it coming.. this is fun.

I think you dislike the simple terms that I use that doesn't plagiarize some other writers or critics sentences and I still manage covey the message even the common man can comprehend...

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 20:00.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Bill O'Reilly vs the Internet
Jun 18, 2003, 15:08
Re: Bill O'Reilly vs the Internet Jun 18, 2003, 15:08
Jun 18, 2003, 15:08

"SO you presume to know what's a better perspective?"

Actually, in my opinion you sound like a communist. Bill Maher was taken off the air because of closeted republican right winged controlled corporate management.

Matter of fact, in the world of employment you can't keep a job if you don't dress the part andbehave like the good little solider. You're labeled: conformist or non-conformist.

I indured that shit in the military and still kicked ass and still recieved medals and promotions. So it is possible to be different within respect and succeed.

The best inspiration came from left of center thinking. matter of fact the success of most business stemmed from being different more than the established choices. You are a real fool. We wouldn't have planes, trains and automoblies if weren't for competition and someone having the courage to be different.

Today we have a different kind of problem... the GREEDY and COMPLACENT. it's obvious which you are.

so step off my mountian you female "SHEEP!"

-Spanker has just been Spanked, "Exposing the REAL Sheep"

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 15:33.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Orrin Hatch...
Jun 18, 2003, 14:02
Orrin Hatch... Jun 18, 2003, 14:02
Jun 18, 2003, 14:02

What an admission of stupidity this guy has embarked on. while he's busy ripping the US off with pork-belly projects and politicians committing a litenany of infrignments. He thinks the public should sit idley by while industry corrals us into corporate hegemony.

Granted I am all for artist being duely rewarded for their contributions. But in this new age Mcarthyism, poking us in the eye. especially to those of us with some semblence of intelligence.

Blue almost hit it right with his comment ". My thought is to counter this with a proposal that causes Senators' cars to break down should they be suspected of engaging in illegal or illicit activities... it would be fun to see all these stuffed shirts waiting by the side of the road to get their limos towed."

My sentiments are from a different perspective... How about this? As much as these politicians are paid and recieve via improprietous ventures. Why don't they deliver something that works and is not some frankenstein solution. Then agian politics is simply legalized crime.

in other words: "let us ejoy a little impropriety that cost us nothing because they are the ones benefiting from a daily revenue stream called taxes."

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 14:12.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

WTF
Jun 16, 2003, 21:04
WTF Jun 16, 2003, 21:04
Jun 16, 2003, 21:04

doesn't look like tribes to me
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: grrr >:(
Jun 12, 2003, 13:43
Re: grrr >:( Jun 12, 2003, 13:43
Jun 12, 2003, 13:43

Anyone still confused about why tech companies outsource their programming, support and mfg to India and Eastern Europe?

"Nope".. It's been established you can get more mileage with less US dollars employing foreign talent. Sweat shops are alive and well since the WTO. It's sort of a contradiction of terms now.

As US company pays a foreign owned business, a shit obligation, and the foreign businessman maintains the level of productivity. The US company keeps it's hands clean

So if some of folks are wondering why is it so hard to get a job or reap investment revenue..there you go.

Why pay you the local citizen 45,000.00 60,000.00 or even 100,000+ a year. When you the businessman can feel honor employing some depressed country's citizens 4000.00 bucks a year :D.. "Capitolism at it's best!"

Dell does.. "HELL!" everybody does???

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 13:45.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

same here
Jun 6, 2003, 19:32
same here Jun 6, 2003, 19:32
Jun 6, 2003, 19:32

I was wondering also.. seems to be the unfortunate conclusion to draw at times when projects seem to go into a literary abyss.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 01:27.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"I LIKE IT!"
Jun 2, 2003, 19:27
"I LIKE IT!" Jun 2, 2003, 19:27
Jun 2, 2003, 19:27

Painkiller looks very very entertaining...

bears a kinship with "Blood" except better graphics and interesting cultic creatures. I can't wait.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: Hold? rather, Destroy...
Jun 1, 2003, 20:16
Re: Hold? rather, Destroy... Jun 1, 2003, 20:16
Jun 1, 2003, 20:16

"DAMN!"

"What the hell were you trying to say ARISE??????"

I damn near had an anurism.. HA HA HA HA

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 20:17.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

to hop n skip....
May 29, 2003, 18:12
to hop n skip.... May 29, 2003, 18:12
May 29, 2003, 18:12

That's a nice retort George made...

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=7653819

I don't know if it does anything for him... BUT? at least he not letting anyone smear his name.

This comment was edited on May 29, 18:29.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

"THE DUKE IS DEAD!"
May 29, 2003, 18:05
"THE DUKE IS DEAD!" May 29, 2003, 18:05
May 29, 2003, 18:05

This is really amusing... I remember when Brandon "greenmarine" Reinhart, and George "the almighty" Broussard tried to tear into me one day about matters concerning gaming.

Needless to say I was a thorn in George's side.. he just couldn't win.. "HA HA HA!"

"I even went as far as saving those charished battles for some serendipitous moments just like this." I'm sure blue has some of those archived in the annuls of "The Dude"

"WOW!"

I figured this much... it would actually be a bitch slap on all of us if 3DR team retooled Duke4ever because they went through the backdoor and licesned the half-Life 2 engine...

But I'll just settle for quoting a now infamous line: "Duke Nukem Whenever"

So I'll part with these fitting words: "WHO'S YA DADDY!"

This comment was edited on May 29, 18:14.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

GEEZ.. if it's that bad...
May 23, 2003, 22:26
GEEZ.. if it's that bad... May 23, 2003, 22:26
May 23, 2003, 22:26

Why are you fellas so persistent on downloading it?

I mean, these are very interesting comments. I personally never saw anything appealing about BREED aside from the name. I'm gald I kept my CD rom of "Dogs of War." Now, that was a crap game. But, it had some interesting elements.

"OH HUM!"

I'll save my money for fall season and buy a new 3 gig system with a 21" monitor and a Radeon 9800 and Nvidia FX 5900. Don't have time to waste on these corney demos coming out nowadays.

This comment was edited on May 23, 22:28.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: wasd
May 22, 2003, 17:39
Re: wasd May 22, 2003, 17:39
May 22, 2003, 17:39

"AMAZING!" I didn't think anyone out there took affection for that Belkin nightmare. That's so funny

the N50 gamepad.. I deleted it just as fast as I configured it because it's IO was so slow to my reactions
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: self-destructing DVDs
May 17, 2003, 13:58
Re: self-destructing DVDs May 17, 2003, 13:58
May 17, 2003, 13:58

Wishing Earth could kick our asses for all the crap we give it,

don't have to worry about that Ray.

that's coming sooner than we want it too. I'll just be sitting back on my private little island watching governments and citizens fight over the reality of what comic book hero or shifty business mogel want to portray as mother earth starts to sink.

This comment was edited on May 17, 17:53.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

DVDs hark hark
May 17, 2003, 13:32
DVDs hark hark May 17, 2003, 13:32
May 17, 2003, 13:32

This DVD Will Self-Destruct. Wonder if Circuit City will sell these?

"He he!" I'm not much worried about this lame approach to circumventing DVD enthusist.

1) I never rent because: a: me being of the male single species b: I never return a rentals back in time to avoid significant late charges. I realize long ago the fees I spend in missing the return dates I could have owed the DVD. Needless to say I have quite an impressive collection of DVDs

2) if it is made by man, there is ALWAYS a way to diffuse it.. as long as it's not a detonated explosive or falling satelite from the sky. Last I checked there are plenty of methods to rip DVD video media from the disc.. who is Buena Vista fooling:

edit: I am not trying to say I advocate piracy. But, if I feel the need to dupliacte my preaviously owned disc for fear of it degrading or being damaged. "HEY!" a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!"

This comment was edited on May 17, 13:36.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re:
May 15, 2003, 19:29
Re: May 15, 2003, 19:29
May 15, 2003, 19:29

"THAT'S RIGHT!"

I remembered what I was going to say. thanks Xombie

The problem at id is when you have a major turnover of key figures in a idea shop the orginal plans no longer are the same and the company becomes diluted if not dilussional.

it's obvious id is really hurt without the original magic it had.. all the egos have left. So now the air has been released. id is just a shell of what it was. It took a couple of years. but too bad we weren't getting the straight story from the x-members.

Now id has to resort to piecing out the talent to other developers because they don't have the inhouse talent. Carmack is but one man... if he leaves. id is history.

Geeez my cold is kicking my ass I haven't been able to work for 3 days

Valve has really rallied its resourses and has no pressure to yield results... I hope some of you have watched the video interview

-The Dude-

Vic B.

This comment was edited on May 15, 19:41.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re:
May 15, 2003, 18:58
Re: May 15, 2003, 18:58
May 15, 2003, 18:58

The skeletal system is something you apply to all 3D models so they will have limitations to their movement that way an object doesn't do something too unnatural (according to the way we experience kinetics).

Someone coined it as:"The Rag Doll System" per the human body being manipulated by the gravity weapon.

Either way a matress behaves like a matress, an animal behaves like an animal, and a chair behaves like a chair.
The deformation is based on other variables of that object so it will interact with a separate physic engine.

and Xombie? Not to seem like I am totally turning my back on the light of Doom III. "BUT!"after viewing all the Half-Life 2 movies and downloading the 500Mb interview with Gabe and Jay I am just overwelmed byt the leaps forward VALVE made innovative and technologically. No two people are going to have the same experience with the character AI. Their engine is shrek in a Bottle

DOOM IS DOOMED when this came out sorry guys. id has truely been defanged if all id has to offer is a little shadow and light. Forget that.. The Half Life 2 engine has an AI system that will overshadow the DOOM III engine in it's best days and the modeling system is just unreal.

I'll *MAYBE* buy DOOM III to complete the trilogy. But, it's going straight to the litter bin when HalfLife 2 hits the shelves.

HALF LIFE 2 is were it's at. John had better get back to making rocket engines... maybe he'll win $10 million

as for comparisons my analogy is Doom III is a short story rip-off "The Thing" and "It's alive" horror trip

and HalfLife 2 is like an Isaac Asimov or Ray Bradbury novel Sci-Fi.. fully realized

-The Dude-

Vic B.

"tis a sad day and glorious one"

This comment was edited on May 15, 19:15.
-The Dude-

Vic B.

Re: saves
May 15, 2003, 17:54
Re: saves May 15, 2003, 17:54
May 15, 2003, 17:54

You're right about that dude "MyrealName"

after downloading a few tid bits from Gamespot I have my choices lined up

Doom III
HALFLIFE 2
Hidden & Dangerous 2

The Sims 2 (which looks awesome even if it's a girls game... you fellas need to check out the video)

Commando 3
MGS:Twin snakes
Call of Cthulhu
Duke Nukem "HA HA HA HA!"

the least of my worries is John Carmack back peddling with id shortcomings

This comment was edited on May 15, 19:05.
-The Dude-

Vic B.
279 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ] Older