Aug 9, 2004, 15:36
Re: Defending Doom 3 Aug 9, 2004, 15:36
Aug 9, 2004, 15:36

very true.

Re: Defending Doom 3
Aug 8, 2004, 21:57
Re: Defending Doom 3 Aug 8, 2004, 21:57
Aug 8, 2004, 21:57

give me a fucking break, I can't believe all of you squabling about how bad doomIII is. How about this, if you think it is so bad, DON'T PLAY IT! If you thought about it hard enough you would realize that you can't compare 2 different genres and be hyper critical, I feel justified in saying that considering gabe newell the ceo of valve(one of ID's advisaries)has the same thoughts. Doom 3 runs just fine on my PC with ultra high settings, maybe its time for some people to get a side job and update thier outdated computers. As for thief3 and dues ex2, running both of those games at the highest settings doesn't even compare to Doom3's graphics, why don't you run those games and see how many objects cast a shadow (a reall shadow) if you notice almost every object in doom casts a shadow, try running DuesEx2 and Thief3 at there highest settings, they don't even compare to doom3's graphics. They both use an updated unreal 2 engine. Has any one played unreal 2? would anyone care to comment on how advanced the per pixel shading, shadow buffering, and vertex shaders are? dues ex2 and thief 3 have third party (ion storm) shading technology, and if you notice, its extremely buggy. If you watch Half-life 2 videos you never see really nice detailed lighting and shading, of course the games not out yet. I dont know about any of you but I have never seen better charactor animation in a game, if any of you have, please inform me as to which games have better animation because I would love to see them. AI wasnt the best but I have seen worse in almost every game I have played. Far Cry's AI is good but thats because each enemy is told, via editor, where to hide how agressive to be how far away he can see you etc. tell me something, how often do bots hide or take cover or do anything besides jump around run and shoot in UT2004. "wow, if you put it that way the AI doesnt seem more advanced than even...Quake1"(oh by the way AI is controlled by your CPU Hint, Hint, hint.)The funniest thing about those comments are that I play all of the games of which I speak, and I realize each one has its pros and cons, and every game is unique in its own way, which is why they can all be played. Why are you bitching and moaning its a god damn game. You all sound like a bunch of whiny, ignorant, close minded douche bags, as if you were really hurt by what doom 3 did to you. Well that's alright, for the rest of us with a life, we will be able to go on after doom 3 to see another day, if we liked it well than we stay up everynight with the sound up and the lights off, and those of us who don't will first of all, not buy the game, and second of all wait till the game you want is out -period-

oh, one more thing, TAKE SOME FUCKING ENGLISH AND GRAMER CLASSES!

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older