Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 11:23:
1) HORRIBLE UI. Again, the community will fix that, pronto, but seriously, Bethesda. How does ANYONE in your company think that that is an acceptable UI? Seriously? Having to scroll between weapons, shields AND magic in one table to select what you want to have in your hand? I know you're limited because of the controller, but this is the best you could come up with? As far as I could tell, it wasn't even alphabetical.
2) Graphically it doesn't really look that good, but it's a shitty quality video, and of course it's played on five year old hardware. I just hope Bethesda isn't lying when they say the PC will look better than the console.
3) It did MOVE very smoothly. I was very impressed with the framerate.
4) LOVE the "perks" or whatever for every skill. That's awesome. Should lead to tons of customization and replayability.
5) Swordplay is still weak. You slice a bandit across his chest, blood spurts out, and he doesn't even respond. He doesn't flinch, he doesn't crumple, he just stands there. Maybe he grunted, I couldn't tell. Five years of people telling them how bad the swordplay in Oblivion was, and this is their response. Sigh.
6) The map is FANTASTIC!
All in all, not a terribly impressive video, but I think a lot of it was due to the quality of the video itself. As for the other stuff, eh, it'll be modded out soon enough.
1: You can set up hotkeys / favorites you dont need to scroll through every time. Honestly most people have 1 favorite melee, 1 ranged and maybe 3 or 4 spells they use all the time.
2: As you said Xbox. Get it on PC. Imo xbox is great for NCAA Football / Tigerwoods golf that type of game. Watch any HD gameplay footage though and you will see it really does look pretty damn good even on an xbox.
3,4,5 & 6: Agreed, the combat really dosn't look as natural as id hoped. Its good and all that you can ride a horse more realistic but id take better combat animations anyday.This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2011, 11:46.