Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rudy P

Real Name Rudy P   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Illumin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2004, 18:26
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 21440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Repopulation Rework; Fragmented Announced
3. Re: Repopulation Rework; Fragmented Announced Jan 31, 2016, 19:11 Illumin

bluemmouser wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 16:13:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 15:56:
Good luck moving it to a new engine with the small staff they have. They have effectively killed the game.

If you actually read the article they have effectively resurrected the game. You do realize everything in the video was done from scratch in 2 and a half months? You realize they were using a dead engine stuck in a horrible agreement with HeroEngine? It was either kill the game or do what they did.
Agreed if anything this move saved the game. I think with the new engine they will end up selling more copies than they would of with the Hero engine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
32. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 11:14 Illumin

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 21:22:
Vall Forran wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 20:59:
The "haters" are people that will never play the game. Cutter can go sit on his fist.

You're the hater asshole. Like so many other dicks around here, always stirring up trouble and starting fights for fun. Fuck off, troll.

About spit pepsi out my nose over this one. All you bastards leave Sugar tits alone, he's getting his game face on for some S.C.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2016, 15:17 Illumin

A CEO with white trash class to lazy to Google up EFF.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 1, 2016, 09:34 Illumin

I think that's part of the problem with getting Star Citizen out. Chris Roberts Micro-manages way to much, cutting out any creative freedom from people that are experts in their field. I'm looking forward to S.C but if its a flop its all on Chris Roberts head, no one elses.  

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
16. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 29, 2015, 04:13 Illumin

The boss better start walkn the street and suckn some dick, people need to get paid.

News Comments > French Steam Lawsuit
22. Re: French Steam Lawsuit Dec 18, 2015, 23:13 Illumin

NKD wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:29:
Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 12:13:
. Point 1, eh...

Free-for-all resale of digital licenses isn't something I want. It's actually kind of a scary idea. Not because I don't think it would be cool, but because none of us would like what the industry does to compensate for the fact that it would kill their current sale numbers.

Right now, used game resale is kept in check by the fact that it's kind of a pain in the ass. You either deal with a middleman that rapes you like Gamestop, or you sell direct to other users and have to package your own shit, send it off, blah blah, take a loss on shipping and so forth. Not long and the game isn't even worth selling because the price you can get for it isn't worth the hassle.These factors all keep it from being too disruptive, but, it's still disruptive. One of the primary reason we have so much DLC and Season Pass crap is due to game resale. People aren't going to be so eager to get rid of that game knowing that more content is coming down the line.

Now, let's imagine you could do free-for-all resale of your digital titles on Steam. Why would you ever, ever, EVER buy new unless you were literally forced due to a lack of available used copies? Developers would only ever sell enough copies to satisfy concurrent demand, and then re-circulation of used copies would ensure they never see another copy sold. So, developers would then focus on shipping titles where concurrent demand is high, or peaks for a long period of time, or can be somehow manipulated. Episodic content releases that require the previous episodes be installed might be one thing. Especially if the gaps between episodes are short enough.

And what about titles where concurrent demand is low like small cheap indie games with a single player experience 4-6 hours in length? You might as well not even create these any more, because the short length and low replay-ability ensures that a very small number of copies recirculating quickly is enough to sate demand. Even if they sell it for $3-4, and it's a high quality experience, there is no reason to keep it in your inventory. None.

In general, there would be no reason to keep an extensive Steam library. Why would you? You're literally pissing away money because you can always re-buy that title later on, probably for cheaper than you sold it for. Demand for games eventually bottoms out, and once there is a pool of used copies that will never be depleted, Supply & Demand will dictate that the price for such a game bottoms out as well.

I see two scenarios for buying habits that would arise:

A) Buy new, rip thru the game, resell quickly for maximum value, rebuy later on when price bottoms out to add to your Steam library.

B) Never buy new. Always wait for price to bottom out and then buy.

Neither of these scenarios are compatible with the current gaming business model. Companies would be unable to make money under these conditions.

Well, that's not really our problem, but publishers will find a way to get their money out of us. They aren't simply going to lay off 90% of their employees and go back to making low budget games. They'll avoid selling on platforms that allow resale where possible. They'll lock content behind account systems and other mechanisms that discourage resale. They may even pull out of countries where they are legally mandated to allow resale. They'll needlessly pad out their titles and rely on psychologically addictive gameplay loops rather than actual good games. I'm sure we can all think of a lot of other good ways to milk consumers for money. A lot of these ideas are already being used, they'd just be used a lot more.

So yeah, at the end of the day gamers have shown they have very little in the way of balls when it comes to putting their foot down on exploitative business models. So whatever way the industry would adjust to widespread digital resale, people would just bend over and take it. And we'd probably end up worse off than before.

In addition you would never see summer sales or discounts on games since everyone and their mom would buy Game A at 80% off in bulk then attempt to resale.

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
19. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 18, 2015, 08:08 Illumin

InBlack wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 05:32:
Looks fairly interesting. Will I like this game even if I could never get into Dark Souls?

InBlack, I was in the same boat as you. Dark Souls was just to clunky feeling and I didn't enjoy it very much. As for Dragons Dogma it had some killer combat moves you could do with your henchmen and some other things that set it apart. One thing that did get a little old was you had to run all over the place, and at night if you got stuck outside it could get brutal.

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs
12. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Date, Specs Dec 18, 2015, 02:34 Illumin

Great White Shark wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 20:50:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 20:10:
4K Resolution! 60 FPS! And console graphics they didn't bother to touch. And is there some reason they can't state the AMD specs? Yeah, I'm thinking this is going to be a very lazy and cheap port. Caveat emptor.

You're wrong as usual but whatever, I've learned from your pattern of posts that you can't be bothered to do 5 seconds of fucking reading or to use Google on any subject. There is an entire FAQ for the port on the steam page that details everything. It is an excellent port, several sites have preview copies and have commented on it already. They went above and beyond to accommodate the PC community which is why there is a lot of positive buzz for the game, well among people who can read.

The simple mechanics of this game are well beyond your grasp anyway so just fart off to bitch and moan somewhere else.

I don't even bother with Cutter any more he is the poster child for a Blues News hater / troll, which is saying something since there are several haters on this site.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2015, 08:04.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
34. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 01:46 Illumin

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 00:48:
Great White Shark wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 22:50:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 20:19:
That trailer looks exactly like every other one over the last few years. I don't see any real progress there. And the animations still look horrendous.

Uh literally open your fucking eyes? They are making massive strides on this, its finally starting to look like its coming together.

People like you and Derek Smart are going to look pretty dumb if this keeps moving in this direction.

They've delivered one system. Partially. Out of a promised 100. That's like me watching you run a marathon (26.2 miles) and predict you'll be able to finish because you made it to the quarter mile mark.
I have to agree with you here. If they are going with 100 systems all handmade and they want it out anytime withing the next 5 years they better step it up. Im worried its going to be 7 or 8 great systems then 90ish empty voids. Like 99.999% of Elite Dangerous's 400 billion star systems.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.0
33. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Dec 12, 2015, 01:36 Illumin

Timmeh wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 20:19:
so this pretty much makes Derek Smart look like an uninformed trouble making ass...

or am i wrong..

so this pretty much makes Derek Smart & Cutter look like an uninformed trouble making ass... There ya go fixed that for you.

Flatline wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 00:07:
Parias wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 00:00:
Flatline wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 23:55:
While I need to install this and give it a go to see how it plays, and can't tell if it's fun or not yet, I did say I'd stand corrected and admit I was wrong if they pulled off the tech, and it looks like they're pulling off the tech.

So yes, mea culpa, I was mistaken about many of the things I said.

No, you're doing it wrong! You're supposed to rant endlessly about how this game is IMPOSSIBLE and a SCAM and will NEVER EVER get made, and RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE key words to DRIVE your points home!

I always said I'd rather it work than be right about my pessimism. I'm not 100% on board, but it's promising to finally have a big grip of actual gameplay to demo and get your hands on instead of the lackluster Arena Commander that's been around for so long.
+1 respect you don't see many posters on Blue's state that they may have been wrong.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2015, 01:42.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 10, 2015, 21:43 Illumin

It doesn't have to be a crime to hire a PI. They are a hired investigator.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition
1. Re: Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition Dec 4, 2015, 20:16 Illumin

This game looks great but then again so did Watchdogs.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 30, 2015, 13:50 Illumin

Spying? Twitter? Blogs? If you use FB and leave it on public then expect all sorts "spying". Dumb ass people post all sorts of personal shit then get enraged when people they don't know/ public make comments or "spy" on them.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 21, 2015, 22:15 Illumin

The problem with Amazon is half their shit they charge you for. On my PC It's a bit easier to weed through the prime / non prime movies to watch but on my tv the app seems to mix them in a majority of the time.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2015, 22:34.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Sales Soar Nov 11, 2015, 17:47 Illumin

Fucking people supporting the annual COD cash grab.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
22. Re: BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal Nov 2, 2015, 13:57 Illumin

Can't wait to rock some inner worlds with my Battlemaster! Im cool with some solid pvp maps, but here's to hoping they come out with an awesome single player campaign.  

News Comments > Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries
11. Re: Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries Nov 1, 2015, 20:51 Illumin

Feel sorry for the delivery truck dropping games off in Camden NJ at midnight.  

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
1. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 17:40 Illumin

Lol what's next wiping reviews after a patch? Fucking shady. If it wasn't sold as early access or beta then it should stand as "released".  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
42. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 10:06 Illumin

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 09:04:
I love it when people talk about ELite Dangerous not delivering because one thing they've promised was cut. Nevermind about everything else. Some of you guys need a serious reality check.
Or just quit this whole gaming as a hobby thing because it is clearly not for you. Try bingo or chess or some shit like that.

Well it's not like they dropped the ability to dye your armor. Not having a single player and announcing it 1 month before release is pretty shitty. That's a pretty big selling point for a large amount of people.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Ready to Roll
19. Re: Fallout 4 Ready to Roll Oct 23, 2015, 22:11 Illumin

Lets ship this bitch! Im ready for a marathon.  

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo