User information for Ron

Real Name
Ron
Nickname
Warhawk
Email
Concealed by request
Description
To prevent further misconception, the nick comes from the 85-ton assault mech that was a personal favorite in the MechWarrior game. But, then again, you probably don't care. But maybe you do....
Homepage
None given.
Signed On
July 27, 2004
Supporter
-
Total Posts
3853 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3853 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    193  ] Older

Re: ?
May 16, 2008, 14:26
Re: ? May 16, 2008, 14:26
May 16, 2008, 14:26

I haven't used one of those since onboard 5.1 sound was out. no need.

Agreed. I just use onboard and haven't missed anything (that I would want to pay that much more for, anyways). I have 2 inexpensive speakers and a sub or inexpensive headphones. My untrained ears really don't care and neither do I for playing a little Portal or Half-Life or C&C....

I am not a "music producer" and I really don't care about a couple FPS at the moment - my computer is plenty fast for what I do.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

Re: Speaking of people home sick today...
May 13, 2008, 10:26
Re: Speaking of people home sick today... May 13, 2008, 10:26
May 13, 2008, 10:26

I would ask for your thoughts and prayers for her and my brother in law.

You got it.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Re: No subject
May 12, 2008, 13:04
Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 13:04
May 12, 2008, 13:04

I may regret saying this, but i've never played Starcraft.

Me either. I always played the C&C games for my RTS fix.

Portal
May 8, 2008, 12:50
Portal May 8, 2008, 12:50
May 8, 2008, 12:50

I'm playing through again with the commentaries - played an hour this morning and am up to level 15 or so (don't remember) - interesting about the level design, etc.

May 7, 2008, 12:51
Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 12:51
May 7, 2008, 12:51

The 8 GB iPod Nano was a Christmas gift, and since everyone I know uses them, I figured if I had questions someone could help.

I use iTunes but all my music is MP3 format, so I can do what I want with it. Just set iTunes to use that as the default filetype and no problems ripping music.

If I buy music, I will go to Amazon or something and get the MP3. I bought the one song from iTunes since I had a gift card, but probably won't go that route again since the MP3 versions are probably available elsewhere....

I am not an Apple guy, but this is one prodect that works fairly well for me and accessories are plentiful.

My wife got a Shuffle (from her folks, the people who got me a Nano - they like me better! ), but I think she wants a Nano now as well. Maybe we can give the Shuffle to our son when he gets older....

May 7, 2008, 10:44
Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 10:44
May 7, 2008, 10:44

I have no plans to "digitize" my CDs. I like them just the way they are. Work great in my CD players at work, home, and in my car.

I just started digitizing some of our music as we got iPods for Christmas. My new Honda Civic also has an MP3 CD player, so I have made a few to pack more music into each CD, which is nice.

But you are right - our DVD player and the other 2 cars do not have MP3 capability, so regular CDs are still the rule and not the exception.

Edit - and that is what annoys me - my wife refuses to tell me when she grabs a CD so I (or she - she knows how) can make a copy for her first. With a 5-year old in the car (and she isn't the most careful either), we have lost a few CDs to scratches, etc. I don't get why it is such a big deal to her to make a copy first so we don't destroy any originals.....

Plus, we have accidentally left CDs in a rental car when we took a trip once and she has also had a car broken into a while back and her CDs were stolen. Using copies just makes sense for us but apparently it is just too much of a bother.

This comment was edited on May 7, 10:49.

May 6, 2008, 23:28
Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 23:28
May 6, 2008, 23:28

Unfortunately I have to get back home after work tomorrow for a funeral - not looking forward to that.

Yeah, my best friend's dad died on my birthday (Sunday night) and services are Thursday morning, so I have one of those to attend soon, too.

Re: To the Hawk
May 5, 2008, 09:52
Re: To the Hawk May 5, 2008, 09:52
May 5, 2008, 09:52

It just BARELY beats out Batman Begins

Jesus, Batman Begins sucked big dick.

Actually, I liked Batman Begins more than Batman with Jack. I watched that a week or so ago and it just confirmed how blah that movie really was.....I just couldn't get into Jacks stupidly over-the-top portrayal of the Joker. Just turned me off, as did Danny as the Penguin in the next flick.

And I agree about Iron Man, it is one of the best of the recent superhero movies.

Re: To the Hawk
May 4, 2008, 20:34
Re: To the Hawk May 4, 2008, 20:34
May 4, 2008, 20:34

Thanks, all!

I trust you guys all stayed after the credits??? Pretty god damned significant scene was tacked on.

And yes, we did.

May 4, 2008, 01:15
Re: No subject May 4, 2008, 01:15
May 4, 2008, 01:15

hayppybday bro!

I am jealous....when I head your way, I am calling ahead of time.

Thanks.

Actually, I guess everyone came hungry because there wasn't much left when we were done....

Had a buddy of mine who doesn't always make the best life choices come out to our new place for the first time. We got to talking a little bit and it was all good. He doesn't have much $$$, but managed to put a few scratcher lottery tix in the card, so I'll have to see if I won anything.

Also got a nice Kings team shirt signed by Kevin Martin from the in-laws - very cool.

May 3, 2008, 18:57
Re: No subject May 3, 2008, 18:57
May 3, 2008, 18:57

Tomorrow is my B-day (37!), so I'm having friends and family over for some grilled grub. Got 2 tri-tips, various flavored marinated chicken, and sausages. Everyone should go home happy.

Re: nin's mini review...
May 2, 2008, 20:08
Re: nin's mini review... May 2, 2008, 20:08
May 2, 2008, 20:08

I agree with nin.

I enjoyed it.

He played the part perfectly, and the little zingers kept coming. Dialogue was pretty well written. Everyone seemed to mesh pretty well. Not winning any Oscars in all likelihood, but if you like the superhero movies in general, you would probably like this one. Even if you don't, you still might like it.

Re: eh
May 2, 2008, 10:31
Re: eh May 2, 2008, 10:31
May 2, 2008, 10:31

I took today off to do some things around the house, but think I am going to work in a matinee show of Iron Man in there as well.

And yes, Spidey III was a letdown, but it had some good moments in there....

Re: Tauntaun
May 1, 2008, 14:40
Re: Tauntaun May 1, 2008, 14:40
May 1, 2008, 14:40

Oh yeah, we will get it trenched or rent one. My sister had someone come do it for not too much more than the cost of renting one around here - made it a no-brainer. We also have some pretty stiff/hard soils to go through - I am NOT doing any serious digging by hand. We even had a guy come out to dig holes for the trees with a small tractor - way too much work to do by hand when he got all the holes dug in a couple hours for something like $100. Best bargain ever!

We are on 5 acres, but only about 2 of it is going to be used for now. The rest is adjacent to property belonging to my folks, all of which is farmed and disked by my cousin. Whatever we do not use is then maintained by someone else for free, so no complaints!

This comment was edited on May 1, 14:42.

May 1, 2008, 13:12
Re: Tauntaun May 1, 2008, 13:12
May 1, 2008, 13:12

Well then - no fun for sure!!!!

Eh, the manual labor part of it isn't much fun, but the results are always nice. Putting sprinklers together is kinda like working with Tinkertoys and for the most part really doesn't bother me at all - maybe some basic appeal to the engineer in me? It's the parts of the project that require a shovel and moving buckets of rocks that really get old quick.....

May 1, 2008, 12:00
Re: Tauntaun May 1, 2008, 12:00
May 1, 2008, 12:00

Yard work is code for 'beer drinkin'.

Maybe it is, but I don't drink.....for me, lots of yard work is code for lots of yard work.

May 1, 2008, 10:59
Re: Tauntaun May 1, 2008, 10:59
May 1, 2008, 10:59

And it doesn't go with her shoes.

We are finally going to move forward with making improvements on the outside of the house now - most of the 2±acres we will maintain will be grass, but the wife wants a backyard that is more "entertainment-oriented" while being dog and kid-friendly. We hired a local family landscaping firm to put together a design for us to implement and they will also design a sprinkler system for all the yard areas as well.

You know what this means, don't you?

Lots of yard work for Warhawk this summer. Ugh. That's a couple of big projects. Hopefully it all comes together without too many problems....

Re: Golfing
Apr 23, 2008, 14:16
Re: Golfing Apr 23, 2008, 14:16
Apr 23, 2008, 14:16

I took an "inrto to golf" class in college to add a unit on to my final semester load to stay a full time student (back in 1995). That's the only time I have used a "real" golf club. So if I go, I think it will be UGLY golf. But the guys who invited me don't seem to care, so unless I have family conflict, I think I'll try it.

Am not going to start playing though. No time or inclination or $$$ to do so.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 14:18.

Golfing
Apr 23, 2008, 13:41
Golfing Apr 23, 2008, 13:41
Apr 23, 2008, 13:41

I think I may be going golfing tomorrow for the first time.

Lord protect any and all living and breakable things anywhere near where I may be if I go....

Email
Apr 22, 2008, 17:27
Email Apr 22, 2008, 17:27
Apr 22, 2008, 17:27

I have multiple email accounts so I don't worry about folders in Gmail. I even set up an account to handle all email related to building our house so it wouldn't clutter my inbox.

Folders would be nice, but no biggie for me.

I really haven't cared much when I lost an old email provider and all the emails I've kept and never read again just go away. Really, most email I have is an instant action item and I delete them quickly anyways. Now, with Gmail I have a separate account where I send everything I want to keep long term (and will probably still never read again) so I send it there and forget about it. My main accounts never get too cluttered.

3853 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 11.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    193  ] Older