Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for born2expire

Real Name born2expire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname born2expire
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description AMD 64 3200+
Radeon 9800 Pro
1gb PC3200
2xWD 120 SATA (raid 0)
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 03:49
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 21346

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bruckheimer on Movie Games and Game Movies
3. Re: Bruckheimer on Movie Games and Game Movies Apr 14, 2010, 00:16 born2expire

a theme park ride does not have established story and characters, it has a setting at best.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Commandos 4 Revealed
17. Re: Commandos 4 Revealed Apr 12, 2010, 23:52 born2expire

PHJF wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 17:02:
What the fuck is wrong with Commandos 3 other than how FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE it is?

the fact that it was made for consoles, it had no hotheys, i mean WTF?

8. Re: Commandos 4 Revealed Apr 12, 2010, 14:43 born2expire

I could really see this play similar to DOW2, as the DOW2 single player reminded me immensely of the Commandos games.  

1. Re: Commandos 4 Revealed Apr 12, 2010, 09:52 born2expire

more like commandos 2 and not like 3 or strike force please.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Q&A
1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Q&A Apr 2, 2010, 15:08 born2expire

i love how brainwashed everyone around this game is. Bowling keeps referring to MW2 as the #1 online game, im sure Blizzard can show him some numbers that wake him up.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 15:41 born2expire

Overon wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 15:19:
Some of comments I have read here are just lazy. Quick time events, no healthbar, and linearity are not sufficient for me to conclude consolitis. The save system is a sticking point for me if true. However, I need more information. I have seen one review comparing it to the linearity of Half Life 2. Nothing wrong with the linearity of Half Life 2. Same review said it was like the closest thing to Half Life 2 on consoles. Not bad comparisons. I will reserve judgement and wait for further reviews, hopefully from the PC player persepctive.

Jim Rossignol (of Rockpapershotgun.com fame and he also writes for one the PC Gaming magazines) did the eurogamer review, unfortunately it was XBOX review, but he loved it either way.

I played about 30 mins of it last night and it seemed rather enjoyable, but I don't have a solid opinion of it yet.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Maintenance Complete
6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Maintenance Complete Mar 14, 2010, 17:59 born2expire

Bucky wrote on Mar 14, 2010, 16:21:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 14, 2010, 15:10:
Is it wrong that I've already got all the medic unlocks?

Nah I've got all the Assault and Sniper unlocks and about 1/2 of the medic's just from picking up medic kits to revive teammates.

News Comments > AMD: Games Only Use PhysX for Cash
2. Re: AMD: Games Only Use PhysX for Cash Mar 8, 2010, 19:27 born2expire

For a new or struggling developer nvidia's support/finances is great, I dont see AMD supporting many developers.

Lame troll attempt from AMD.

News Comments > Metro 2033 Trailer: No Prerelease Demo
9. Re: Metro 2033 Trailer: No Prerelease Demo Feb 27, 2010, 19:58 born2expire

pre-bought on Steam 2 weeks ago, if its ANYTHING like the STALKER games i'll be super happy. If it sucks oh well I'm out $50, no biggie, I'll spend more then that on beer tonight.  

News Comments > Metro 2033 Specs
8. Re: Metro 2033 Specs Feb 25, 2010, 16:54 born2expire

ASJD wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:55:
Wow, what an unoptimized piece of shit. I barely hit the recommended specs in 2 categories (and I have 4GB of RAM).

First game to recommend over 8GB of RAM? WTF are these guys doing?

Learn to read, there is Recommended (which is very reasonable) and there there is Optimum. From what I've been reading this game should run exceptionally well at recommended specs, but if you want every last bit of eye candy thats where the optimal kicks in.

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:58:
I love how the optimum spec features graphics cards that do no exist yet, and are likely not to be in stores until May/June.

Creston

Crysis did the samething with its highest settings.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2010, 17:00.

News Comments > Borderlands DLC this Week
15. Re: Borderlands DLC this Week Feb 23, 2010, 10:04 born2expire

Surf wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 03:28:
@ Born2Expire
Might want to try this neat new thing called Google to see how to bypass Peer to Peer in this, and other, games.

I have my buds connect directly to my Borderlands server via IP with only 4 ports open. Its on the net, step by step, easy peasy and no I am not posting it here because I believe in survival of the fittest. You can't figure this out man? Wow, just wow.

Thats still a farcry from dedicated server. Where did I say I couldn't figure it out?

I said the MP was laggy as shit as all P2P based games are, its fine if your playing with your buddies who live down the block, but playing with anyone whos not in the same city as you the game is a lagfest.

News Comments > Borderlands DLC this Week
2. Re: Borderlands DLC this Week Feb 22, 2010, 21:27 born2expire

Borderlands is such a great game only to fall victim to horrid MP implication, peer to peer is just a damn lagfest.  

News Comments > Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Patch, Sacred 3 Plans
1. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Patch, Sacred 3 Plans Feb 22, 2010, 17:41 born2expire

has Ice and Blood been released in NA yet?

News Comments > Medal of Honor Stays Lean
10. Re: Medal of Honor Stays Lean Feb 19, 2010, 16:36 born2expire

G-Snake wrote on Feb 19, 2010, 10:32:
No real dedicated servers (semi-dedis if you want to call them that)

they are doing the same thing they've done in previous BF games, as a BF2 player you should know this.

News Comments > CoD: Vietnam Confirmation?
10. Re: CoD: Vietnam Confirmation? Feb 19, 2010, 16:32 born2expire

Drezden wrote on Feb 19, 2010, 13:47:
World at War was superior to both MW games. IMO. It fixed problems I had with MW1 and then MW2 reintroduced some of those problems that Treyarch had gotten rid of in WaW.

Like Treyarch or not, their COD's are no worse than IW's. I thought WaW's campaign was just as epic as any other COD I've played.

I wholeheartly agree, fine the single player blew, but ALL COD single player is garbage.

Say what yu want about Treyarch, but they at least consulted and listening to the PC gamers to improve their game.

Heres hoping COD: Vietnam doe not use IW.net

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Gold?
4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Gold? Feb 5, 2010, 14:40 born2expire

Very large zero day patch incoming!  

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
1. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 30, 2010, 14:49 born2expire

ummm how about making it open world instead of tiny maps, oh wait this is Bioware and all their games are the same.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2010, 14:50.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves
4. Re: Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves Jan 29, 2010, 20:02 born2expire

jumping the shark implies there was a shark to jump.

this game blew from beta

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster"
5. Re: Mass Effect 2 a Jan 29, 2010, 18:42 born2expire

RPG's are in a sad state when Bioware's are considered the best out there.

Agreed, I'll go back to Torchlight and Kings Bounty until a decent high profile aka AAA RPG comes out.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced
5. Re: Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced Jan 28, 2010, 21:42 born2expire

Blues changed their comment about the game, it used to say something to the tune of lvl cap has been raised to 50.

Never had any trouble with any of the DLC's, and I bought them both.

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo