Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for born2expire

Real Name born2expire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname born2expire
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description AMD 64 3200+
Radeon 9800 Pro
1gb PC3200
2xWD 120 SATA (raid 0)
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2004, 03:49
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 21346

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
11. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 17:54 born2expire

I bought it for 360, played it for 5 mins and decided i'd wait for KB & mouse control, if it never comes, oh well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Uproar
28. Re: Bad Company 2 Uproar Jun 9, 2010, 19:04 born2expire

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 14:54:
Most of those idiots are probably whoring the AN-94 for all its worth and have never touched the M14 anyways. Oh no, we didn't get the gun attachment we wanted, surely the game is fucking us!

I "whore" the AN-94 mostly, i used it before the buff, and I will use it after, AK's are always the best guns in games. I still have over 400 kills with the M14 and the iron sight on it is horribly broken. I really just want the red dot for the M14, and I couldn't care less about the 4X scope, but the fact that DICE flaunts it in multiple trailers is a piss off.

22. Re: Bad Company 2 Uproar Jun 9, 2010, 11:07 born2expire

Tusker wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 03:08:
born2expire wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 21:14:
Nice bait and switch DICE, you know that is false advertising right?

A bait and switch is advertising one thing and then offering another - how does that apply here?

the bait and switch comment, was in regard to the M14 optics. This is the 2nd trailer that they have shown it, and clearly have no intention of adding it. So basically they are advertising features that are not in the game.

1. Re: Bad Company 2 Uproar Jun 8, 2010, 21:14 born2expire

Nice bait and switch DICE, you know that is false advertising right?  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #3 Details
9. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #3 Details Jun 7, 2010, 21:01 born2expire

nothing that couldn't be done in 5 mins with mod tools.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 6, 2010, 15:14 born2expire

ughhhhh anyone but Whedon, he writes the worst dialogue known to man.

I could see John Hillcoat doing a half Life movie at least he would understand the pacing, and he seems to have an interest in games.

News Comments > Blur Freeze Trailer
3. Re: Blur Freeze Trailer Jun 4, 2010, 18:39 born2expire

Ennio Morricone is god, ohhh yeah Blur is super fun, the 20 man races are insane!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Details
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Details May 28, 2010, 23:00 born2expire

Zardoz5 wrote on May 28, 2010, 20:54:
I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: We Thought We Would Try to Make Some New Gameplay Instead of Just Adding Overpowered, Game Unbalancing Gimmicky Add-ons.

the lame add-ons where IW all the way, at least Treyarch have a more pure approach at the game, but yes they follow IW's lead with the perks and killstreaks.

Unless BF3 is a PC exclusive Im not interested in it after the mess Bad Company 2 has become.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Follow-ups
8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Follow-ups May 25, 2010, 22:35 born2expire

Zardoz5 wrote on May 25, 2010, 21:05:
Good to see DICE has kept up their consistency track record on the PC and released a broken global stats system for the PC version. I just checked and it appears they removed the link altogether, lol. Way to keep up the bad work!

The veteran server has been broken since day one, I don't see them ever fixing either.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Preorders
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Preorders May 18, 2010, 00:14 born2expire

Jerykk wrote on May 18, 2010, 00:03:
Pray tell, wtf would I even consider buying a game I have no freaking clue what it is really about, or if I will even like it? Let alone pre order.

Same reason that anyone pre-orders anything: hype. CoD:BO has CoD in the title and that alone = hype.

or the fact that some people have faith in Treyarch doing a better job of COD than IW, as Treyarch track record has proven.

News Comments > New CoD Domains
1. Re: New CoD Domains May 14, 2010, 22:10 born2expire

I would assume that this is what Raven it upto.  

News Comments > Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads
3. Re: Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads May 6, 2010, 23:12 born2expire

As much as I can't stand Kotick, West and Zampella really should not have tried to shop an IP that Kotick owns, and on company time to boot.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor in October
13. Re: Medal of Honor in October May 5, 2010, 18:43 born2expire

kxmode wrote on May 5, 2010, 17:18:
Way to go at not getting the point.

I got the point just fine. I'm poking fun at the oddity of saying those things ruin immersion. Your referencing systems back when they didn't have those effects, either because the system or the graphic card couldn't handle it. Today HDR, Bloom, motion blur, lens flares and so forth add to the immersion (most especially in FPS titles).

I recently played Mirror's Edge. It had lots of subtle effects that totally added to the immersion. My favorite effect, and the one I kept noticing most often, was the background blurring when standing next to a wall and looking sideways or up. If I moved the camera a little more the blurring would fade away to reveal focused objects. A very cool effect, especially on planes passing overhead.

your still missing the point. graphics technology has nothing to do with it, as vision and the effect of light on vision as opposed to a cameras lens has never changed.

immersion in a FPS is about simulating real vision and how an eye reacts, not a camera lens.

11. Re: Medal of Honor in October May 5, 2010, 17:16 born2expire

StingingVelvet wrote on May 5, 2010, 16:07:
kxmode wrote on May 5, 2010, 15:42:
born2expire wrote on May 5, 2010, 13:59:
kxmode wrote on May 5, 2010, 11:46:
I don't see anything wrong with a cinematic look and feel.

its a game, NOT a movie. I hate lens flare, motion blur and other camera effects in games it ruins immersion.

While you're at it you should also hate physics, textures, and -- oh what the hell -- throw in graphics while you're at it too!

Way to go at not getting the point. Lens flare, motion blur, depth of field and other effects are mostly used to make games look like movies.

Games are not movies though, they are interactive experiences and a lens flare just takes you out of it. An FPS should endeavor to make you think you're actually walking around and looking at those environments.

Exactly! Lens flare, motion blur, depth of field are all captured by a camera, they are not actually real (as in you naked eye does not see theme, they are created by the camera).

So playing a FPS that puts "you" in the game, then adds BS like lens flare ruins the sense of immersion.

4. Re: Medal of Honor in October May 5, 2010, 13:59 born2expire

kxmode wrote on May 5, 2010, 11:46:
I don't see anything wrong with a cinematic look and feel.

its a game, NOT a movie. I hate lens flare, motion blur and other camera effects in games it ruins immersion.

News Comments > New Audigy Drivers
19. Re: New Audigy Drivers May 3, 2010, 18:31 born2expire

BobBob wrote on May 3, 2010, 13:41:
There really is almost no difference.

plug in even a decent set of headphones and tell me there is no difference.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer
17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Trailer May 1, 2010, 19:01 born2expire

WaW was the best COD since COD2, and i'm really looking forward to this. Seriously who really cares about COD's single player? It has always been awful and always will be awful, COD is about the multiplayer. Treyarch offered a lot more PC support then both of the Modern Warfares combined. Im really looking forward to what Treyarch can do with out IW impeding their game, Activision must be looking at Treyarch as "THE" COD studio now and not put up with IW's bullshit. Treyarch practically had to reinvent the wheel for a lot of WaW as IW would not share their tech.

As to the person commenting that it will suck to "buy" zombie maps? Why buy any of them, WaW has hundreds of zombie maps created by the community that are light years better then the offical maps. The ZCT maps are incredible.

News Comments > Call of Duty Announcement Saturday
7. Re: Call of Duty Announcement Saturday Apr 28, 2010, 18:15 born2expire

Darks wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 17:36:
Activision announces that because of the IW departures that they no longer have any staff on hand that can create the new game. Plus the fact that they are in a legal battle over the IP makes it very difficult for them to continue this franchise.

end of COD!! Signing off.....

I believe the battle is over the "Modern Warfare" IP, Activision owns the Call of Duty IP without any doubts.

This should be great, the last Treyarch COD game where better then the last few IW games. And they also provided alot more PC support then IW. in fact I'd be shocked if Repawn's debut game even has a PC release.

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
26. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 28, 2010, 01:21 born2expire

most of the competitive community refers to it as "cod", the douchebags at machinima refer to it as mdub. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4022IEhqzg&feature=channel  

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
22. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 27, 2010, 18:03 born2expire

kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 13:26:
Nobody calls it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare; they simply call it Modern Warfare. Activision lost!

Everyone i know calls it Cod (as in the fish), as do most people. none of this Modern Warfare or Mdub bullshit.

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo