Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JF

Real Name JF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LgFriess
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2004, 17:50
Total Comments 196 (Novice)
User ID 21294

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Elite Dangerous: Guardians 2.2 Aug 21, 2016, 19:25 LgFriess

About 5 more years and Elite Dangerous might actually be a game instead of the empty, dead shell of a game I got conned into buying at release.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: etc., etc. Jun 6, 2016, 13:11 LgFriess

Task wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 10:47:
An interesting period of time to read about. My WW2 book collection grew for many years, but I was morbidly fascinated by all of it - I have memoirs told from perspectives of multiple sides, tombs on specific aircraft or other technology, and any movie I could get my hands (including hard to find foreign imports from Finland and Japan). At the human no one truly wanted to kill another human, but had to given their situations - they describe horrors I never hope to witness. It astonishes me more how leaders on all sides manipulate people to do what is nothing more than legalized murder (which is what one WW1 person had the courage to say) - something that the Smedley Butler touched on as well (who was heroic for telling the truth). It's still sad today to see those truths more relevant than ever since war benefits the few who profit off manipulation and death;. The madness of Imperialism.

Here is an account of Heinrich Severloh: Just a 20 year old kid thrown into the war, he became known as the "Beast of Omaha" and was one of the last Machine Gunners still firing over an insane 9 hours. He and 2 others managed to survive. He later became friends with David Silva much later after the war who was shot on a part of the landing 3 times.

Interesting read Task. Thanks for posting.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 17, 2016, 19:17 LgFriess

MattyB wrote on May 17, 2016, 13:48:
I gave up toward the end. There was something about the levelling and loot which meant that I never felt like I was actually getting any stronger, and all the weapons felt similar without lacking any real identity or rareness that made them interesting.

I didn't find the story particularly engaging either.

Totally agree. And the massive, over worded lore dump had me falling asleep. Load times were a joke. Homogenized classes. Ugh. Having classes that sucked at certain things or weren't able to do some tasks made for interesting strategy. Muscle wizard?! WTF Sawyer?!

I wanted to love this game more then any other in recent memory. BG2 had its flaws but I loved it and was really waiting for POE to kick butt. Maybe they'll save the day with 2 but I'm waiting on this one.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
14. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 26, 2016, 08:11 LgFriess

Anybody put time into Evochron Legacy? Apparently it's an Elite/X game with depth, all done by one guy. Haven't had the time to explore it yet but going to give it a shot after my Witcher 3 playthrough is done. There's a demo as well.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
17. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 13:22 LgFriess

W3 and it's not even close.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2016, 15:01 LgFriess

That PG34Q looks so nice. Any real difference from the Acer Predator?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2016, 17:38 LgFriess

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:21:
I'm still looking for the ANY key...

Took me a second to figure out what the hell you were talking about!

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
26. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 07:01 LgFriess

Quinn wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 21:20:
Personally I think E:D is highly overrated and with the stunt they pulled with the pricing on their "expansion" they should get all the heat atm. I paid way too much for a shell of a game with the original E:D and now they ask me to pay the exact same amount again for adding just a tad more depth to a game that was as shallow as a Tunisian mudpuddle to begin with.

My thoughts exactly. So disappointed in E:D.

News Comments > No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed
13. Re: No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed Jan 23, 2016, 05:38 LgFriess

Direct X 12 supported?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 11:04 LgFriess

wonkawonka wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 10:53:
I also played it a lot at launch but got burned by it. I expected a lot deeper non-MP stuff and it's just not there. I have no time to allocate to complex MP play, I just want to be able to do interesting SP missions and go through a story.
I'll wait until the content is there, assuming that by then the learning curve hasn't gotten so long and steep that it's become essentially useless for the time-challenged player.

I'm pretty much right there with you. I was disappointed in the target drone, non persistent NPCs, zero depth economy (which seemed odd considering a large part of the play can be space trucking), mission design, non-reactive universe. Loved the feeling of "flying" a spaceship though. They nailed that IMO. Haven't played since a few months into launch. Hopefully it's getting some much needed depth because I WANT to love it. Certainly wasn't the game they advertised at release though.

Can any current players comment? Has the game come alive (NPCs, missions, economy?) since a few months into launch.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
19. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 13:26 LgFriess

Got suckered into buying this shallow tech demo POS. Won't happen again. Still praying they make it the game I thought I was buying at release.

My hopes for a living universe to tool around in lie with Star Citizen and god only knows how that's going to turn out.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 13:19 LgFriess

InBlack wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:49:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:18:
Witcher 3 fell off that list. Such an amazing game.

It's also a hugely demanding game. Much more so than even GTAV, which sells like hotcakes anyway. You need quite a beefy rig to run it at settings to do it justice. Im sure it will sell much better at a later date when it goes on sale, and when people's hardware is a bit better in general.

Yep. I haven't purchased it yet due to waiting for skylake to release before I upgrade my old q9650/7870/4gb ram system. Still might go with the 4790 or 5820 but the prices will drop with skylake hitting the market. It's killing me holding off though. Very hard not to read any spoilers!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
11. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 16:14 LgFriess

I think those screen shots look just fine. Of course it's not earth shattering but looks a ton better the FO3 to me. There are a whole ton of other concerns I have before the graphics and character animations.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 20:41 LgFriess

Just have to say Pillars is amazing. It's one of these very, very few all consuming titles for me. TV? Food? Do I really need a shower today? Nah, I need to see what's around the next dimly lit corner and figure out a way to get through the next tough fight.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 13:55 LgFriess

Stuck at the goddamn office with a full afternoon. No way to get out of here until after 6! I'm gonna lose it man, just gonna lose it.  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
4. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 25, 2015, 20:21 LgFriess

Ya, in all fairness I hope SCL is a great game but tomorrow is like Christmas for me. If I wasn't leaving for a spring break trip, I would've closed my office for a four day weekend PoEt marathon.  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 25, 2015, 19:31 LgFriess

Sorry, I'll be a little busy playing Pillars of Eternity.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 18, 2015, 09:46 LgFriess

Well looks like it's finally time for a full new system build. Skylake, 390x/Nvidia equivalent, Windows 10, 21:9 monitors all hopefully being available this summer/fall.

My old Q9550, 7870, Vista, 4gb machine (1900x1200), has been happily churning through everything for SO long. But then the Star Citizen free week finally brought it to it's knees. A sign of things to come I'm sure. Actually feels good to finally need to upgrade.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 14:12 LgFriess

This may be my most anticipated title ever. God please be epic!  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
13. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 14:01 LgFriess

I'm going to lose so many hours to this!  

196 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo