Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2397 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2017, 09:30 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 02:01:
Also, why do you hate ponies

Because of bronies, fucking creepers. There is only one cure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2017, 17:52 Burrito of Peace

Heathens.

The only proper hot drink is tea.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 5, 2017, 16:20 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 15:31:
I wish these NAS tests were done a bit more professionally.

You might like this site.

13. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 5, 2017, 15:45 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:29:
AMD is not about to release an 8 core cpu (or any # of cores for that matter) that bests or matches a comparable Intel cpu for a significantly cheaper price. Anyone that thinks that will happen is fooling themselves.

AMD cannot afford to do otherwise if it wishes to grow its marketshare. Outside of cheapskates and fanboys, no one buys an AMD processor. The only way AMD can regain public trust AND marketshare is to get their product in to the hands of as many people as possible. Right now, no one outside of the aforementioned two subgroups is going to pick an AMD product over an Intel product.

People still remember the shitshow that was Bulldozer and their much hyped Polaris cards were also ran, middle of the road cards compared to Nvidia's offerings. Even when compared to Nvidia's previous generation which was released a year previously.

Thus, the only thing AMD can do is compete on price. It's their only in to the market at this point besides their OEM sales to Sony and Microsoft.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 5, 2017, 15:25 Burrito of Peace

I'm just hoping for a Note 8. I love my Note 3 but it is loooooooong in the tooth.  

10. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 5, 2017, 10:43 Burrito of Peace

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 20:49:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 14:29:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 13:05:
The Intel Core i7-7700K is what happens when a chip company stops trying.

lol.. AMD better not fuck this up

Exactly. I have been interested in Zen/Ryzen for sometime due to AMD's commitment to bringing a cost effective 8 core CPU to the masses. They have a golden opportunity here to win in a big way on both price and capability.

Uh.. AMD has been putting out "cost-effective 8 core CPU's" for over half a decade now, the problem is their single core performance has been abysmal while Intel's skyrocketed (until they had no competition and kind of hit a plateau). I'm more interested in their recent commitment to IPC performance and getting their individual cores up to the level that Intel has, while maintaining a competitive price point. This is what will save AMD. Simply churning out "cost effective 8 core CPU's" is what got them into this position.

Cost effective also includes performance. If something is cheap but performs like dogshit, it's not cost effective.

5. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 4, 2017, 14:29 Burrito of Peace

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 13:05:
The Intel Core i7-7700K is what happens when a chip company stops trying.

lol.. AMD better not fuck this up

Exactly. I have been interested in Zen/Ryzen for sometime due to AMD's commitment to bringing a cost effective 8 core CPU to the masses. They have a golden opportunity here to win in a big way on both price and capability.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 4, 2017, 12:12 Burrito of Peace

Let's play "Spot when the review embargo has been lifted"!  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 4, 2017, 09:24 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 07:28:
But everyone here says Black Flag is different and fun...

Black Flag is the best of the lot, so far, in my opinion. Pirates = awesome, fun, and win.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 3, 2017, 22:52 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 22:24:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 22:17:
So I guess her kids are left without a mother or a father.

What do you mean by your comment exactly?

Black...err...gallows humor.

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
13. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 22:50 Burrito of Peace

A new NOLF would be great!

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 2, 2017, 22:17 Burrito of Peace

So I guess her kids are left without a mother or a father.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2016, 19:02 Burrito of Peace

That Gatebox appliance is just sad, as in depressing and not meant as insulting. How hollow and empty of a human life must be led where the only emotional stimulus comes from a set of scripted routines. Moreover, where that's the only positive emotional stimulus.

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
6. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 15, 2016, 22:18 Burrito of Peace

I think their CDN is hosed, depending upon where you live. I can't get the actual site to come up at all. Not on my desktop, laptop, or phone. They're not all using the same connection.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Update
1. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Update Dec 14, 2016, 20:50 Burrito of Peace

"I multithreaded the texture loading at the start of a game in order to improve performance..."

Why wasn't the entire thing multithreaded from the start? Dual and quad cores were extremely abundant when you released this game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2016, 16:08 Burrito of Peace

Add to that the F-35 is terrible at CAS and it's the alleged replacement for the A-10.

I'm not quite sure what the F-35 is actually going to achieve when it's all said and done. The Navy seems really happy with the F-18SH (and they should be, it's quite the plane)and there's plenty of life left in that airframe plus it was designed with upgradeability in mind (unlike its predecessor, the F-14).

Everything I have read about the F-35 sounds neat on paper but every time anyone has tried to make one platform perform all, or most, roles, it does none of them well. Its got a severe black eye in the public perception and it's viewed more as a millstone than as an achievement.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 11:28 Burrito of Peace

I read it and it lines up with what I have suspected all along that we, the US, is on the losing side of the "cyberwar".  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 13, 2016, 15:29 Burrito of Peace

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:21:
OH SHUT UP you crying baby. Fuck you liberals are worse than bed bugs you follow every story everywhere and get into anything

FLAG ON THE FIELD! Unsupportable ad hominem attack. 25 yard penalty, third down.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches
4. Re: American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches Dec 13, 2016, 08:41 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 07:54:
Sadly does not include Interstate 76

You'd think ActiBlizzard would be thinking about a remake sometime soon.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
17. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 15:31 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 15:03:
Perhaps some knew but "Hindsight is 20/20" implies the vast majority did not. Let's be real. The game was pitched as-is at launch but delivered nothing beyond basic gameplay. There's no amount of foresight to prepare anyone for that.

I think there is if you're willing to forego the hype train. What was shown in demos and videos just wasn't technologically possible for the hardware and software we have at hand, period. Anyone who has been gaming long enough should have known that, there's tons of examples in gaming history that show that NMS is far from unique in its failings. I feel it takes a mighty leap to disregard those facts and history when you see the latest example of it coming down the pipeline.

Do I like the fact that NMS customers got screwed? On the whole, no. But I do take a bit of schadenfreude in the people whom are crying about it now when I and others told them that this was a bait and switch scheme were shouted down.

Procedurally generated, truly unique content may be possible on the hardware and with the software we have 20 years from now (outside of ASCII based efforts). It's nearly 2017 and we're struggling to get photorealistic visuals at an acceptable framerate with limited art assets.

2397 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo