Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2564 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 21, 2017, 08:36 Burrito of Peace

Bummer. I listened to Hybrid Theory just the other day after not having listened to it in years.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 15:19 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 10:23:
Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 09:33:
($23 for a pound of fucking deli meat!) I guess Jeff Bezos knows better than I.
Don't waste money on your meat. http://www.patakmeats.com/Price_List.html

$3.49/pound for Boudin?! What the fuck are they smoking?!

News Comments > Interstellar Transport Company Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Interstellar Transport Company Early Access Next Month Jul 14, 2017, 14:06 Burrito of Peace

Holy Hell that UI looks atrocious.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2017, 22:54 Burrito of Peace

Prime Day was very kind to me. I snagged a Yubi Key 4 for dirt cheap and I had been wanting one for quite a while.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2017, 12:36 Burrito of Peace

07/13/17 != 17/13/07  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. ASUS XG-C100C NIC link name Jul 13, 2017, 11:16 Burrito of Peace

Hey Blue, the ASUS XG-C100C NIC isn't a motherboard, it's just a NIC.  

News Comments > Lode Runner Legacy Released
3. Re: Lode Runner Legacy Released Jul 13, 2017, 11:11 Burrito of Peace

Thirded for "This looks abysmal". Just give us the original modernized for current resolutions.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2017, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

SlimRam wrote on Jul 13, 2017, 04:56:
For way Over-The-Top gun movies I gotta go with 'Shoot 'Em Up'. Your eyes literally won't stop rolling until the end credits but the ridiculousness of the action and general absurdity of the movie made me enjoy it more than any grown man really should admit

Not to mention the extremely sublime Monica Bellucci as a wet nurse.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 18:19 Burrito of Peace

I am going to sit VR out until the following happens:

1. It's comfortable to wear if you have a wide face and therefore wide glasses.
2. The price becomes more reasonable/Product becomes mainstream to the point it's a commodity item.
3. There's a standard that all devices adhere to so that there are just VR games, not VR games for the Rift and VR games for the Vive and so on.

News Comments > Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 18:13 Burrito of Peace

El Pit wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:47:
Just to help you a bit: I am so old, I even owned a Pong console before my Atari 2600. Yes, I am REALLY that old.

That was just a wee bit before my time, but my Dad had one of the molded fiberglass arcade cabinets in the garage next to the Microdata 800 mainframe.

We old geezers should form a Blue's News Survivors group or something.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 18:09 Burrito of Peace

Jivaro wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:35:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 11:06:
El Pit wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 09:34:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 20:37:
It's definitely one of the first I remember playing on my Atari 800. We're old men in this crowd.

Atari 800? What the hell is this? Some newish artsy fartsy stuff? Is my Atari 2600 not good enough for you, you damned hipster?

B...b...but the 2600 doesn't have a floppy drive!

But there was an Atari console that did! The Atari XEGS was the half console/half computer hybrid. (finally found the name online) My friends had Nintendos and I had that. If anyone doesn't know what it was you should google it and admire it in all of it's pastel colors and big button glory. As luck would have it, it turns 25 years old this year as it was released in 87.

Damn..25 years...jeezus...

Holy Hell! NOW I REMEMBER THAT! I saw exactly ONE in a store and that was at a store that specialized in Atari PCs, software, and peripherals.

Yeah, 35 years is a loooooong time ago in the computing age. Still wish I had my 1024 STE though. Of all the computers I have ever owned, that one felt so awesome and high tech.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 11:06 Burrito of Peace

El Pit wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 09:34:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 20:37:
It's definitely one of the first I remember playing on my Atari 800. We're old men in this crowd.

Atari 800? What the hell is this? Some newish artsy fartsy stuff? Is my Atari 2600 not good enough for you, you damned hipster?

B...b...but the 2600 doesn't have a floppy drive!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 06:01 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 02:31:
With MadCatz going out of business I hope Razer decides to start making joysticks.

God, I hope not. I have been arguing with them for weeks now about a faulty left mouse button on a Deathaddr Chroma that is a known hardware problem that they willfully blow off and ignore.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 05:14 Burrito of Peace

Ditto, Jivaro! I had every Atari computer up to the Falcon. Though, by the time of the Falcon, the writing was on the wall and I also had an XT PC.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2017, 20:37 Burrito of Peace

Grumpy Sod wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 17:39:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 16:17:
Old man Eidolon disapproves of these shenanigans.

So pleased I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of this. I think that may actually be the first game I played on a home computer.

News Comments > Firefall Falls
8. Re: Firefall Falls Jul 7, 2017, 17:44 Burrito of Peace

I remember trying this game. It was meh. Oh noes, yet another MMO crashes and burns.  

News Comments > Evil Genius 2 Announced
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2017, 11:14 Burrito of Peace

Awesome! Evil Genius is one of the most criminally underrated strategy management games I've ever had the pleasure of playing. It's ridiculous the amount of time I sunk in to that game.  

News Comments > Project Space Sector Renamed; Preorders Soon
5. Re: Project Space Sector Renamed; Preorders Soon Jul 3, 2017, 08:22 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 00:15:
Gotta agree, but if we ever get something that tops Stellaris it's probably gonna be Stellaris 2.... doesn't seem like any other developer is even trying.

Imo only way random tech tree could ever work is if it meant random tech templates. Aka, hand crafted tech trees of which there are a few randomly chosen which allow ye to have species with proper flavor. It's one of these things that bugs me about Stellaris extremely, Hive mind, building capitals and factories... organic ship built from... minerals????

I think they said they wanna extend the race unique stuff at some point, so we'll see

I think what also makes Stellaris great is the massive amount of mods for it and, quite frankly, how bloody easy it is to mod it. Look at Star Trek New Horizons. It's a TC and the fact that Stellaris allows you to rip out nearly everything but the base framework and still run is kinda mind blowing.

You have a point with Hive mind and organic but that could easily be solved by saying that unless you are actively taking over planets, you aren't growing new ships. That organic matter has to come from somewhere and given the Hive's automatic xeno purge mechanic...I'll let you deduce the rest.

I do think PI is trying to go for flavor with Ascendancy Points. The biggest path that stands out is the Robotic/Genetic Engineer/Psionics decision after your third AP pick. Stellaris really needs more AP choices like that. They need to balance them more, obviously, because the psionic choice doesn't really add much if you're an expansionist warmonger like me.

News Comments > Project Space Sector Renamed; Preorders Soon
3. Re: Project Space Sector Renamed; Preorders Soon Jul 2, 2017, 23:29 Burrito of Peace

"Random tech trees"? Pass. That all but insures that ship designs will be useless from game to game. Also, that UI is fuuuuuuuuugly. It looks like it crawled out of an alpha 4X from 1993.

I admit that Stellaris has spoiled me. It's the only 4X game that hits everything right for my tastes. I really have no interest in looking at anything else unless it significantly tops Stellaris.

2564 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo