Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2998 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2018, 18:41 Burrito of Peace

Jivaro wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 17:53:
I love my local football teams but this season has been really hard to watch.

I've been a Raiders fan since I was a child. Damn near every year of my life the Raiders have sucked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2018, 13:13 Burrito of Peace

Scheherazade wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 10:30:
Trump never called nazis fine people.

His quote was : "You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides"

Which is an accurate statement.

Incorrect. If you're standing on the side of neo-Nazis, Nazis, racists, and other fuckwits, you are not "fine". You are not even fucking close to "fine". You* are an irredeemable shithead who should die in a fucking fire for the betterment of humanity.

There is no middle ground here. There is no nuanced position. The minute you do not vociferously denounce a group of people so repugnant that they acutely work to undermine the civil, legal, and inalienable rights of all people, you become just as much a raging cunt as they are.

Myself, for example, I disagree with sanitizing history.

So do I. I vehemently disagree with sanitizing history. However, not celebrating actually terrible people is not the same thing as sanitizing them out of history. Do not conflate the two. Was Robert E. Lee a pretty good general who did his best with the meager forces the Confederacy had at their disposal? Yes. However, that does not eliminate his morally repugnant support of the Confederacy. My family fought on both sides of the most morally divisive wars in modern history: the American Civil War and World War II. Those who fought for the Confederacy and the Nazis were not lauded, are not lauded, and will never be lauded. They were inherently wrong. End of fucking story. They haven't been been removed from family history nor will they ever be but there is not a single living member of either side of my family that finds them to be people to hoist up on a metaphorical column as being paragons of the family's values.

Same thing with the 'grab em by the pussy' quote.

The recorded conversation was :

Trump : "I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."
Bush : "Whatever you want."
Trump : "Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

I bolded the relevant portion of that quote. That is sexual assault, period. There is zero fucking ambiguity there. Being mealy mouthed and whining about "he wasn't fairly quoted" is fucking horseshit. The motherfucker openly and freely admitted he commits sexual assault whenever he fucking feels like it.

It's sexual assault, dude. How the fuck can you be any less clear on what that maggot said?!

As for the rest of your opinions, I simply don't care. You're on the wrong side of history and by failing to take a clear and unambiguous stance on one of the worst presidents this country has ever had (Cause, you know, Cleveland), you're also on the wrong side of morality.

Edit note: *"You" is a general "you" and not a specifically addressed "you".

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2018, 08:03 Burrito of Peace

I've been out of the news loop this week due to a death in the family but as Mrs. Burrito and I were returning from the visitation yesterday, she flipped on the radio to break the heavy silence in the truck. It was on our local NPR station and it was covering this story. We listened for about ten minutes in silence and she reached right back over and flipped it off.

"This is what happens when you have someone so irredeemable and incompetent as that asshole Trump calling repugnant Nazis 'fine people' and inciting violence. Fuck you very much, Trump."

Blew me away as Mrs. Burrito is incredibly genteel. That's maybe the fifth time in sixteen years of marriage that I have ever heard her use the word "fuck".

It gave me a bit of a reality check and a litmus test at the same time. Things really are that bad. I loathe Trumpster Fire and truly wish that he would be diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer but this woman could find the silver lining in a nuclear apocalypse and make it bearable. Even she cannot find that silver lining in today's US.

So...go vote. Vote out the GOP's base of power in your local and state governments. We have to start somewhere to end this madness and this election cycle is as good as any to get started.

Go. Fucking. Vote. Today, if at all possible.

News Comments > Priest Simulator Announced
15. Re: Priest Simulator Announced Oct 23, 2018, 10:19 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 21:30:
Without the vital organs keeping the body and mind alive, a soul effectively dies.

That depends on how you define what a "soul" is. You can't destroy energy. Since we humans are just a walking electrical system housed in an organically based biorefinery, that energy is released from the closed system upon cessation of function of that biorefinery. It is released back in to the universe from whence it came.

So if you want to define a "soul" as the unique electrical pattern that exists within that system, then it doesn't die because the permutation chances of that pattern reoccurring again are non-negligible albeit a small portion of a larger percentage.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 21, 2018, 18:35 Burrito of Peace

Rimworld is just so fucking addictive and amazing. I've done settlements in every biome. By far my favorite was the mountains. I'm using Rainbeau's Farming mod and having all my growing underground inside the mountain just makes me giddy. My base is nigh on impregnable.

My least favorite was the one in the polar ice cap. Everyone survived to get off world but that was some insane levels of micromanagement to keep everyone fed, warm, and appropriately attired.

News Comments > Horizon Chase Turbo Demo
3. Re: We Happy Few Delay; Refunds Oct 20, 2018, 13:49 Burrito of Peace

Caladell wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 23:13:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 18:32:
Holy moly, that's so radddd!

Totally thrashin'

Tubular!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 20, 2018, 02:14 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 01:53:
While I agree that 1 TB is a bit low for a monthly limit, what on earth could you download that would use that much in 2 hours?

1. Uncompiled source code for a Linux distribution including multiple DEs and a standard package loadout (software, drivers, codecs, etc) for an easy and pleasant out of box experience, if you were interested in creating your own distro.

2. Backing up your home NAS to an offsite backup location.

3. Redownloading your music collection if you've had to reinstall.

4. Downloading your favorite AAA games from your distributor of choice.

6. Streaming high def content from Amazon, Hulu, HBO Go, Netflix, etc.

It's not just straight downloading. It's your entire usage. For my household, my pfsense router tells me we average ~12TB a month.

News Comments > Star Citizen Physics Trailer
6. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 11:01 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 10:12:
Are the days of having a dedicated card for physics a thing of the past? Or did those days ever exist, except for the <1% quad-sli rich hardware geek.

PhysX has now been moved on to the Nvidia GPUs themselves. So if you have an Nvidia card, and a software package that uses PhysX calls, the GPU will do all the PhysX monitoring.

At least, that's what Nvidia's last big physics based announcement (years back now) stated.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2018, 16:35 Burrito of Peace

DangerDog wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 15:59:
how about giving that cell phone a swipe with a bit of alcohol every now and again, probably more germs on it than money.

I just lick mine clean.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four Next Week
10. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four Next Week Oct 16, 2018, 14:08 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:36:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 13:05:
I have to say, while have been considering on and off for a while now about going back to ED -- this video did nothing to increase my desire to start playing the game again.

What, mining asteroids not exciting enough for ya?

What this game really needs is an engine that understands speech so I can dock verbally.

There is a software system compatible with ED that does that. You can buy voice packs of different actors - Bill Shatner, Tom Baker, et al. - that act as the ship's AI.

Voice Attack

I have Voice Attack. It is less than stellar. Not horrible, but not exactly as hyped by ED fans that use it.

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
17. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 14:06 Burrito of Peace

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 11:49:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 16, 2018, 11:43:
I'm going to hold off and see what AMD does with Navi. If it sucks, the 1XXX series will be cheaper after 1st quarter and I can pick up one then. I see zero reason to upgrade to a 2XXX series at this time.

Something to consider is that Pascal availability will diminish over time and tariffs are going to hit the market in January if you live in Canada or the US.

I'm willing to wager that the tariffs don't make it in to actual enforcement or, if they do, they'll be abandoned shortly thereafter. Even if Pascal stock is non-existent, then I'm still getting a performance upgrade from my current GPU if Navi based GPUs are cheaper than the RTX line and faster than what I currently have.

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
7. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 11:43 Burrito of Peace

I'm going to hold off and see what AMD does with Navi. If it sucks, the 1XXX series will be cheaper after 1st quarter and I can pick up one then. I see zero reason to upgrade to a 2XXX series at this time.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2018, 11:28 Burrito of Peace

For a second there, I saw "Interstate 76" and got a wee bit excited.

Alas, it was for the crappy F76 and then I was bummed.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2018, 11:25 Burrito of Peace

Man, I used to use Winamp daily back when I ran Windows. It was, and still is, a great audio player.

Sayonara is my go to audio player today.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 15, 2018, 17:36 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 11:33:
How to Get Rid of Windows 10 Ads, Office Offers and Other Annoyances

https://www.ubuntu.com

Manjaro.

FTFY.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 15, 2018, 11:30 Burrito of Peace

I think the last couple of generations have shown that Intel is really slipping. Pound for pound, the Ryzen line is a better choice for most people and the cost of entry is much lower. The fact that Intel is just now starting to support more than 32GB of memory on a desktop board after literally decades of ignoring it because Ryzen (depending on the board) will support 64-128GB is pretty telling. I guess their attitude of "fuck any user that isn't an enterprise customer" has finally caught up and now they're trying like Hell to play catchup.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2018, 18:39 Burrito of Peace

We're all fucked, it's far too late. Sit back and enjoy the ride on the express elevator to Hell.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 13, 2018, 15:39 Burrito of Peace

It's not shocking. Iron Fist was garbage, even when not compared to their other Marvel based episodic content.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2018, 11:53 Burrito of Peace

If you're not sure about whether or not a mushroom is poisonous, you should wear gloves when handling it. For example, the mushroom the little girl is holding looks a lot like Amanita phalloides, also known as the "Death Cap" mushroom. About an ounce of that will kill a full grown human being.

Not trying to be alarmist, but you have to be really, really careful with fungi as even inhaling the spores from some varieties can make a person extremely ill.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis Next Week
2. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis Next Week Oct 11, 2018, 12:30 Burrito of Peace

Flatline wrote on Oct 11, 2018, 12:17:
Oh yeah I have this. It... wasn't terrible, but I got kind of frustrated by playing chase-the-frigate and other stuff.

I've started the game several times over and keep hitting kind of a soft wall of indifference.

I feel the exact same way. It should have been right in my wheelhouse but it's just so...mediocre. There's nothing about it that makes me want to continue playing.

2998 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo