Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2592 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Amazon commissions three new sci-fi shows- Lazarus, Snow Crash, and Ringworld. Sep 30, 2017, 07:37 Burrito of Peace

I was hoping that Lazarus would have been about Heinlein's Lazarus Long character. It is not. I has a disappoint.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Volition Layoffs Reported
4. Re: Volition Layoffs Reported Sep 27, 2017, 21:54 Burrito of Peace

Here's how to print money, Volition:

1. Another Saints Row game but one that isn't absolutely fucking stupid superhero clown powers.

2. Buy the IP and then make Freespace 3 that is not an MMO, MOBA, or anything other than an awesome, straightforward, singleplayer campaign.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month
2. Re: Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month Sep 26, 2017, 12:46 Burrito of Peace

I like the idea of the game but I would prefer they sold a season pass or all in one package.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2017, 05:50 Burrito of Peace

"Yo, you guys are gonna miss this shit! The big guy's gonna cornhole that ass! With his wiener!"  

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
3. Re: Intel's Sep 25, 2017, 11:40 Burrito of Peace

This smells of desperation.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises
9. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises Sep 21, 2017, 19:27 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 14:33:
How is New Horizons? Is it playable start to finish now? I've really been holding off playing this until that TC is done.

Pretty much. The Federation storyline is in as is the Mirror Universe stuff.

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 15:00:
Just one question: Are your leaders, admirals, scientists etc. immortal (or have really, really long lifespans?)

I'm in year 256 of my current game and none of them has died yet. One had a corruption affliction but that's part of the gameplay for machine races.

5. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises Sep 21, 2017, 12:51 Burrito of Peace

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 12:42:
Should make the star trek TC much easier for the developers, especially with the ability to assimilate pops built into the base game now.

New Horizons? That would make the Borg better but I think they are focusing on spit and polish right now.

3. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises Sep 21, 2017, 11:29 Burrito of Peace

Really enjoying it except for one small yet substantial and irritating detail: my robotic sector governor is not building populations, I have to go do that by hand. Granted, I can now select multiple tiles at a time (the whole colony if I wish and have the resources) to build my robot pops on but in a large game with hundreds of colonies, this is a giant pain in the ass.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback System Specs
8. Re: Need for Speed Payback System Specs Sep 20, 2017, 15:58 Burrito of Peace

Tanto Edge wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:30:
That's very nice EA. Does it work with a G25? DOES IT WORK WITH A FUCKING WHEEL!?

Not on the Xbox One version which would lead me to reasonably expect a lack of wheel support on other platforms as well.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 08:15 Burrito of Peace

I wish this game were set in Vietnam. I'd much rather play a Vietnam focused, story driven FPS than yet another run of the mill WW2 clone.

That was a decent story trailer that was then absolutely fucked by "PRE-ORDER NOW FOR MULTIPLAYER SHIT!"

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 19, 2017, 08:10 Burrito of Peace

"hard core multiplayer" = "we like griefing".  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2017, 09:58 Burrito of Peace

Skyrim is STILL in the top 10 after 6 years (though not consistently, admittedly). For a single player game, that's pretty awesome.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2017, 11:00 Burrito of Peace

Having played KSP since its KS alpha days, I can totally empathize with the folks over at Space X. Even simulation rocket science is fucking hard. Sure, you could cheap out and just do a separation collar and float the CM down but everyone does that. To land vertically, at the destination of your choice, without cratering is a reward like no other. Hats off to the Space X folks for keeping with it and pushing forward when the US Government is more interested in bombing brown people than it is in advancing science.  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 15:42 Burrito of Peace

Back when I worked in gaming, I used to have a sign up in my office: "It's not a good day on the Internet unless both my race and my sexuality have been called in to question."

That still holds true, so many years later. "Faggot nigger" or "Nigger faggot" is probably what I have heard most. People like that loser PewDiePie pander to that crowd and exacerbate the issue.

Does he have a right to speak as he wishes? Well...sorta. "Hate speech" legislation does come in to effect although clearly not prosecuted. He's lost sponsorship but that doesn't truly matter as he has enough of a base to establish a new monetization scheme.

Honestly, PewDiePie needs to be called what he is; a neo nazi. He has clearly defined episodes of anti-semitism and racism. The only thing missing is his take on The Fourteen Words.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 17:10 Burrito of Peace

I in no way believe that generator story.

Rigs, best of luck to you and yours. Hope everything comes out OK.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 17:05 Burrito of Peace

Saboth wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 16:30:
WaltC wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 15:53:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 13:45:
Inocuous statement here.

Inane, uneducated, myopic, and utterly illogical blathering here

Reasonable rebuttal here.

Saboth, don't waste your time. You would find it more productive to teach a particularly pissed off honey badger meditative yoga.

News Comments > Animal Farm Game Announced
13. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 7, 2017, 06:18 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 05:31:
Next in line: Lord of the Flies sandbox survival sim.

But you repeat yourself.

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn This Month
1. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn This Month Sep 6, 2017, 12:04 Burrito of Peace

WOOT! Totally looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
21. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2017, 18:12 Burrito of Peace

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 10:37:
All my VMs are Linux of course but my server would be, too, if I didn't rely on so much Windows software for the pre-existing setup. Microsoft is at least aware of these issues and supposedly will be changing their approach. I think we've heard that before...

Is there a particular reason why you can't migrate that bare metal install to a VM outside of perhaps a lack of convenience?

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 12:49:
Though, to be fair, you really should have a BDC or two.

And we do, but the point is that I or my fellow sysadmins shouldn't have to juggle bullshit "active hours" or have our servers reboot without our consent or active involvement.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2017, 09:34 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 16:53:
HolArt and music is based on all those insane old cartoons from the 1930s.

That would be the Max Fleischer style. He did things way, way before Warner Brothers and Disney ever thought of doing them and a lot of what they did do was based off his pioneering techniques. For example, a lot of the old animated films that look like they are quasi three dimensional is based on his invention of the Rotoscope.

2592 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo