Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2993 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 19, 2018, 17:15 Burrito of Peace

People still use Google as a search engine? Damn. DDG for me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 16, 2018, 17:47 Burrito of Peace

I am a huge, huge fan of the Brother's laser printers. They support Linux, which is a must for me, and my wife is a bookkeeper/accountant/tax person and she pounds the Hell out of the HL-L2360DW we bought about four years ago. According to the admin panel, we are just shy of 500K pages and it is still going strong. We've swapped out toner cartridges, of course, but it is still on its original drum and fuser assemblies.

We've also been deploying them at work for people who request personal copiers in their offices and we have a zero percent failure rate.

Now Ricoh...anything, on the other hand, are just different sized piles of shit who can, and will, leak toner all over you if you give them so much as a hard stare.

News Comments > Kerbal Expands
3. Re: Kerbal Expands Mar 14, 2018, 01:17 Burrito of Peace

Can they just fix the fucking landing gear problem, please?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 9, 2018, 12:40 Burrito of Peace

Task wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 10:46:
I do enjoy the 1998 version for...

...Mimi Rogers in a skintight outfit.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
20. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 12:38 Burrito of Peace

Oh FFS...I'll do it:

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2018, 12:33 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 11:43:
Oregon Fails to Repeal Law Giving Comcast Unneeded Tax Break.

Hard for a politician to do the right thing when he's paid off not to.

Here's how we fix that:

1. Strict term limits on all elected and appointed positions.
2. No lobbyist or PAC donations and a formerly elected or appointed person cannot take a job in any directly related or associated field for a decade.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat
8. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Battles Toxic Chat Mar 5, 2018, 14:27 Burrito of Peace

Starting about 20 years ago, I have had a saying posted up in my office: "It's not a good day on the internet unless both my race and sexuality have been called in to question."

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Cord-cutters are basically killing satellite TV Mar 3, 2018, 18:00 Burrito of Peace

MeanJim wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 16:49:
Satellite TV (and Cable) are killing themselves. People are cutting the cord as a result.

This. We cut the cord a couple of years ago because the costs kept going up, the service was getting worse, and we found that I was just downloading the few shows we actually wanted to watch in true 1080 because our cable provider advertised "HD" but it was just overscanned 480.

Also, fuck "promotional" rates. Just charge a consistent flat fee. Better yet, just let me do ala carte channel selections. I have zero fucks to give about Disney, ESPN, ION, Hallmark, and others. Just let me have History, Discovery, Science, Travel, and Sky. I also don't want your 300 channels of badly compressed, shitty music, either.

<insert grumpyoldmanyellsatclouds.jpg>

News Comments > Rumor: Battlefield V to Return to WW2
8. Re: Rumor: Call of Duty V to Return to WW2 Mar 2, 2018, 07:01 Burrito of Peace

How about instead of running back to that tired old well, they try a different era? Say Vietnam or Korea.

Or are there too many Boomers around that would get their jimmies rustled?

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
17. Re: Re Mar 2, 2018, 07:00 Burrito of Peace

Oh, the good ole GOP. Putting the R in retarded.  

News Comments > Throw Anything Early Access
5. Re: Throw Anything Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 17:27 Burrito of Peace

That looks like garbage.  

News Comments > Crytek CEO Change
1. Re: Crytek CEO Change Feb 28, 2018, 19:53 Burrito of Peace

"“With the company in a strong position, now is the ideal time to recognize the existing leadership’s excellent achievements over these past two years and formally transition executive leadership to Avni and Faruk. I have been honored to serve as CEO of the company I founded with my brothers almost 20 years ago and have seen the team accomplish breakthrough things in that time. I look forward to continue helping Crytek as a major shareholder, and I am very excited to see what tomorrow brings. I have every confidence that the company will continue to shine under the guidance of Avni, Faruk, and the rest of the leadership team.”"

Translation: "I have royally fucked this company up and my partners are forcing me out to salvage what they can from the burning wreckage."

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 19:20 Burrito of Peace

RedEye, don't feed in to it. I am sure you have better things to do.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April
21. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 19:18 Burrito of Peace

Hyperbolic hysteria aside, I am quite looking forward to this. Definitely looking forward to the campaign.  

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2018, 11:19 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 09:25:
Is "BAN ALL THE GUNS" really a point people routinely bring up, though? I keep seeing it from people who think it's being brought up, and maybe that's just what I'm paying attention to, but I've really never seen anyone say "ban pistols and hunting rifles."

The discussion right now seems to be "ban AR-15s" followed by "fascist!"

Yes, unfortunately. I have been seeing it with some regularity on Facebook with the exact polar opposite coming from other contacts on Facebook, that's why I mentioned it.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2018, 09:02 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 21:08:
This isn't about mental health. This isn't about gunslinging teachers. This is about guns. Period.

It's about the insane amount of military-grade weaponry in private hands that can be purchased with astonishing ease.

Bingo.

We seem to be sitting between two equally loud and equally obnoxious points of view. Namely: "BAN ALL THE GUNS" and "MY M249 WITH GRENADE LAUNCHER IS A CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHT". I am neither a fan nor a proponent of either. Rather, I am for the ban of some types of firearms while not wholly restricting the ownership of all firearms. There is no logical, justifiable reason that your average civilian has to own something like an AR-15 (or its derivatives) that has either been modified to be fully automatic or has a bump stock to provide a more rapid rate of fire. Additionally, there is no defensible reason to have a 30 round magazine. I would go further to say that there is no logical reason to own an assault style rifle or machine pistol at all. It isn't designed to go hunting with and if a person says they do then I assume one of two things to be true: they are either a really, really shitty shot and need more range time with a qualified instructor or they're lying to excuse their fetishization of firearms. However, if you want to own a 10/44 or a P89? Have at and enjoy your time at the range with it. As for mandatory registration, I am somewhat hesitant on the idea because I do not, for a single second, trust our government. I do not believe that a government that is bought and paid for by special interest groups and lobbyists is going to perform their duties with the best interests of the public at large in mind. Instead, I am fully onboard with restrictions on who can own a firearm legally including those with histories of domestic violence or incidents of violence against others, and I am onboard with requiring licensing and mandatory safety and proficiency qualifications.

It is very clear that we have a problem with violence in our country that is both unchecked and willfully ignored. This, too, must be addressed and we have to be honest with ourselves to do it. It cannot be a political resolution because of the divisiveness, hypocrisy, and dishonest nature of both political parties. Instead, this is something we have to address as a culture and as people. Unfortunately, I have little faith that will happen as most people are far too entrenched in their ideologies and self-created tribes to see just how much ignoring everything that isn't their ideology and everyone who isn't in their tribe harms them in the long run.

I am reluctant to end this on a down note but I am nothing if not a realist. Nothing will change as long as people continue to scream at one another, react emotionally and blindly, and continue to play the blame game without objectively looking at the problem and honestly addressing it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Oakwood Road Rage Feb 23, 2018, 21:44 Burrito of Peace

That's a lot of ham.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 23, 2018, 20:23 Burrito of Peace

Simon Says wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 16:48:
Got both OS and BIOS fixes since day one of release, never had any issue. Guess I got lucky.

You did. Intel isn't releasing BIOS updates for their own motherboards outside of a very narrow, select range.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 12:40 Burrito of Peace

Yeah, it would be damn tough to recode the entire mechanics systems for RTMs and loot boxes.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 11:22 Burrito of Peace

Looking forward to strapping in to the Chieftan and do some exploring.  

2993 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo