Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2203 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
24. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 12:38 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:32:
Dacron wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:11:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 10:52:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 22:24:
Great White Shark wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 21:54:
Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:33:
Looks more like a steaming load to me.

No one gives a shit what you think.

And you're off to a great start too, mister 253 posts. Looking at your history, you seem to have basically nothing positive to contribute to any discussion. You'd be a lot happier in life if you tried being less negative. But that's none of my business. *sips tea*

And that's why you keep idiots like him on ignore.

The irony is strong in that statement.

Armengar you have 1068 posts.
Quality not quantity. No one here doubts who is ignored the most.

AnnointedSword? Hellbinder?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
24. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 14:20 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:11:
Whatever. Those of you bitching about the graphics can keep bitching. I'm going to buy the game on 11/10. Bring on the post apocalyptic wasteland!

Hell yes! I'm stoked for some ghoul killing, super mutant smashing, Brotherhood ripping fun!

When do preloads start? Monday?

News Comments > World of Fishing Beta Opens
5. Re: World of Fishing Beta Opens Nov 3, 2015, 23:10 Burrito of Peace

I read it as "World of Fisting" at first and I thought "Well, I guess the FetLife crowd will be all over it."  

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2015, 08:20 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 02:34:
I should have expected the cynicism but holy fuck, not one even one other hopeful? It's fucking STAR TREK!

I am hopeful. I've seen a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on social media since yesterday after this announcement. I find it funny because when Star Trek was good, it was damned good. However, packed all around that were large chunks of mediocrity and downright awful. TNG suffered from "Crisis of the Week" syndrome, DS9 took years to become interesting and, until it did, it was basically "Little House on the Prairie in Space", and Voyager was written like someone was off their meds for almost its entire run. TOS was arguably the best of them all for blatantly taking on issues of the day but it was only two years of actual episodes. Out of all the TOS movies, Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country are really the only two movies that hold up after all these years. First Contact was decent but then there was Insurrection, Generations, and Nemesis.

Apart from the laborious Xindi time war, Enterprise was probably the closest to being my favorite. It's closest to what I believe our encounter with other species is going to be like and that what we believe to be our best technology is going to seem awfully crude and underpowered compared to far more established and advanced species.

While people want to bitch and moan about the Abrams universe, it successfully revived an IP that had been run in to the ground and all but destroyed. It made people interested in it again and it did it in a way that captured their attention and imagination. Yes, the lens flares were there. Yes, the bridge looked like it had been designed by an Apple design team. However, TNG's bridge looked like the lobby of a Hilton. That giant curved wooden beam across the back just needed a "Reception" sign hanging over the top of it to be perfect.

So, yes, I am hopeful that the new Star Trek will be not just good but better than its predecessors. I hope that it has season long story arcs that fit in to a broader story that's more fleshed out than "Robinson Crusoe in Space". Tap someone like J. Michael Straczynski and you'll have a damned good show.

News Comments > Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans
13. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 25, 2015, 01:00 Burrito of Peace

Sepharo wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 22:05:
The Cave is awesome.

In your opinion. However, the Metacritic score doesn't agree with you.
Sepharo wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 22:05:
And Schafer didn't work on that, it was Ron Gilbert's baby.

Doesn't matter. Schaefer is the one whom is ultimately responsible for DoubleFine's many fuckups since they are all being done under his studio's name. From DoubleFine's own website: Double Fine Productions is an award-winning, independent game development studio founded in 2000 by games industry veteran Tim Schafer.

11. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 24, 2015, 21:20 Burrito of Peace

Fantaz wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 12:19:
WTF are you guys talking about? why are Double Fine bad? source?

Sources:

Broken Age: Broken Promises

"So you bought Spacebase DF-9? Well, fuck you. We're not going to fix the shit we destroyed in broken Alpha after Alpha and now we're not going to finish the game, because we failed basic economic math in high school."

Then there's "The Cave"

"Massive Chalice" which was hilariously summed up as "itís all about the perils of badly organised sex."

Whatever creativity Tim Schaefer had 30 years ago was left on the floor of Lucasarts when he exited and he has the same capacity for running a productive game studio as Kim Jung-il has for running an effective economy.

News Comments > Falcon Collection on GOG.com
8. Re: Falcon Collection on GOG.com Oct 23, 2015, 23:11 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 21:16:
Aero wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 19:07:
A year or two later everything used protected mode extenders and you didn't have to worry about memory anymore, and Falcon 3.0 was definitely the white wale of boot disk fiddling.

I'll agree Falcon3.0 was pretty hard when it came to configuring it for DOS, but out of all the '92-'95 DOS games that came out, none ever gave as much trouble as F-15 Strike Eagle III! And we're talking World Circuit, Wing Commander (and all it's derivatives and sequels), X-Wing (same), Indycar and Nascar Racing, Aces of the Pacific, Task Force 1942, Harpoon2, Jetfighter 2 (lots of sequels back then!), LHX, Seal Team and of course, Wolf3D, Doom and Quake.

Ultima 7 laughs at your puny boot disks.

3. Re: Day of the Tentacle Remake Plans Oct 23, 2015, 23:08 Burrito of Peace

It doesn't matter what they call it. It'll just be "Double Fine fucks over their customers part IV."  

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 14:13 Burrito of Peace

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 09:46:
Pump your breaks.

Is that how the levees brake?

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Rebel Galaxy
6. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Rebel Galaxy Oct 21, 2015, 11:49 Burrito of Peace

Took the plunge and bought it as it was only $18. Not a bad little game and the music is pretty damned cool, too. Reminds me kind of Full Throttle in space. Definitely has a Firefly vibe to it as well. It is a flat plane game but it's pretty enjoyable for what it is.  

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
9. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 19, 2015, 22:34 Burrito of Peace

Overon wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 20:58:
But I don't understand why he's so highly regarded. I don't think the metal gear games are good, especially the plots, which I think are terrible. I have seen better plots in anime. I don't get it clearly.

HERETIC! UNBELIEVER! Actually, I'm with you. They remind me of the fan fiction written by 14 year old boys.

News Comments > Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans
8. Re: Raven's Cry Renamed; Rerelease Plans Oct 19, 2015, 13:02 Burrito of Peace

It's a bummer this game sucks so badly. I've been looking for a really good pirate simulator.  

News Comments > Free Game for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Early Adopters
1. Re: Free Game for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Early Adopters Oct 17, 2015, 11:21 Burrito of Peace

I was disappointed to learn that this has nothing to do with the Heretic series from back in the day.  

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Early Access Next Week
4. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Early Access Next Week Oct 14, 2015, 08:28 Burrito of Peace

If I am not mistaken, the Nitrous engine is what powered the Star Swarm Stress Demo that looked awesome nearly two years ago. Wish they'd turned that demo in to a game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 14:45 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:03:
So what is the advantage again to upgrade good enough W7 to a beta W10. Because all I come up with is "free" and that ain't reason enough. My grandma always said if there are no strings attached, you can be damn sure there's chains.

Given the state of hardware today, if you're running the latest generation of hardware or the one preceding it, Win 7 isn't "good enough" as it doesn't contain the necessary subsystems and kernel improvements to take full and maximum advantage of them.

However, there have been several articles that do a side by side comparison if you want to expend a little effort and search for them.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Apple crap... Oct 13, 2015, 12:57 Burrito of Peace

Zero! Zero fucks given! AH! AH! AH!  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 12:42 Burrito of Peace

harlock wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:23:
i do audio and video work too so i get it, but i didnt think it would be as helpful on web admin or word proc type duties..

I'm sure we don't know all that Blue does with his machine. Hell, if he updated to an OS that was released within this decade, he would see measurable system improvements based on the improved memory management alone let alone the improved disk management subsystem and the difference in the way the Windows kernel works today.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Windows shill as I prefer Linux whenever I can use it, but it's nuts to think Windows 7 is "good enough" when there have been so many improvements to the underlying subsystems that Windows 10 utilizes currently.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 12:00 Burrito of Peace

harlock wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 11:30:
PHJF wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 10:16:
What do you need 32GB of RAM for?

yeah no doubt.. inquiring minds

I have 32GB in this system and there are a variety of reasons:

1. VM Workstation. At any given time, I have anywhere from 6-11 VMs running for testing, development, or other purposes that are a a mix of Windows and *nix.

2. Heavy Photoshop, rendering, or audio production work. Being able to dump massive caches of data in to memory is awesome for quick recall and reuse.

3. Because I can and RAM is cheap (much like Blue's reasoning).

4. Having that much memory also allows for a really nice network buffer when transferring large amounts of data to and from the SAN (either locally or with one of the VMs).

I'm actually kind of frustrated right now as the board only supports 32GB of memory. I think my next upgrade is going to be a server class board that supports up to at least 128GB of RAM and more than one proc. I can still game on it and yet have a lot more headroom to do more than I currently am.

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Sector Zero Announced
1. Re: StarDrive 2 Sector Zero Announced Oct 11, 2015, 00:03 Burrito of Peace

This is bullshit. For months, Zero has been promising a "big update to the game that will fix a lot of issues and add more features". So, instead of the promised patch, we get a fucking DLC announcement? Fuck this guy, I'm done.  

46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2015, 10:14 Burrito of Peace

Thank you, indeed, Blue for Blue's News. I've been coming to this site for almost the entirety of that 20 years, although I didn't register as a user until several years later. Even though I don't play nearly the amount that I used to, I appreciate all the news and information you aggregate.  

2203 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo