Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2951 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 3, 2018, 14:52 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 12:21:
The blue wave, she is a coming.
Dem challenging Ted Cruz brings in a Staggering $6.7M in first quarter

America, the state of Texas apologizes for Ted Cruz.

We also apologize for Dan Patrick I hope he chokes on a bowl of dicks and Greg Abbot Hopefully he loses control of his wheelchair and rolls right out in front of a semi doing 130mph

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced
2. Re: Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced Apr 3, 2018, 13:29 Burrito of Peace

Oh, Intel. You are a shell of the innovative company you used to be.  

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
5. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 10:40 Burrito of Peace

Pepe wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 10:26:
The average gamer needs a better performing and more user friendly version of Linux...

Solus OS. It makes gaming on Linux as easy as it can possibly be. One click driver installs for AMD and Nvidia hardware, Steam has been optimized to run flawlessly on it, and there's even an integration service that gets installed along with Steam that eliminates the headaches that other distros have with Steam. Plus, Solus is fast. Damn fast. On an SSD, my systems have a sub-3 second boot time before I am at the user login. Budgie as a desktop blows pretty much other DE out of the water it terms of ease of use and user familiarity. Software Center is stupidly easy to use and is laid out in a way that is easy for users of any knowledge level to understand. Plus, it already has all the codecs you could ever want to play any kind of media you throw at it.

In fact, I am typing this from a Solus OS powered machine while Surviving Mars runs in the background. Rarely do I scream "USE THIS DISTRO!" However, in the case of Solus, I am doing exactly that. I think it is the perfect Linux distro to transition Windows users to. Probably because I have. 16 people and counting.

However, I do agree that there is a definite chicken and egg problem. The only publisher I am seeing that is breaking that problem in to a manageable transition is Paradox Interactive. All of their games are released simultaneously with Windows and Linux versions and there is no performance difference between the two different versions although my experience is that Stellaris is more performant under Linux than Windows.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2018, 08:18 Burrito of Peace

I love Far Cry 5 for one reason; not only do I get to mow down religious zealots, but I am encouraged to do so.

It makes me feel like I am bringing back sanity, reason, and logic...one kill at a time.

News Comments > Mafia Series on GOG.com
2. Re: Mafia Series on GOG.com Mar 30, 2018, 13:00 Burrito of Peace

As great a game as Mafia I was in it's day, it hasn't held up that well. It's not even the graphics but the really clunky control mechanics are just incredibly awkward.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2018, 09:50 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 16:15:
Still find it odd that so many can't understand that bitcoin : blockchain :: motorcycle : wheels

It's just one use of a technology that can be used in many different ways.

I think it is because cryptocurrency, which Bitcoin has been the face of for a long time, has been most associated with blockchain technology that they've been indistinguishable in the public gestalt.

Kind of like how any facial tissue is Kleenex even if it isn't that particular brand.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
23. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 21:36 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 18:22:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 13:45:
Linthat22 wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 12:51:
Imagine if Richard had the funds and the team like for Star Shitizen!

He did...and he made Tabula Rasa with it.

He also made Ultima Online.

Which is meaningless when Ultima 8 was dogshit, Ultima 9 was dogshit, Tabula Rasa was dogshit, and Shroud of the Avatar is seemingly dogshit as well.

The fact that his last successful title came out 21 years ago should be a confirmation, not a rebuttal.

At any rate, your comment would very much fall under the auspices of the phrase "damning with faint praise."

22. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 21:32 Burrito of Peace

Linthat22 wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 20:10:
Oh dude, don't get me started on that game. At the time, that game was the whole reason my wife and I got matching systems. Then it was released and the reviews showed how none of the stuff in the lead up to release made it and it was essentially a shitty game. We were so bummed. I think GFW Radio did a great synopsis of that game.

But my thing is, he's on his own versus NCSoft telling him what to do. Figured he might've matured a bit.

I saw it from the inside out. There was no way it was ever not going to be a piece of shit.

NCsoft didn't tell Garriot to do anything and that was the problem. He was allowed to wander aimlessly, reboot the game internally twice, and blow through more money than you can imagine. If it were not for Lineage II subs in SK and the Guild Wars sales figures, NCsoft would have been bankrupted by Tabula Rasa.

17. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 13:45 Burrito of Peace

Linthat22 wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 12:51:
Imagine if Richard had the funds and the team like for Star Shitizen!

He did...and he made Tabula Rasa with it.

11. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 06:19 Burrito of Peace

What, yet another shitty MMO from Garriot and company? Say it ain't so! This is completely unprecedented!  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Released
21. Re: Far Cry 5 Released Mar 27, 2018, 14:04 Burrito of Peace

Prez wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 12:04:
Oh, and before anyone reminds me that the game takes place in Montana just understand that Rednecks don't only live in the South.

Hell, anyone that has even driven through Montana knows that.

News Comments > Get The Darkness II for Free
13. Re: Get The Darkness II for Free Mar 27, 2018, 07:41 Burrito of Peace

Get your hands off my woman, motherfucker!

Oh, wait, nope. That was the original The Darkness.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 25, 2018, 19:33 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 19:17:
wtf_man wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 17:15:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 15:53:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 13:33:
Got you beat, I've never logged into FB.

It's highly likely you still have a facebook shadow profile even if you've never used facebook.

If one blocks social media links / icons with ublock origin or other privacy tools like Disconnect, Privacy Badger, uMatrix, Bo Scripts, or Ghostry... any profile would be fairly insignificant, if one exists at all.

Also, add this to your hosts file.

Uh...why would an article about dark chocolate help in a hosts file in any way?

Also, hosts file. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
16. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 23, 2018, 05:35 Burrito of Peace

How many more awesome pics of Alonso in a lawn chair are we going to see this year?

I've been watching F1 my whole life (thanks Dad!) and have been to the races at Long Beach, Detroit, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Dallas, and Austin.

I'll be at COTA this weekend for the Pirelli World Challenge so I'll be watching Round 1 of F1 later in the week.

I must admit that this year is somewhat uninspiring due to the addition of the halo and the continued insistence on the godawful V6s. Though I do hope either Ferrari or Red Bull breaks Mercedes' back and stops Mercedes' domination of the sport.

As always, I'll be cheering for Haas as they're the only American F1 team we have. They're still running a Dellara chassis so I don't expect a whole lot of improvement over last year. I think next year they have to run their own designed and built chassis according to the sporting regulations.

...and that's going to end my random babbling about F1 at 0435 in the morning.

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
3. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 22, 2018, 19:08 Burrito of Peace

This is, arguably, the worst of the F1 2XXX series. It still had the wonky, floaty handling physics that was fixed in F1 2016 and later.

I mean, yeah, it's free but just know what you're getting in to.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 21, 2018, 21:17 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 19:10:
Timmeh wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 19:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 19:03:
There goes reddit software sales.

Zuck's helped the dark side, you never help the dark side.

Unless you admit that Obamas' Clintons, Kenedys and all the rest are also and far wrose the "dark side" your opinion is a joke.You May not like Trump but has not done even 1% of all those above mentioned.

Did anyone ever find a timmeh translator ?

Sure did. It's right here.

News Comments > Ataribox is Atari VCS
1. Re: Ataribox is Atari VCS Mar 19, 2018, 19:01 Burrito of Peace

I'm a long time Atari fanboy but I am waiting on this. I want to see the specs first and what launch titles will be available. I also want to see what "Linux OS" their firmware is based on.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2018, 17:19 Burrito of Peace

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 14:04:
The ads at Overclockers Club are some of the most invasive I've ever seen.

Huh, I saw no ads.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 19, 2018, 17:15 Burrito of Peace

People still use Google as a search engine? Damn. DDG for me.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 16, 2018, 17:47 Burrito of Peace

I am a huge, huge fan of the Brother's laser printers. They support Linux, which is a must for me, and my wife is a bookkeeper/accountant/tax person and she pounds the Hell out of the HL-L2360DW we bought about four years ago. According to the admin panel, we are just shy of 500K pages and it is still going strong. We've swapped out toner cartridges, of course, but it is still on its original drum and fuser assemblies.

We've also been deploying them at work for people who request personal copiers in their offices and we have a zero percent failure rate.

Now Ricoh...anything, on the other hand, are just different sized piles of shit who can, and will, leak toner all over you if you give them so much as a hard stare.

2951 Comments. 148 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo