Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2372 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 13, 2016, 17:27 Burrito of Peace

What absolute fucking shitbirds.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 10:11 Burrito of Peace

So, I have a near silent gaming PC right now. I went with both liquid cooling and a Fractal Design case with a fan controller. I LOVE FD's fans because although they are quiet, they remarkably move a bunch of air.

Another thing I did was ditch spinning rust. Too much noise and too much heat. Picked up a 512GB Samsung SSD and all the big storage is on the NAS elsewhere.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 11, 2016, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2016, 05:32:
Cutter wrote on May 10, 2016, 23:36:
Looks good.

It does, but isn't it weird there isn't more excitement for it?

Not really. This is a product from CA and a lot of us who bought in to the Total Ware series are just a little bit more than leery about the state of the "finished" product.

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
17. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 07:53 Burrito of Peace

DangerDog wrote on May 11, 2016, 04:23:
Can only hope that Vulcan takes off in a big way.

I think we'll see that. Most notably, UE4, Source 2, and id Tech 6 already natively support it and Unity is working on supporting it as well. You've also got Intel, AMD, and Nvidia supporting it as well as all the tiny SOC companies (ARM, Samsung, and Qualcomm). So, for games, that covers the entire spectrum.

I was watching a development video where someone was using UE4 and explaining that, by using Vulkan, they could simultaneously release on Windows, Linux, and Android because the pipeline in UE4 could spit out executables and binaries simultaneously.

News Comments > Dead Island Retro Revenge Announced
3. Re: Dead Island Retro Revenge Announced May 10, 2016, 08:28 Burrito of Peace

That looks fucking stupid.  

News Comments > Stellaris Launches
7. Re: Stellaris Launches May 9, 2016, 13:25 Burrito of Peace

About an hour in to it and really digging it. It's cut out of some of the density of CK2 and streamlined a lot of the interface so it is much, much more approachable.  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta
18. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 17:50 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:11:
First racing game (that I can remember) that simulate weather conditions with water ponds that affect car handling as you drive through them on the track...

That would be incorrect. The first dedicated racing game to model weather and its effect on traction was Geoff Crammond's World Circuit that was released in 1991.

I used to race the shit out of that game against my dad back in the day. We didn't have racing wheels back then, so we used CH's flight yoke and sliding yaw pedals to simulate a wheel and pedal setup.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Mediah Part Two
2. Re: Black Desert Online Mediah Part Two May 4, 2016, 21:54 Burrito of Peace

JohnBirshire wrote on May 4, 2016, 18:33:
What MMO's are the "least grindy" nowadays?

This one, by far.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 4, 2016, 21:34 Burrito of Peace

I never have Arch just up and reboot on me...  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
6. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 15:04 Burrito of Peace

At this rate of DLC release, I should be able to pick up the whole DLC bundle at around Christmas for a hefty discount.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Government wants fingerprints to unlock phones May 2, 2016, 13:51 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on May 2, 2016, 13:18:
The fact that they STILL don't understand that this whole Rush to Encryption is their own fault just speaks volumes about the kind of people that "serve" in government.

The fact that my country, the US, is inevitably heading toward a police state has caused me to harden every device I own to the maximum extent that the device allows. I'd rather sit in jail on a contempt charge, as unlikely as that is to happen, indefinitely than give access to my devices and personal information.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2016, 11:56 Burrito of Peace

Watching the video, it seems like someone took the ideas of Dead Space, Bioshock, and Fallout and compressed them down into a single entity.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: retarded 9 grindfest 2 May 1, 2016, 22:02 Burrito of Peace

I have to say...Factorio is boring as fuck to me. I really, really tried to like it due to Atari ST nostalgia (as it is very similar to a game that I used to play on it).

The rest of the games do nothing for me, personally, but then I know that I am nearing the end of my gaming years as fewer and fewer titles appeal to me.

I'm not going to call anyone out whom enjoys the titles that do not interest me, but I don't think it's correct either to say any of the games on this list are of particular interest to everyone.

For example, I'd really like to believe that the Warhammer games doesn't suck. But it's being done by Creative Assembly whom doesn't exactly have the greatest track record with their releases in the last ten years. Shogun was interesting, when it didn't crash or grind to a halt. Do I even need to bring up Rome 2? I own them both so, obviously, the joke is on me.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 1, 2016, 19:22 Burrito of Peace

wtf_man wrote on May 1, 2016, 12:14:
It won't be the Xeon D (45 Watts). The Core M3 and M5 uses 1/10 that power (4.5 Watts). The Atom x5-Z8300 uses 2 Watts (Thermal) by comparison.

The difference is that none of the Core line is as SOC capable as the Xeon Ds are. So, yes, right now the first gen Xeon D is a power vacuum, it's not going to stay that way. Especially not with the plans that Intel has publicly stated they have for the D.

So I am betting that the Xeon line splits into two lines; one that is their standard bread and butter big iron sockets and the other is their AIO SOCs that can be used for microservers, dense nodal computing, embedded servers, and anything else that needs a small, power sipping proc that packs a heavy punch. The fact that it can then also be applied to other LoBs will be a consideration.

If you look at what Intel has been doing for the last five years, they have been very quietly, but very earnestly, ramping down their consumer side products. Sure, there's the Core line currently. But there are no longer Intel Desktop Boards, all of their Intel Home, Science, and Kids stuff is gone, they no longer produce stand alone networking gear for consumer purchase (because most of the latter they role in to an AIO chipset package). All of their efforts are now focused in to enterprise networking, enterprise data, enterprise computing, and SOC/embedded gear.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Intel cuts Atom chips, basically giving up on the smartphone and tablet markets Apr 30, 2016, 23:14 Burrito of Peace

Doesn't surprise me at all. I am betting that, long term, the Xeon D paves the way for all lower power consumption devices without having to sacrifice performance and standardization.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: 3.5mm jack Apr 29, 2016, 11:40 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:35:
As long as it's a universal standard and doesn't jack up the price with licensing fees I'm all for it.

It won't be and it will.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 11:38 Burrito of Peace

Retired wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:26:
The amount of craziness surrounding your service in that area is mind boggling. I don't know of anyone that has as many connectivity issues across all levels of service as you!

Now you know two. I have Suddenlink out to the house at least twice a week and have had them that way for the last 6 months or so. I'd switch...if the only other option wasn't radio at 1.5Mbps and a 10GB hard cap.

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER Preorder Bonus Extended
1. Re: Total War WARHAMMER Preorder Bonus Extended Apr 29, 2016, 11:34 Burrito of Peace

Guess they're not getting the pre-order numbers they want. If they had gone with the 40K universe instead, they'd have made eleventy brazillion dollars or does Relic still have that license locked down?

News Comments > Lionhead Closed
5. Re: Lionhead Closed Apr 29, 2016, 11:32 Burrito of Peace

The Black and White games were pretty awesome for their day. Fable was a fun romp, too, for the most part.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2016, 15:32 Burrito of Peace

El Pit wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 13:56:
PHJF wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:12:
All the data of the current/past intercourse will be available on the phone, in the cloud, and for selected advertisement partners of Apple. Enjoy!

That's called a FitDick. I've got 10,000 thrusts today, so far.

Man, your right hand must be HURTING!

That's why he switches off to The Stranger every so often, to lower the risk of RSI.

2372 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo