Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2311 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2016, 17:38 Burrito of Peace

I went a different route. I have two 256GB SSD for my boot drives (one for Windows, one for Linux)and swap. On Linux, my /home actually resides on a NAS share. On Windows, my gaming "drive" is a network drive mapped to a different share on the NAS. I have zero performance problems with this setup. I don't see the point in having a spinning rust disk in the system when I can point everything that I want to keep on the NAS and have it remain stateful through multiple iterations of machines.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Insomnia Sale
2. Re: GOG.com Insomnia Sale Mar 21, 2016, 21:09 Burrito of Peace

I watched 5 games go past and they were all shitty, low-rent titles that had mostly negative reviews.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2016, 01:33 Burrito of Peace

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:25:
On a side note, I can't believe how bad the commentary is for F1 in the US. It's embarrassing. It consists almost entirely of long pauses and painfully obvious statements - the amount of dead air is bizarre.

It's Leigh Fucking Diffy that's the problem. When Bob Varsha covered it with Hobbes and Matchett on Speed, it was a far better broadcast.

Diffy is an ignorant fuckstick whose best claim to fame is that he is a "never was" in also-ran team from V8 Super Cars in Australia. Hell, we don't even really get Sam Posey anymore doing voiceovers.

We just watch Sky's coverage now because at least those cats are funny and natural in comparison.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2016, 21:15 Burrito of Peace

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 17:37:
As a self-identified Fridgekin, this triggers me.

As a kin dysphoric person, this triggered me and I NEED A SAFE SPACE!

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2016, 22:39 Burrito of Peace

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 21:29:
Phil Spencer = Gaylord

I do not believe that Phil Spencer is a joyous sovereign.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 18, 2016, 16:15 Burrito of Peace

I'm just hoping Cyberpunk is a better game than Satellite Reign was. For a game that hyped itself as a spiritual successor to the Syndicate series, it was a massive letdown.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2016, 10:59 Burrito of Peace

Forget basketball. The F1 season kicks off on Sunday with the season opener in Melbourne with the Australian Grand Prix!

The US has representation for the first time in decades with the Haas F1 team.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Launch
4. Re: Need for Speed PC Launch Mar 16, 2016, 23:10 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 23:07:
Their stuff looks pretty sweet though. Anyone use it?

Yes, and I enjoy their wheels and pedals very, very much. They work quite well in my cockpit setup.

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 23:07:
Anyone use it with ETS2 or ATS?

No.

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
18. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 09:46 Burrito of Peace

Color me impressed. I agree that the graphics need some serious work, though.  

News Comments > Beacon Announced
3. Re: Beacon Announced Mar 9, 2016, 10:26 Burrito of Peace

I'm sure if someone created "Taking a Shit Simulator" that it would have "roguelike" in its description. Utterly useless and wildly overused nonsense.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Delay; Specs Mar 8, 2016, 20:04 Burrito of Peace

Yeah, after Rome 2...I think I am going to give this one a wide berth. Shogun 2 didn't exactly wash the taste of it out of my mouth.  

News Comments > GeForce Driver Warning
17. Re: GeForce Driver Warning Mar 8, 2016, 14:31 Burrito of Peace

rudra wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:43:
InBlack wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 10:43:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 10:33:
Great QA work from Nvidia. I'm glad I didn't "upgrade" my drivers.

That's prudent.

is it prudent?

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent!

News Comments > OVERLOAD Teaser Demo
12. Re: OVERLOAD Teaser Demo Mar 8, 2016, 09:58 Burrito of Peace

Hmmmm...with the exception of heroin, the posts gushing about this game have very low post counts.

I'm not a suspicious person by nature but I'm less than convinced.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2016, 20:42 Burrito of Peace

No links to said pics? Disappointing.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
5. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 3, 2016, 20:57 Burrito of Peace

As I have said since this was revealed to the public, this game is going to be shallow, boring, grueling and ultimately pointless. Ultra huge galaxies with "content generation" that are interesting and fully fleshed out won't become a thing until we have 10Thz quantum processors, 512YB (Yes, yottabytes) of multiplanar RAM, Video cards that can render the world as we see it at 2000FPS with no tearing at all, and storage devices the size of rice grains that hold zetabytes of information. Hell, the world is just that complex to simulate in full, real time detail let alone galaxies teeming with billions of stars and trillions of worlds. Each unique unto itself.

This game is a joke. "Look, you discovered a plant! You can name it! Look, you discovered another plant that looks almost exactly like the last plant you just discovered except it's a different color. Isn't this exciting? Isn't this revolutionary?"

Pathetic.

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 Released
10. Re: Bus Simulator 16 Released Mar 2, 2016, 23:43 Burrito of Peace

I was going to make fun of this until it hit me that "Dude, you play a fucking TRUCKING simulator!"

News Comments > The Division Launch Day Plans
1. Re: The Division Launch Day Plans Mar 2, 2016, 21:13 Burrito of Peace

Step 1: Blow the dust out of the wheezing 486 mini tower that hosts Uplay so three people instead of two can connect to authenticate the game.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 2, 2016, 17:38 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 09:43:
Thought it said "Dragon" and got all excited someone was remaking the old Dynamix title...

Yeah, I think I'd actually rather play a Rise of the Dragon remake. Kinda burned out on dungeon crawlers at the moment after both LoGs and another game whose name escapes me currently.

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
18. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 16:08 Burrito of Peace

Gearsgate!  

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
7. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 13:48 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 12:10:
SO anyone try it? Is it any good? Is the content there or should people wait a bit before buying in?

I own it. I really like it though there is room for improvement and not an insignificant amount. I was talking about it with some friends over poker last Saturday night and all of us are old MOO players, back to the original (Hell, three of us know or knew Steve Barcia and Ken Burd). We all agree that while it is an enjoyable game, it is not yet fantastic. The races are unbalanced, the tech tree has taken an either/or path in some instances (instead of inclusive as it used to be), and the AI is pretty boneheaded at the moment.

2311 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo