Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2995 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 24, 2018, 00:02 Burrito of Peace

This is exactly why I built my own router. Yes, it even does wirless AC that covers the whole house.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RuneScape Classic Closing
2. Re: RuneScape Classic Closing May 23, 2018, 23:58 Burrito of Peace

So release the source code for the servers as open source and let people run their own servers if they want the Classic/Old School playstyle.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2018, 14:38 Burrito of Peace

Any time the word "roguelike" is mentioned, down the bottle.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 18, 2018, 21:26 Burrito of Peace

Keep sending your "thoughts and prayers". I'm sure that will magically bring back to life the 9 dead children in Santa Fe as well as those killed and injured in the 21 other shootings this year alone.

Fuck the Republicans and fuck every tiny dicked, mouth breathing, insecure, fucknugget who supports them.

News Comments > NCSoft Financials
2. Re: NCSoft Financials May 17, 2018, 09:51 Burrito of Peace

Frijoles wrote on May 16, 2018, 20:40:
Really missing CoH. Wish they'd turn a server back on.

Not going to happen. Once Cryptic and NCSoft parted ways, there was no one left who could maintain the hot mess that was the CoH/CoV backend outside of the network infrastructure.

News Comments > Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed
7. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 16, 2018, 17:35 Burrito of Peace

Would be awesome if it were Vietnam in all of its futile, gory, morally ambiguous glory.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
26. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 16, 2018, 06:54 Burrito of Peace

I'm now more interested. Avalanche's last big title was Mad Max which was fucking awesome.  

1. These are the top ten baby names in the US. May 15, 2018, 12:54 Burrito of Peace

At least it's not another tsunami of names that end with "aydan".

On the subject of TV shows, I've begun to divorce myself from watching TV. Not from any stupid hipster ideology but because every show I have truly liked in the past decade has been cancelled. What's the point of investing time and energy in to a show if it is never resolved?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse May 15, 2018, 09:08 Burrito of Peace

I made it through five episodes before I gave up on that dreck. From the literal deus ex machina to the bland, contrived "danger", it's just not a good show. I found no particular character interesting, insightful, or even compelling. Not even Parker Posy, whom I generally enjoy, could do a whole lot with her character. It seems like the only direction she received was "twitchy sociopath".

It could have been awesome, a worthy rival to The Expanse, because the material to be so is certainly there. The showrunners just failed hard.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 14, 2018, 11:05 Burrito of Peace

I have to concur with Cutter. ProtonMail is pretty badass. So is their VPN service as well.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Video Leak?
8. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 11:01 Burrito of Peace

I'm kind of digging it. It clearly isn't taking itself seriously which is a refreshing change from the current crop of deadly earnest FPS games.

I'll wait to see the gameplay trailer tomorrow but I am at least mildly interested.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2018, 18:29 Burrito of Peace

Mr. Tact wrote on May 11, 2018, 17:56:
There are bad dates, and then there are BAD dates.

To quote Mrs. Burrito "That bitch has crazy eyes. Never, ever get involved with someone with crazy eyes. It's like nature's signpost somewhat akin to the coloring on poisonous and venomous creatures."

6. So close to a Darwin Award May 11, 2018, 14:28 Burrito of Peace

God damn, people are fucking stupid. Don't fuck with nature. Of course, had the cheetahs gone full cheetah, they would have been put down because the humans were fucking retards.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 10, 2018, 22:14 Burrito of Peace

Does anyone care? No? No? OK, get the lights. We're done here.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2018, 18:00 Burrito of Peace

LibertyOrDeath wrote on May 8, 2018, 15:27:
People who believe in macroevolution (by faith) are not science deniers? Please show me where mutations and natural selection created life by the scientific method (observation, etc...). See, you cannot-- your faith in nothing is strong!

Do you even science, bro?

However, knowing the audience I am trying to reach, I will attempt to use very small words and crayon drawings for edification purposes. Most ID, or "Teh majuk skie wizurd did it", proponents always try to disprove evolution based on the fact that we cannot yet pinpoint the exact time, location, and makeup of when the building blocks necessary for the creation of the chemical elements (also necessary) required for simple protein chains. These protein chains makeup the cellular construction of single cell organisms.

Science, and scientists, are the first to say "we don't know yet". Because we lack a time machine, we can't go back to the initial point of origin for our galaxy, let alone our universe. So what we are left with is tracing the origins of species as far back as we can using the fossil record. That, combined with detailed and reviewed taxonomy, biology, genetics, plus many other fields, provides us with the information necessary to state that species can be grouped in to genuses, genuses can be grouped in to families, and so on up that taxonomical chart.

An easier to understand "proof of concept" for evolution comes from the humble virus. We have observed, recorded, reviewed, and proven actual mutations in virii as well as natural selection. Moreover, we have created several bacteriophages from scratch. Because virii fit within the scientific parameters as to what qualifies life, we can use them to show the process of evolution from our understanding of its earliest point through to completion of a living organism.

How that process is undertaken is an exercise left for the student and their use of their favorite search engine.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 7, 2018, 12:13 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on May 7, 2018, 10:26:
Well, at least they didn't shoot 2300 people.

....yet. But then again, this wasn't in the US and I am sure the NSW police force isn't a catchall for those that wash out of the Stasi or SS.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
18. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 6, 2018, 17:15 Burrito of Peace

Good for the bear. Guy was a total fuckstick who deserved to die. Leave nature the fuck alone.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. How Long Do Hard Drives Last? 2018 Hard Drives Stats. May 2, 2018, 10:20 Burrito of Peace

I see Seagate has finally managed to drag themselves out of that slump they were in of terrible drive reliability. HGST is still the leader, though, in terms of reliability.  

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Technical Beta
20. Re: State of Decay 2 Technical Beta May 2, 2018, 07:15 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on May 1, 2018, 22:31:
After the OMFG it's FuhREee and has DX12 moran rush died down Windows 10 adoption came to a crawl. The repeated Winter/Summer/Spring/Fall service pack bullshit is ridiculous.
I have spent the last few days watching/nursing the April update install on pc's at 2 businesses and one Law firm. What a fucking joke, can't complain though because I'm getting paid.
Where as my customers with 7 are as happy as 2 peas in a pod because their shit just works.

Are you using a WSUS to distribute the update?

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. May 2, 2018, 07:12 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2018, 03:39:
I do take solace that, as a race, we continue to improve our technology, and that someday, death from cancer will no longer be a thing.

It will continue to be a thing so long as medicine and healthcare are profit driven. There is far more money, currently, in treating cancer than in curing it. No cure will be forthcoming so long as treating it is a billions per year cash cow.

2995 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo