Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2483 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2016, 21:53 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2016, 14:36:
They at the very least need to ...come with non-removable/blockable GPS/RFID trackers monitored by the government.

...riiiiiight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Sprouts
2. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Sprouts Oct 24, 2016, 21:46 Burrito of Peace

Looking forward to the Cornfed Girls of Iowa DLC...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 12:35 Burrito of Peace

I truly hope Samsung doesn't kill the Note series. I love my Note 3 but it is getting really long in the tooth and AT&T isn't pushing updates for it anymore.

I like the stylus, I like the user replaceable battery (which I have had to do) and SD card, it's bright and gorgeous looking still. I just would like to receive regular security updates.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 07:58 Burrito of Peace

oops. Double post.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2016, 07:58 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 19:21:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 17:15:
We have a canal here that regularly gets sewage runoff. Every few years someone fall in drunk and get infected with the flesh eating bacteria. Sometimes they die. It's a thing.

Yeah, that's some crazy bacteria. Shitty way to die too.

I've actually been hospitalized due to contracting flesh eating bacteria. Damn near died. My infectious diseases doctor and I would joke that I would be able to smuggle in a can of coke and some candy with the two holes that developed in my abdomen from having to cut out so much tissue to stop the spread.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2016, 18:46 Burrito of Peace

I'd love to see a BF/CoD style game set in Vietnam that was focused on the single player story.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2016, 17:37 Burrito of Peace

Another alternative, if you're feeling up to a challenge, is to install Arch Linux on that Raspberry Pi. It can be as light and fast as you want it to be and there is an excellent wiki that walks you through the install and setup. You can pick from a plethora of Desktop Environments that suit your needs and tastes.

Then you can proudly join the ranks of we Archtards.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2016, 12:27 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:23:
Ubuntu Turns 12, Happy Birthday! (yesterday).

I got ubuntu running on a pi here at work, and while it's good, the pi hardware just can't quiet keep up...still a nice desktop, though.

Ubuntu tends to be pretty resource heavy, as far as Linux distros go. If you're using the Unity desktop environment, you might want to look at LXDE or XFCE since they are much lighter weight.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
17. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 14:06 Burrito of Peace

So let's see:

Constant wear on contacts between base and those paddle things ("Contact corrosion, wear, and fatigue? What the fuck is that?" asked Nintendo's engineering department)
Small parts that are going to be easily lost or broken
Extremely unlikely to be competitive with either the Xbox or the Playstation (Did you see those Skyrim visuals? They're on par with the Xbox 360 version)
The cognitive dissonance that people who actually go to parties and pick up basketball games want to suddenly all stand around squinting at a screen the size of Note or similarly sized phablet
Battery life that will be measured in the low to middle single digit hour range
A kickstand that looks about as robust as a toothpick holding up a boulder

News Comments > Stellaris DLC and Patch
1. Re: Stellaris DLC and Patch Oct 20, 2016, 11:12 Burrito of Peace

As an FYI, any games you have saved under the older 1.2 version are not compatible with the latest patch.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Re-launch
1. Re: Medieval Engineers Re-launch Oct 18, 2016, 23:30 Burrito of Peace

How do you "re-launch" a game that hasn't successfully launched in the first place?  

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Announced
5. Re: Star Control: Origins Announced Oct 18, 2016, 15:04 Burrito of Peace

I want to be excited, I do. I play The Ur-Quan Masters frequently.

But then I saw the three screenshots on the forum post.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2016, 12:10 Burrito of Peace

Yesterday's wars were livestreamed. There were many live broadcasts of action during the Vietnam War. Many people witnessed their sons being murdered on live TV.

Jesus fuck, you'd think we'd learn from those lessons. But, apparently not. Instead, we'd rather jerk off with our phones in our hands while watching some 19 year old kid for Nowhere, Kansas who doesn't know shit about life or the world gets his head blown off for our amusement and prurient excitement. Or maybe it's not his head. Maybe it's a leg, or an arm, or he gets gutshot. Will they livestream the godawful, sanity tearing screams of anguish and pain that goes along with that? Will we post little sad emojis in a comments section while it goes on?

Our culture is shit. As a nation, we're just goddamned giddy to wave Chinese manufactured American flags and blindly hero worship idiot kids whom are being shoved through a meat grinder for the benefit of a tiny fraction of our population. This is OK? This is what we really want to see and encourage?

News Comments > United Front Games Closed?
2. Re: United Front Games Closed? Oct 18, 2016, 11:36 Burrito of Peace

Let them lie with their Sleeping Dogs.  

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
13. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 18, 2016, 06:28 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 03:02:
But Mad Max with a Interstate 76 mod.... *drools*

You saw the video that someone made in GTAV as an I'76 trailer that was posted a while back, aye?

News Comments > David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo
5. Re: David Brevik's New Project Isn't Diablo Oct 17, 2016, 22:47 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 22:14:
...go fresh with something in a post-apoc.

There's irony there.

Well, since Blizzard and Activision are the same company now, I'd rather see them bring back Interstate '76.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: WikiLeaks says Assange's Internet link was severed by 'state party.' Oct 17, 2016, 19:01 Burrito of Peace

DangerDog wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 15:12:
Just Hillary having a practice run at cutting internet on anyone with dissenting views over her.

Timmeh wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 18:05:
Not that the Marxist "main stream media" will cover it. These things don't comply with their brain washing agenda.

...riiiiiiiiight. Ucrazy Ucrazy Ucrazy Ucrazy

News Comments > Stellaris DLC This Week; New Trailer
2. Re: Stellaris DLC This Week; New Trailer Oct 17, 2016, 14:08 Burrito of Peace

I'll definitely be picking this up. The War in Heaven event sounds awesome for mid to late game empires that are established with solid fleets.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 16, 2016, 21:14 Burrito of Peace

MT Silver wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 19:15:
There was a time when I looked forward to patches. Now I have nightmares about them.

I always look forward to patches. More free stuff!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 14:19 Burrito of Peace

Westworld is awesome. Michael Wincott's cameo in the first episode was great.

Here there be spoilers:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Anthony's Hopkins character is a lot like Tyrell's from Blade Runner. He wants to create artificial persons that are as human, if not more so, as the real thing. You have Westworld's reveries and BR's implanted memories. You have Abernathy questioning his existence. You have guests of the park constantly remarking how difficult it is to tell the "hosts" from real people. I'm wondering if the end game is for Dolores to go out in to the real world and pass as a human, Pygmalion style.

2483 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo