Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2811 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
2. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 11:43 Burrito of Peace

I'm not in any way surprised.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Get Cuisine Royale for Free
3. Re: Get Cuisine Royale for Free Jun 16, 2018, 23:47 Burrito of Peace

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 21:16:
This game is actually quite fun if u have some humor in your sole...right now u play by yourself..when they add duels so u and your buddy can play together it will be a keeper...

I don't get this response from a semantic view. You'll expressly employ a vowel as a substitution for the word "you"...but you'll type out "your" and "yourself" which are much longer words. So there isn't any time saved in omitting both "y" and "o". "But it's textspeak!" OK, but then if you're muscle memory is that ingrained, you'd type out "ur" and "urself".

Or is this some /btard/4chan psyop fuckery that I am not aware of?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 23:15 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 17:31:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 17:22:
subx wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:47:
Isn't it more a test of how good your monitor is?

I scored 0 on my seven year old Dell U2410

I think so. I scored a 0 as well on an older Samsung Syncmaster.
Take this test https://enchroma.com/pages/test
I scored MODERATE PROTAN
What is a protan?
Protans are people with protanomaly, a type of red-green color blindness in which the red cones do not detect enough red and are too sensitive to greens, yellows, and oranges.

As a result, greens, yellows, oranges, reds, and browns may appear similar, especially in low light. It can also be difficult to tell the difference between blues and purples, or pinks and grays.

I got "Normal Color Vision".

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2018, 17:22 Burrito of Peace

subx wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:47:
Isn't it more a test of how good your monitor is?

I scored 0 on my seven year old Dell U2410

I think so. I scored a 0 as well on an older Samsung Syncmaster.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 9
2. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 16, 2018, 17:11 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:59:
Besides Cyberpunk, what games are y'all looking forward to?

TES 6 isthe next one for me.

Cyberpunk is about it for me. Nothing else caught my fancy because TES 6 is a loooong way off and there have been no announcements made about DLC for Battletech.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
2. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 11:17 Burrito of Peace

And that's exactly why I no longer have any interest in PvP. Co-op PvE is where I will go if I have any inclination whatsoever to play with other human animals.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 20:15 Burrito of Peace

We're already at the point where hertz rate and core count are functionally pointless given the lack of true multithreading in 90% of all applications. I can understand simple applications not needing multithreading and I understand that multithreading without data collision/corruption/getting out of sync is hard. Look at gaming benchmarks on new processors. They are nearly exclusively focused on single core IPC. Until multhreading becomes standard practice in all but the most simple applications, increasing the core count means exactly fuckall. I do understand that there are some applications which take full advantage of multithreading but those are very niche compared to the sea of non-legacy applications that do not.

Hell, even OSes are just getting to the point where multithreading is being used to an advantageous purpose.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 20:12 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 14:49:
I really like my Hyper X headset. Good sound, and a good design with a removable mike and 3.5mm jack. And it wasn't that expensive.

Ditto. I have tried many "gaming" headsets and they always sucked compared to my Sennheiser and AKG reference baselines. The Hyper X were the very first I tried that didn't sound as if they were tuned to solely bass frequencies and didn't feel like I had strapped 50lbs of weight to my head (looking at you here Corsair and Logitech).

The mic on my set is a little quiet but using software as a mixer allowed me to make it a "hot" mic which fixed the problem.

14. Re: ADAM Jun 3, 2018, 21:59 Burrito of Peace

So, basically, Blue is describing the hats that were around in the early 90s that appeared on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Michael Stipe wore frequently.  

1. ntel at last announces Optane memory: DDR4 that never forgets. May 31, 2018, 12:13 Burrito of Peace

This is problematic from a security standpoint. Unless there is a mechanism in place to fully clear that memory (like full, 7 pass disk wipes), it cannot be used in places that require secure storage ala HIPA and FERPA among others.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 31, 2018, 09:15 Burrito of Peace

According to her Twitter account, she is out of surgery, doing well, and the doctors are quite pleased with how everything went.

So it looks like she'll be ok and will be back to making shitty robots!

News Comments > Fallout 76 Revealed
31. Re: Fallout 76 Revealed May 31, 2018, 09:03 Burrito of Peace

If this is an online, survival type game...then I'll pass on it.

But...GIVE ME A REMASTERED INTERSTATE 76!!!!!

Hell, give me an Interstate 77 as a sequel with a short introductory cutscene to remind me of the events of I76.

I have the original I76 on GOG but, sadly, it runs very poorly on modern hardware.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2018, 21:27 Burrito of Peace

When it's 96 degrees and 70-90% humidity (and not raining), you can bet your ass that I'll have my AC on full blast. Zero fucks given about carbon emissions when it's that unpleasant out.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 25, 2018, 14:23 Burrito of Peace

I'm really glad that my generation were not such raging assholes that we could SWAT one another. Sure, we had IRC and chatrooms where we would fuck with one another and maybe occasionally use something like BackOrifice or the like to knock someone offline for a little bit but that was it.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2018, 18:03 Burrito of Peace

KS wrote on May 24, 2018, 12:57:
Car makers are halfway to non user-changeable batteries. Fuel pumps and fuel filters are now located inside tanks so you have to lift the car and remove the tank for close to a thousand dollars instead of a quick, sub-$100 self-repair.

Depends on the vehicle, really. If you drive an actual car, that might be true. On trucks, that's not. On my F-150, dropping a tank requires no lift, a set of sockets, and a set of duck-billed pliers for those weird hose clamps Ford uses to disconnect the fuel line. Tank dropped.

Fuel filter is even easier since it's frame mounted under the driver's side door. Hit the fuel interia switch under the hood, run the engine until it stops, then slide under the truck. Disconnect fuel lines, slide the fuel filter out of the retaining bracket, and you have a fuel filter in your hands.

That's on a truck 7 years old but the new F-150s are identical in the steps taken. A coworker's GMC 1500 is really similar to the steps for my F-150 and his is a 2016.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 24, 2018, 12:17 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on May 24, 2018, 10:41:
What we do know about that human being is that she was homeless. She probably suffered from mental illness and may have been under the influence. Thanks to Uber disabling the cars self-driving safety features she is now also DEAD. cool huh

If one is a Republican, I'm sure it is cool. One less "drain" on society.*

*Note that I in no way endorse this attitude nor subscribe to it personally.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 24, 2018, 00:02 Burrito of Peace

This is exactly why I built my own router. Yes, it even does wirless AC that covers the whole house.  

News Comments > RuneScape Classic Closing
2. Re: RuneScape Classic Closing May 23, 2018, 23:58 Burrito of Peace

So release the source code for the servers as open source and let people run their own servers if they want the Classic/Old School playstyle.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2018, 14:38 Burrito of Peace

Any time the word "roguelike" is mentioned, down the bottle.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 18, 2018, 21:26 Burrito of Peace

Keep sending your "thoughts and prayers". I'm sure that will magically bring back to life the 9 dead children in Santa Fe as well as those killed and injured in the 21 other shootings this year alone.

Fuck the Republicans and fuck every tiny dicked, mouth breathing, insecure, fucknugget who supports them.

2811 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo