Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2301 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2016, 11:56 Burrito of Peace

Watching the video, it seems like someone took the ideas of Dead Space, Bioshock, and Fallout and compressed them down into a single entity.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: retarded 9 grindfest 2 May 1, 2016, 22:02 Burrito of Peace

I have to say...Factorio is boring as fuck to me. I really, really tried to like it due to Atari ST nostalgia (as it is very similar to a game that I used to play on it).

The rest of the games do nothing for me, personally, but then I know that I am nearing the end of my gaming years as fewer and fewer titles appeal to me.

I'm not going to call anyone out whom enjoys the titles that do not interest me, but I don't think it's correct either to say any of the games on this list are of particular interest to everyone.

For example, I'd really like to believe that the Warhammer games doesn't suck. But it's being done by Creative Assembly whom doesn't exactly have the greatest track record with their releases in the last ten years. Shogun was interesting, when it didn't crash or grind to a halt. Do I even need to bring up Rome 2? I own them both so, obviously, the joke is on me.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 1, 2016, 19:22 Burrito of Peace

wtf_man wrote on May 1, 2016, 12:14:
It won't be the Xeon D (45 Watts). The Core M3 and M5 uses 1/10 that power (4.5 Watts). The Atom x5-Z8300 uses 2 Watts (Thermal) by comparison.

The difference is that none of the Core line is as SOC capable as the Xeon Ds are. So, yes, right now the first gen Xeon D is a power vacuum, it's not going to stay that way. Especially not with the plans that Intel has publicly stated they have for the D.

So I am betting that the Xeon line splits into two lines; one that is their standard bread and butter big iron sockets and the other is their AIO SOCs that can be used for microservers, dense nodal computing, embedded servers, and anything else that needs a small, power sipping proc that packs a heavy punch. The fact that it can then also be applied to other LoBs will be a consideration.

If you look at what Intel has been doing for the last five years, they have been very quietly, but very earnestly, ramping down their consumer side products. Sure, there's the Core line currently. But there are no longer Intel Desktop Boards, all of their Intel Home, Science, and Kids stuff is gone, they no longer produce stand alone networking gear for consumer purchase (because most of the latter they role in to an AIO chipset package). All of their efforts are now focused in to enterprise networking, enterprise data, enterprise computing, and SOC/embedded gear.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Intel cuts Atom chips, basically giving up on the smartphone and tablet markets Apr 30, 2016, 23:14 Burrito of Peace

Doesn't surprise me at all. I am betting that, long term, the Xeon D paves the way for all lower power consumption devices without having to sacrifice performance and standardization.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: 3.5mm jack Apr 29, 2016, 11:40 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:35:
As long as it's a universal standard and doesn't jack up the price with licensing fees I'm all for it.

It won't be and it will.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 11:38 Burrito of Peace

Retired wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 11:26:
The amount of craziness surrounding your service in that area is mind boggling. I don't know of anyone that has as many connectivity issues across all levels of service as you!

Now you know two. I have Suddenlink out to the house at least twice a week and have had them that way for the last 6 months or so. I'd switch...if the only other option wasn't radio at 1.5Mbps and a 10GB hard cap.

News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER Preorder Bonus Extended
1. Re: Total War WARHAMMER Preorder Bonus Extended Apr 29, 2016, 11:34 Burrito of Peace

Guess they're not getting the pre-order numbers they want. If they had gone with the 40K universe instead, they'd have made eleventy brazillion dollars or does Relic still have that license locked down?

News Comments > Lionhead Closed
5. Re: Lionhead Closed Apr 29, 2016, 11:32 Burrito of Peace

The Black and White games were pretty awesome for their day. Fable was a fun romp, too, for the most part.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2016, 15:32 Burrito of Peace

El Pit wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 13:56:
PHJF wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:12:
All the data of the current/past intercourse will be available on the phone, in the cloud, and for selected advertisement partners of Apple. Enjoy!

That's called a FitDick. I've got 10,000 thrusts today, so far.

Man, your right hand must be HURTING!

That's why he switches off to The Stranger every so often, to lower the risk of RSI.

News Comments > Master of Orion Adds Linux Support
8. Re: Master of Orion Adds Linux Support Apr 25, 2016, 21:58 Burrito of Peace

Quboid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 21:22:
What is DU?

Distant Worlds Universe

6. Re: Master of Orion Adds Linux Support Apr 25, 2016, 18:36 Burrito of Peace

Quboid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 16:18:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 10:42:
Yes!

Have you played it? How is it shaping up?

From the videos I have seen, it is coming along well. Much more MOO2 than MOO3.

I have been playing it since it was first released to EA. It's getting better and I do enjoy playing it. While I haven't had a lot of time to spend with Phase 3, the AI was really, really dumb and bordering on being schizophrenic bipolar. The patch notes say they have addressed that.

Off the cuff, it's one of the more enjoyable 4X games that I have played recently but it isn't what you would describe as "hardcore". There's DU for that if you like your games to look like they came out of an 8 year old's summer computer camp with gameplay by the Marquis de Sade.

The developers are really listening to player feedback, the tactical system, for example, got a complete overhaul, and are making changes based upon it. The ability to mute the advisors while still retaining the text is another example. It's shaping up to be a nice addition to the MOO franchise. There are people whom are gnashing their teeth and screaming "But it isn't like MoO2!" No, no it isn't but MoO2 had its own glaring set of flaws that most people overlook due to their rose tinted nostalgia.

I think the studio is doing their best to engender the spirit of MoO while modernizing the gameplay mechanics for the current demographic of the market. I don't know if Steve Barcia or Ken Burd have played it but I imagine they'd be pretty happy with what came of their efforts.

1. Re: Master of Orion Adds Linux Support Apr 25, 2016, 10:42 Burrito of Peace

Yes!  

News Comments > Pyre Coming to Windows; Gameplay Video
3. Re: Pyre Coming to Windows; Gameplay Video Apr 24, 2016, 20:05 Burrito of Peace

"lat month"? I must have an old calendar, mine says it's "delts month".  

News Comments > More BlizzCon Tickets Today
1. Re: More BlizzCon Tickets Today Apr 23, 2016, 23:19 Burrito of Peace

Oh...yay. Bored  

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
15. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 23, 2016, 00:56 Burrito of Peace

Fantaz wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:32:
i can see where the devs are based in, but why the whole game has to be Australian?

Because the allusion was that Pandora was just like Australia's first hundred years or so. Prison colony cut loose to survive on its own. It was very shoddily done.

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
10. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 23, 2016, 00:17 Burrito of Peace

BL1 and BL2 were enjoyable. The first because the novelty of it and because, obviously, Claptrap. The second because it was like getting in to an old pair of slippers. The pre-sequel though, turned me right the fuck off. The accents, more than anything, grated on my ears. I'm okay with the Aussie accent but not for every single fucking character (very nearly). I blame Leigh Diffy for that.  

News Comments > RUINER Announced
12. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 15:17 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 15:05:
Where is the Shadowrun game that is 1 part Watch Dogs, 1 part The Division and a bunch-a-parts GTA 5?

Hidden behind the $100 million stack of cash that Hare Brained Studios doesn't have.

News Comments > RUINER Announced
8. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 14:42 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 09:30:
Best TDS track!

TDS?

News Comments > Mafia III in October
26. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 22:59 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 13:30:
btw, this is the first time I ever heard the term "black mob" is this going to be more a crime fantasy game then? I mean sure there were gangs, but a black mob?

It's been real in many cities going way back to the Prohibition era. Whom do you think ran smack, weed, bootleg booze, gambling, and prostitution in Harlem?

News Comments > Mafia III in October
14. Re: Mafia III in October Apr 19, 2016, 12:24 Burrito of Peace

So, if the Season Pass idea is such a horrendous idea to some people...just don't buy it.  

2301 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo