Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2601 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey Trailer
13. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 07:59 Burrito of Peace

All the whining aside, I couldn't put my finger on what bugged me a bit about this game until this trailer.

You have Generic Scientist A holding a coffee cup while talking to Generic Scientist B. Generic Scientist A's coffee cup suddenly morphs itself in to an alien that attacks and, presumably, kills him.

The killing part doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that there's no way that alien could mimic the coffee cup without the cup itself becoming incredibly heavy. Assuming the alien has mass, the density would become unreal when packing it down from something that looks about 3' tall and 2.75' wide (from extremity to extremity) down to the size of that cup.

The other option is that the alien creature has very little mass so that the density wouldn't significantly change. That, too, provides a problem because then your projectile based weapons with the apparently high muzzle velocity would rip them to shreds in very short order. Even the average strength of the human hand and arm would be able to pull them off of you, wad them in to a ball, keep them there, and then blow them out the airlock.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Released
2. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Released Apr 19, 2017, 07:50 Burrito of Peace

I picked it up yesterday and played through it. I had forgotten how short it was. Took a little over three hours to finish.  

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
10. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 09:33 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 08:45:
They should have just left this franchise where it belongs.

In the dust bin of history?

/Stellaris joke.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2017, 18:26 Burrito of Peace

When I read "DungeonMaster" my interest piqued, but then I watched the Youtube video. Pass. That's "Dungeon Master II" level of quality.

Legends of Grimrock is still the undisputed king of old school RPGs in that style to me.

News Comments > NIGHTHAW-X3000 Launches
3. Re: NIGHTHAW-X3000 Launches Apr 14, 2017, 14:34 Burrito of Peace

Boring.  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2017, 21:44 Burrito of Peace

I remember playing the original on my Atari ST as a kid. It was awesome for the time. Some things are better left to their historical legacy.

Though, that being said, I think Sun Dog was way ahead of its time and would be better done today with modern engines and technology.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2017, 21:43 Burrito of Peace

Woot! Stellaris:Utopia is number two on the list! Go Paradox!  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2017, 23:41 Burrito of Peace

You know what? Fuck hireable rides. Fuck anything with wheels. Fuck the internal combustion engine. In fact, fuck every non-bipedal mode of transportation.

Fuck everything.

News Comments > Stellaris: Utopia Launches
10. Re: Stellaris: Utopia Launches Apr 6, 2017, 17:29 Burrito of Peace

OK, I've had a couple of crashes since my last post but I am fairly sure they are due to some mods I had running. Disabled the mods and so far so good. So if you're playing with mods, wait for them to be updated for 1.6 if you want to use them.

Without going in to spoiler territory, I'll just say that I ran in to the Shroud about 40 minutes ago AND HOLY FUCKING SHIT AM I SWEATING BULLETS.

Also, it looks like corvette spam has been fixed as I am seeing much more balanced fleets from the enemy AI empires.

News Comments > Stellaris: Utopia Launches
5. Re: Stellaris: Utopia Launches Apr 6, 2017, 12:56 Burrito of Peace

Utopia radically overhauls a lot of the systems in game to good effect. I started a new playthrough with a newly created race and the differences in just race creation are obvious. Totally having a blast so far, just picked up my second Ascencion perk and I've already maxed out one of the Traditions but I have been playing since ~0700 (or whenever it became available) and am smack dab in mid game.  

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
26. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 12:49 Burrito of Peace

I think Beamer has hit it on the head in his last post. A well written character is a great character, regardless of sex, gender, race, or religion. Literally none of those characteristics has bearing on believable dialogue and worthwhile character development.

I like the example of Watch Dogs 2. You had a transgender character who was well done, your player character was a young black man who was geeky as Hell and not a thug, you had Josh who was autistic but not represented as a "spaz" but as a valuable member of the crew whom everyone cared about, and your kinda girl-crush-friend was of unknown racial mixture but pretty badass in her own right without any of the characters being stereotypes.

If Bioware needs to learn anything, it needs to re-learn how to write compelling dialogue and relearn how to create great characters.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 5, 2017, 21:30 Burrito of Peace

Just get a VPN based in Switzerland or Panama and you'll be fine.  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
24. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 5, 2017, 07:44 Burrito of Peace

Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 20:32:
You can customise your store front discovery queue to exclude E.A. and some other stuff like VR and videos. It's in your preferences (click on your username, top-right), and for the queue there's a customise option by the "Next" button.

I'd rather these were hidden by default. Early Access has it's place, but IMHO the store-front isn't it.

I did not know this. Thank you very much!

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
16. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 13:40 Burrito of Peace

Steam has gotten to the point where I am thinking of keeping my current library but no longer purchasing games through them. As someone else mentioned, the "Discovery" queue system is a joke, often filled with crapware and "Early Access" titles. What is likewise "Recommended" to me rarely fits my interest. I think I'll probably switch to GOG since they have a more generous refund policy, tighter rules, and I don't always have to be connected to play my games or fiddle with a client.

Another old man.

News Comments > Gearbox: More Duke? No. More Bulletstorm? Maybe
4. Re: Gearbox: More Duke? No. More Bulletstorm? Maybe Apr 4, 2017, 12:18 Burrito of Peace

Gearbox Publishing gavee me Homeworld Remastered, so I'm happy with them.  

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
5. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 3, 2017, 11:38 Burrito of Peace

New Saints Row game? I'm in!  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 3, 2017, 01:06 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 21:45:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 20:54:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 14:14:
I wonder why this one not only broke the record but did so by such a wide margin?

If I had to guess, it's because "It" is one of the most well known of King's books and it was made in to the early 90s mini-series where Curry killed it as Pennywise.

So, more people know about "It" than they do, say, "Gerald's Game" although that has a movie coming out about it, too.

We had the Carrie remake a couple of years ago. That's at least as well known, didn't break any records. It's just an odd choice to set a record, IMO.

Yes, but the original "Carrie" came out in 1976. The remake bombed as it barely made back its production costs. Also, "It" and Pennywise have a presence in the collective conscience of a very wide demographic. "Carrie", not so much. The closest thing to "It" that has the same widespread culture reference would probably be "The Shining".

So it doesn't surprise me at all. How many "Carrie" memes have you seen? How many Pennywise memes have you seen? I don't think it's surprising at all.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 2, 2017, 20:54 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 14:14:
I wonder why this one not only broke the record but did so by such a wide margin?

If I had to guess, it's because "It" is one of the most well known of King's books and it was made in to the early 90s mini-series where Curry killed it as Pennywise.

So, more people know about "It" than they do, say, "Gerald's Game" although that has a movie coming out about it, too.

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
7. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 30, 2017, 22:52 Burrito of Peace

I'm...so...excited... Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping  

News Comments > Steel Division: Normandy 44 Trailer
3. Re: Steel Division: Normandy 44 Trailer Mar 30, 2017, 10:37 Burrito of Peace

I'm burned out on the WW2 setting. I'd love to see a game in this style set in Vietnam. Maybe an alternate timeline wherein the US could actually win.  

2601 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo