Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2223 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 12:41 Burrito of Peace

I think Apple's point is that if the DoJ wants to do this once, and it gets done, they'll want to do it constantly and require Apple to put this as a hidden "feature" in the OS. Apple is rightfully refusing to do so because they do not want to set a precedence after their much publicized statements of throwing away all master keys in 2014.

I'm with Apple on this one although from a different perspective. Civil liberties trumps the DoJ's tantrum and trying to beat the "B..b..but TURRERIST! drum is tired and stupid. Securing personal liberty and security from unwanted spying is more important than a person you've already shot dead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed
13. Re: Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed Feb 18, 2016, 18:06 Burrito of Peace

The Khanate look awesome. I think they'll be my first playthrough.  

News Comments > Vulkan 1.0 Specs
1. Re: Vulkan 1.0 Specs Feb 16, 2016, 10:44 Burrito of Peace

Woo!  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Free DLC
11. Re: American Truck Simulator Free DLC Feb 16, 2016, 10:43 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 09:44:
I always ignore fines in ETS2. My trucking company, @128kph, has no time for speed limits.

Trucker, please. Just yesterday I was hauling a light flatbed load of plows down in to SoCal and hit 98 miles an hour on a downgrade. George Thorogood's "Gearjammer" was playing at the time, natch. I laughed heartily.

News Comments > SteamOS Street Fighter V in Spring
3. Re: SteamOS Street Fighter V in Spring Feb 15, 2016, 14:13 Burrito of Peace

I think Steam for Linux is a foundational thing. I think what Valve is really waiting for is the official release of Vulkan.

Unfortunately, SteamOS is...so not ready for prime time and Steam, as a client, has some wonky issues on Linux. Right now, for example, there's a problem on Fedora based distributions where the client just randomly crashes at non-specific intervals. No particular reason, it just crashes. In game, just chatting with friends while not being in the game, just sitting idle.

Maybe they could roll some desks away from Half-Life 3, 4, 5, and the Gaben feeding queue to work on that and make it stable.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Empire Trailer
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Empire Trailer Feb 11, 2016, 17:28 Burrito of Peace

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 13:42:
Please please please release in a playable state with minimal bugs.

Checks to see if it's still being made by Creative Assembly

Yep.

Proceeds to laugh hysterically over the boxes of MW2, Empire, and Rome 2

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
15. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 17:26 Burrito of Peace

So, I have a strange issue happening now that I am on my 12th mission.

The game goes through the loading cutscene of the meat puppets in the delivery can and allows me to hit the mission start button fairly quickly. Then it shows the cutscene where the meat puppets drop down the rope and loads the world...and then pauses. From anywhere between 3-7 minutes. Just pauses. Disk (SSD) isn't especially busy.

I'm using the leadership, SMG, disable mission timer, and slower Avatar mods. Disabling them all and starting a new game exhibits the same behavior.

Anyone else seeing that?

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2016, 18:31.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Intel: The future of computing is...slow. Feb 6, 2016, 18:42 Burrito of Peace

Given that the processor hasn't been the bottleneck for a system in over a decade and spends most of its life idle thanks to poorly written software, it makes a lot of sense to work on thermal efficiency over raw speed.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2016, 22:09 Burrito of Peace

I'd love a keyboard done in the style of the Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard done with backlit keys. Some of us have very large hands and a straight keyboard is murder on the wrists.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2016, 11:12 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 10:35:
When Garbage Trucks Explode.

Holy shit!

No doubt and the smell has to be atrocious!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Swatting Feb 2, 2016, 16:31 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:50:
Could you post your source for that, I'd be interested in reading it.... (yes, I could just Google it, but I'm curious where you found the information...not implying anything, this isn't meant to sound hostile, I'm just genuinely curious)

=-Rigs-=

I found this from May of last year.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2016, 12:39 Burrito of Peace

Ah, Duke3D! I remember playing the Hell out of that game back in the day. At the time, my family had a business that was being run out of our home so we had about a dozen Pentium Pro machines with really nice graphics cards and Sound Blaster cards in them. We also had a 100mb LAN that connected all these machines to a storage server. My dad, whom is still a gaming fanatic, set the server up to also serve as a D3D server and would play with my friends and I for hours on end.

We would play D3D, Doom (1 and 2), Quake, and Terminal Velocity. Those were some really good times.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 28, 2016, 19:22 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 17:24:
That is a logical fallacy right there ,) Oracle is not smart

I...can't really argue that at all. Fair point.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 28, 2016, 15:33 Burrito of Peace

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 13:15:
Simon says shut the fuck up.

Simon says said "LOL"*

*This could go in to infinite recursiveness if Simon says keeps replying.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 28, 2016, 13:53 Burrito of Peace

If Oracle was smart, they'd snap up as many of the Workstation and Fusion devs as fast as possible and assign them to VirtualBox. While VB is ok, it has little of the flexibility and polish that Workstation has.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Announced
11. Re: AoC Jan 28, 2016, 13:35 Burrito of Peace

If there was ever a company that didn't "get" the Robert E. Howard version of Conan, it's Notsofuncom.

News Comments > The Witness Released
3. Re: The Witness Released Jan 26, 2016, 23:08 Burrito of Peace

Can I get a witness?

To take away the pain?

News Comments > Evochron Legacy Launches
9. Re: Evochron Legacy Launches Jan 21, 2016, 10:46 Burrito of Peace

Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 08:23:
Egosoft has been doing storyline structure for years and that's still the part of the X games I find most pointless and boring.

Because they do it so poorly. Imagine something like Privateer or Freelancer in the X universe. A decent, actual story written by people who know how to do such things.

Egosoft actively sucks at storytelling. FFS, the main villain in most of their games is a race whose name literally sounds like "cock". I know it's spelled Khaak but, come on, even from Germans that's pretty blatant.

News Comments > Blade & Soul Launches
16. Re: Blade & Soul Launches Jan 19, 2016, 23:25 Burrito of Peace

Thanks guys! I met a lot of cool, interesting people while working for NCSoft from the tech support guys (all 5 of them in the States whom were tier 2 but absolute rockstars in how many issues they handled in a week to successful resolutions) all the way up to Executive Producers. I have loads of stories about Guild Wars, CoH/CoV, Exteel, Tabula Rasa, Dungeon Runners...pretty much the entire NCSoft catalog. Unfortunately, a lot of really good people couldn't save the place from atrocious upper management and "rockstar" egos.

As for you, IceWind, I can assure you that I am pretty far from a puritanical person. Skin is fine when it isn't turned in to a fetish for a development group that is far more sexually repressed than any American could even dream of being. I've known nuns whom were more sexually liberal than those guys.

2223 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo