Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On July 8, 2004
Founding Supporter Gold, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 4163 (Master)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 10, 2020, 20:23  Burrito of Peace 

Just give me a sequel to X-Wing Alliance or, better yet, give me a Privateer-style game set in the Star Wars universe. So. Fucking. Tired. Of. Jedi. Bullshit.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black

13. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 05:59  Burrito of Peace 

Here's what you do:

Keep the Serenity, but now she is captained and owned by Mal and Inara's kid. New crew with occasional cameos by the old crew. Minus, of course, Wash and Book.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

34. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 9, 2020, 20:25  Burrito of Peace 

Hadn't played since alpha 2.1.something or other. Fired it up, did all the updates....and it's not bad for what it is. It certainly wasn't the lagfest I remember from the last time I played it.  

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Jan 9, 2020, 12:27  Burrito of Peace 

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 12:05:
Go on, Cratchit, you don't need to spend time with Tiny Tim, if you think you do, find another job!

Are there no workhouses? Are there no prisons?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

2. Keeping personal information secure. Jan 9, 2020, 12:24  Burrito of Peace 

"4. Ditch PIN codes and opt for biometric security."

This is problematic. Biometric data can be compelled against your wishes to unlock your phone. A PIN cannot be via legal precedence. This is bad advice. The statement of "Well you can't copy fingerprint or iris data" is horseshit. Iris data is harder but fingerprints are ridiculously easy to spoof unless the phone also has a built in heat and pressure sensors. All you need is something that the person has touched recently.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2020, 12:16  Burrito of Peace 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 12:00:
Bizarre world we live in when alcohol deaths equal fentanyl o.d.'s but one is considered a health crisis and the other is shrugged off.

One has a lobby willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars and the other does not. Pretty simple math.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2020, 13:05  Burrito of Peace 

Prez wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 12:07:
Unable to unlock gunman’s iPhones, the FBI (once again) asks for Apple’s help

And once again, the answer is going to be "no".

As it should be.

News Comments > EA Patents Direct Character Customization

4. Re: EA Patents Direct Character Customization Jan 8, 2020, 11:47  Burrito of Peace 

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 11:44:
How the fuck do you even patent this? And EA sure as fuck wasn't the first to do this.

I am sure this will be challenged in court and inviolated due to prior art.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Disgraced Instagram star account rebrands as another person. Jan 8, 2020, 11:46  Burrito of Peace 

Yet another example of useless wastes of skin being "Internet famous".  

2. Re: The Godmother Of Drumming Plays “Down With The Sickness Jan 8, 2020, 11:33  Burrito of Peace 

Happy Birthday Frans! Thanks for keeping us all entertained and pointlessly babbling at one another for all these years! Cake Cheers  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2020, 17:45  Burrito of Peace 

We're all simulations in a 2D plane for some alien kid's fourth grade science project. Nothing is real.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

4. PGP keys, software security, and much more threatened by new SHA1 exploit. Jan 7, 2020, 17:43  Burrito of Peace 

Only morons are still using SHA-1. People migrated to SHA-2 years ago and SHA-3 is on the near horizon.

An explanation of the differences between SHA-1 and SHA-2 can be found here.

News Comments > Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign

17. Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign Jan 7, 2020, 14:25  Burrito of Peace 

I would highly support an IT workers union and I would gladly join it. As with any organization, there are going to be some slackers and downsides.

However, the mentality I see most in those that are anti-union boils down to "fuck you, I got mine". It never occurs to these people that it is not an either or situation. You can have better paternity leave, health benefits, time off, retirement benefits, "at will employment" bullshit protection for everyone. I will never understand why a certain demographic of people believe that licking the ass of the wealthy is going to better serve them than standing united with their fellow workers. Wealthy folks don't stay wealthy if the people whose backs they're standing atop of stop working and thus stop generating that wealth for them.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2020, 20:26  Burrito of Peace 

Aaaaaaaand...another solid body blow to Intel.

C'mon Big Blue, get your ass out of the corner and fight! But fight fair and square.

(Still cheering for AMD, but I want competition to drive performance up and prices down)

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Jan 6, 2020, 20:18  Burrito of Peace 

I remember watching this while standing in the lab that created the Xbox OG at DP when I was at Intel the second time. Behind us on the table were about two dozen Xbox units and 10 or 11 of the silver towers with "Xbox" on the side that served as the developer boxes.

7. Re: It’s twue Jan 6, 2020, 16:42  Burrito of Peace 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 12:53:
Serious question: Are space aliens, or their half human offspring, Flat Earthers?

No, but they do ardently believe in invisible sky wizards who watch you pee.

News Comments > NVIDIA and ASUS Introduce 360Hz Monitor

20. Re: NVIDIA and ASUS Introduce 360Hz Monitor Jan 6, 2020, 15:02  Burrito of Peace 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 14:06:
wait till you see 800HZ Razer burn and pimples on pron at 4k!

Somewhere there is a guy saying this.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2020, 12:21  Burrito of Peace 

Didn't intend to imply that it was. I think the whole thing, between both sides, is laughably ridiculous. On one hand, you have people that are of little productive value and on the other you have pearl clutchers doing their tired "BUT THE CHIIIIIIIILDREN" shit.  

News Comments > NVIDIA and ASUS Introduce 360Hz Monitor

7. Re: NVIDIA and ASUS Introduce 360Hz Monitor Jan 6, 2020, 11:54  Burrito of Peace 

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 11:33:
LUL. Imagine using a 1080p monitor in 2020.

I do, daily. Six of them at 144Hz. 4K can blow me. It brings nothing to the table for my usage and, according to the latest Steam survey, nothing to the table for most gamers, either. 4K monitors represent less than 2% of the market.

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 11:33:
And it's 24" why? That is way the fuck too small. 40" is the smallest I will go these days. I use a 55" 4k currently and it's blissful perfection. I'll take screen real estate over a few extra frames per second any day.

55"? Fuckin' pleb! At least sack up and buy a 75" 8K QLED like a REAL man would! /s

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2020, 11:42  Burrito of Peace 

Oh noes! "Content creators" will have to go out and get real jobs that require skills other than sitting in front of a camera acting like dumbasses.

I weep for them, I really do.

4163 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >