Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 3722 (Veteran)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Jul 25, 2019, 18:39 Burrito of Peace

Is the terrible driving fixed in Rage 2 yet? It caused me to...Ragequit.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior Revived on GOG.com
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jul 25, 2019, 14:21 Burrito of Peace

Now I want to play Dark Crusade as the Tau.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Roundup
11. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Roundup Jul 25, 2019, 14:10 Burrito of Peace

If so, my bad and I apologize.

To be fair, though, sometimes it is hard to tell on this site.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Roundup
9. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Review Roundup Jul 25, 2019, 13:59 Burrito of Peace

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 25, 2019, 13:21:
So sick of these WOKE ass Social Justice Warrior developers having females fighting in World War II. It totally destroys the realism and immersion of the game.

It's set in the 1980s...in France...where the Vichy government still holds power.

But, please, do go on about how your fragile male ego is broken beyond repair about realism and immersion in a game that has nothing to do with the 1940s.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2019, 08:04 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 23:24:
I heard the Kurt Russell film Soldier takes place in the same universe and time period as Blade Runner.

It does while Blade Runner also exists in the same universe as Alien. Which, when looking back, makes you wonder why the Colonial Marines weren't made up of the super soldiers from Soldier.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 24, 2019, 18:20 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 15:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 07:26:
AG Barr can go fuck himself and die in a fire.

This tired, pathetic wail of "Think of the chiiiiiiiildreeen" when it comes to encryption is laughably juvenile. Encryption is, by design and definition, supposed to thwart third parties from accessing data that you, the encrypter, do not want want them to have. The best encryption standards are all open source anyway and the globe is not obligated to cow to the US' childish foot stomping and threats to hold their breath until they turn blue.

It takes just one crack in the dam to release the backdoor on the internet, then the encryption is useless. That crack can be poor security, a disgruntled federal employee, etc.

Correct. But in using open source encryption algorithms, the odds of a backdoor being "snuck in" are really low and, even should it happen, news of it is going to spread fast.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 24, 2019, 18:18 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 15:37:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 15:28:
I have a Note 8 with a USB-C connector. It is very firm when plugged in and requires a bit of force to pull the cable out. Even after thousands of cycles of use.
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1443111
with millions being made and tolerances varying some will have loose connections, it doesn't mean all usb-c are loose.
shit happens

That's a fair point. I was addressing just my phone but my other USB-C devices don't have the loose connection issues. However, tolerances are, well, tolerances. Also, one's person "loose" is another's "tight as Hell".

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 24, 2019, 15:28 Burrito of Peace

I have a Note 8 with a USB-C connector. It is very firm when plugged in and requires a bit of force to pull the cable out. Even after thousands of cycles of use.  

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 24, 2019, 07:26 Burrito of Peace

AG Barr can go fuck himself and die in a fire.

This tired, pathetic wail of "Think of the chiiiiiiiildreeen" when it comes to encryption is laughably juvenile. Encryption is, by design and definition, supposed to thwart third parties from accessing data that you, the encrypter, do not want want them to have. The best encryption standards are all open source anyway and the globe is not obligated to cow to the US' childish foot stomping and threats to hold their breath until they turn blue.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Super Reviews
10. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Super Gaming Reviews Jul 23, 2019, 14:09 Burrito of Peace

These are laughable.  

11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 23, 2019, 13:06 Burrito of Peace

headshot wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 06:44:
the second i get the compatibility and speed equivalent to windows 10, i switch immediately and never look back.

My Linux installs are faster than Windows 10 on its best day. I also have a massive amount of compatibility thanks to Proton. The VMs I have with PCI passthrough have 98% of the same speed as bare metal.

But, as in all things, your mileage may vary.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. 6 HOURS Waiting To See This Historic Steam Train. Jul 23, 2019, 13:05 Burrito of Peace

Man, I would be pissed. I remember when 4449 rolled out after its complete restoration and return to Daylight colors, they cleared the lines for 150 miles so that people would be able to see it and get good shots of it.

Breathtaking engine. The British steam engine...not so much. If it was an A4 Mallard, it would have been awesome.

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 23, 2019, 06:37 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 22:51:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 21:15:
Linux doesn't spy on you, respects your freedom and privacy, and doesn't give a shit how many pieces of hardware you swap out. Also, it is free.

Can it run Crysis?

I know you are joking...but yes.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 22, 2019, 21:15 Burrito of Peace

Linux doesn't spy on you, respects your freedom and privacy, and doesn't give a shit how many pieces of hardware you swap out. Also, it is free.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2019, 14:23 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 13:55:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 13:47:
No central HVAC?
Not buying that house!
The newer efficient mini-split systems are the bomb. Heatpumps may need supplementing in real cold weather.

Oh, yeah, gotta agree there. I have two Mr. Slims. One in my office and one in the mini-DC.

But on a house that is four sides brick in Texas summer? Central HVAC that is overrated for the square footage. Even as extremely well insulated as it is, that brick retains and radiates heat for hours after the sun goes down. Keeping the interior walls cool and dry is a must to prevent mold and wall sweating. I love my Mr. Slims but they can't evap for shit compared to the central system.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2019, 13:47 Burrito of Peace

No central HVAC?

Not buying that house!

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries FAQ Changes Spawn Epic Games Store Speculation
25. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries FAQ Changes Spawn Epic Games Store Speculation Jul 22, 2019, 10:21 Burrito of Peace

"Well, ackchyually, it's about ethics in storefronts! #GameStoreFrontGate"  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries FAQ Changes Spawn Epic Games Store Speculation
3. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries FAQ Changes Spawn Epic Games Store Speculation Jul 21, 2019, 14:45 Burrito of Peace

Cue the manbabies posting their usual drivel about EGS which is the online equivalent of throwing your toys out of the crib and crying about it...  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 20, 2019, 17:35 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 14:05:
GamersNexus
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X vs. 3700X Review: Don't Waste the Money Dead

<Blows on his nails and buffs them on the front of his shirt>

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 02:14:
So, he stopped taking shit home in 2006. Then he got hacked, and the material was tracked back to him, and that's how he got caught?

No, a different person, Nghia Pho, was hacked and that's how he was caught.

I am betting this cat was tracked by nothing more nefarious than network and/or server logs.

3722 Comments. 187 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo