Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2303 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > System Shock Specs
7. Re: System Shock Specs Jun 28, 2016, 12:39 Burrito of Peace

Flo wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:17:
Hate that unity crap, I've experienced micro stutters on Homeworld: Kharak and House of the Dying Sun. No clue how to fix that.

AMD GPU?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2016, 17:32 Burrito of Peace

descender wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 16:04:
Every other part of the UI is an improvement... snapping, multi monitor taskbars, virtual desktops, search, the file explorer ribbon...

You mean all the stuff that they copied from Linux which has had it for going on nearly a decade now? It's progress, and I'm glad Microsoft added it, but they needed to add support for that back in Windows 7. It was certainly doable for them because Stardock had a piece of software that would do it.

The pissing and moaning about Win10 is exactly the same kind of pissing and moaning that was heard when 95 came out, then 98, then 98OSR2, then Win2000, then XP, then XPSP2, then Vista, then 7, and then 8. People bitched about Aero in XP because it wasn't the 16bit flat panels of the Windows 95 codebase era. Yet now, there are a group of people clamoring for Aero over Metro (or Modern). I'm not going to say that I love Metro/Modern because I don't but I don't hate it either. It just is and it is what I have to work with, so I work with it. The people whining about it taking 99 clicks to get anywhere clearly don't use their OS outside of merely a platform. Literally everything you need to do as an administrator is available from a single right click on the Start button.

Users, in general, are lazy shitbirds whom get their panties in a bunch whenever anything changes, oblivious to the fact that both time and technology marches on. There were people who cried when XP wouldn't support DirectX 10 on this very site.

If people think that their OS isn't going to become a service, (just like their phones, their email, their calendars, even games are becoming a service [How many of you own Steam/GOG/Uplay/Origin/digital games versus actual, retail boxes that don't require online activation of some stripe]) they are deluding themselves. Everything is moving toward a service because it's more performant and easier to manage from the business sector where it matters most: enterprise. Microsoft knows that very few people actually buy an OS retail anymore. The average user gets their OS as part of whatever econobox they buy from a store and, with rare exception, they stick with it. Making it a service means that there is less of a fragmented install base and security updates can be applied near universally. Notice how there's no 32bit version of Win10 in mass circulation? That cuts the support overhead in half, which is part of the reason MS is pushing Win10 so aggressively.

I really have no dog in the Windows fight anymore because I've relegated Windows to a VM that solely exists for the games that I can't get natively on Linux. So, for me, the idea of Windows as a Service is pretty nifty. It means I can treat it like I do any other containerized service and never have to worry about it affecting the stability of the core OS underneath.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
5. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC Jun 22, 2016, 21:54 Burrito of Peace

I'll buy it to throw Ironclad some cash. I'd like to see another SoSE after this MOBA bandwagoning is concluded.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 22, 2016, 21:51 Burrito of Peace

Outside of window dressing, nothing will change.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Fools and their money Jun 22, 2016, 08:55 Burrito of Peace

Quboid wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 23:21:
I wonder what it's like to drive that. Shameless segue: I've been driving a 1972 Triumph GT6...

Nice! Judging by the pic, your's is a Mk II?

My Dad had a Spitfire 1500 when I was a kid that he bought new back in '74. After spending hundreds of hours ironing out the problems with typical British "engineering" (Lucas electrics, anyone?) and tuning the Hell out of it, it was a really fun little car to drive. It wasn't necessarily quick, as you pointed out with your GT6, but damn if it didn't handle like it was on rails. It was a really satisfying to take it up in to the hill country and carve corners with it.

Unfortunately, like all British cars of that era, it developed a problem with body cancer that was just unstoppable due to the humidity of where we live.

I've always toyed with the notion of getting a TR8 and swapping out the somewhat anemic Buick V8 for a Cosworth DFV. That would be a flying little car!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2016, 22:57 Burrito of Peace

Funny, my Arch install does none of the above.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 14, 2016, 18:12 Burrito of Peace

The desk situation bothered me enough that a couple of years ago, I just racked everything. I now have a little 4'x3' desk that has monitor arms for the monitors, the keyboard, mouse, speakers, lamp, and KVM switch. Now all of my gear takes up a hair more than 7' of linear floor space as the rack is right next to the desk.  

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
58. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2016, 17:54 Burrito of Peace

heroin wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 16:06:
I wish Garriot were working on a single-player spiritual successor to Ultima 6 or 7. Instead, he's currently polishing the turd that is the spiritual successor to UO.

It's less UO and more Tabula Rasa 2.0. Not the Tabula Rasa that was released as an MMO, but the Tabula Rasa he was working on before that which was bi-corns, musical weapons, spiritual "magic" and a bunch of other crazy shit. The kind of things old hippies see when they drop acid and watch The Last Unicorn.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
2. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 11:47 Burrito of Peace

So...Australia.

Will we be driving through the ever present wildfires awash in a color palette of brown, grey, and orange?

News Comments > Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
5. Re: Free Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Jun 13, 2016, 23:56 Burrito of Peace

If I had time in a bottle...  

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans
3. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 12, 2016, 11:54 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 11:10:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE (except for the fact that I don't have a VR device and really don't want one).

Couldn't we just get a updated Bridge Commander with VR?

I'd settle for an updated BC.

News Comments > House of the Dying Sun Early Access
2. Re: House of the Dying Sun Early Access Jun 9, 2016, 20:41 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 20:12:

Anyone played this? It looks fantastic...

Yes and it is rather fantastic though I am only up to Mission 3.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 19:07 Burrito of Peace

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:21:
Why in the world would you ever need 4 1080's in a SLI setting?

Because reasons.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
30. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 9, 2016, 10:04 Burrito of Peace

Slick wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 20:32:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:08:
Watch the fun run away and the Dogs howl in sorrow.

That was the most tortured phrasing I've read in a long while, GJ

Thumbsup

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
12. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:08 Burrito of Peace

Watch the fun run away and the Dogs howl in sorrow.  

News Comments > Democracy 3: Electioneering Announced
1. Re: Democracy 3: Electioneering Announced Jun 7, 2016, 11:39 Burrito of Peace

<crickets>  

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
3. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 10:08 Burrito of Peace

So long as it has a soundtrack by Type O Negative.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 25, 2016, 18:33 Burrito of Peace

ZeroPike1 wrote on May 25, 2016, 15:18:
Thank you for making my point even more apparent. Danke!

That you're a blithering idiot? My pleasure.

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 25, 2016, 14:36 Burrito of Peace

ZeroPike1 wrote on May 25, 2016, 11:39:
Ahh you made a post here, I should congratulate you, it. I'm impressed a it of your quality makes such a lavish post. I hope for your sake it, you will keep being good at it.

LOVE THEM FEELS!!! Schmuck

ZOMG! You called me "it"! I'm gonna sue and then I'm gonna go to Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr and whine and stomp my feet and hold my breath until I turn blue!

Putz.

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 25, 2016, 09:35 Burrito of Peace

Nighthawk wrote on May 25, 2016, 05:01:
...he/she/it...

<sighs>

Don't you know that the preferred, approved, totally-not-obnoxious pronoun groups are as follows: he, she, one, it, they, s/he, she/he,', Elverson group, Humanist, Jee, Ney, Peh, Per, Sipvak group, Thon, Ve, Xe, Yo, zie, zir, hir, ze, mer, and Zhe?

Language conventions be damned! It's all about the feels! You just can't go around using the commonly known pronouns that are definitive. What kind of backwoods hillbilly are you? Rolleyes

2303 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo