Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2447 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quarantine Released
5. Re: Quarantine Released May 25, 2017, 07:04 Burrito of Peace

Beamer, you missed out. The soundtrack on the CD for it was awesome in its weird, Australian quaintness and the game itself was pretty awesome once you advanced.

Qbex, yeah...you definitely had to plug away at it in some spots to gain a bit of traction. A friend and I spent one summer finishing it amidst other activities.

I used to have a rip of the soundtrack off the CD but that got lost years ago with a hard disk failure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quarantine Released
2. Re: Quarantine Released May 24, 2017, 22:30 Burrito of Peace

Sadly, this is not a remake of the awesome quarantine wherein one drives a taxi cab in a murderous, dystopic future.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
61. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 07:05 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2017, 13:44:
If by queso you mean...

I do not, not even close. Velveeta is heresy. Worthy of an exterminatus.

Agent-Zero wrote on May 23, 2017, 16:10:
...just sit down and shut up... nobody cares

And yet you cared enough to post the most boring, Caucasian attempt at "queso" without the use of processed cheese food product.

So, kindly, sit down, shut up, and let folks who know how to make queso do so. I bet you didn't even use a molcajete.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation May 23, 2017, 13:25 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on May 23, 2017, 09:36:
Everyone in GTAV sucked. Sucked. Probably the worst characters I've ever seen in a video game, including Franklin, who was insanely dull to me. But at least they attempted to make Franklin and Michael sympathetic, and Trevor entertaining. The women in the game were all identical, shrill cheaters that you were supposed to despise.

But the actual world the people lived in was insanely well realized. The writing was awful, but some missions were great, as was just screwing around. If they could combine the world with the same writing they did for Max Payne 3 (which was so much better), or even Saints Row (which manages to capture the humor GTA seems desperate for)...

RDR, though, was a masterpiece.

I was never able to finish RDR because of the bugs on the 360 so I can't confirm or deny that it was a masterpiece. All I can say is that it frustrated me so much that I stopped playing it and never went back due to the bugs. That's a failure on the devs part, not mine. There's no way RDR should have made it out of QA with the bugs it had on fixed platforms like the PS3 and 360.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 13:20 Burrito of Peace

Agent-Zero wrote on May 23, 2017, 12:17:
Ive always loved that queso dip at mexican places... problem is the quality is always widely inconsistent and yes its often just really plastic tasting, etc.

so I learned how to make my own... and its super easy

basically its a simple bechamel - just start a standard roux base (slowly cook some flour + butter til light brown), then whisk in a bit of half+half, raise heat till it simmers - then whisk in a bunch of grated monterey jack and also a bit of goat cheese (for sharpness) and finely chopped fresh jalapeno (for the spice)... its pretty hard to fuck it up - just keep adding a bit of the same elements here and there until you get the right taste or consistency

totally destroys that store bought and restaurant stuff..

This...this is not queso. Not even in the slightest. The only thing it has in common with queso is that it has some version of cheese.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation May 23, 2017, 07:28 Burrito of Peace

At this point, I think I'm done with Rockstar. GTA V was, to me, mediocre. I disliked every character but Franklin. In fact, I found them all rather boring. The open world thing is now being done by everyone and their brother. The original RDR was so full of bugs at launch that videos of them became a global, cultural thing for a while.

The last Rockstar title that I enjoyed was MCLA and that was largely due to the street racing that my friends and I could do together.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
12. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 21, 2017, 22:28 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on May 21, 2017, 20:17:
HorrorScope wrote on May 21, 2017, 16:56:
There are companies that spend 10's of millions and still had this happen to some degree. This I know as fact. You needed the March update to be protected if this fired off on your pc. Not 10 years worth of protection, not Aprils, March's. If one system didn't take the upgrade and that user clicked the email, gotcha. You can spend a lot of money and still have that scenario happen because PC's just don't always take. Looking at my biz PC it failed once and then 4 days later took the patch, this was still a few good weeks ahead of when it hit.

This happens to a few systems in a corporation that for some reason didn't upgrade, no big deal. Tech support reimages those machines, and a few hours later the users are back up and running.

I'm talking about corporations that got thousands of PCs hit by this. That's just pure stupidity or laziness or both. And typically in an IT department, that's caused because there's a bunch of useless shitheels in charge, or because there's no money.

Likewise, if you're in a company that is spending in the "10s of millions" of dollars for IT support and your shop is either mostly or entirely Windows based and you aren't using SCCM to manage all those machines, your IT VP is an idiot, who is probably eating paste right now and laughing at the magic whirly thing on the ceiling.

Where I work currently, none of the machines were infected. Those machines who had not been updated were denied outside access, sandboxed on to an isolated VLAN, and forced to update via SCCM. Oh the users couldn't work? Sucks to be them. And before some smartass comes back with a snarky "Yeah, say that to a VP or CEO or blah blah blah". One of those users was the Prevost (kinda like an EVP) and they were still sandboxed and force updated.

There are two kinds of companies: those who understand IT is just as important as the legal department and treat it as such, and those who treat it like a cost center and are one good data breach away from bankruptcy or buyout.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 18, 2017, 09:50 Burrito of Peace

It's not just the Inspiron model that is having a problem. At work, we have a couple thousand Optiplex 7040s deployed on a campus I supervise. Tuesday, we picked 100 as a test lot. 48% of them experienced a no post/no boot scenario after updating to the latest BIOS to fix the AMT vulnerability.

A little more than three hours on the phone with Dell, an actual engineer finally got in contact with me and we had to short a particular pin on a jumper (not the "Magic Blue Jumper" that is usually reserved for clearing BIOS passwords and CMOS values) to get in to recovery mode so we could then hand load those 48 machines with USB sticks.

Normally, we use SCCM to deploy the BIOS update package through Windows and there's not a problem. The mouth breathing phone monkeys kept trying to point the finger at SCCM as the problem when the engineer I spoke to just laughed wryly. Dell's support is terrible, even at Premier and Gold levels. These BIOS updates scream "rush job" with little to no eval and QA being done.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 12:09 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2017, 10:59:
"I had my phone low and I wasn't bothering anybody," she told the American-Statesman. "I'm not a bad woman, she said. "I just went out on a date."

Uh yes you were. That's the sort of rationalization selfish assholes make. So yes, you are a bad woman. Hope he wins.

That is one of two biggest pet peeves in a theatre. That, and talking during a movie. Shut the fuck up, turn your fucking phone OFF*, and watch the fucking movie. Also, chew with your goddamned mouth closed.

*"B...b...but little Timmy could go in to anaphylactic gluten shock while we're at the movie because the previous three tenants ago at his babysitter's apartment put a loaf of bread on the counter! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!?!" Fuck you, fuck Timmy, and fuck your self-entitled nonsense. The most common excuse I hear about cell phone usage during movies is about children.

News Comments > Linux Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Fall of the Samurai This Week
7. Re: Linux Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Fall of the Samurai This Week May 17, 2017, 00:11 Burrito of Peace

bingus wrote on May 16, 2017, 02:55:
Ubuntu will be better once Unity is gone, IMHO. Personally, I've tried a bunch of distros, and I'm quite happy with Mint.

Ubuntu will be better once Canonical gets over themselves, pulls their heads out of their asses, and gets off their high horses.

Mint is a great starter distro and one that does a lot of things right with easing people from Windows to a better OS. Clem also created the fantastic (most of the time) Cinnamon DE.

Personally, I use Korora because it's Fedora on steroids.

6. Re: Linux Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Fall of the Samurai This Week May 17, 2017, 00:08 Burrito of Peace

DukeFNukem wrote on May 16, 2017, 01:26:
Ubuntu sucks? How so?

Crufty PPAs, shittastic backports, a distro rampant with NIH syndrome, and Canonical's steadfast attitude of "Fuck the Linux ecosystem! We'll make our own, with blackjack and hookers!"

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 21:31 Burrito of Peace

I guess I'm one of the few people who liked Far Cry Primal. It was a very different take on the formula and quite refreshing.

The Crew never really grabbed me. It did nothing better than Forza Horizon or the various NFS games over the years.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced
2. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced May 16, 2017, 10:35 Burrito of Peace

So far, I only see info about 1v1 MP. I'm hoping there's a good, long SP campaign. If not, I'll just move along.  

3. Re: Linux Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Fall of the Samurai This Week May 15, 2017, 15:00 Burrito of Peace

Woo-hoo! Thanks, Feral!

I use Linux very nearly full time now and I thoroughly enjoy it. There are some great "starter" distributions for people to begin with. I lean heavily towards the Red Hat/Fedora/RHEL-Fedora derivatives because Ubuntu sucks.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 14, 2017, 14:33 Burrito of Peace

Funny, my Linux install wasn't affected.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer May 11, 2017, 11:33 Burrito of Peace

I'm still waiting for the first one in an AIO version with all the DLCs at a reduced price to come out.  

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
16. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 10, 2017, 02:42 Burrito of Peace

Bundy wrote on May 9, 2017, 17:22:
I do feel that a properly fleshed out Star Trek mod would be absolutely perfect in Stellaris. I've been watching the development of this, closely.

This already exists and it is called Star Trek New Horizons.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 16:04 Burrito of Peace

Others have mentioned the great things about Morrowind but what hasn't been mentioned is the soundtrack. It was the first game that I can recall that seemed to have a matching musical motif for every single aspect of the game.

I still listen to it to this day when I am working on brain powered things because it's such a rich score.

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
8. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 2, 2017, 00:24 Burrito of Peace

Total-Khaos wrote on May 1, 2017, 12:02:
Sacrifice wrote on May 1, 2017, 11:05:
It looks almost identical to Grimrock. I like dungeon crawlers and will keep an eye on this. Hopefully it isn't just a rip-off.

The name itself, and the genre of the game, immediately made me think of Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep. Why do game developers like taking ideas from everyone else instead of making something truly unique? <sigh>

And given that the second Dungeon Master was absolute dogshit compared to the first one, that isn't something to aspire to!

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
11. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 16:18 Burrito of Peace

All I wanted was a modern Dark Crusade. Guess I'll be passing on this one, too. Shame, Relic was badass back in the day.  

2447 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo