Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 3782 (Veteran)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 14, 2019, 20:26 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 19:37:
Won't be long before the US gets backdoors to all encryption and bans vpns. Terrorists win

We're not that dystopic, yet. It's really hard to backdoor encryption that is open source given how many eyes are on it. Exploit a weakness, sure, but a full on backdoor...no.

Also, the cat is out of the bag on VPNs. The US can try to ban them, sure, but again, you have open source software packages like IPSec, OpenVPN, etc which are all widely available. If people get really desperate, we can just build private mesh networks using one time keys with 3FA. Super desperate? CBs communicating via OTPs and setting up a relay chain. A dittybopper could probably help us with that though we former STGs and STSes could work alongside to help hide frequency patterns in ULF and ELF bands for long range communications.

Of course, we're on a downhill slide in to fascism with the freezer temperature IQ level Trumpster Fire supporters giddly clapping along. So...that may change.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Counterpoint Oct 14, 2019, 17:35 Burrito of Peace

Flash, like Windows, was and is fucking garbage.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2019, 17:19 Burrito of Peace

So...was BN down for a portion of the day or did I just get lucky?  

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties
66. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 14, 2019, 08:35 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 16:00:
...and we have the answer...

I disagree. One of my duties at work is being part of the mentor program for CS/IT/DO/etc students. Lots of Aspies* in those programs which makes sense. Machines and code are logical, linear things.

What I have observed and interacted with is often a blunt, direct means of communication with very little room for social graces or nuances. Overt racism and goal post shifting is not part of that thought or speech pattern. Moreover, shifting semantics is also not part of the general behavior and speech that I have experienced with, at this point, hundreds of people. Playing the semantics game clouds the ability to make that direct communication method almost impossible. These are people who know that most of the rest of the human race doesn't get them so they try to remove as much ambiguity as possible.

One of my closest friends is an Aspie and exhibits the same traits of directness and bluntness. Dude doesn't mean to offend, he's just trying to be as clear and unambiguous as possible. This is inline with my experiences at work. Also manages to communicate without overt racism and goal post shifting.

So, based upon my experience, this doesn't pass the smell test in the slightest. Especially in light of the perjorative thrown in.

*My use of the word "Aspie" comes directly from hearing those with Asperger's that I have interacted with call themselves as such. It is not meant as a slur, just a colloquialism that appears to have become part of the common lexicon in much the same way that I am often called a "ginger".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2019, 14:40 Burrito of Peace

Forster will always be Ray Archer to me.  

56. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 12:45 Burrito of Peace

So now we're play the semantics game?

Yeah, I'm out. I'm not going to argue with a racist who, at the very least, uses Neo-Nazi style semantic hairsplitting.

44. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 09:41 Burrito of Peace

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 09:29:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 08:07:
Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset.

Someone should inform Kaepernick that this "non issue" which happened yesterday is completely untrue.

What do you think my stance is? That there's no wrongful police shootings?

I quoted your stance, in your own words, without removing anything. Your stance is very clear. You called wrongful police shootings a "non-issue that is contradicted by factual data".

I am not going to call you a racist. I will say that your views are either incredibly naive or willfully and intentionally constructed to ignore the overwhelming evidence that we have a severe and ongoing problem with policing and race in this country.

39. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 13, 2019, 08:07 Burrito of Peace

Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset.

Someone should inform Kaepernick that this "non issue" which happened yesterday is completely untrue.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 12, 2019, 16:00 Burrito of Peace

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:20:
Use Open Shell.

Don't use Windows.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Oct 12, 2019, 08:23 Burrito of Peace

Simon Says wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 21:40:
I'm glad not to live in a shitty country that doesn't even value its own citizens lives and health. *winks* Priorities you know?

Priorities indeed. Maybe we can ask some Natives how much Canada values their lives and health?

Oh, lemme do just that since my BIL is a Native and works with that demographic daily in the Canadian prison system.

Also, didn't y'all jut have Orange Shirt Day to recognize the horrific things done in Residential Schools done by Canada to its Native population? Why, yes, yes you did.

Not a good idea to try and make a smartass comment about the state of someone else's house when you haven't cleaned up your own first.

Though, I agree, pedantic elitism is overrated.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Oct 11, 2019, 21:16 Burrito of Peace

Simon Says wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 19:32:
Sorry, but data caps, globally ( when considered in % of users on all platforms ), are the norm, not the exception.

Sucks to be them. Don't live in a shitty country. Nor was I referring to a global demographic, just my specific usage since it was in the context of my entire post which dealt solely with my data hoarding setup.

There are very few providers with data caps in my service area. Some shitty wireless setups using radio and, of course, DSL but no one here but those who have no other choice use DSL. It's too slow, too expensive, and too limited.

News Comments > BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre Lets Loose
8. Re: BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre Lets Loose Oct 11, 2019, 18:10 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 16:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 15:35:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 14:17:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 14:09:
Looks dumb to me.

Most Satanic religious things are.

FTFY

That's your opinion.

That's objective fact.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Oct 11, 2019, 17:22 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 16:14:
Storage is cheap, but data caps are not. Also, how much have you invested in your setup? Sounds like several thousand just in hardware, not including labor.

I don't have a data cap. Very few places do have data caps. I understand that they suck, however.

A lot more than several thousand in hardware. But...no kids and no debt so it's all my own personal expenditure.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Oct 11, 2019, 15:57 Burrito of Peace

Oh! Is this where we get to brag about our storage density? It is?! AWESOME!

So, on this box, I have 6 SSDs. One 256GB for boot, one 512GB for /home, 4 960GB drives in RAID0 mounted to /games.

Now, that's clearly solely for local storage. I have two 40TB arrays. Array 1 is for media storage, system backups, VM hosting, and the like. That does a nightly backup to Array 2 (hence the identical sizes) plus hourly delta changes. Everything in the house is Cat6, short runs, and connects via a 10GBe backbone. The two servers and my desktop all have 10Gbe NICs in them. Mrs. B and the other denizens of the house connect via either 1Gbe or wifi.

I also have a 120TB array sitting at a colo facility that both Array 1 and Array 2 back up to over a gigabit uplink (which actually sees 900Mb+/- upstream nearly constantly) in mirrored pair backups.

If I ever run out of space on the RAID0 array, I could always redirect my Steam folder to live on Array 1. Then I could throw another 10Gbe NIC in the system and use multipath I/O so I'd equal about the same transfer rate as a S3 connection.

I am in no way concerned about how big games are getting. Storage is cheap.

News Comments > BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre Lets Loose
3. Re: BDSM: Big Drunk Satanic Massacre Lets Loose Oct 11, 2019, 15:35 Burrito of Peace

Kxmode wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 14:17:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 14:09:
Looks dumb to me.

Most Satanic religious things are.

FTFY

News Comments > Deliver Us The Moon Delivered
1. Re: Deliver Us The Moon Delivered Oct 11, 2019, 05:56 Burrito of Peace

This has been a surprisingly enjoyable game.  

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 17:08 Burrito of Peace

I have elected to just say "fuck it" and uninstall Destiny 2. I have already wasted too much time on a "free" game.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 14:15 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:39:
Game on Intel/Nvidia. I'll be here all week folks.

Wow, if you can't get something working I'mma gonna say it's a real problem. My only other suggestion would be to uninstall the headset software.

Shit, I'd buy a Sony product before I went back to Intel or Nvidia at the moment.

The headset doesn't have software. It presents itself to the OS (be it Windows or Linux) as an audio interface device and handles everything in its own DAC. It's a HyperX Cloud headset so the only thing that Windows needs is drivers which it already has because it's just an interface to the OS.

Tried different USB ports (all of which on my system are 3.0) and the issue remains so I know it is not a port issue either.

Destiny 2 is just fucked. Oh, for gits and shiggles, I tried a set of wired stereo headphones and the problem persists there, too. That's on the ALC1220 chipset, completely independent from the HyperX headset. Unplugged the headset, too, to remove that variable.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:35 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 10, 2019, 13:27:
Game on Windows...

That *was* on Windows! That's the funny part!

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 10, 2019, 13:20 Burrito of Peace

As I posted, Destiny is the only application this is happening with. The audio stack itself is fine as many other applications do not have the problem.  

3782 Comments. 190 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo