Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 3657 (Veteran)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 24, 2019, 20:40 Burrito of Peace

MattyC wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 17:00:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 10:00:
I found it to be more effective than PiHole.

Interesting, I may have to give that a look assuming it can also run on a Pi or something else silent and super power/heat efficient. I don't see anything at a glance that any 3/+ couldn't handle. If you don't mind me asking, what hardware do you use?

You have to run it within pfsense, which is an OS designed to be used as a router. As for the hardware, it's running on a Dell Optiplex 9020 with 16GB of RAM...which also happens to be my router running pfsense.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives
15. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 24, 2019, 20:29 Burrito of Peace

Do I get to play Cyberpunk 2077? Yes? No fucks given about what storefront it comes through.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2019, 20:27 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 18:32:
Using antibiotics unnecessarily for livestock needs to be banned, ASAP.

FTFY. In our experience, there are times when the use of antibiotics is necessary due to injury or illness. However, I do agree that a constant diet of them is terrible.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 24, 2019, 10:00 Burrito of Peace

Here is my setup to limit tracking:

1A. Whole house VPN (Proton). Configured on the router and all traffic routes through it.
1B. OpenVPN server on the router that I connect to when not at home. Externally routed traffic when connected remotely goes through the house's VPN connection.
2. pfblockerng installed on the router (homebuilt pfsense router) set to strict. Once I got in to it, I found it to be more effective than PiHole. Not that PiHole is bad at all, it isn't.
3. uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and HTTPS Everywhere installed on all machines with enforced policy of using Firefox. Chrome is blacklisted and Edge is neutered.
4. All users on Windows machines use non-administrative users. By default, Linux boxes don't have default administrative users.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Hunt Aug 24, 2019, 07:49 Burrito of Peace

The only way I will play NMS is, in patch 2.09.2ABJ8675309, they add the feature that whenever you put on your helmet you hear a clip from the remake of "The Wicker Man" where Nic Cage screams "NOT THE BEES!"  

News Comments > Ghostrunner Announced
6. Re: Ghostrunner Announced Aug 24, 2019, 07:46 Burrito of Peace

This is not the Cyberpunk I am looking for.  

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed
17. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 18:29 Burrito of Peace

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 18:08:
That makes more sense, but a Google of HW3 did not show Homeworld 3 as a result...

The teaser trailer dropped two days ago and there hasn't been an official "Homeworld 3 is on the way" announcement yet.

16. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 18:28 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 18:06:
I'd never heard of it. According to the title its a computer that drives itself, not quite sure why one would need such a new fangled contraption.

Gracias!

11. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:19 Burrito of Peace

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:07:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:02:
Now HW3? All kinds of jazzed about that.
Err, what? Is there another HW3 or are you talking about Tesla?

Eh..no? I don't even know what "Tesla" refers to outside of a Elon Musk's company and, of course, the greatest inventor in human history.

No, mi amigo, I am talking about what seems to be Homeworld 3 in the works at BBI. Checkout the teaser trailer here,

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2019, 17:05 Burrito of Peace

Karen: "BUT LITTLE BRAYDEN/KAYDEN/JAYDEN WON'T BE ABLE TO CALL ME IN AN EMERGENCY! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHIIIIILDRRRENN?!"

Also Karen: "I want to speak to the superintendent."

Everyone else: "Shut the fuck up, Karen."

9. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:02 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 14:01:
Most popular game on the planet, and no one on this site cares. Love it.

"...let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'..."

Zero fucks given about Fortnite. Now HW3? All kinds of jazzed about that.

News Comments > Morning Patches
23. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 07:37 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 22:29:
I've had real eggs and beef but never tried real pig. The thought of homemade bacon from a real pig is making me wet where I pee.

You won't be able to do any of that stuff in Canada, it's all frozen tundra and permafrost once you're past the wall.

Two years ago, we swapped some excess beef for some heritage pork and it was amazing. I love bacon but, in general, I was not a big fan of pork. The heritage pork changed my mind. So, so tasty. I would highly recommend it if you have never had it. The bacon we got as part of the swap was thick cut but still nearly melted in your mouth.

Pffft, says you! Mrs B. could grow an orange tree in the Arctic in a seven year blizzard I would be willing to wager.

19. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 23:57 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 22:12:
*WOOSH* and there it goes!

No, I got it, you're just promoting a lifestyle of intellectual laziness and helplessness under the false presumption that everything is hard simply because you apparently condone apathy. I rebutted the obvious fallacy of that belief.

So, I'll wait until you can catch up and we can continue this discussion as capable adults.

12. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 17:59 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 16:13:
No worries, go farm your own food, build your own house, car...

Funny you should mention those three things. We do farm a large majority of our own food including fruits, vegetables, and meats (chicken and beef as of now. Pork next year). Building a home isn't difficult at all, especially when there are sites like this available to everyone with internet access. I added an additional 1500 sq. ft. to my current home since I purchased it twenty years ago. I've also built my own vehicle from the frame up. Now, if you wanted to talk "designed the frame, engine, etc", then you could do that too. There was a recently a story where a guy designed and built his own steam powered motorcycle.

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 16:13:
Everything is easy, nothing is specialized.

In the modern day, things are much, much easier than ever before.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. -Robert Heinlein

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2019, 18:14.

8. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 15:57 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 14:53:
Don't like your new videocard? GO MAKE ONE NOOB HAHA!!1

That's not a particularly challenging statement. Any high school level electronics student should be able to plan out a frame buffer device. Even something like the Mali architecture isn't that complex. They could even probably handle a CPU on the level of an 8080, 8088, or 6800.

However, programming has an even lower barrier to entry. A middle school aged child who has some experience in C++ or Python could handle a function call. Especially when that function call previously existed but was clearly broken by a regression. That's old fashioned bug hunting.

Today, right now, I could do my own OS based around the Linux kernel with relative ease and have something functional in about 6 months. If I used pre-existing libraries, packages, and binaries, I could have it done in about 6 weeks...8 if I wanted to include a driver manager for hardware from vendors like Nvidia, Realtek, Broadcom, etc that required closed source, proprietary drivers.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2019, 12:44 Burrito of Peace

In our next house, Mrs. B has finally relented to letting me use the THX sound as our doorbell! I'm so geeked out about it.

Also, as a tall guy, the mesh chairs suck. They're uncomfortable as Hell to me. I really dig my La-Z-Boy Trafford chair. Ultra comfortable and has worn like iron. No back issues whatsoever after having gotten it some years back.

News Comments > Space Robinson Demo
1. Re: Space Robinson Demo Aug 21, 2019, 21:20 Burrito of Peace

"Roguelike"...DRINK!  

News Comments > Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Announced
2. Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Announced Aug 21, 2019, 18:02 Burrito of Peace

Played the first one when it was new and enjoyed it. Managed to unite Ireland, conquer Britain and Scotland, marry in to France and have them become part of my Kingdom, and then proceeded to have a war of attrition with a Germanic alliance for about two hundred years. Fun times.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 21, 2019, 15:15 Burrito of Peace

Bluetooth and other NFC types of communication is about as secure as dry filo dough. This has been known for years. The article even points it out:
Bluetooth has long been a dirty word for security professionals.

But, users are users and therefore are...dumbasses who will do the least secure, most convenient thing possible at every opportunity no matter how many times they are educated to the contrary.

At this point, fuck 'em. Let them get owned, rooted, and identity compromised so that pain will teach them to be slightly less of a dumbass.

News Comments > Homeworld Trailer and Announcement Tease
5. Re: Homeworld Trailer and Announcement Tease Aug 21, 2019, 15:01 Burrito of Peace

We (those of us old geezers from the Relic News Forums that have migrated to a specific group elsewhere) are pretty sure that it is HW3 and it takes place after the events of HW2. It lines up with a lot of what the BBI guys have been saying they wished they could do for years, even before they started work on "Shipbreakers" which turned in to HW:DoK.

Moreover, the design of the Angel Moon glyph and how it is revealed lend credence to the Eye of Arran becoming active and usable.

If it is HW3 for the PC, I'll buy it. I give less than zero shits and -5 rats asses where I purchase it from.

3657 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo