Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2604 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 10, 2017, 22:00 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 19:09:
The problem with automatic updates in Debian 10 is that to consciously allow that you have to trust the hosters behind the package updates. And I seriously do not.

I would rather hammer myself in the balls repeatedly with a ten pound sledgehammer than use automatic updates...let alone Debian.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
20. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 21:49 Burrito of Peace

I guess I'm getting older and just don't give a shit about graphics as much as I care about how much fun I get out of playing a game. I find most games these days to be shallow and linear. So, I'd prefer more resources went in to making the game fun and enjoyable than "ZOMG! TOTES PHOTOREALISTIC ON 48 TITAN Vs in SLI! 27 WHOLE minutes of original gameplay content!"

Though this looks to be a bit twitch oriented. I miss the heavy, plodding death machines of 2 and 3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2017, 21:40 Burrito of Peace

SUCK IT, GIANTS FANS! Suck it long, suck it hard.

Also, Jerry Jones is a douchecanoe.

Can we clone Emmitt Smith and bring him back? Not just because of his skills but also because of his awesome HEB commercials.

News Comments > Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released
2. Re: Stellaris Humanoids Species Pack Released Dec 7, 2017, 11:15 Burrito of Peace

I picked it up. It was $8 bucks. Love the new ship designs and VIR voices.  

News Comments > Antigraviator Announced
1. Re: Antigraviator Announced Dec 6, 2017, 14:46 Burrito of Peace

So it's essentially a Wipeout clone?  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2017, 14:24 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 14:06:
Yeah, well as someone who always likes to rub winter in our faces when we complain about it up north all I can say is, suck it! At least we don't have fucking forest fires burning down half the place every year.

Dude...not cool. As someone who lived through the Bastrop Complex fire in central Texas, an out of control wildfire is nothing like ribbing you about your Arctic winters (which really aren't that terrible). Rarely do people die due to the season of winter and winter doesn't typically cause billions of dollars in property damage and loss. Moreover, winter also doesn't typically destroy people's lives.

That was kind of a dick post on your part.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2017, 14:38.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 13:54 Burrito of Peace

I did not believe I would ever side with Ubisoft on, well, anything...but fuck those with ancient ass Phenoms. Upgrade to play the game or stick to playing flash games.  

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
37. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 4, 2017, 19:05 Burrito of Peace

He who controls the Kor-Ah controls the universe!  

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
2. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 3, 2017, 17:02 Burrito of Peace

...and now we'll probably never see Ghosts of the Precursors hit the light of day in a commercially available, finished state that is equal to, or better than, SC2.  

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Adds Australian Forces
4. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Adds Australian Forces Nov 28, 2017, 18:54 Burrito of Peace

I wish someone would make a solid, no punches pulled Vietnam era singleplayer FPS.  

News Comments > Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex
13. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 28, 2017, 15:17 Burrito of Peace

Kajetan wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 14:46:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 14:12:
Perhaps it is for the best that SE/EM are letting those two titles lie fallow for a bit. Perhaps in the future, a different team can do both titles justice and create enjoyable games.
A different team will still have to answer to the board of Square-Enix. How will that improve anything?

Pretty simply, actually. Your standard board is so far removed that the only thing they'll see or care about is the FYI statement. The actual creative direction is up to the studio head, usually. If you have a sound pitch with enough storyboarding and a semi-functional prototype then you have a good chance of a greenlight. Especially if you do it during the wind-down phase of a project when the studio/company is looking for the next project. If the studio head likes it, they'll go to the VP of Finance and say "We need X dollars for Project Y which I have estimated will take Z manhours and be shippable by Qn." I have never been in a large studio where a CEO/CFO/etc have made the go/nogo call on a project. The only time where that did occur was on a small team at a startup where the "head" was also a working member of the team.

News Comments > Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex
9. Re: Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex Nov 28, 2017, 14:12 Burrito of Peace

I guess I'm the odd man out here. I hated Mankind Divided. As others have said the plot and characters were weaker than a malnourished two year old. Moreover, I hated the level design and it was so fucking lazy to me. Back and forth over the same ground. Over and over and over. Jensen was even less likable to me in Mankind Divided than he was in Human Revolution. I finished MD but only in the sense that it was more of a hatefuck than an enjoyable desire.

Thief should have been a slam dunk. Go back and play 1 and 2. Modernize the mechanics but don't reinvent them. Create a compelling story. Ship it. Sell like gothcakes on Halloween. Shalebridge Cradle is one of the pinnacles of atmosphere and level design. It should have been an easy inspiration.

Perhaps it is for the best that SE/EM are letting those two titles lie fallow for a bit. Perhaps in the future, a different team can do both titles justice and create enjoyable games.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 16:19 Burrito of Peace

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:07:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 13:15:
I mean, name me something else that you get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of that's 60$.

I can pick up a lot of books for $60 at a second hand bookstore that will provide me with 100+ hours of enjoyment easily.

$60 is the introductory price for most games. The books youíre talking about sell for $15 or more brand new. Letís not compare used, older titles to brand new.

Now you're moving the goal posts. You said "...name me something else that you get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of that's 60$". So I did.

Moreover, I can pick up several used console titles (but not from Gamestop) for that $60 that will deliver more hours than most new single titles will.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 15:07 Burrito of Peace

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 13:15:
I mean, name me something else that you get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of that's 60$.

I can pick up a lot of books for $60 at a second hand bookstore that will provide me with 100+ hours of enjoyment easily.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
5. Re: Sunday Previews Nov 20, 2017, 09:35 Burrito of Peace

This just became a day one purchase...on GOG.  

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
21. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 19, 2017, 05:43 Burrito of Peace

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 21:00:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 18:29:
dubfanatic wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 17:43:
hahahah rethugliKKKans are stupid!

Well, let's see:

They fronted Trump
They're defending Moore
They've fucked anyone NOT in the 1% with their tax plan
They desperately tried to fuck over people who need health insurance
They're doing their damnedest to kill net neutrality
They're gutting the EPA
They've gone specifically out of their way to deny actual, data driven science so they can appoint their political cronie buddies

...and the list goes on.

So, yeah, they are pretty fucking stupid.

Hillary Clinton will NEVER be president of the United States.

/thread

The sky is blue, water is wet, and the wind blows. So? What's your point? Do you have one outside of threadbare Fox Newsesque "quips"?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 18:46 Burrito of Peace

Sounds like he was Thunderstruck. Hopefully he's not hearing Hell's Bells. Maybe his last day was spent Giving the Dog a Bone. He sure did have a great ride on the Highway to Hell though.  

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
13. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 18:29 Burrito of Peace

dubfanatic wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 17:43:
hahahah rethugliKKKans are stupid!

Well, let's see:

They fronted Trump
They're defending Moore
They've fucked anyone NOT in the 1% with their tax plan
They desperately tried to fuck over people who need health insurance
They're doing their damnedest to kill net neutrality
They're gutting the EPA
They've gone specifically out of their way to deny actual, data driven science so they can appoint their political cronie buddies

...and the list goes on.

So, yeah, they are pretty fucking stupid.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins - Fleet Battles Beta
1. Re: Star Control: Origins - Fleet Battles Beta Nov 16, 2017, 22:21 Burrito of Peace

That...looks like total ass.  

News Comments > Deep Sky Derelicts Early Access
2. Re: Deep Sky Derelicts Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 19:21 Burrito of Peace

"roguelike"...DRINK!  

2604 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo