Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2479 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 23, 2017, 09:36 Burrito of Peace

NKD wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 20:00:
Hope they brought some Simulator games for Merkel, Germans love those.

I bet Prison Architect would be a huge hit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2017, 10:31 Burrito of Peace

This generation has pretty much guaranteed that I am going to be building an all AMD system. Prices, Intel's chipset/CPU fuckery, the mobo manufacturers having to rush boards to market because Intel jumped the gun on their own announcement, and Nvidia's problematic approach to Linux*.

*Which I am aware few people on this site give a shit about but since I use Linux for 90% of my usage, I do.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 20, 2017, 22:12 Burrito of Peace

This is the same guy behind Zero Sum Games, who fucked over buyers of both Star Drive and Star Drive 2 by just randomly dropping support and not addressing bugs that had been open since release. Just FYI.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Delays Xen Again
9. Re: Black Mesa Delays Xen Again Jun 20, 2017, 16:38 Burrito of Peace

wtf_man wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 15:45:
...which a lot of folks also poo-poo.

Probably because most people are full of shit.

News Comments > Black Mesa Delays Xen Again
2. Re: Black Mesa Delays Xen Again Jun 20, 2017, 12:05 Burrito of Peace

Bored <-This is my shocked face.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 08:01 Burrito of Peace

For me, GTAV was one of the most boring games I have ever played. All the characters were unlikable and I found the story boring as Hell. Not even the much vaunted torture scene moved my EQ needle at all. It does not matter to me how technically awesome something is if it is not engaging.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2017, 19:33 Burrito of Peace

RenownWolf wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 13:22:
I only realised it was Vir because of the stories section... maybe I am not old enough as I had never heard of Animal House.

You're not missing anything. It's one of those movies that you're told "YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO WATCH IT BECAUSE IT'S SOOO FUNNY" and then you watch it and realize the world, culture, and society have moved on since then and what you're watching is a bunch of people acting like assholes.

RIP Moon Faced Assassin of Joy.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 15, 2017, 22:29 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 21:31:
pfSense is starting to look better and better, hopefully it's backdoors are smaller. Blank

pfsense is a great router distro that can run on a bunch of devices. I have mine running on a dedicated fanless box with four NICs (WAN, VLAN1, VLAN2, and VLAN3). It gets updated quite frequently but if you want more eyes to detect any potential backdoors, take a look at OPNSense which is a fork of pfSense and is open source.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
10. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 13:39 Burrito of Peace

NKD wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 13:35:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 13:30:
I wonder when Ilsa will show up in a Wolfenstein game.

Pretty sure they are going with this version.

Weak!

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
7. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 13:30 Burrito of Peace

I wonder when Ilsa will show up in a Wolfenstein game.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
30. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 15, 2017, 12:43 Burrito of Peace

Numinar wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:03:
I started about a year ago and there were quite a few tutorial missions telling you how to pilot, fight and trade and they added a team deathmatch mode that is good for practicing combat without losing your insurance/ship as well. The refitting system was the most obtuse for me and took a while to work out, but that seems to have gotten better as well.

Awesome! I'll have to redownload it and check it out then. Thank you!

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Return to Olethros Launches Jun 15, 2017, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

This game is heresy. Pray that an Exterminatus is called.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
27. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 15, 2017, 07:52 Burrito of Peace

ED is one of those games that should be right in my wheelhouse. Unfortunately, the lack of proper tutorials (the last time I played a year and a half ago) killed my interest. I don't count "Go watch four hours of YouTube videos" as a proper tutorial, either. I'm not looking for hand-holding through the game, but at least take the time to give a solid framework for how the game mechanics themselves work.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August
3. Re: Conan Exiles Free Expansion in August Jun 14, 2017, 12:08 Burrito of Peace

I love the Conan world (at least Howard's version of it) and I was bitterly disappointed in Age of Conan. I, too, am waiting on recent reviews as I would like it to be more than a dick growth simulator.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 11:18 Burrito of Peace

90 WHOLE degrees? Might as well be living on the sun!

/Goes back outside where it's 92 degrees at 1018 with an expected heat index of over 100 by 2pm.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
6. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 13:25 Burrito of Peace

Laying waste to violent fundamentalist religious nutjobs? SIGN ME UP!  

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
1. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 12, 2017, 21:39 Burrito of Peace

So the best parts of AC: Black Flag?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2017, 12:04 Burrito of Peace

Yes! The "Duke" is coming back! Finally! For those of us with large hands, it was the most comfortable controller ever.  

9. Re: Jun 7, 2017, 14:19 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 13:24:
Food drive is annoying as hell. At work, one guy had a black lab. If you mentioned the word "breakfast" she would drool like crazy. If anyone dropped anything on the floor, anywhere in her sight, she'd lunge for it like a maniac. Problem is, she was leashed to a desk, so if it was out of reach (and it always was) she'd nearly snap her neck.

That is 100% a failure of the owner and their lack of training the dog. My most recent dog was a rescue that was starved and abused. Like the dog in your anecdote, she would lunge after food and wolf down all her food in a bowl until she got sick. It took months but I was finally able to break her of the behavior by just simply refilling the bowl again and again. She finally understood she could eat at will. No more wolfing.

My partner had a black lab who had similar "wolf down everything" behavior. It took some doing as well to break her of that behavior.

5. "Whisker fatigue" Jun 7, 2017, 12:13 Burrito of Peace

Another reason why cats suck and dogs rule. Dogs don't care if they have to climb down in to a 55 gallon barrel to get chow. If there's food there, they're going for it.

As for dog poop bags, we use the green biodegradable ones when we go camping. Less plastic in landfills and they break down quickly compared to regular bags.

2479 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo