Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2562 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 16, 2017, 09:03 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 14:36:
Time for laws to catch up with technology?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're serious? Don't you know laws in the States aren't for the little people like, say, citizens, and instead solely exist for the enrichment of companies while simultaneously reducing their liability and risk?

/s

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel
10. Re: Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel Oct 12, 2017, 09:05 Burrito of Peace

UQM is awesome. I play it at least once a year. Glad they have a Linux version so I can do so. There was an HD "remake" of UQM as well that is pretty awesome.  

8. Re: Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel Oct 12, 2017, 06:51 Burrito of Peace

Oh cool! Thanks for the info, Dev!  

1. Re: Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel Oct 11, 2017, 21:12 Burrito of Peace

I have more faith in this than I do Stardock's efforts and I am sure that this is going to get shutdown fast unless they are basing it on the 3D0 version that was open sourced a long time ago.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements Oct 6, 2017, 00:56 Burrito of Peace

These are surprisingly mild system requirements which is laudable.

I've been playing Syndicate for the first time the last couple of weeks and it's...ok. Black Flag is still the current pinnacle of the series.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out
14. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 22:20 Burrito of Peace

D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 20:57:
That "bullshit" is what separates Forza from PC racing games in general. Campaign mode & buying/collecting cars is a big part of the draw that few PC racing games attempt.

Right, because Grid didn't have a career mode or the ability to collect your season winning cars. Or TDU. Or MCLA. Or The Crew. Or tons of other racing games. Forza Motorsports is no longer a "motorsports" game so the excuse of "those games had street cars in them" won't wash. Racing Polaris ATVs around Spa is "motorsport" now? Or Isettas?

Oh, let me guess, Forza is different because you can customize your driving suit!

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Delay; New Founder's Option
3. Re: Star Control: Origins Delay; New Founder's Option Oct 3, 2017, 22:14 Burrito of Peace

I'm looking forward to a Star Control game so long as it was not like the last Master of Orion reboot.  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out
11. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Rolls Out Oct 3, 2017, 20:39 Burrito of Peace

Having played both, Project Cars 2 is a much better racing game. No bullshit, no frills, just pure racing with a stellar physics model. Oh, AND ACTUAL, FUNCTIONAL FORCEFEEDBACK SUPPORT UNLIKE FORZA.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 30, 2017, 07:40 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 04:58:
Tesla is shipping hundreds of Powerwall batteries to Puerto Rico.

Wherein Elon Musk does more to help Puerto Rico than Trump.

At this point, a cruise line company (Royal Caribbean) has done more to help Puerto Rico than Trump.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Amazon commissions three new sci-fi shows- Lazarus, Snow Crash, and Ringworld. Sep 30, 2017, 07:37 Burrito of Peace

I was hoping that Lazarus would have been about Heinlein's Lazarus Long character. It is not. I has a disappoint.  

News Comments > Volition Layoffs Reported
4. Re: Volition Layoffs Reported Sep 27, 2017, 21:54 Burrito of Peace

Here's how to print money, Volition:

1. Another Saints Row game but one that isn't absolutely fucking stupid superhero clown powers.

2. Buy the IP and then make Freespace 3 that is not an MMO, MOBA, or anything other than an awesome, straightforward, singleplayer campaign.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month
2. Re: Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month Sep 26, 2017, 12:46 Burrito of Peace

I like the idea of the game but I would prefer they sold a season pass or all in one package.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2017, 05:50 Burrito of Peace

"Yo, you guys are gonna miss this shit! The big guy's gonna cornhole that ass! With his wiener!"  

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
3. Re: Intel's Sep 25, 2017, 11:40 Burrito of Peace

This smells of desperation.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises
9. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises Sep 21, 2017, 19:27 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 14:33:
How is New Horizons? Is it playable start to finish now? I've really been holding off playing this until that TC is done.

Pretty much. The Federation storyline is in as is the Mirror Universe stuff.

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 15:00:
Just one question: Are your leaders, admirals, scientists etc. immortal (or have really, really long lifespans?)

I'm in year 256 of my current game and none of them has died yet. One had a corruption affliction but that's part of the gameplay for machine races.

5. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises Sep 21, 2017, 12:51 Burrito of Peace

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 12:42:
Should make the star trek TC much easier for the developers, especially with the ability to assimilate pops built into the base game now.

New Horizons? That would make the Borg better but I think they are focusing on spit and polish right now.

3. Re: Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn Rises Sep 21, 2017, 11:29 Burrito of Peace

Really enjoying it except for one small yet substantial and irritating detail: my robotic sector governor is not building populations, I have to go do that by hand. Granted, I can now select multiple tiles at a time (the whole colony if I wish and have the resources) to build my robot pops on but in a large game with hundreds of colonies, this is a giant pain in the ass.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback System Specs
8. Re: Need for Speed Payback System Specs Sep 20, 2017, 15:58 Burrito of Peace

Tanto Edge wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:30:
That's very nice EA. Does it work with a G25? DOES IT WORK WITH A FUCKING WHEEL!?

Not on the Xbox One version which would lead me to reasonably expect a lack of wheel support on other platforms as well.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 08:15 Burrito of Peace

I wish this game were set in Vietnam. I'd much rather play a Vietnam focused, story driven FPS than yet another run of the mill WW2 clone.

That was a decent story trailer that was then absolutely fucked by "PRE-ORDER NOW FOR MULTIPLAYER SHIT!"

2562 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo