Descending
Limit Results:

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: My two
Jun 2, 2004, 14:16
Re: My two Jun 2, 2004, 14:16
Jun 2, 2004, 14:16

Shadowcat is correct. Warren's best talent is not coming up with great ideas (which he does) but rather in his ability to communicate his vision to his team and keep them motivatated. Good ideas are a dime a dozen. Executing them is tremendously difficult.

Invisible War and Thief III suffered because they pushed their own technology too soon instead of licensing. They didn't estimate the time and work it would take to develop their own engine which is why the games lack a huge amount of polish that existed in the past.

This is why you saw the recuitment at E3 for EXTREMELY experienced staff, especially producers. Rest assured that the next set of games will be much different. Ion Storm learns from their mistakes unlike a lot of other studios.

As for the remarks about Daikatana. That is precisely why I wouldn't be suprised by a change in name even though it was Ion Storm Dallas and not Ion Storm Austin. Daikatana was bad but it is not nearly as bad as many of the games released today. Most people forget about Ion Storm Dallas' great game Anachronox. The Dallas company's problems stemmed from poor management. Romero hired a bunch of inexperienced friends, didn't watch his spending, let guys goof off, build poor interemployee chemistry, but still to this day is a talented designer.

Rest assured that whatever is happening up at Ion Storm, Warren will continue to make great games and suprise us all. Invisible War was a great learning experience for him I am sure and he will use it to his advantage in the future.

That's my 2 cents.

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older