Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Celestial Toad

Real Name Celestial Toad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email ansath@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description Drafter / CAD Operator / Art Student
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2004, 03:52
Total Comments 214 (Novice)
User ID 20952

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gold
267. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 23:24 Celestial Toad

GO THREAD GO THREAD GO GO GO!!!

NOW IS THE TIME TO COME TO THE AID OF THIS THREAD!!!
YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU!!!
WEE NEED 300 POSTS!!!
!!!!!
!!

!

!!

!!!!

!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

264. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 23:22 Celestial Toad

GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!
GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!
GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

265. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 23:22 Celestial Toad

GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!
GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!
GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!

-Albert Einstein

263. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 23:21 Celestial Toad

GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!
GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!
GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!

-Albert Einstein

262. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 22:21 Celestial Toad

YEAH!!!!

GO THREAD GO THREAD!!!

-Albert Einstein

260. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 20:50 Celestial Toad

Come on people!!!! Only 40 MORE TO GO !!!

GO THREAD GO THREAD GO GO GO !!!!!

-Albert Einstein

259. No subject Oct 22, 2004, 20:49 Celestial Toad

-Albert Einstein

258. Re: If warezed..then... Oct 22, 2004, 20:49 Celestial Toad

-Albert Einstein

257. Re: If warezed..then... Oct 22, 2004, 18:23 Celestial Toad

Nope. You have to wait until it is released to retail. I'm going to buy the retail anyway. Another week or two won't kill you. Maybe.

-Albert Einstein

254. Re: Stuff Oct 22, 2004, 18:00 Celestial Toad

Just like the game last night, I don't think this thread is going to go all the way.

Go thread Go thread GO GO GO!!!

Go Thread Go thread GO GO GO!!!

Come on people, if ever anything was worth fighting for, sacrificing for, and stuff, THIS THREAD IS IT.

Your country needs you. Now is the time. All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men not to post on this thread anymore. Post! Post! Post!

-Albert Einstein

252. Re: Stuff Oct 21, 2004, 18:21 Celestial Toad

How can you say that the HL2 graphics are not awe-inspiring?

Because the HL2 engine wasn't made by John Carmack you idiot, so it has to be inferior on some level.

and the HL2 engine can actually do big outdoor scenes.

Did you not see the PC-Gamer review of Quake 4 with all the big outdoor scenes? WTF?

No doubt ANY gameplay would be better than the steaming pile that was Doom 3.

Steaming Pile? Doom 3 was a masterpiece. It was dark, fun, spooky, dark, sometimes scary, and dark.

Yeah, it sucked because it is a CONSOLE GAME. Go buy a brain. PC Gamer is a trash mag since their last editor left, and no one takes them seriously anymore.

BS, there are a lot of good console games. And PC Gamer should just get you to write their reviews, and then they would be a respectable mag again.

Yeah PC Gamer sold out a long time ago. Doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure that out. Your sig speaks volumes about you toad.

Just shutup about PC Gamer until you come out with your own gaming magazine. I know, my signature like signifies my like infinite like wisdom that I like have, or some junk.

And you need to get a life if you think getting 300 posts is that important.

You just keep telling yourself that I need to get a life toad, when you are the one arguing with me.

-Albert Einstein

247. Re: Stuff Oct 21, 2004, 13:22 Celestial Toad

Yeah, that is easy to do. The graphics look very nice if not downright awe-inspiring. I'm betting the gameplay will live up to the hype at least.

How can you say that the HL2 graphics are not awe-inspiring? They are DX9 and have all the same features as the Doom 3 engine, and the HL2 engine can actually do big outdoor scenes. No doubt ANY gameplay would be better than the steaming pile that was Doom 3.

PC Gamer gave one review I strongly disagreed with. They gave the PC version of the console game "Enclave" like 86%. I saw that game at EB for twenty bucks, and being the sucker for medieval hack and slash games that I am, I bought it. Needless to say I didn't care for it at all, and I didn't even complete the third level.

Yeah, it sucked because it is a CONSOLE GAME. Go buy a brain. PC Gamer is a trash mag since their last editor left, and no one takes them seriously anymore.

But really, PC Gamer gets all the BIG game reviews before anyone else, like HL2 and Doom 3. If they were to give bigtime superhyped games a 50% rating they would likely no longer get to review games from that company first anymore.

Yeah PC Gamer sold out a long time ago. Doesn't take Albert Einstein to figure that out. Your sig speaks volumes about you toad.

Or something. I'm still not sure what I just said, but it is late and at least we now have 229 posts.

No one else knows what you just said either. And you need to get a life if you think getting 300 posts is that important. Jeeze.

-Albert Einstein

246. Re: No subject Oct 21, 2004, 11:58 Celestial Toad

We (the community) named it the GMan and Valve adopted that name. At least, this is what I remember.

Considering how realistic the faces look in HL2 we should see a similarity between Gordan Freeman and the G-Man if they are the same person at different ages. That would be interesting if true though. I don't care about HL2 DM. I buying it for the single player. And stuff.

-Albert Einstein

239. Re: The Ending Oct 20, 2004, 22:55 Celestial Toad

How do you know that?

-Albert Einstein

229. Stuff Oct 19, 2004, 21:25 Celestial Toad

I just fell for the D3 hype and have bought in to the HL2 hype

Yeah, that is easy to do. The graphics look very nice if not downright awe-inspiring. I'm betting the gameplay will live up to the hype at least.

PC Gamer gave one review I strongly disagreed with. They gave the PC version of the console game "Enclave" like 86%.
I saw that game at EB for twenty bucks, and being the sucker for medieval hack and slash games that I am, I bought it. Needless to say I didn't care for it at all, and I didn't even complete the third level.

But really, PC Gamer gets all the BIG game reviews before anyone else, like HL2 and Doom 3. If they were to give bigtime superhyped games a 50% rating they would likely no longer get to review games from that company first anymore. Or something. I'm still not sure what I just said, but it is late and at least we now have 229 posts.

-Albert Einstein

217. Stuff Oct 19, 2004, 15:47 Celestial Toad

I just read the PC Gamer review of Half-Life 2. The reviewer was slobbering all over the article so much I could barely read it. But since it got a 98% rating I guess it must be an O.K. game.

Of course, back when PC Gamer gave Doom 3 a good rating they were "not a reliable" magazine according to certain internet message board self-proclaimed experts.

But now that they have drooled all over Half-Life 2 and given it a 98% I'm sure PC Gamer is now the most reliable magazine ever for correct reviews or whatever.

As usual for me, I have nothing worthwhile to say in this post, but I thought I make one more notch in this thread as it approaches the much sought after 300 mark. We are currently hoping that the 300 post mark will somehow help to validate our collectively meaningless online existence.

Amen

-Albert Einstein

News Comments > New 3DRealms Game?
76. No subject Oct 18, 2004, 23:02 Celestial Toad

Where can they possibly be getting the money to continue working on DNF after all these years? I would take millions to keep a team of programmers and artists on a project for this long.

-Albert Einstein

157. No subject Oct 18, 2004, 20:33 Celestial Toad

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 18, 21:02.

113. Nonsense Oct 18, 2004, 16:55 Celestial Toad

So once Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are both available, will there be anything left to talk about on these message boards? lol.

Maybe pretty soon someone will make a mod showing the Doom guy with his flashlight, and Gordon Freeman with his Crowbar, and they have a WWF flashlight versus crowbar smackdown.

And don't underestimate the power of the Doom flashlight either, I managed to smack down a few demons with it.

-Albert Einstein

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preorders Steam Ahead Tomorrow
74. Re: Ouch Oct 6, 2004, 22:37 Celestial Toad

BTW, what the fuck do you need a manual for? It's a first person shooter, did you forget how to play one? A box? I stuff them in a drawer

I want the box, the manual, and the official package itself, because I have been buying computer games since about 1990, and I have become accustomed to getting those things. I have quite a large collection of computer games, like Quake, Half-Life, Ultima Underworld, Star Control 2, etc, and I want to add HL2 to that collection.

I'm sure other people here have been buying and playing games that long or longer, and don't want all the materials, but that is beside the point. I'm paying for it, and if I want to have the box and everything, that is my choice.

If you just want to download it, play it, and burn it to a DVD or whatever, that is fine. To each his own.

-Albert Einstein

214 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo