Descending
Limit Results:

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

SOMETHING to look forward to!
Jan 26, 2005, 15:38
SOMETHING to look forward to! Jan 26, 2005, 15:38
Jan 26, 2005, 15:38

I love this series like no other, and as long as it is a signigicant advancement over the others, I will be playing it for many years to come.

Compare to Doom 3 (a few minutes) and Half Life 2 (an hour or two) which were overhyped trash.

Re: Eq2
Jan 18, 2005, 20:39
Re: Eq2 Jan 18, 2005, 20:39
Jan 18, 2005, 20:39

Im a big fan of EQ2, I really think a lot of players havent seen enough of the game before writing it off (especially magazine reviewers who provide sceenshots from the newbie areas only)

It IS good fun to take on some of the mobs, or doing some of the special quests (like the Enchanted Lands access).

That said, Ive got deep into crafting as well as adventuring and there are some big problems with the economy that need addressing.

However, after reading here about login delays for WOW, its clear that no MMO game is perfect and really its a case of whether you are willing to live with the problems or not.

Re: Anyone get an e-mail?.......
Oct 21, 2004, 12:07
Re: Anyone get an e-mail?....... Oct 21, 2004, 12:07
Oct 21, 2004, 12:07

Played CS source for a while round a friends house.

Some of the bugs i saw were appalling, like thr entire team dying as soon as the round began for no reason.

This aint final.

Re: re:
Oct 21, 2004, 11:58
Re: re: Oct 21, 2004, 11:58
Oct 21, 2004, 11:58

Im hoping for a sequel to Alpha Centauri, the game which was supposed to continue where CIV left off.

The ship launches, humanity colonises a planet orbiting our 2nd nearest star, and then the game begins. All future technology ideas, such as Fusion Power, Optical Computers and more etc... really crazy stuff when it gets to Mind/Machine interfacing. Lots of quotes from great works of political thinking from the last 1000 years such as Sun Tzu, JS Mill, Thomas Moore etc.

I played it more than I ever played Civ

Re: WHOOHOO
Oct 4, 2004, 19:32
Re: WHOOHOO Oct 4, 2004, 19:32
Oct 4, 2004, 19:32

Well... this is what is known as completely milking a franchise to death. This must be the sixth THPS game so far. Tony Hawk's vast riches are probably more from sticking his head on the cover of this game than he ever got from skating.

But theres a good reason from that, these are some of the most addictive and most fun games ever.

Re: Another MMO to blow me away
Apr 29, 2004, 12:12
Re: Another MMO to blow me away Apr 29, 2004, 12:12
Apr 29, 2004, 12:12

>Clearly a mind blowing gameplay innovation

Not a gameplay innovation but a mind blowing technical one for graphics. A game that renders 25 models on screen and uses the same artwork for all is clearly a lot less advanced than one where every player's creative expression can be symbolised visually by their personal choice of character design.

I have a feeling that is going to be very popular with people.

Another MMO to blow me away
Apr 27, 2004, 06:48
Another MMO to blow me away Apr 27, 2004, 06:48
Apr 27, 2004, 06:48

OK, Ive played games since days of ZX spectrum, but only recently got into MMO games when I purchased Star Wars Galaxies. Man that game has had its problems, it was still in beta state until they got some features in there (ie vehicles) that made playing the game a lot less frustrating.

But no game in the past even comes close to the addiction I have to SWG. Its technically miles beyond a lot of other MMO games. I havent seen another game with the ability to customise every tiny little detail of your character's appearance, from their nose size to their outfit, and these changes being visible to everyone else. Many other MMOs (including Lineage II and Planetside) just present the same boring and dull models.

This is the one area of gaming that hasnt been done to death yet, unlike FPS games, RTS, Sports etc... Its the one area where there is going to be some real gameplay innovation.

I have high hopes for this, WOW and especially the Space Expansion for galaxies... building a whole new space game on the RPG infrastructure thats already there... thats gonna be cool.

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older