Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 351 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin
6. Re: Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin Nov 10, 2018, 23:41 raVen

Too little too late.
Go check out MTG:Arena. It's the card game that started it all.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

And I'm sure Valve will never come out with card pack 3.

I'm so over valve at this point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
52. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 4, 2018, 02:53 raVen

The Magician wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 01:53:
... this makes me even less want to go back into the gaming business. Salaries suck compared to outside of gaming development, the hours suck, the studios suck, and overall, there's a large vocal mass of customers that suck. Ya'all suck the life out of the devs, and then trash talk them for making things you don't personally care about. Hint: They didn't do it just for you, there's 6 billion other people on the planet, and a huge number of them who don't play PC games.
They should have started with: DIABLO MOBILE ONLY GAME from the start.
The message was Blizzcon, we love diablo, we love the way diablo has brought people together to slay demons, oh hey phones? we have phones, and we want to have diablo on phones. We want to do this right for diablo! where you can play with everyone everywhere! Diablo lore diablo lore diablo lore.
prerendered cinematic that wont ever be realtime on a phone. which didn't have the ON APPLE and ON GOOGLE ANDROID.
more about how we love diablo and immortal. blah blah 20 years blah blah
oh hey lets show runtime of the phone! yeah! PHONE DIABLO (most of which doesn't show the UI of the buttons) -- SUPER misleading. more title text about how you can play on phone. zoom out with phone UI.

To the audience, there's still a chance at this point that it is going to be cross platform on PC and mobile. (reasonable assumption because Diablo has always been on PC.)
Cut to cosplay playing on phones... No pc clients to be seen anywhere.

Have some contrast: Hearthstone (The only other Cellphone experience Blizzard has made) came out on PC/Mac first. and later, much after the game was out they announce it was coming to phones.
Anyone who's been to blizzcon up to this point has been able to make a reasonable assessment based on history of product releases that while they're talking about mobile a ton, it's a new diablo on PC!

Biggest marketing mistake ever. So much so that fans booed a product that was made for them.

And to your quip about glad you're not in games anymore, I'm also glad, you obviously don't have the passion for it.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
32. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2018, 22:49 raVen

Alex Jones' actions on these platforms with regards to Sandy Hook is an equivalent of falsely shouting fire in a crowded theater.
On that basis alone using those platforms while spewing the vile he did about child actors is an acceptable bannable offense.
He's made many more ridiculous claims about many other topics, that have led people to harass and cause pain to victims in other cases as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater
The First Amendment holding in Schenck was later partially overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio in 1969, which limited the scope of banned speech to that which would be directed to and likely to incite imminent lawless action (e.g. a riot). The test in Brandenburg is the current Supreme Court jurisprudence on the ability of government to proscribe speech after that fact. Despite Schenck being limited, the phrase "shouting fire in a crowded theater" has since come to be known as synonymous with an action that the speaker believes goes beyond the rights guaranteed by free speech, reckless or malicious speech, or an action whose outcomes are obvious.
see also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_v._Ohio

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
6. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 14:45 raVen

So is Bethesda going to go after GameStop for opening new games and still selling them as new?
The biggest reason I stopped buying games at GameStop. The last copy they have of something they sell is the display copy. Which has been used.

News Comments > Destiny 2: Forsaken - Combat Reveal Livestream Today
1. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken - Combat Reveal Livestream Today Aug 7, 2018, 11:24 raVen

i no longer have a destiny, you 2 can no longer have a destiny too, just play games with a story.  

News Comments > Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved
7. Re: Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved Jun 28, 2018, 15:47 raVen

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 11:36:
Facebook claiming it would be an unfair hardship on them ...????

ahahhhaha !! ..right...

Yes, actually at the start of a new product's cycle if a ban on sale is enforced, it can be considered a hardship: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardship_clause

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Tix on Sale Tonight
6. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Tix on Sale Tonight Apr 10, 2018, 00:57 raVen

They're not on sale tonight. 1 month from today.  

News Comments > WoW Expands in August
8. Re: WoW Expands in August Apr 5, 2018, 13:31 raVen

KS wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 13:21:
So, after defeating the Iron Horde or whatever it was named, a multidimensional Horde taking over other planets, you went on to fight the Legion, an even tougher and much larger multidimensional demon faction that had taken over thousands of worlds. Not only were they way tougher, they were without number, on a planetary scale.

Your only hope was to find an incredible legendary weapon then energize it over a year to indescribable heights.

Against all odds, you succeed and can eventually lay waste to the unending waves of demons.

Azeroth is saved!

But wait. There are these two other lands with trolls and animals and whatnot running around that can paste you, and thus the Legion no problem?

So Azeroth was never really in danger? Once the Legion invasion got to these lands, the rats would eat them alive and filter back into legion worlds, eating demons as they went?

Infuse Your Armor with Titanic Might: Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Burning Legion’s wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
Looks like they're saying we're using legion powerful things to imbue our stuff to be more powerful... I assume that means so are these newly 'discovered' lands.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2018, 11:18 raVen

Opinions are about as good as pissing in the wind. I disagree with their opinion.

However, there is something to be said about 4chan and gamergate links. How and why this started is something we should examine, because there are concrete links that are much more based in fact than opinion. But because the author decides to link things without context or actual correlation it actually obscures the whole picture.

Just because one person in a group (or a small amount of people) do something does not mean the whole group approves of or condones it.

Games have never been more popular, and they continue to become more and more mainstream every day. You can use the same argument for anything, and logically it doesn't prove anything.

notes and other reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2018, 11:27 raVen

Yay, Happy Birthday Ant!

-
Tipsy McStagger:
Most of the time I can't bear to hear it in English; English dubs are the worst. And Netflix doesn't bother 1/2 the time to get Japanese voices or language.

My normal solution is use Japanese audio and English subtitles, sometimes this requires me to find subs online or make my own encodes (even in a super streaming era there are still huge holes.)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2017, 14:43 raVen

This is the first vertical merger ever to be blocked by the DOJ.
It is an atypical situation and it seems there is more afoot by DOJ and the whitehouse than AT&T. This should be unsettling to anyone, and we haven't even gotten to why AT&T merger might be good or bad.
I see people focusing on ifs of what AT&T will do to be evil behind the scenes (characteristic or not of AT&T), and they entirely miss that the DOJ is doing something in plain sight that is uncharacteristic in the history of mergers.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
16. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 12:53 raVen

Redmask wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 08:06:
That place was a virtue signalling cesspool and I doubt anyone is surprised that the guy in charge didn't practice what he preached.

NEOGAF IS A SAFE SPACE!
Can you clarify this stance?
I didn't visit the community portion very often, mostly just the first 2 pages of Gaming. My experience is quite the opposite of this, in general people of NeoGaf were not Evilore.

News Comments > Battle.net Mobile App
5. Re: Battle.net Mobile App Sep 27, 2017, 16:24 raVen

rad, last blizzcon I requested: Mobile Friending!
It's cool to see it come to life

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 11:42 raVen

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 11:38:
Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 11:35:
Sure we could just leave him alone, but then he's teaching a generation of kids how to be assholes.

Then we'll end up complaining about how kids these days are total assholes. Who taught them that...?

So like Radio, Elvis, Dungeons and Dragons, Video Games, Bevis and Butthead, First Person Shooters, we are now going to pin everything on him for this generation?

Except with Radio FCC intervenes, D&D is fairly local, Video Games have ratings boards, Beavis and Butthead deal with FCC or cable broadcast rules, FPS deal with ratings boards.

In a day when even the president of the USA isn't accountable for his words (or seemingly actions), we need to start holding people more accountable for what they say and do. Don't blame the messenger, Blame Trump.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 10:55 raVen

Just because you yell fire in a theater in a way you think is non-threatening or hurtful you still are tied to the consequences of your actions.  

News Comments > .hack//G.U. Last Recode Announced
1. Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode Announced Jun 21, 2017, 03:51 raVen

Awesome, I'll probably pick it up on steam, but maybe ps4!
Glad they remastered this, I didn't get a chance to play these on ps2.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer May 18, 2017, 17:43 raVen

Mr. Tact wrote on May 18, 2017, 17:35:
I don't know anything about Destiny and watching this trailer didn't give me much of an idea of what gameplay in Destiny 2 would be like. Pretty much a fail of a trailer if you ask me. ie.. what is game play and what was an in-game set pieces?
Yeah, they didn't really talk much about the campaign other than "MORE CUT SCENES THAN EVER BEFORE!!!", and OMG MOAR LOOTS!... They heavily focused on pulling random strangers into clans, where like in WoW, they're going to get kicked from groups and shit on because they aren't good. -- No thanks.

The Blizzard App portion is actually one of the appealing things for me, I have a ton of friends on that and All the people I know that did play destiny (on whatever platform) are on it. but alas, I usually played alone because I prefer it, especially when even people I do know can be assholes about shit. (no longer play Overwatch with them either.)

Destiny community wasn't that tight knit when I was playing, so are they really just blowing smoke up my ass, or did it change with the content drought?

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
13. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 00:41 raVen

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 21:52:
Wow, lots of Zenimax hate up in hurr.

Remember this sentiment when the next Elder Scrolls game is launched, next Fallout, or that new Quake game.

It's strange how people are able to divorce their feelings from a shitty mega-corp and the studios they own who make the games people love in some instances, but not in others.

it's socially intriguing.
I haven't picked up Dishonored 2, and I don't think I'll be picking up any zenimax/bethesda games from this point. And I used to want to go to quakecon and even work for iD, but now that all of this stuff has happened, I'm entirely against supporting this parent company.
While some people purport that they won't buy games from a company, I actually do follow through for the most part. I don't think i'll miss much either. [I don't play elder scrolls games anyways]

News Comments > QuakeCon in August
1. Re: QuakeCon in August Jan 27, 2017, 12:27 raVen

I would have loved to go to this, and have wanted to go for a long time.

Due to litigation between ZeniMax and Oculus(Facebook), the one time I can actually go, I choose not to.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 21, 2016, 00:26 raVen

Metallica can still suck it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y [NSFW: Language]

351 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo