Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 367 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2019, 14:29 raVen

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 14:27:
This guy rescued a dog and needs help finding him the perfect home.

WHO'S A GOOD BOY?!
i love doggos. was a good video.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Remote Play Together Beta

1. Re: Steam Remote Play Together Beta Oct 21, 2019, 19:08 raVen

Sweet, valve actually did something innovative and new!
oh wait:
The full list of Super Nintendo games available on Switch Online are as follows:
Brawl Brothers.
Breath of Fire.
Demon's Crest.
F-Zero.
Joe and Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics.
Kirby's Dream Course.
Kirby's Dream Land 3.
Pilotwings.
lol j/k valve, I do appreciate this stuff though! (and it is pretty cool that only the host has to install, that is new.)

News Comments > Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remaster Rumors

13. Re: Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remaster Rumors Oct 21, 2019, 13:55 raVen

Blizzard to fans:
Do you guys not have Cell Phones?
Do you guys not have Free Speech?
Do you guys not have other games to play?
Do you guys not have brains?

I'm way less interested in Diablo after Immortal was announced. for a couple reasons: The way they treated fans, and they way they treat Diablo 3 players and fans.

I am glad I decided to not go to blizzcon this year, i'm usually super excited to go, last year kind of took the wind out of my sails for this year. the more recent stuff just made it apparent that I made the right choice for me. (I bought the virtual ticket before the most recent crap)

News Comments > Untitled Goose Game Flies Out

4. Re: Untitled Goose Game Flies Out Sep 21, 2019, 14:25 raVen

This game is amazing, played all the way through!
$15 for lots of laughs. Highly recommend!

News Comments > Op Ed

4. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2019, 12:05 raVen

How can this even be considered a step back? It's along side BfA. (Battle for Azeroth: latest retail expansion)

If they shut down the latest stuff, I could see that be steps back.
One subscription for more. PCWorld c'mon.

News Comments > Control Released

11. Re: Control Released Aug 28, 2019, 01:55 raVen

I'm really digging this game so far.  

News Comments > Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations

6. Re: Gaming Industry Rape and Sexual Assault Allegations Aug 27, 2019, 13:11 raVen

Sometimes just being able to talk about trauma at all is a start.
I haven't been in that situation but have dealt with other trauma, and once you can talk about it, it's easier to work through and move to action.

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Jul 22, 2019, 13:32 raVen

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 12:39:
Who gives a shit at this point?
Yep, Valve put up or shut up.

/signed Everyone.

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store

17. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 17:33 raVen

When GoG.com makes it so I can launch everything from one client, I'll be extremely happy I purchased it forever ago.  

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store

15. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 17:31 raVen

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 12:34:
This is bullshit, I paid full price for this game 10 years ago, and now it is free to play. UGGGGG!! DAMN YOU EPIC STORE!!
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/opportunitycost.asp

News Comments > Out of the Blue

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 11:48 raVen

I think the show writers did very well for trying to tie up as many loose ends as they did. While it's not my favorite and I will be reading the books when they come out. They did a good job of providing a meaningful ending to this story.

There is plenty left that was not tied up, and I'm not sure if it's because George RR Martin wanted to write spin off series for these other characters or if he intends to continue to write more about them before finishing A Song of Fire and Ice.

Some of the characters outgrew this particular story, which I think is why they weren't mentioned as much / revisited in the TV show.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2019, 15:16 raVen

That anthem with dlss article might as well be a paid shill article. NVidia gave them a copy and a 2080ti.
The charts they show are 1-2 fps difference, but they're skewed so heavily it looks like it's a huge game changer. such bullshit.

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"

20. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 14:20 raVen

I think it's important to note that the playing field is not level. Steam has had a huge time advantage (And they've begun to squander it by no longer curating the service.)
Exclusives (like HL2 / CS) propelled Steam to where the juggernaut resides in marketplace dominance.
Epic is trying to gain market share, and this is a tool in the box. It's not inherently evil or contrived, it's business.

Posit: If Epic Games Store becomes a level competitor to Steam it's likely to be best for everyone as they both will have to compete for market share.

How Epic reaches that point is an uphill battle with only Valve to lose ground. Arguably Valve has already opened the door on several fronts for this to happen.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: 20 of the Worst PC Setups Mar 5, 2019, 14:14 raVen

4:3 monitors have their purpose. (emulation, portraits, flexibility for mastering content.)
This is the same old argument about widescreen vs fullscreen. artist creative intent and all that jazz.
There's also something to be said about reusing old hardware and repurposing it, rather than destroying it for no real reason.

Hyperbole battle go.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2019, 14:40 raVen

DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 13:40:
Why would Apple make these kind of statements publicly...is there a psychological strategy for doing so...or are they just stupid?

What do you want me to do for you Apple...cry you a river?

There's weak demand for anything a consumer feels is unnecessary or overpriced. DDR4 falls into this category also.

But instead of dropping prices and re-establishing good will between consumers the DDR4 industry wants to keep production low and keep selling at criminal prices.

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone that 5 is generations old now and while I've thought about going up a generation or two I don't really find it mandatory to do so.

They have a legal responsibility to report publicly to their shareholders.
from sec.gov:
The annual report to shareholders is a document used by most public companies to disclose corporate information to their shareholders. It is usually a state-of-the-company report, including an opening letter from the Chief Executive Officer, financial data, results of operations, market segment information, new product plans, subsidiary activities, and research and development activities on future programs. Reporting companies must send annual reports to their shareholders when they hold annual meetings to elect directors. Under the proxy rules, reporting companies are required to post their proxy materials, including their annual reports, on their company websites.

News Comments > etc.

3. Re: etc. Jan 3, 2019, 13:18 raVen

Oculus Rift go kind of counts, and they have the original Rift in that list.  

News Comments > Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin

6. Re: Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin Nov 10, 2018, 23:41 raVen

Too little too late.
Go check out MTG:Arena. It's the card game that started it all.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

And I'm sure Valve will never come out with card pack 3.

I'm so over valve at this point.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash

52. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 4, 2018, 02:53 raVen

The Magician wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 01:53:
... this makes me even less want to go back into the gaming business. Salaries suck compared to outside of gaming development, the hours suck, the studios suck, and overall, there's a large vocal mass of customers that suck. Ya'all suck the life out of the devs, and then trash talk them for making things you don't personally care about. Hint: They didn't do it just for you, there's 6 billion other people on the planet, and a huge number of them who don't play PC games.
They should have started with: DIABLO MOBILE ONLY GAME from the start.
The message was Blizzcon, we love diablo, we love the way diablo has brought people together to slay demons, oh hey phones? we have phones, and we want to have diablo on phones. We want to do this right for diablo! where you can play with everyone everywhere! Diablo lore diablo lore diablo lore.
prerendered cinematic that wont ever be realtime on a phone. which didn't have the ON APPLE and ON GOOGLE ANDROID.
more about how we love diablo and immortal. blah blah 20 years blah blah
oh hey lets show runtime of the phone! yeah! PHONE DIABLO (most of which doesn't show the UI of the buttons) -- SUPER misleading. more title text about how you can play on phone. zoom out with phone UI.

To the audience, there's still a chance at this point that it is going to be cross platform on PC and mobile. (reasonable assumption because Diablo has always been on PC.)
Cut to cosplay playing on phones... No pc clients to be seen anywhere.

Have some contrast: Hearthstone (The only other Cellphone experience Blizzard has made) came out on PC/Mac first. and later, much after the game was out they announce it was coming to phones.
Anyone who's been to blizzcon up to this point has been able to make a reasonable assessment based on history of product releases that while they're talking about mobile a ton, it's a new diablo on PC!

Biggest marketing mistake ever. So much so that fans booed a product that was made for them.

And to your quip about glad you're not in games anymore, I'm also glad, you obviously don't have the passion for it.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

32. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 9, 2018, 22:49 raVen

Alex Jones' actions on these platforms with regards to Sandy Hook is an equivalent of falsely shouting fire in a crowded theater.
On that basis alone using those platforms while spewing the vile he did about child actors is an acceptable bannable offense.
He's made many more ridiculous claims about many other topics, that have led people to harass and cause pain to victims in other cases as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater
The First Amendment holding in Schenck was later partially overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio in 1969, which limited the scope of banned speech to that which would be directed to and likely to incite imminent lawless action (e.g. a riot). The test in Brandenburg is the current Supreme Court jurisprudence on the ability of government to proscribe speech after that fact. Despite Schenck being limited, the phrase "shouting fire in a crowded theater" has since come to be known as synonymous with an action that the speaker believes goes beyond the rights guaranteed by free speech, reckless or malicious speech, or an action whose outcomes are obvious.
see also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_v._Ohio

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation

6. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 14:45 raVen

So is Bethesda going to go after GameStop for opening new games and still selling them as new?
The biggest reason I stopped buying games at GameStop. The last copy they have of something they sell is the display copy. Which has been used.

367 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >