Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14900 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
32. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 27, 2017, 00:24 Jerykk

Sadly, the rumor has been shut down by Creative Assembly. They are not making a sequel. In fact, most of the people who worked on the first game are no longer working at the company.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4: Deathstorm Part 2: Infiltration Released
5. Re: Sniper Elite 4: Deathstorm Part 2: Infiltration Released Apr 26, 2017, 03:57 Jerykk

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 11:46:
Weird that even STEAM games are available on Amazon and such , BUT I can not find this for sale on PC anywhere but Steam....?

Really? A cursory glance at Isthereanydeal.com shows it listed on 6 different sites.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
30. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 26, 2017, 03:54 Jerykk

Hope this is true. Really enjoyed the first one, though they probably could have improved the pacing a bit. Also, once you get the flamethrower, the Alien becomes nothing more than a minor nuisance. I've heard complaints about the Alien AI but I didn't really have any issues with it. The key is to keep moving. You should only stay still long enough to find your next safe spot. As soon as you see an opening, get moving. If you stay in one place for too long, you will be found.

I'm a big fan of stealth, survival horror and Alien so Alien Isolation was a perfect fit for me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 24, 2017, 01:36 Jerykk

If a game is designed for multiple playthroughs, I think it's fine. It was basically impossible to experience all of the content of Dead Rising 1 or 2 on the first playthrough so a second playthrough still felt fresh and interesting. Also, almost every rogue-like is designed for multiple playthroughs.

I don't know how fresh a second or third playthrough of NieR feels but I don't think the idea is inherently bad. Now, if the only meaningful difference between the playthroughs is the ending, that's problematic.

News Comments > Prey Trailer
20. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 23:54 Jerykk

Rigs wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 03:02:
The way I see it is this...the reason people are so...meh...on this game is that it really hasn't been explained to us. Who's the protagonist? Who's the antagonist? Why? Why here? What makes this station so important? They've given us small tidbits but they're expecting us to find out everything within the game, which is fine for an established IP and series, but not really for a new one. Take a look at Alien: Isolation, which I've been getting major vibes from when I see anything to do with Prey. I kinda overdosed on A:O backstory and 'lore', especially about the setting itself. So when we get another space station being invaded by nasty ol' aliens, I'm just kinda like...huh. I don't think I'm alone in that feeling. And before A:O, we had Dead Space (especially 2), before that, System Shock 2 (though not technically on a station). So at this point a game about fighting bad guys on an abandoned space station is getting a little stale unless the devs come up with a good reason why we should care. Is this whole 'Mimic' thing a reason? I can't really tell, to be honest. I haven't seen enough of it. I don't know enough about the setting or the bad guys. With A:O, you know the setting, you know the alien. With Dead Space 2, you knew the bad guys, the space station, while pretty to look at, was really just background window dressing. Here, we know nothing. So after a Conga-line of similar titles, how can one be expected to be excited about another one without knowing why?

Figuring out these things is kind of a big part of the game, I assume. Just like in the original Dead Space or System Shock. I've avoided almost all of the story trailers because discovering these things is part of what makes the story interesting.

Also, "Conga-line" is a big of an exaggeration. There are relatively few AAA games that take place on space stations.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Expeditions: Viking
2. Re: Gone Gold - Expeditions: Viking Apr 21, 2017, 23:48 Jerykk

Looking forward to this. The first game was criminally overlooked and was one of my favorite RPGs of the year.  

News Comments > Prey Trailer
7. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 01:15 Jerykk

Dash wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 00:42:
They're pushing this extra hard, which doesn't give me any good feelings on this game.

You have a bad feeling about a game because its publisher is actually marketing it? Or are you just fixated on the name and can't judge the game based on its own merits?

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty over all the politics. Did Prey 2 look cool? Sure. Did Bethesda cancel it for bullshit reasons? Probably. Does this new Prey have anything to do with the original game? Nope. Do any of these things have any impact on the quality of the game itself? Nope. From what I've seen, this game looks to have tons of potential and may be the System Shock 2 spiritual successor we've been waiting for.

People really need to stop fixating on politics and just judge games on their own merits.

ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 20:13:
The amount of Prey spam that I get from Bethesda is unprecedented. Neither Skyrim or Fallout 4 came close to the amount of posts about Prey that I see. I'm not sure I understand why.

Elder Scrolls and Fallout are much, much bigger IPs than Prey ever was. Hell, most people have never played or even heard of the original Prey. This is essentially a new IP, which is why Bethesda is promoting it so hard.

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
5. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 12, 2017, 01:22 Jerykk

Hoping Vanquish and Condemned 2 make it to PC.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released
16. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 9, 2017, 21:35 Jerykk

Hump wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 17:52:
If Epic had left PCF alone to do the game they wanted it wouldve been amazing. Instead they forced CliffyB. into the role of producer and we got Bulletstorm. Essentially Gears of War with a snarky, unfunny dialogue script.

Im so glad that little pile of Ego has left Epic. He's not nearly as talented as both he and his fans think....

I never understood the Gears comparisons. Bulletstorm plays nothing like Gears. Gears is a third-person cover shooter that encourages defensive playstyles. Bulletstorm is a first-person run & gun shooter that encourages aggressive playstyles. They are essentially polar opposites within the shooter genre.

I know it's cool (or at least, it was cool 6 years ago) to hate on Cliffy B but that doesn't mean you should make fundamentally flawed comparisons.

Back on topic, I'm glad to see Bulletstorm getting another chance to shine without GfWL. From what I've read, this remaster is solid and the best way to play the game. However, charging $50 for it is insane. It should be $20 max. Nobody is going to pay $50 for a remaster of a low profile, 6-year-old game, especially when there's so much competition out right now.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
16. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 9, 2017, 06:56 Jerykk

Bastiat's Ghost wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 05:17:
I want my money to go to developers. I would rather pirate games than see my money go to scammers like G2A.

That is pretty bizarre logic. Game keys can't be faked. They are all generated by the developer/publisher and sold to various resellers. Stolen keys are the exception, not the rule, and the vast majority of keys on sites like G2A were obtained in a completely legal manner. If you a buy a valid key from a reseller, that key was originally generated and sold by the developer/publisher and they received compensation for it. Keys can only be used once per user, whereas a pirated game can be used by an infinite amount of users.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
8. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 7, 2017, 23:47 Jerykk

Not sure what Gearbox was expecting. You can't deliver an ultimatum demanding far-reaching systemic changes and expect G2A to comply within a day.

This was simply a PR stunt to help boost Gearbox's public image.

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
11. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 6, 2017, 23:37 Jerykk

G2A is basically eBay for PC game keys. The vast majority of keys are legitimate (mostly obtained from bundles), but you do rarely have third-party sellers selling stolen keys.

I've bought a lot of games from G2A and only had one revoked, which G2A refunded without question. And I didn't pay for their fraud protection service. I've also sold games on G2A and all of them required proof of source and proof of purchase before they could be posted on the site.

G2A and other "gray market" sites get a lot of negative hype, primarily from people who have never actually used them.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2017, 21:53 Jerykk

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 20:09:
So basically two exact games in the top 10: H1Z1 and Player Unknown....good job gaming America.....great....wasting money on that trash

Have you played either of them?

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2017, 12:27 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 10:28:
Or I went to the Steam page and read the information. It sounds exactly like H1Z1, sans zombies, and H1Z1 is a shit game. In fact, they fucking cite H1Z1 on their Steam page as if that's some kind of positive reference material.

The only reference to H1Z1 is this: PLAYERUNKNOWN aka Brendan Greene, is a pioneer of the Battle Royale genre. As the creator of the Battle Royale game-mode found in the ARMA series and H1Z1 : King of the Kill, Greene is co-developing the game with veteran team at Bluehole to create the most diverse and robust Battle Royale experience to date.

King of the Kill is a battle royale mode for H1Z1. It does not have zombies and isn't a survival sandbox. It has a specific goal and a time limit in which to accomplish it. It's essentially large-scale deathmatch with permadeath.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2017, 01:43 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 22:38:
Even from the headline, I have no clue where he got the minecraft reference. What part of:

- last-man-standing shooter
- Players must fight to locate weapons and supplies
- massive 8x8 km island
- be the lone survivor
- BATTLE ROYALE

has anything to do with Minecraft?

His post was clearly a reactionary one made with very little knowledge of the game at hand. That is unfortunately common on the internet. I'm guessing he looked at a screenshot and immediately assumed that the game was just another survival sandbox game like H1Z1 or Conan Exiles.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
18. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 24, 2017, 12:34 Jerykk

yuastnav wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 06:12:
Wasteland 2 was good. It was not great, I didn't finish it but it was a good game, a fun experience.

I'm having fun with Torment right now. I'm a couple of hours in and it's good so far. Don't get why it only has a mixed rating on Steam. I read the first view lines of the first negative review I came across and they complained that it's a short game with only 30 hours.

I'm actually kinda glad. I don't have time for really long games anymore so it's a plus in my book. And I wouldn't call 30 hours short anyway.

Politics, really. A lot of people were really pissed that some things were either cut or changed from the original pitch. That happens in game development all the time but people apparently don't understand that. Torment also promotes itself as the spiritual successor to PST, which offends some people. Some people just don't like inXile as a company.

As with other games that launched with a lot of negative hype, the user ratings will rise over time as the vocal minority moves on to other things.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
8. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 24, 2017, 03:01 Jerykk

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:46:
So he has come to the realization that you can not continue the crowdfunding ponzi scheme forever. Smart guy. Lined his pockets and punches out. I would probably do the same at that age. Why risk bankruptcy when you can retire with millions from gullible fools in the bank?
The shitty sales performance of Torment was probably his final wakeup call which reminded him how fast you can fall from grace (there might be a slight pun in there Wink ).

Yes, I'm sure Fargo just pocketed all that Kickstarter money and bought another mansion...

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
24. Re: GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta Mar 22, 2017, 22:46 Jerykk

Glad to see these new features, especially cloud saves. I'm perfectly okay with clients if they're optional and offer useful features. Players should choose to use them instead of being forced to. That's what separates GOG Galaxy from Steam, Uplay and Origin.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
21. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 15, 2017, 12:25 Jerykk

Qbex . wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 04:34:
Great, SB already botched one of my beloved classic by making that dogshit Syndicate remake. Now they involved in another of my all time favorite. If only this was time of Riddick's Starbreeze I would be over the moon with the news but now I'm expecting the worst. In fact from what I've read all the talent from former SB went to MachineGames.

Starbreeze isn't developing the game. They're publishing it.

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 14, 2017, 23:54 Jerykk

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 05:12:
39% is a minority, still it is quite a large minority. Most people rate games positively, whether they are shit or not. Shit, the entire AAA industry is based on the stupidity and short memory of the majority of the gaming population.

Eh, that's not always true. If a game has a lot of negative hype, the user reviews tend to reflect that even if it isn't warranted. Mafia 3, Arkham Knight, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, HITMAN, Just Cause 3... games will often get a ton of negative hype for overblown performance issues that affect a vocal minority of players or dubious marketing/business decisions made by the publisher. Other times, games will get poor reviews for political reasons. HITMAN got a lot of negative reviews just for being episodic and requiring an online connection.

Torment got a lot of negative hype before release because some of the stretch goal features were cut or minimized. If you look at the complaints in this thread and most of the negative reviews, they fixate on said cuts. That's the problem with having specific stretch goals. Game development is an iterative process that's heavily influenced by time and money. It's extremely rare for a finished game to completely follow its original design doc. Features that seemed good and feasible on paper eventually prove otherwise. In most cases, players never know about these features so they aren't disappointed by their absence. However, the transparency of crowdfunded projects means players expect the final game to exactly match the original pitch, even if that's not how game development actually works.

14900 Comments. 745 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo