Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14724 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution DLC & Framerate Patch Plans
7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution DLC & Framerate Patch Plans May 23, 2016, 02:40 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on May 22, 2016, 15:52:
Apart from performance issues, it's incredible how not one review I've read managed to put the finger on why the game is only a bit better than mediocre. They just can't seem to clarify what it is that makes the game meh. It's annoying. So far everything I see in Youtube vids makes me want to buy the game... :\

Hmm, the reviews I've read have been pretty clear about it:

1) AI is retarded.
2) Guns aren't satisfying to use.
3) Death has no meaning so it's usually better to just ignore enemies and go for the objectives.
4) Missions are very generic and repetitive.
5) Writing is inconsistent.
6) Vehicle controls are lousy.
7) The game doesn't really take advantage of the premise and ends up being nothing more than a half-baked Far Cry clone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 23, 2016, 02:30 Jerykk

rudra wrote on May 22, 2016, 20:46:
jdreyer wrote on May 22, 2016, 20:06:
Do none of you have access to HBO Now where you live? If you like these shows so much why not pay for them?

do you know how to fucking read?

I think he does but your opinion is a bit confusing. If HBO creates a show that you enjoy (like GoT), why wouldn't you want them to continue making shows that you enjoy? If you hated everything they make, your opinion would make sense. But apparently you don't..?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 23, 2016, 02:28 Jerykk

ItBurn wrote on May 23, 2016, 00:30:
I played 5 hours of the new Doom SP and it was exactly what I expected. So far it's a 7.5 for me. There's major flaws in the game that could easily have been prevented. I can't understand why they made these decisions. Mostly, the engine has texture issues, the glory kills are a terrible and make the combat worse, it's all about "enter clear fight area, area locks, enemies spawn out of nowhere, kill enemies, area unlocks" and there's never really more than 6 enemies at a time. The level design is great though, much better than the linear bullshit we get in games nowadays.

Glory kills are optional and you can get a rune that speeds them up. I thought I was going to hate them but they really aren't bad and don't disrupt the flow of combat.

As for the area lockdowns, I thought that they actually worked pretty well thanks to the level design. Each lockdown area is like a mini-Quake arena and is fun to fight in. Dealing with waves of enemies forces you to keep moving and take advantage of the full combat space. It actually captures the Quake multiplayer experience really well.

News Comments > Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced
6. Re: Free Forge - Halo 5: Guardians Edition for Windows 10 Announced May 20, 2016, 12:24 Jerykk

Drayth wrote on May 20, 2016, 11:07:
I think they're trying to push the notion that if you own an Xbox you should really get Windows 10, and if you own Windows 10, life would be great if you also had an Xbox. I've been noticing that subtle(?) slant from them since the Win10 launch.

This. Microsoft wants everyone to own Windows 10 AND an Xbox One, not just one or the other. That's why they refuse to release new Halo games on PC. Halo is the killer app for the Xbox.

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
13. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 02:41 Jerykk

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 11, 2016, 23:35:
SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2016, 22:54:

Remember too, cdkeys.com has it for $35.

Wtf, that's damn cheap for pre-release. How reliable/sketchy is cdkeys.com?

Aka, are they trying to outdo G2A in their shadiness?

cdkeys.com isn't even listed on isthereanydeal.com, come on now.

Hrm, they also want a cell phone number to send a code to.

I've purchased numerous keys (pre-orders and otherwise) from cdkeys.com and never had any issues. Delivered on time (or earlier), activated fine and never revoked.

Much of the controversy surrounding "gray market" sites stems from a few isolated incidents involving marketplaces where random users can sell keys (specifically, the G2A and Kinguin marketplaces). cdkeys is not a marketplace. You're buying keys directly from the company that runs the site.

Back on topic, that Nvidia footage actually made me want to play the game now. The console footage that was shown previously was slow and boring but this PC footage actually reminds me of Quake. They should have showed this a lot earlier.

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
4. Re: Vampire Bloodlines TMed May 6, 2016, 23:07 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2016, 22:04:
Creston wrote on May 6, 2016, 21:37:
It was a great RPG, but it was so horrendously broken on release that I'm sure nobody was really surprised when it didn't sell well.

It was even more galling that the game had been done for over a year (since they had to wait for HL2 to come out first), and they fixed absolutely jack shit in that timespan...

Yeah, without the community fixes the game would have been a blip on gaming history radar. Still, everyone's been waiting for this for a long time. Let's hope they don't drop the ball.

Nah, that's not true. Most of the people who played Bloodlines did so without any of the community fixes. I played the game at launch and thought it was awesome even with all the jank.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
15. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 5, 2016, 03:27 Jerykk

Tachikoma wrote on May 5, 2016, 02:39:
Procedural Fallout/Skyrim would be the best thing to happen to videogaming.

Not sure how you can say that after experiencing the procedural quests in Skyrim and FO4. Generic, forgettable and extremely half-assed quests are not the best thing to happen to gaming. I'll take lovingly hand-crafted quests (ala Witcher 3) over procedurally-generated drivel (Skyrim/FO4) any day.

The inherent problem with procedurally-generated content is that being technically "unique" doesn't make something interesting or compelling. Games that rely on procedural generation aren't remembered for their level or quest design. They're remembered for their systems and mechanics and Bethesda isn't exactly good at either of those things. Instead, Bethesda's RPGs are known for their large, detailed worlds that are fun and interesting to explore and that's only because they're hand-crafted. Take that away and you have a lackluster action game with weak RPG elements and lousy writing.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
38. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 5, 2016, 02:26 Jerykk

Creston wrote on May 4, 2016, 13:33:
Very much enjoyed the first one, but there was a HUGE dichotomy between the "Kill everyone" and "Kill No one" paths. In that the first one was fun as hell, and had awesome powers, and the second path was basically a big, boring snooze.

Needless to say, in DH2, I'll be slaughtering everyone like cattle.

Eh, speak for yourself. I went pure stealth (didn't kill or pacify anyone) and I found it very entertaining. But then, I enjoy pure stealth. Trying to figure out how to complete objectives without being detected and without neutralizing anyone provides a lot of interesting challenges. Killing/knocking people out in a stealthy manner is generally boring because it's so easy, especially when you can teleport and pause time.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
13. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 23:02 Jerykk

Hopefully there aren't any procedural quests in this.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
8. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 3, 2016, 22:58 Jerykk

Hyped. Kind of disappointing that they went with two protagonists instead of just Emily when she's clearly the focus. Most likely a marketing decision, as Bethesda probably didn't think a game with only a female lead would sell.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer May 2, 2016, 05:05 Jerykk

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 09:02:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 05:41:
VaranDragon wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 05:13:
Looks pretty cool. And pretty too. Too bad the premise of the story is so awful that Im probably not going to play it simply because I can't stand such sorry world building. The "augmented" are segregated and a new apartheid reigns supreme? Sounds like hogwash to me. Think about it for a second. Only the rich would be able to afford such gadetry and technology if it were ever to appear, and only the rich would control it. Makes no sense that the "augmented" are the oppressed and the downtrodden. If there is one thing I can't stand in Sci-Fi its a faulty premise, and this one is broken-beyond-repair faulty...

It started that way, the rich / well-off having the augs, but then they became more affordable. And at the end of the last game the augs were hacked and everyone with them started experiencing hallucinations and going on violent rampages. So that why the non-augmented are segregating them now. Might be worth reading up on things before you declare them broke-beyond-repair faulty.

Hmm, well that makes a bit of sense I guess.

Did you really gripe about the premise of the sequel and essentially threaten to boycott it without even beating the previous game?

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
58. Re: Romero Apr 30, 2016, 05:55 Jerykk

You're only as good as your last game and for all intents and purposes, Daikatana was Romero's last game. That's one of the classic examples of games utterly failing to live up to the hype so I'm not sure why anyone would give him money now based on, well, hype.

That said, it's possible that he could redeem himself. Everybody hated Harvey Smith after DX:IW until he made Dishonored.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
29. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 05:14 Jerykk

Multiplayer feels like Halo but single-player might be good. Looks better than Doom 3, at least, though Shadow Warrior 2 looks superior in almost every regard.  

News Comments > The Long Journey Home Trailer
10. Re: The Long Journey Home Trailer Apr 24, 2016, 00:20 Jerykk

Reminds me of Star Control 2 in many ways. That's a good thing.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed Apr 23, 2016, 06:13 Jerykk

NetHead wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 10:11:
Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:36:
Hehehe.

I don't mind, to be honest, because now I don't have to choose between Uncharted 4 and this.

I've played Mirrors Edge but I haven't played a single Uncharted game, though I have seen playthroughs of each.

Having said that it's no contest, Uncharted is in a different league to Mirrors Edge even if EA doesn't mess it up with their usual crap.

They aren't even in the same genre. Uncharted is a shooter with platforming elements. Mirror's Edge is a pure platformer with occasional melee combat. ME:C doesn't even let you use guns. From a platforming perspective, ME is leagues better than Uncharted.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
7. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed Apr 23, 2016, 06:11 Jerykk

They really need to fix the load times. They are ridiculous, even on a SSD. For a game that encourages retries (because of the time trials), the load times are unacceptably long. Hopefully they're using the extra time to improve them but I doubt it.  

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 23, 2016, 06:08 Jerykk

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 05:15:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 22:41:
I didn't care for the beta, but Halo's slow movement speed, regenerating health, relative player vulnerability, and atypical weapons were no where to be seen. I honestly don't see where the Halo comparison is coming from, unless its just a generic way of saying "I didn't like it."

Nailed it.

Halo was a FPS console hit...DOOM needs to be hated...we hate consoles ??? DOOM = Halo

Compared to Quake's speed, DOOM feels like Halo. Doom also has a two-weapon limit, which I believe Halo introduced and made standard. Any multiplayer game by id will be judged by Quake standards and DOOM doesn't measure up.

News Comments > The Banner Saga 2 Released
7. Re: The Banner Saga 2 Released Apr 22, 2016, 03:22 Jerykk

Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 08:56:
I'm holding out on this until I hear some reviews of the combat system. First game was good but the combat system was very shallow and tedious.

Really? I didn't think it was shallow at all. What specifically did you dislike about it?

News Comments > HITMAN Episode Two Trailer
19. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 22, 2016, 03:18 Jerykk

Nuhauser wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 02:05:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:37:
Code: APR20
Brings the full game price down to $48 at GMG if any of you thinking of grabbing it.
Or $39.99 from DLgamer
Although I've never used that site before.

That site looks a little too good to be true. Any notions on where I could check to see if it's legit?

It's listed on Isthereanydeal.com so I'm pretty sure it's fine. That said, all the controversy over "grey market" sites is overblown. I've purchased numerous games from sites like cdkeys, g2a and kinguin and I've never had issues. Keys were delivered on time, activated fine and were never revoked. G2A and Kinguin have marketplaces where third-party sellers can sell stuff and that's where the rare cases of revoked keys have occurred but if you buy directly from G2A or Kinguin, you won't have any problems.

News Comments > The Technomancer in June
5. Re: The Technomancer in June Apr 22, 2016, 00:31 Jerykk

The dev has had a lot of interesting ideas in their previous games, though they've faltered from a mechanical standpoint. Technomancer still looks pretty clunky, though it is a big step up from Mars: War Logs. I'll probably pick it up on sale.  

14724 Comments. 737 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo