Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14724 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
8. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 22, 2015, 17:32 Jerykk

Game gets a lot of undeserved hate (much like the previous game). Yes, it is the easiest PB game yet but it still has large, detailed and wonderfully hand-crafted environments that are fun to explore. Combat is definitely improved over R2, with magic being greatly expanded and melee slightly less janky. I didn't like some of the character redesigns (Patty looks like a stripper now and Chani was whitewashed) but the game still has the same charm that all of PB's games have.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
7. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 17:26 Jerykk

From what I've seen and read, going 3D was a mistake. Platforming is way easier in 2D, especially with Trine's floaty physics and loose controls.  

News Comments > New TF2 Beta Game Mode
3. Re: New TF2 Beta Game Mode Aug 19, 2015, 12:22 Jerykk

This sounds like Quake Ball, which is fine because Quake Ball was awesome.  

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
10. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 12:20 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure this is just to test if there's any interest in a new Aquanox game. Nordic is a publisher. Surely they already have enough money to fund the game's development.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
12. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 03:38 Jerykk

New Game+, Blue. New Game+. The "new" is important because you are essentially starting a new game, only with the character progression from your previous game intact.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
42. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 16:34 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 13:41:
Team Fortress? Red Orchestra? Day of Defeat? Desert Combat? I could go on. I really miss the heyday of FPS modding. Half-Life alone had a lifetime of enjoyable and often ludicrous mods that did far more than simply enhance. To my knowledge Natural Selection was the first FPS/RTS hybrid.

It's pretty clear that established developers and publishers are no longer (if they ever even were) interested in pushing the video game envelope. I can't blame them with the ever-rising cost of development, which has likewise had a seriously negative effect on indie development (unless you're a devoted fan of 2D platformers or voxels). Mod tools and quality, comprehensive engine licensing represent the only real hope for truly innovative (and still modern) game design.

Witcher 3 was a great game, no doubt, but it wasn't without its share of faults, some of which were deeply rooted (like the aforementioned combat). The difference between a game like Skyrim and everything else is that the community was able to take the base game and shore it up enough to stand up to years of replays. On top of that, active modding routinely creates new sales. God knows ARMA would have sold a pitiful fraction of its numbers if DayZ hadn't come around.

I know releasing mod tools costs money, and mod tools may or may not bear fruit, but open world games like Witcher 3 benefit the most from modding, and any chance at evolutionary game design is likely to come from the community. They have to have tools to work with, though.

Except CDPR has released mod tools for W3. Mod tools that allow for scripting modifications. The kind of modifications you'd need to tune combat. In fact, there's already a mod that enhances combat.

33. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 04:35 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 04:09:
A lot of people jumping to defend one side or the other, when it's not really about that. The Witcher3 with it's quite open world could really spawn a massive modding community, depending on the tools that are released.

Some have brought up the lackluster mod scene from W2 as a reason not to really support a W3 mod scene, which is ass-backwards. W3 is a much more capable game and engine and appears to be the most well sold and popular game of the series. It could potentially support a massive mod scene depending on the support of the developers. Especially since Skyrim is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

True, the open-world and mainstream success of W3 do give it stronger modding potential. However, considering how underwhelming the mod community was for W2, I can understand CDPR's hesitation at rolling out the full toolset. It's possible they're simply testing the waters with this initial release and if the mod community starts growing, they'll release more extensive tools.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 17, 2015, 04:28 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 19:15:
Wetworks24 wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 18:42:
Less than 3 months till Fallout 4!

And absolutely nothing of interest in between, as far as I can remember

Mad Max
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Volume
Pillars of Eternity: White March
Metal Gear Solid 5
Act of Aggression
Armikrog
Sword Coast Legends
M&M Heroes 7
Blood Bowl 2
Rainbow Six Siege
Satellite Reign

Plenty of good stuff coming out before FO4.

30. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 17, 2015, 02:15 Jerykk

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 18:29:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 16:58:
It's kind of like how DAO had extensive mod tools but nobody really cared, so Bioware didn't bother with DA2 and Inquisition.

Errr, DAO got quite a few mods. Some very good ones too. DAO in no way compares to the lack of Mods for W2.

I was kinda hoping someone would do an overhaul mod for W3 (like oscuro did for Oblivion), as the level of monsters is all over the fucking place. Level 9 monster, level 9 bandit, oh, hi level 24 basilisk.

Level 18 drowners, level 15 wyverns, hey a level 3 bandit camp.

It really makes no sense whatsoever.

DAO's mod community wasn't large enough to justify the effort of releasing extensive mod tools, hence the reason why Bioware didn't do so for the sequels. Same applies to Witcher 2. Witcher 2 had some good mods too but not enough to justify a full REDkit release for Witcher 3.

18. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 17:21 Jerykk

Dacron wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 16:58:
PHJF wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 16:19:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Out of stock? huh. On digital goods.

That just means they ran out of keys and need to get more from their suppliers. Nothing weird about that.

15. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 16, 2015, 16:58 Jerykk

They probably didn't bother with the extended mod tools this time because Witcher 2 never really formed a strong mod community. The series has never been as popular amongst modders as Bethesda's games. It's kind of like how DAO had extensive mod tools but nobody really cared, so Bioware didn't bother with DA2 and Inquisition.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced Aug 14, 2015, 22:35 Jerykk

It's "New Game+," not "Game+"  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
14. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 14, 2015, 04:27 Jerykk

Might actually pick up the season pass (on sale) for this.  

News Comments > The Solus Project Trailer
4. Re: The Solus Project Trailer Aug 14, 2015, 04:25 Jerykk

Really wish developers wouldn't bother with VO if they can't do it right. Bad voice acting and/or writing only hurts your game. I'll take a silent protagonist over that any day.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
37. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 13, 2015, 11:27 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 13:13:
El Pit wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 13:00:
WaltC wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:43:
Timing is not great...I think they should have waited until the week after they got the EE out of the door...It's hard to justify financing a sequel when the first game remains unfinished. I think that D:OS is a masterpiece...but this KS doesn't agree with my sense of proper timing.

Unfinished? I don't understand. I played through all of D: OS and it was the complete game.

Really? The fact that the second zone basically had no town and placeholder NPCs didn't annoy you? Or that the game shipped with 2 completely undeveloped companion NPCs and the rest of one's party had to be fleshed out by mindless drones?

Wasteland 2's release mimicked Divinity's. The first portion of the game was relatively complete and the bulk of what was shown during development. The latter portion of the game was a rushed mess shoved out the door to hit a self imposed release date, no doubt because development funds were dried up.

Divinity had some great combat that remained fun throughout the game, but it was a fucking TERRIBLE RPG.

Completely undeveloped companions? What? They had personalities, unique dialogue and backstories that became revealed over the course of the game. Also, the second town had unique quests and NPCs. Just not as many as the first. I got about 100 hours of gameplay from the game so it certainly wasn't lacking for content.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released
18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 02:53 Jerykk

So... any actual feedback on this DLC? The Deep Roads were almost universally reviled in DAO, so it's strange that they'd base an entire DLC off of it.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 11, 2015, 12:28 Jerykk

I liked the combat in DA:I. It was pretty tactical when you played on the highest difficulty and enabled friendly fire. The tactical camera was kind of shite, though. Not as bad as DA2's but still clearly an afterthought.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2015, 01:12 Jerykk

I feel like the scale of W3 actually works against it in some ways. Completionists will likely burn out trying to do everything (especially in Skellige where there are like 100 POIs and many of them are pointless treasure caches) and the game gets a bit formulaic after 100 hours. If the game were 40-60 hours long, I think the reviews and reception would actually be even more positive.  

News Comments > The International Results
22. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 23:59 Jerykk

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 21:05:
CDEC lost the last game when they got rolled by EG trying to take the boss. It was a fairly even match till then.

I feel kind of bad for CDEC. They actually won their first match against EG, then lost the finale. Two matches but only one of them really counted.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March Video Interview
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Video Interview Aug 9, 2015, 01:30 Jerykk

Would love to know how much they're charging for this. Surprised you can't pre-order it considering that it comes out in a matter of weeks. Launch timing is a bit poor because SR:HK comes out about a week ahead. Would have been better to release it in September.  

14724 Comments. 737 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo