Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14773 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed
6. Re: PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed Dec 2, 2015, 12:24 Jerykk

Windows 10 exclusive?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
28. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 23:16 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 18:35:
NKD wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 16:59:
I'm more concerned with the online DRM causing interruptions than loading a huge open world taking a bit... I guess that means it's time to wait a few months for them to get their full value from inconveniencing paying customers to prevent piracy before they finally relent and remove it.

Not sure what online DRM you're talking about. Game runs fine offline.

Excuse me, "persistent online features." Several reviews mention how goddamned annoying it is because their servers suck, and the offline mode isn't really an offline mode as it frequently attempts to reconnect upon such common actions as opening the map or pausing. It's the early days of Uplay all over again.

That isn't DRM. Publishers genuinely believe that customers care about socially connected experiences

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
27. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 23:14 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:28:
I would be very curious as to how many of us blues crew here actually run multi GPU setups.

I would if I wasn't so poor. To a layman, a single powerful card is pretty much always better than two lesser cards... so SLI, exactly like GSync, is only useful to the people who can afford top-end equipment in the first place.

Even if you have the money, SLI/Crossfire isn't a very good investment. Many games either do not support it or have problems when using it. I had a dual GPU card a years ago and was only able to effectively use both GPUs about 50% of the time. Things haven't really changed since then.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2015, 19:55 Jerykk

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 11:01:
Considering the critical beating SWBF is taking and how players are reporting a severe disinterest in the game hours after purchasing it.. EA should do something (other than release 1 more world map) to get and possibly keep players.

As it stands now, the game has very little long term appeal, there's not much "gotta get back to playing" feel to this title.. and the community will suffer. It should've been a 30 dollar title, with very cheap DLC. In act, whatever DLC is coming next, should've been included in the main release. However, if we're making a list of "should'ves" .. there's about 20 of them..but they are game-changing, so that won't happen in the future anyhow

Reviews are largely irrelevant for Battlefront. People bought it because of nostalgia for the original films, not because of the gameplay. Swap out the IP and nobody would have any interest in the game.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2015, 23:44 Jerykk

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 22:28:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:26:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:33:
EA has a golden opportunity to get more players into SWBF in time for next month and their failure to drop the price is absolute stupidity.

Uh, why would they lower the price when the game is already selling very well? The whole point of discounts is to stimulate sales. If sales are already high, there's no need for further stimulation.

According to what was expected it is NOT selling well. And according to The Know's research EA's claims aren't exactly true. There's a lot of half-truths and BS, obviously to win over investor confidence during Q4.

GameStop's statement is based solely on their own internal numbers. They don't have access to sales numbers from Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Origin, XBL, PSN, etc. The video you linked is based on pure speculation, with the assumption that the game has sold, at a bare minimum, 1.5 million units. In all likelihood, total sales figures are probably at least 2 million by now and will no doubt increase substantially with the release of the new film and Christmas right around the corner.

So no, it's way too early to discount the game when they aren't even nearly finished milking full-price sales.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2015, 19:26 Jerykk

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:33:
EA has a golden opportunity to get more players into SWBF in time for next month and their failure to drop the price is absolute stupidity.

Uh, why would they lower the price when the game is already selling very well? The whole point of discounts is to stimulate sales. If sales are already high, there's no need for further stimulation.

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
41. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 07:00 Jerykk

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:21:
Oh about "Boo hoo bad sale", I'm seeing some best deals I've seen on the following games...

DAI - $15
Witcher 3 - $30
Dying Light - $20
Wolf New Order - $9
Dungeons 2 - $10
Cities - $15
Ark - $18 (Game is still a top seller)
Elite - $15
Mad Max - $30

Wtf is one expecting? And yes this isn't the Winter sale...

The winter sale will very likely have the same discounts at this sale. They're only a month apart, after all.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
23. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 06:54 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 04:15:
Zoom wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 03:44:
If you want a 'modern' remake of SS2 that's pretty much Dead Space. The scenario and ending of SS2 are quite grim compared to DS though, but DS adds more personality to the main protagonist.

Apart from the similar setting, Dead Space is nothing like SS2.

This. Bioshock is probably the closest thing to SS2 in terms of high-level design. They streamlined the RPG elements considerably but the structure of the game and even the plot twists are basically the same.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
25. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 03:21 Jerykk

Min specs are always overblown and Avalanche has a history of well-optimized PC games. All of the JC3 footage shown thus far has been from the PC build and there's plenty of 60 FPS footage on Youtube.

On a side note, the 670 is over 3 years old. That seems pretty reasonable for a min spec requirement.

News Comments > One Hour Just Cause 3 Trailer
6. Re: One Hour Just Cause 3 Trailer Nov 25, 2015, 03:13 Jerykk

Not sure what the point of this is. Hours of non-spoilery gameplay has already been shown on Youtube and Twitch.

Also pretty sure this is PC footage. All the footage they've shown thus far has been PC (using an Xbox controller). Haven't seen any performance issues in the 60 FPS footage I've seen.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 23, 2015, 13:35 Jerykk

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:55:
I many be biased, but there is no way that this shit hole of a game is better then Fallout 4.

Star Wars is a much bigger IP than Fallout. In addition, Battlefront caters specifically to fans of the original films. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 18:09 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 17:04:
They took a chance with that plot, for sure. FO3 is more relate-able, everyone has a dad, but if you're not a parent IRL it's hard[er] to care about a virtual baby.

I haven't quite finished the game yet on my first playthrough, but I started another guy with whom I'm being more sneaky-sneak than barging in with power armor... Already found several meaty quests I missed the first time, even when the map had been about 75% explored. Fantastic game.

When games try to make you feel connections through familial ties, it never works. In real-life, familial bonding is established through years of interactions and experience. Telling me some random person is related to me doesn't establish any kind of bond, especially when my interactions with said people are extremely limited (like with the dad in FO3). I haven't beaten the main questline in FO4 but I'm guessing it follows suit.

I liked FNV's approach a lot better. No arbitrarily imposed relationships. Just curiosity as to who tried to kill you and why.

For what it's worth, the writing in FO4 definitely seems improved over FO3. I haven't encountered anything facepalm-worthy yet and there was plenty of that in FO3. So far, everything seems believable and coherent. No towns built around nukes leaking radiation, no caves filled with kids that somehow survived for 200 years by eating fungus, no slaver towns run by guys dressed like pimps, etc.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
14. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 17, 2015, 04:09 Jerykk

The whole "unauthorized seller" controversy is getting silly. It's not illegal to buy and resell keys. Contrary to apparently popular belief, said keys are not inherently "shady." They are not stolen and not Russian (Russian keys are region locked). The two reported incidents of keys being revoked both originated from random sellers on the G2A/Kinguin marketplaces (similar to how Amazon allows third-party sellers on their site). I've bought keys from G2A (not random sellers on their marketplace), CDkeys.com, GMG and plenty of "unauthorized sellers" and never had any problems.

The people who constantly whine about the gray market usually have never even bought anything from said market and are basing their skepticism on pure speculation rather than fact or even personal experience.

Back to GMG, it makes sense that not all publishers would want to sign contracts with them. GMG routinely offers 20-30% off pre-orders (or any game, really) and publishers generally don't like it when such discounts are offered so early.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
21. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 05:18 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 03:23:
Doma wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 03:04:
Oh and skills are out! (In a RPG!!!) and the Mass Effect dialogue wheel isnt exactly an upgrade.

Put it up against a proper RPG like The Witcher 3 that also came out this year, its just sad.

The perk tree in FO4 is no different than the way you unlock skills in the various trees upon level-up in The Witcher 3... It made me chuckle, the way you put those two contradictory statements together. What difference does it make to be rid of the extraneous 1-100 values, when all that mattered before was the 4-5 breakpoints we're left with now anyway?

The perk tree in FO4 is actually better than the one in Witcher 3 because in W3, you can only have 12 perks active at a time. As a result, you end up spending points on perks you can't even use.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
28. Re: Interior Lighting Sucks!! Nov 10, 2015, 12:34 Jerykk

Orly wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:30:
Is it just me or does the interior lighting look horrible?? And is anyone else suffering from horrible brightness outside?? Its like a bloom nightmare. It just strikes me to not see anyone mention it. Im wondering if its just me. Any fix for that. There is no gamma or brightness adjustment to be seen anywhere?

The game is washed-out by default. They're going for a more "realistic" aesthetic.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
49. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 21:07 Jerykk

When you use the name of an established RPG franchise like Fallout, you will inevitably be judged by the same standards as said franchise. As such, it's completely reasonable to compare Fallout 4 to previous games in the series.

That said, I do agree that people should know what they're getting by now. After Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim, Bethesda has firmly established that it is good at making big worlds that are fun to explore and bad at making RPGs. If you buy a BGS game, you should do so with the expectation of a big world that's fun to explore. That's it. You have no reason to expect good writing, good combat, good graphics or traditional RPG elements because those are areas where BGS fails. Again, these failings don't mean that BGS' games are bad. I've played and enjoyed all of them. However, that's because I know what I'm getting and I expect nothing more. It's entirely possible to enjoy a game while recognizing its flaws. Now, if we're lucky enough to have Obsidian make another Fallout game, I'll definitely judge it by different standards because Obsidian excels in different areas than BGS.

47. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 17:58 Jerykk

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 17:11:
It's weird how some people around here like to hate on popular games as if that makes them cool or more sophisticated. We've seen that with anything by Bethesda, with Battlefront, with Star Citizen... any time a game is popular there are some here who will bash it.

There are a lot of valid reasons to bash Bethesda. They've been oversimplifying their games and removing RPG elements since Oblivion. Fallout 4 is no exception, with the complete removal of the skill system and the addition of the 4-option dialogue wheel that, when combined with the fully-voiced player character, greatly reduces the number of potential dialogue options you can have. Fallout has a rich RPG history so it's understandable that old-school Fallout fans would be offended by the changes Bethesda has made to the series.

Then there's Bethesda's writing, which is easily the worst among AAA WRPG developers. The writing in Fallout 3 was simply awful, with paper-thin characterizations, black and white morality, completely illogical lore and quite possibly the worst speech checks I've seen in any RPG ever.

So while there are definitely some who hate on anything popular, I think most people rail on Bethesda for legitimate reasons. That doesn't mean Bethesda makes bad games but for people looking for traditional RPG experiences, Bethesda's recent output has been pretty underwhelming.

45. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 14:24 Jerykk

Task wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 09:58:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 19:50:
Not sure why people are so fixated on FO4's presentation. When has a Bethesda RPG ever had good textures or animations?

From what I've seen and read, FO4 isn't going to surprise anyone. It will offer a big, detailed world that's fun to explore and filled with relatively interesting things to do. It won't offer good graphics, good writing, good balancing, good combat or good implementations of traditional RPG elements. I'm not sure why you'd expect any of the latter if you've played any BGS game after Morrowind.

Here's a good question though. Why don't people expect or demand of them to improve on those other missing key facets (besides graphics), like filling that open world with a realistic, meaningful setting (side quests that feel impactful/matter, engaging story, etc.)? Otherwise, the Elder Scrolls series will regress more as it has; right along side with their "vision" of Fallout.

I would like to one day play a Bethesda game and not only expect an interesting open world, but an experience that is not shallow. It's become an increasing tiring affair ever since Oblivion. The game doesn't even have to have amazing graphics, but if Polish developers can do it, then it shouldn't be an impossible leap for Beth.

I expect a FO game, especially as a fan of FO1/2/Tactics to not just be an open world.

People don't expect those things because Bethesda never delivers them. It doesn't make sense to expect things from Bethesda that they have no history of doing.

News Comments > Overwatch Preorders & Details
10. Re: Overwatch Preorders & Details Nov 7, 2015, 21:54 Jerykk

4D-Boxing wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 08:47:
SimplyMonk wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 03:20:
ViRGE wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:56:
$40 and what so far appears to be no microtransactions? They've got my attention. There are far too few "pay once and play" MP games these days.

As long as I like what I see once I have a chance to play the beta, it would be an easy buy.

I think a MP-only game can't survive in today's environment without being F2P. MAYBE Blizzard can pull it off because of their fan base, but MP only games need a large player base so that matchmaking and queue times are short and your barrier to entry is as small as possible.

Honestly, I would of loved it if Evolve and Titanfall had been F2P selling mechs, loadouts, hunters and monsters. I pay for the parts of the game I like and am assured that there will always been a number of free players around for quick matchmaking times months down the road.

I would put money on seeing microtransactions for this down the road though. Might be 6 months or a year before we see them, but the game's design just begs for it. They might even pull a TF2 and switch to F2P completely at some point at which I'll give the game a gander rather than risk $40 on something that, although unlikely due to the "It's Blizzard" factor, will be dead in a few months.

Interesting, you make some good points. I've always seen TF2 as a "one off". Right place, right time. Place = packaged in the Orange box, Time = few new twitch shooters available. Walking Dead episodic games had the same conditions. IMO Tribes Ascend, Hawken and PlanetSide 2 suffered from being f2p. I and others see f2p as a sign the title will be mediocre. The new UT is going that route and is already a ghost town.

I really can't see this doing well at all. Doom is scheduled to come out a few months before and it will probably have a server browser and mabey even LAN support. I'm one of those who's never had a good experience with matchmaking in fps, Blizzard may have the $ and infrastructure (battlenet) to make it work but, the lack of a server browser is like releasing a PC fps without mouse support but, that's a personal view. (if they want to eliminate server browser at least come up with a better option not a less feature rich one like matchmaking)

I don't think the Blizzard factor will kill the game, ignoring what PC fps fans expect as basic features guarantees the games early demise (server browser, LAN, MOD support etc..) put all those things in there and the game will have a healthy player base and longevity.

(just woke up and may not be making sense)

Eh... what? You really think Doom's MP won't be a ghost town? I've played it and it's a massive disappointment for anyone expecting a successor to Q3. The new Doom's MP will be about as popular as D3's MP, which is to say, not popular at all.

Overwatch is going to be massively more successful than Doom or any other MP shooter that isn't CS:GO.

34. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 19:50 Jerykk

Not sure why people are so fixated on FO4's presentation. When has a Bethesda RPG ever had good textures or animations?

From what I've seen and read, FO4 isn't going to surprise anyone. It will offer a big, detailed world that's fun to explore and filled with relatively interesting things to do. It won't offer good graphics, good writing, good balancing, good combat or good implementations of traditional RPG elements. I'm not sure why you'd expect any of the latter if you've played any BGS game after Morrowind.

14773 Comments. 739 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo