Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14805 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
29. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 29, 2015, 01:03 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 07:04:
Nope combat isn't appealing in third person either. For example that Shadows of Mordor game was fun for about an hour and a half before it got repetitive and boring. I guess 3rd person action/adventure games are just not my thing.

Not really sure why the perspective would matter? If SoM was first-person, would you have enjoyed it? Of course, the combat system wouldn't have worked at all in first-person.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 05:43 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 02:47:
I could never really get into Tomb Raider. Not really sure what the attraction was, besides a pixelated fake chick, with huge 3d boobs. Maybe it would have been somewhat exciting when I was 14 or something, but then again I was never really a fan of 3rd person action games anyway.

The appeal of the series has always been its combination of platforming and puzzle-solving. Exploring ancient tombs, reaching places nobody's been in hundreds of years, pulling off crazy acrobatics to avoid lethal traps, etc. If you don't like puzzles or platforming, then that would explain the lack of interest. Of course, the last two games have focused more on combat than puzzle-solving or platforming so you might find them more appealing.

15. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 19:50 Jerykk

The last 2013 Tomb Raider was one of the very few games I preordered and actually paid full price for in the last five years. This new one will be a freebie thanks exclusively to Microsoft's shitty PC policies.

Square decided to sign the contract with MS. I'd say they're even more to blame because MS will always focus on pushing their hardware whereas Square has no reason to. Against all logic and reason, Square thought it was wise to neglect more than 2/3 of their customer base.

That said, pirating RoTT won't exactly encourage Square to avoid such deals in the future. If anything, it will make PC even more of an afterthought. The best course of action is to avoid buying the game on Xbox (which most people have apparently already done). Square definitely made a lot of stupid decisions with the launch of RoTT but at least they're releasing the PC version relatively soon after the Xbox version. I was expecting a 6 month wait, not a 3 month wait.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 27, 2015, 16:58 Jerykk

People are stupid. It doesn't matter if video is captured at 60 FPS if the game itself is running at 30.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2015, 20:35 Jerykk

Saboth wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:06:
Yeah, I noticed the Steam Store was down, but was out for Christmas most of the day. Checked my balance and credit card linked to the account and didn't see anything suspicious. Love that Steam customer service though. No mention that there is a problem, no update on when to expect things to be fixed, no explanation of any type for their loyal customers who are all literally in the dark (due to the store being nothing but a black screen right now). If we are lucky, they might even mention there was a problem that was now repaired, but they most likely won't mention anything about the security issue and if there are additional steps we should take or things we should do like change PW, check funding accounts, etc.

Was it possible to actually do anything with someone's account? From what I understand, you could see their account info (though important info was censored) but you couldn't actually change any of it or buy anything.

News Comments > The Witcher III Graphics Mod
7. Re: The Witcher III Graphics Mod Dec 25, 2015, 20:32 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 18:30:
Btw I really hope this game will get a good rebalancing mod before the second expansion comes out. I want to replay it, but not with the current balance.

My god, how I hated the fact the main quests were getting gray while I still had 15 sidequests to do before going to that other island.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter. You'll still level up at a normal pace even if you don't get the max XP reward for every quest.

No, the bigger issue is that leveling becomes pointless once you've filled up all your skill slots. You'll just be dumping points into skills you either don't use or can't use because all your slots are filled. I'm hoping they add some more skill slots in the Blood & Wine expansion.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2015, 17:40 Jerykk

Creston wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 10:56:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 22:52:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 18:06:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 16:57:
I'm genuinely shocked that Bioware Points are on sale. This may very well be the very first time ever. Sadly, the discount is only 33%. Bioware's DLC is so overpriced that 75% is the minimum discount required to be worthwhile.
FYI, using a VPN like cyberghost is the best solution. You can usually get up to 50% off depending on your current region. Here's a thread on Biowares own site, talking about how to do it. The thread is a year old and most recently tested in the last 30 days as still working. The procedure is a little different from a year ago, just make sure to read the posts. Ahoy

Nice find! Sadly, even 50% off is still too little. When Mass Effect Trilogy routinely goes on sale for $15 and offers over 100 hours of gameplay, paying $20 for a few hours of ME3 DLC is absurd.

The Citadel DLC is worth it at 50% off. It has a LOT of content in it, and is genuinely fun to play. For ME2, I'd really only recommend Lair of the Shadowbroker at that price.

How does it compare to the DLC for Dishonored? I thought those DLCs was great and well worth $10 a piece.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2015, 01:02 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 00:54:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 22:52:
I'm genuinely shocked that Bioware Points are on sale. This may very well be the very first time ever. Sadly, the discount is only 33%. Bioware's DLC is so overpriced that 75% is the minimum discount required to be worthwhile.
FYI, using a VPN like cyberghost is the best solution. You can usually get up to 50% off depending on your current region. Here's a thread on Biowares own site, talking about how to do it. The thread is a year old and most recently tested in the last 30 days as still working. The procedure is a little different from a year ago, just make sure to read the posts. Ahoy

Nice find! Sadly, even 50% off is still too little. When Mass Effect Trilogy routinely goes on sale for $15 and offers over 100 hours of gameplay, paying $20 for a few hours of ME3 DLC is absurd.
Oh I agree it's still priced too high. I'm just looking out for ME2 DLC if it's a good dead. I decided not to buy any more ea origin games, the last two I played were ME2 and DA Origins.

Edit: Oh wait, this could stack, getting the 50% of then using it to buy the 33% dlc? Damn, I'm too tired atm, brain not working...must sleep! Sleeping

Origin isn't offering the 33% off, Gamestop is. And it's 33% off Bioware Points, not the DLC itself.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2015, 22:52 Jerykk

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2015, 16:57 Jerykk

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC Released
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season of Infamy DLC Released Dec 22, 2015, 21:48 Jerykk

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 10:59:
I have to say that they have done a rather impressive job with the patching (FINALLY). And the story DLC has been interesting.

But not showing this on Steam this morning.

Try checking again. I received the DLC today. It was actually pretty decent and better than the previous DLC. It's basically a set of side-missions, only these are way better than the side-missions in the base game. That said, don't expect anything too substantial. They are still side-missions, after all.

Having played all the DLC, I'd say the Season Pass is worth about $10. You get maybe 4-5 hours of content and a bunch of skins. For $10, that's a decent value. I'd be pretty pissed if I'd paid $40, though.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2015, 18:45 Jerykk

Nice bundle. Murdered is easily worth at least $1 if you enjoy adventure/stealth games and Life is Strange is great (although this only gives you the first episode).  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer
9. Re: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer Dec 22, 2015, 04:24 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 00:02:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 23:05:
Wallshadows wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 18:36:
Yeah but are there more than three base gun models which do the same amount of damage regardless of your level?

If you're using guns in Dying Light, you're doing it wrong.

On a side note, I love how much post-release support Techland has given DL. It's surprising given that WB is the publisher and they have a pretty poor record of DLC and post-release support.
Support has been good, but the ability for the community to mod is still extremely weak compared to Fallout or Elder Scrolls. It's obvious how much of a benefit to longevity and sales full modding is to a company.

Bethesda is the only AAA developer to release extensive mod tools these days. That Dying Light has any mod tools at all means that Techland is already doing more than what 99% of developers do.

On a side note, mod tools in and of themselves won't necessarily extend longevity or sales in any meaningful way. Witcher 2 and DAO both had pretty extensive mod tools but their modding communities weren't anywhere close to what Bethesda has. Conversely, GTA4 had zero official mod support but an extremely strong mod community. Ultimately, the replayability of a game and the passion of its fanbase are what drive modding regardless of official support.

News Comments > GOG.com Bethesda Softworks Sale
7. Re: GOG.com Bethesda Softworks Sale Dec 22, 2015, 04:16 Jerykk

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 02:59:
I've noticed that whenever GoG has a big sale, a steam sale follows the next day or so. Lets see what happens this time...

The Steam winter sale has already been leaked as happening today.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Trailer Dec 21, 2015, 23:05 Jerykk

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 18:36:
Yeah but are there more than three base gun models which do the same amount of damage regardless of your level?

If you're using guns in Dying Light, you're doing it wrong.

On a side note, I love how much post-release support Techland has given DL. It's surprising given that WB is the publisher and they have a pretty poor record of DLC and post-release support.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 00:14 Jerykk

SlimRam wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 00:10:
Uhhh, lil bit wild that 'Squad'is number 3? Holy shit, I mean the game looks pretty cool but DAMN are people buyin' it up this fast? It looks HUGE and definitely has a Battlefield vibe going on but I didn't realize the game was this popular? Has anyone here tried it? Is it too huge or is it nasty combat between 100 people?

The Steam weekly sales charts aren't always a good indication of popularity. GTAV has sold over 3.5 million units. FO4 has sold over 2.5 million. CS:GO has sold around 18 million units. Squad has sold around 40k.

40k isn't a bad number for an early access indie game with no marketing but it isn't quite as popular as the charts would suggest.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
31. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 03:27 Jerykk

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 01:20:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 01:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 00:30:
Even listen to the guy from IGN's reaction. He reviewed Mafia 1 and 2 for IGN, and his reaction is that it's way to over the top.

If it was grabbing the guy from behind (hand over mouth) and a stab in the back through the ribs, I would TOTALLY get that. But it's like they are purposly going after the shock value of 12 year old's "OMG DID YOU SEE HIM JUST STAB HIM IN THE CHEST OVER AND OVER!" commentary.

One could argue that the protagonist, as a Vietnam War vet and gangster, is desensitized to violence and that the developers are trying to make the player feel desensitized too.

I could understand that if they didn't 1) call the game Mafia 3, or 2) have it set in a real world location unlike the previous 2 games.
Because what it appears is that you have a new game IP that in order to sell more copies they threw on the MAFIA name to get more attention. If anything it it looks more like a DRIVER game, or The Crew (with on foot combat).

And while I never finished Mafia (race car part pre-patch) Mafia II was one of the few games that I fucking loved/hated the ending because the deal was for Vito, not for Joe (and I really wanted to save Joe).
This isn't Mafia, it's more like Scarface New Orleans (cue CSI Theme song of your choice).

Mafia 1 and 2 weren't set in real-world cities but the cities were clearly inspired by New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc. For all intents and purposes, the games were set in real-world locations.

As for the title, if the game revolves around the mafia(s), I don't see how it isn't accurate. "Mafia" isn't exclusively used for the Italian mafia and the Italian mafia is in Mafia 3. It just isn't the mafia that you're aligned with. Also, Vito is in this game and apparently plays a large role, so there's still continuity with the previous games.

I finished and enjoyed the first two games and I'm not offended by this game being considered a sequel.

29. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 01:09 Jerykk

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 00:30:
Even listen to the guy from IGN's reaction. He reviewed Mafia 1 and 2 for IGN, and his reaction is that it's way to over the top.

If it was grabbing the guy from behind (hand over mouth) and a stab in the back through the ribs, I would TOTALLY get that. But it's like they are purposly going after the shock value of 12 year old's "OMG DID YOU SEE HIM JUST STAB HIM IN THE CHEST OVER AND OVER!" commentary.

One could argue that the protagonist, as a Vietnam War vet and gangster, is desensitized to violence and that the developers are trying to make the player feel desensitized too.

21. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 19:00 Jerykk

As much as I love the old 30's/40's/50's mafia setting, I do find the new setting refreshing. AI seemed a bit dumb and the cars flipping over and exploding seemed pretty silly (though the dev claims that they won't always do that in the final game), but the rest seemed pretty solid. I'm interested to see how the territory system works out. It already looks like the open-world will be more meaningful than the one in Mafia 2.

As for the violent takedowns, I really have no problem with that. Organized crime in the 60's was pretty violent.

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
10. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 12:25 Jerykk

Hopefully not another MMO this time.  

14805 Comments. 741 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo