Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14805 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Quest Chapter 5: The Good Knight This Month
1. Re: King's Quest Chapter 5: The Good Knight This Month Oct 14, 2016, 22:15 Jerykk

I've enjoyed this season but its pretty obvious that most of their budget went into the first episode. It's about 6 hours long while the other episodes are about 2 hours. Still, the writing is consistently good and there are actually real puzzles unlike most episodic adventure games these days.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hitman Season Finale Details
5. Re: Hitman Season Finale Details Oct 13, 2016, 00:31 Jerykk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 14:23:
Do they really have success with those disconnected feeling episodes?

Have you ever played a Hitman game before Absolution? Absolution is the only story-driven game in the series and it's also the worst game in the series.

News Comments > Prey Trailer
18. Re: Prey Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 00:29 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 15:00:
why don't people wait until the game is out to judge weather it's worthy of being called Prey or not. Do you honestly think that they just took a well-known IP and turned it into something totally different?

Or is it more probably that they aren't spoiling the surprise? It's an SP game, the plot is a big part of everything it has going for it.

They've already stated that it has nothing to do with the previous game. I don't think that's inherently bad as the new game is perfectly capable of being great on its own merits. But if you're expecting any kind of ties to Human Head's game, you'll be disappointed.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer
10. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Trailer Oct 13, 2016, 00:26 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 00:01:
I wonder if EA moving up the early access of BF1 by a day has anything to do with this coming out tomorrow. I can't help but think this is in the same vein of Blizzard moving up their overwatch beta the the same day that battleborn came out.

Same story here, 2 games almost nothing alike.

I'm pretty sure EA doesn't care at all about this. 99% of the people who play BF have never played or even heard of any Shadow Warrior game. On top of that, SW2 only launches tomorrow on PC, making it even less of a concern.

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
25. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 10, 2016, 03:45 Jerykk

LittleMe wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 22:46:
Quboid wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 22:03:
Thanks for the performance reports, that's a bit encouraging but still sounds like it needs work. Is there really upscaling? Ugh.

Yes, performance seems mediocre. https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/56ln1u/mafia_iii_vs_gta_v/

Source http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/mafia-iii-vga-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html

Those benchmarks are misleading. I have a 970 and I get 60 FPS about 90% of the time. I had to turn down Reflection Quality and Antialiasing to do it but the game actually looks better with low Antialiasing and there's little to no visual difference between Reflection Quality levels.

The biggest technical issue with the game is the streaming, as there's a noticeable hitch when areas are being streamed in. It can get pretty bad when you're driving quickly through downtown areas, though not bad enough to make the game unplayable. Watch Dogs and Arkham Knight had the same issue at launch and it was eventually fixed (or mostly fixed) through patches.

21. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 22:37 Jerykk

LittleMe wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 21:30:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 21:11:
That is objectively false. There's way more to do in the city than in either of the previous games. If anything, people are complaining that you spend most of your time doing said activities instead of story missions.

Like what activities? These two videos note removal of such features previously in the series.

Mafia 3 vs 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0

Mafia 3 vs 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ1YMeY07xI

Much of Mafia 3 is comprised of completing various activities to expand the rackets of each of your underbosses. These are essentially side-missions that take place in the open-world. They range from interrogating people, assassinating people, destroying cargo, stealing cargo, rescuing people, stealing vehicles, etc. In addition, there are junction boxes that you can wiretap to expose POIs on the map and tons of collectibles to find.

There's no shortage of things to do in Mafia 3, especially when compared to the previous games.

Thanks for the performance reports, that's a bit encouraging but still sounds like it needs work. Is there really upscaling? Ugh.

I don't think there is upscaling. It's just that the AA method blurs the entire screen and the chromatic aberration just makes it worse. If you turn AA down to Low (you can't turn it off completely), it's significantly less blurry. Unfortunately, you can't turn off the CA.

18. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 21:11 Jerykk

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 18:22:
Wraith wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 18:12:
jimnms wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:10:
Pathetic. This is all shit that should have been there at release, not in the first patch. I wonder if their Steam review rating will recover.

I just realized I haven't read any reviews of the actual game to see if it's any good.
If 2K thinks people will pay full price for this turkey, they've got rocks in their head.

I'll wait till it's under $30.

I hear the story is good, but the gameplay is a yawner. Folks are also saying the city is just as devoid of activities as 2 was, which is an instant no sale for me.

That is objectively false. There's way more to do in the city than in either of the previous games. If anything, people are complaining that you spend most of your time doing said activities instead of story missions.

How is performance now? Are people actually getting 60+ FPS with decent graphics and draw distance?

You won't get a constant 60+ FPS while driving around because there's a slight hitch whenever areas are streamed in. Turning down the settings will give a nice boost to your average framerate with little to no impact on actual image quality, though.

8. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 17:10 Jerykk

Put about 8 hours into this after the patch came out. Uncapped framerate is definitely better, though it spikes a lot when you're driving around. As for the game itself, writing has been good so far and gameplay has been solid, if uninspired. AI is pretty stupid but that's pretty standard for an open-world game.

So, good writing + solid, if uninspired, gameplay. Yup, sounds like a Mafia game to me.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed
7. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 9, 2016, 01:16 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 22:32:
They've never said, they couldn't make the game for the price they set. Especially when it's a game made and successful based on fan loyalty from 20 years ago. So not even the slightest implication from anyone the game can't be made as advertised. Tools are the most important long term issue, i.e. important.

Official mod support is nice but not nearly as important for most games. Witcher 2 and Dragon Age both had extensive mod tools but their mod communities never really took off, which is why the devs didn't really bother with mod tools after that. Conversely, the GTA games have no official mod tools but they have huge mod communities regardless. Open-world games with the ability to continue playing after the story missions have been completed typically have the biggest mod communities and Wasteland 3 is not that type of game.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed
5. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 8, 2016, 20:41 Jerykk

Creating the tools and documentation required for mod support isn't a trivial undertaking. I'd rather they focus on making the core game the best it can be, then worry about mod support post-launch.  

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
12. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 6, 2016, 23:26 Jerykk

JayDeath wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 21:25:
Some ppl are saying the game is still fun. Maybe I should pick it up for the Bone?

The console versions are capped at 30 and will never be uncapped. There's no reason to choose them over the PC version.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
30. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 23:13 Jerykk

I'm surprised by the amount of hate that WL2 gets around here. The combat was no worse than the first two Fallouts, the writing was solid and the quest design was good. Balance was problematic but then, that's true of almost every RPG in existence.

I'll definitely be backing WL3, even if it probably won't end up looking as good as these screenshots.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased?
4. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased? Sep 27, 2016, 12:17 Jerykk

This doesn't really look like BG&E at all unless it's a prequel.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Launched
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Launched Sep 24, 2016, 23:42 Jerykk

Bub wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 07:32:
I visited their website a few months ago, and it said that you would be able to play Orcs for free. Guess that has gone by the wayside.

Uh, you can play Chaos Space Marines, Space Marines, Eldar and Orks right now. Did you not read the yellow text below the headline?

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 19:14 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 21:26:
"Watch Dogs 2's driving mechanics have been completely overhauled with highly responsive skid-resistance rides that turn and accelerate quickly, and hug the road even at high speeds."

FUCKING GARBAGE.

Been playing the GTA V Redux mod a lot in the last few days, the driving is soooo perfect, cars have weight, and power, and you actually have to control the damn thing, you can't do a 90 degree turn at full speed. I like driving games that give you more power than you need, so you're forced to control it. It's called "satisfying driving mechanics".

This sounds like they're just trying to emulate trackmania, smash the accelerator to the floor 24/7, and you're good!

Ugh, I hope it's not as bad as this guy's making it sound, but it's literally the exact opposite of what many consider to be "good" driving controls.

Most players don't want a realistic driving sim in their open-world action games. Driving isn't the focus of these games. It's simply a means of getting from point A to point B.

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Fixes
18. Re: BioShock Remastered Fixes Sep 18, 2016, 23:02 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 17:35:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 09:43:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 19:07:
Of course still no complete edition of Bioshock Infinite for the PC. <asshats> Biting
Why should there be one? The Infinite Remastered brings only the console versions up to the already existing PC standard.
One of us is confused. There should be a COMPLETE version for the PC. I.e. Bioshock Infinite and all the dlc. Both console systems have a COMPLETE version, but not the PC. So what am I confused about?

If you own Infinite and the season pass, you have the complete edition. There's nothing else to add. The Xbox One and PS4 versions of Infinite are just ports of the PC version.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 16:17 Jerykk

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 14:47:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 14:35:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 12:40:
Wow, once again CS:GO isn't only in the top 10, it's number one.

Must have been that last wave of VAC bans... I have to wonder how profitable it is for Valve, banning CS cheaters and having them rebuy every month or so.

How soon before CS:GO is excluded from the sales list so that Valve can avoid inconvenient questions?

I doubt they care; I could have phrased that better, ie: what percentage of their profits is purely from CS:GO sales? Probably not a whole lot, but not insignificant either. I am curious, but not outraged or ready to protest or something.

Nothing is illegal here(as far as I know), and cheaters should be banned. I am just amazed these same cheaters go back and buy the game again, and/or make new accounts and buy the game again, etc. Surely people are sick of CS by now? Or is the weapon skin trade that lucrative?

Item trading is pretty lucrative. There are items selling for hundreds of dollars. CS:GO crate keys are also a standard currency for game trading.

News Comments > 4A Games Sci-Fi Tease?
4. Re: 4A Games Sci-Fi Tease? Sep 17, 2016, 04:59 Jerykk

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 01:45:
If VR had a FPS then Metro would be an amazing thing. I tremble at the thought of the system requirements though.

VR doesn't work well with any game that requires navigation. So if it is a VR shooter, it's probably going to be a shooting gallery/rail shooter rather than a proper FPS.

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
18. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 15, 2016, 04:55 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 17:21:
any word on the framerate cap?

If I remember correctly, Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse edition on steam was locked at 30 FPS.

Which is frankly unacceptable.

30 FPS was the default limit but was very easily disabled. The game itself wasn't very well optimized (on any platform) but with good hardware, you'd get 60 FPS about 90% of the time.

In any case, no, Dead Rising PC does not have any framerate cap.

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun in December
2. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun in December Sep 14, 2016, 22:38 Jerykk

Looking forward to this. Didn't think anyone would ever make another Commandos-like.  

14805 Comments. 741 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo