Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14770 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed Apr 23, 2016, 06:13 Jerykk

NetHead wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 10:11:
Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:36:
Hehehe.

I don't mind, to be honest, because now I don't have to choose between Uncharted 4 and this.

I've played Mirrors Edge but I haven't played a single Uncharted game, though I have seen playthroughs of each.

Having said that it's no contest, Uncharted is in a different league to Mirrors Edge even if EA doesn't mess it up with their usual crap.

They aren't even in the same genre. Uncharted is a shooter with platforming elements. Mirror's Edge is a pure platformer with occasional melee combat. ME:C doesn't even let you use guns. From a platforming perspective, ME is leagues better than Uncharted.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
7. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed Apr 23, 2016, 06:11 Jerykk

They really need to fix the load times. They are ridiculous, even on a SSD. For a game that encourages retries (because of the time trials), the load times are unacceptably long. Hopefully they're using the extra time to improve them but I doubt it.  

News Comments > DOOM PC Support Details
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 23, 2016, 06:08 Jerykk

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 05:15:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 22:41:
I didn't care for the beta, but Halo's slow movement speed, regenerating health, relative player vulnerability, and atypical weapons were no where to be seen. I honestly don't see where the Halo comparison is coming from, unless its just a generic way of saying "I didn't like it."

Nailed it.

Halo was a FPS console hit...DOOM needs to be hated...we hate consoles ??? DOOM = Halo

Compared to Quake's speed, DOOM feels like Halo. Doom also has a two-weapon limit, which I believe Halo introduced and made standard. Any multiplayer game by id will be judged by Quake standards and DOOM doesn't measure up.

News Comments > The Banner Saga 2 Released
7. Re: The Banner Saga 2 Released Apr 22, 2016, 03:22 Jerykk

Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2016, 08:56:
I'm holding out on this until I hear some reviews of the combat system. First game was good but the combat system was very shallow and tedious.

Really? I didn't think it was shallow at all. What specifically did you dislike about it?

News Comments > HITMAN Episode Two Trailer
19. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 22, 2016, 03:18 Jerykk

Nuhauser wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 02:05:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 13:37:
Code: APR20
Brings the full game price down to $48 at GMG if any of you thinking of grabbing it.
Or $39.99 from DLgamer
Although I've never used that site before.

That site looks a little too good to be true. Any notions on where I could check to see if it's legit?

It's listed on Isthereanydeal.com so I'm pretty sure it's fine. That said, all the controversy over "grey market" sites is overblown. I've purchased numerous games from sites like cdkeys, g2a and kinguin and I've never had issues. Keys were delivered on time, activated fine and were never revoked. G2A and Kinguin have marketplaces where third-party sellers can sell stuff and that's where the rare cases of revoked keys have occurred but if you buy directly from G2A or Kinguin, you won't have any problems.

News Comments > The Technomancer in June
5. Re: The Technomancer in June Apr 22, 2016, 00:31 Jerykk

The dev has had a lot of interesting ideas in their previous games, though they've faltered from a mechanical standpoint. Technomancer still looks pretty clunky, though it is a big step up from Mars: War Logs. I'll probably pick it up on sale.  

17. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 23:36 Jerykk

I will note that if you only care about progressing and don't care about scoring or optional content, you should probably wait for all the episodes to be released before diving in. The replayability of the game depends entirely on your interest in completing challenges and contracts and figuring out all the different ways to kill targets. There are also a lot of cool side-stories and characters that you can only discover through repeated playthroughs.

But if you're the kind of player who beats a Hitman level once and never plays it again, you should probably wait.

News Comments > RUINER Announced
6. Re: RUINER Announced Apr 21, 2016, 12:21 Jerykk

NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:28:
This could be interesting if it has some character development/creation/progress, maybe even some basic weapon crafting. Perhaps along the lines of a cyberpunk ARPG.

Though if it's just about running around shooting with whatever weapon you buy/pickup I'm not sure how long I'd stay with it and it wouldn't be high on my list.

I don't really feel that every genre needs to have RPG elements. Hotline Miami had none and it was great.

10. Re: HITMAN Episode Two Trailer Apr 21, 2016, 12:18 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:45:
NetHead wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 10:35:
nin wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 09:34:
This worth a buy yet? Still on the fence...

I've been paying no mind to this Episode stuff, other than looking at comments now and then.

Until it's "complete" I don't intend on even trying it.

The last thing I want is for yet more games to go episodic.

This. Making this game episodic felt like a desperate decision having to do with deadlines. I lost interest in HITMAN (caps ftw!) the moment the news came out.

I'll probably get a little bit excited when it's complete -- sending the proper message when I buy it, in the process.

Going episodic actually works pretty well for Hitman. The Paris level was huge and had tons of replayability. Being episodic encourages you to replay levels instead of just moving on to the next and there's more than enough content in Paris to last you 20+ hours.

As a big Hitman fan, I too was skeptical about the new format but it works.

News Comments > The Solus Project Episode Three
3. Re: The Solus Project Episode Three Apr 14, 2016, 23:21 Jerykk

First and only post from a user heaping unabashed praise upon a relatively obscure game? Suspicious.  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
12. Re: DOOM Trailer Apr 14, 2016, 23:18 Jerykk

Feels more like Halo than Doom or Quake.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Tease
22. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 15:57 Jerykk

Infinite was more linear and scripted than the first two games but it also had the best combat and traversal. It was also far less formulaic. I found the setting and story more compelling as well.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Status Report
15. Re: Tribes Ascend Status Report Apr 11, 2016, 03:59 Jerykk

Blahman wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 20:47:
Hump wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 06:00:
Blahman wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:28:
I have thousands of hours in this game but haven't spent much time with the revitalization. Too many other games to play. Kudos to Hi-Rez for their course correction. It's too bad they didn't do this 2 or 3 years ago when it still had tens of thousands of players though.

Ive been a player since the beta. I dont recall ever seeing that many players. Hundreds yes, tens of thousands? nah.

Not concurrently, although around 2011-2012 it did have 2-3000 concurrent: http://steamcharts.com/app/17080#All

And that was just on Steam. If you looked at total player counts, the community was pretty healthy. Unfortunately, HR's crappy monetization scheme hurt the game quite a bit and they were more concerned about developing Smite than fixing T:A.

News Comments > BAFTA British Academy Games Awards
3. Re: BAFTA British Academy Games Awards Apr 7, 2016, 23:05 Jerykk

I can only assume that Witcher 3 was not included because CDPR isn't a member of BAFTA?  

News Comments > DOOM Beta Keys
11. Re: DOOM Beta Keys Mar 30, 2016, 00:40 Jerykk

Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 22:16:
Got my key today, as I'd purchased Wolfenstein (though not a preorder.)

Purchased for a 360, key is for an Xbone. I do not own an Xbone. Oh, well. Though, given that I could get one for $200 by turning in my 360 or PS3, I'm tempted.

Buying an Xbone at this point seems like a waste of money. Most of the exclusives are coming to PC (though you unfortunately need to use Windows 10 and the Windows Store to get them).

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
11. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 16, 2016, 04:54 Jerykk

Wesp5 wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 03:57:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 23:28:
The premise is definitely unique, as you are no longer playing as the savior of the universe.

Since when is this unique? I bet you will turn on your master sooner or later and then it's just another dystopian future game only this time in a fantasy setting. Honestly, I've had enough of these since HL2! Give us a WoD RPG already where the world is alive, err dead, and kicking...

I'm guessing they'll give you a chance to turn against your master but I don't think they'll force it. We'll see how they handle it.

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
2. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 15, 2016, 23:28 Jerykk

I'm intrigued. The premise is definitely unique, as you are no longer playing as the savior of the universe. Surprised they didn't launch a Kickstarter for this. They could have easily gotten $3+ million.  

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
10. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 04:31 Jerykk

Zombie looks kind of dumb but they can probably make it scarier by release. It's interesting how true they're staying to the aesthetic of the original.  

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm Announced
3. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm Announced Mar 15, 2016, 04:28 Jerykk

Is this a remake of Abe's Exoddus?  

News Comments > Thief Film Plans Revived
15. Re: Thief Film Plans Revived Mar 8, 2016, 01:27 Jerykk

MT Silver wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 20:31:
"The game is set in a dark fantasy world ruled by a tyrant who exploits dark magic as a means of establishing control."
Um wut? Who? The Sheriff in the second game? Constantine in the first? No one in any of the games fit that description.
Did they play the game before writing this screenplay? First sentence and they already screwed it up.

It's loosely based on the latest game, not the originals. Not that it really matters. Videogame movies typically have nothing to do with their respective games.

14770 Comments. 739 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo