Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14724 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Video
4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Video Jul 23, 2016, 23:42 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Jul 23, 2016, 20:05:
As much as I want this to be great, it's hard to put faith in ubi. It's almost guaranteed to force us to use their launcher at the very least.

Uplay integration has already been confirmed, sadly. That said, it might still be a good game. The combat looks like a step up from the previous game and the writing still seems hilarious.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman The Telltale Series Next Month; Retail in September
7. Re: Batman The Telltale Series Next Month; Retail in September Jul 15, 2016, 23:16 Jerykk

Bundy wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 21:41:
Ecthelion wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 21:34:
Bundy wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 14:05:
I liked the first season of Walking Dead and hated the second. I was pretty disappointed in Wolf Among Us and thought Game of Thrones was, by far, their worst entry. Didn't bother with the Borderlands one. The quality trend is going the wrong way.
I agree about Walking Dead Season 2, the beginning and ending felt forced to me, like bad writing to create an artificial situation. Tales of the Borderlands was a lot of fun for me, it was really funny and didn't kill off people just because it could.

Why didn't you like Wolf Among Us? I really enjoyed that one, and it got me into the Fables comics to boot.

I enjoyed the story. It definitely lured me in. But I didn't like the way they kept presenting us with fake "choices". And forcing the desired outcome regardless. I remember that I finally got tired of the Tweedles fucking with me so I opted to kill them both. There must have been a half dozen characters all telling me to not do it. Telltale REAAAALLY didn't want me to even try. By the end I was just fed up. I'd rather it be a tv series on HBO, than a game. It was the same with game of thrones when they kept trying to get you to submit to the Whitehills. In the end I kept refusing to spite Telltale.

I think you probably need to change your expectations. None of these games (or these kinds of games) is going to let you tell your own story. You're simply changing the details of the story being told, not the major plot points. This is true of any game that lets players affect the narrative.

News Comments > More Blood Revival Teasing
12. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 16:26 Jerykk

yuastnav wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 14:02:
Man, that would be awesome.

Although the reason why games like Blood and Quake 3 were so great is because of the respective engine. The movement etc. was just fantastic. Similar thing with Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. The Quake 3 engine is so versatile that you could do stuff like that and why Quake 3 was such an amazing game.

Most games we have today just seem so slow in comparison. The only fast game we have is Warsow but barely anyone plays it.

Movement speed has nothing to do with the engine. It's a conscious design choice. The reason why most modern shooters are slow is because they're designed for gamepads which don't work so well for fast-paced twitch shooters.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
30. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 8, 2016, 02:08 Jerykk

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 15:51:
so if I'm about to start playing, and I will eventually be buying the 2 expansions, should I buy them now before starting or complete the game and then buy the expacs one by one to complete?

The expansions are designed to be played in order of release. So main game -> Hearts of Stone -> Blood & Wine. You could try to play them out of order but it would be tough since the expansion quests are designed for high-level players.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
23. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 23:51 Jerykk

Not sure why people have such problems with the combat. Are they playing it in the most boring way possible (Quen + light attack spam) on Normal (i.e. easy) difficulty? I guess you get what you put into it. I played on Death March and made full use of my signs (except for Quen), potions, oils and bombs and found the combat both interesting and appropriately challenging. I put most of my points into the alchemy tree and the rest into the signs tree. Zero points in the combat tree because all of those skills looked pretty boring.

Quen is pretty unfortunate. Although it isn't nearly as OP as it was in Witcher 2, it's still pretty OP (especially when you get the secondary mode that actually heals you when you get hit). It really makes the combat far less interesting but people rely on it because it makes the game a lot easier.

News Comments > ELEX Details; Trailer
9. Re: ELEX Details; Trailer Jul 6, 2016, 23:29 Jerykk

Seems like every PB game has a raptor-like monster in it. I loved Gothic 1 & 2 and enjoyed the Risen games well enough so I'll give this a look, but I'm not finding the setting very interesting thus far.  

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
20. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 6, 2016, 12:25 Jerykk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 04:13:
Tachikoma wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 03:06:

Xmas 2017, maybe.

Let's just hope they learned not to fuck around with the dialog system like they did with FO4.

It will actually be interesting to see how they handle dialogue in the next ES game. If they're still going to let you play as different races and they have a fully-voiced PC, that means they're going to need different VO for each race (since a Khajitt can't sound like an Argonian and a Dark Elf can't sound like High Elf and a Breton can't sound like an Orc). Granted, ES has never really been about dialogue but even then, that's going to be a lot of VO for each line.

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
7. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 5, 2016, 23:32 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 23:07:
So where the frack is all the extra content that was promised for the season pass content? The content that was supposed to be above and beyond?

I believe that's what Nuka World is. They believe Far Harbor is worth $25 alone, so the original season pass price of $30 would be far too low for all of the DLC that you now receive.

Unfortunately, DLC is typically overpriced and the FO4 DLC is no exception. Far Harbor is worth maybe $15 max and I suspect Nuka World will be worth $10. Automatron is worth maybe $3 and the workshop DLCs are worth about $1 each. So yeah, if you paid $50 for the season pass, you should be pretty pissed. But if you paid around $20, it's a pretty good deal. Still, a disappointing showing overall after the great FO:NV DLC.

Task wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 23:35:
Aaaaand it's Gone.

Fallout 4 went out with a whimper, lulz. I think its time to bring old Yeller (aka, the Fallout Franchise) out back and put it out of its misery.

FO4 has sold around 3.5 million copies on PC alone so I don't think the franchise is going to be put out of its misery anytime soon.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2016, 23:40.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 4, 2016, 15:46 Jerykk

The Legendary Edition was always just a bundle of the main game + DLC.  

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
58. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 29, 2016, 03:00 Jerykk

Unless I'm living under a rock, I'm pretty sure Steam already has region-locked games. Russian keys are always region-locked and South American keys are usually region-locked too. Are there other regions where games are cheap but not region-locked?  

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
19. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 29, 2016, 02:47 Jerykk

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:30:
I just don`t trust these people and their "reboot". This is not just "some" game but a masterpiece on the level of Pirates!, Quake and XCom.

Also it will be interesting to see if GOG will pull their recently-standard dick move upon release and force this remake-reboot as the only System Shock available to buy. Just like they did with Baldur`s Gate (and others?)

The X-COM reboot turned out pretty well so I don't think reboots are inherently evil. Also, the removal of the original BG from GOG, Steam and every other digital platform was a decision made by Beamdog/Interplay/whoever owns the rights to those games. Same applies to any game that gets removed (assuming it doesn't violate any TOS). Publishers and developers make those decisions, not the platform owners.

I really don't understand this fear of reboots. These were old games/series that were essentially dead. It's not like a SS reboot will alter the future of the series when the series had no future to begin with. Meadowbrook Insurance Group (the company that owned the IP until Night Dive bought it) was never going to make a System Shock 3, let alone a SS3 that picked up where SS2 left off.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2016, 02:55.

News Comments > DOOM Patch Thursday
3. Re: DOOM Patch Thursday Jun 29, 2016, 02:12 Jerykk

ItBurn wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 19:02:
My dream patch would be a difficulty setting that rebalances the whole game.
- Remove stunned state for enemies. Glory kills can be done only if monster would die from the melee damage. Rebalance monster health so that it's based on shotgun damage increments.
- Killing enemies very rarely/never gives health, rebalance the amount of health for in-level health packs to compensate.
- Chainsaw no longer drops ammo and enemies very rarely/never do.
- Rebalance of enemy health and damage to compensate for these changes.
- Change the waves of enemies so that we get more enemies, more variety and more of the tougher enemies as the story progresses.

I think that these wouldn't be too hard to implement as a patch. If I could change another thing though, it would be to simplify the upgrade system so that you're not stressed to find all the secrets in order to be strong enough to continue. Finding the secrets takes a long time and it would be cool if we could skip them like in the old Doom.

That would warrant another replay. Right now, playing nightmare isn't really appealing because the difficulty change doesn't really change anything other than damage values. As far as I can tell anyway.

So... you're complaining about the game's lack of difficulty without having even played on Nightmare? Really? On Nightmare, enemies do a shit ton of damage. As in, a basic zombie can kill you in 2-3 hits. When enemies do that much damage (and have much more health), it drastically changes how you approach combat. Tactics that worked on the easier difficulties? Probably not going to work anymore. Also, you complain about lack of difficulty but also complain about searching for optional upgrades in order to make the game easier? Isn't that contradictory?

The correct approach when playing any game is to play on the highest difficulty right off the bat. Don't waste time with lower difficulties because if you're playing a mainstream AAA game, anything other than the highest difficulty will be cakewalk. Even on Nightmare, Doom gets pretty easy in the late game after you've upgraded everything but the first two-thirds is a good challenge.

News Comments > System Shock Kickstarter and Demo
15. Re: System Shock Kickstarter and Demo Jun 28, 2016, 22:47 Jerykk

I did not feel a sense of worry, mainly I feel, because I felt too in control of my character. I'm nimble and fast now. The controls of the original SS were a great part of the challenge; now everything is too easy to do and everything controls too well. I feel like maybe they need to cripple the character or something to make one worry more so about their survival and dire situation.

Sluggish controls are never the answer. The real solution is to make faster, stronger and smarter enemies. Also, make health mean something, with limited healing options. The demo was clearly designed to be easy, as the enemies barely do any damage.

As for the Kickstarter, $30 is a bit high for my tastes. $15 would be the sweet spot and would be in the comfort range for the majority of potential backers. I feel like they're overestimating the size of the System Shock fanbase.

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
19. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 12:30 Jerykk

descender wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 11:31:
You idiots calling for an end to regional pricing don't seem to understand that the "fix" is locking you out of buying or using keys from other regions... it isn't "lower prices". Dumb dumb dumb.

It makes no sense on the internet, where one IP address is much like another.

It actually makes perfect sense. Do you think running datacenters for content delivery in those countries costs the same amount that it does to run one in the US? When given the option of barely selling any games for full price in a region that cannot afford it vs selling some games for a slightly lower price... literally no one would choose option A.

Valve is literally allowing you greedy fucks to take advantage of regional pricing when you shouldn't be able to... and you are bashing them for it. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Except most games are region-locked now so that's not actually true.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
3. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 25, 2016, 16:42 Jerykk

The level design in the demo isn't very reassuring. It's exactly what I'd expect from procedurally generated levels: no real focus or direction, random objectives, etc. The combat still looks like a lot of fun but the level design feels like a definite step back from the previous game.  

News Comments > System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot
17. Re: System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot Jun 25, 2016, 03:31 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 23:33:
Couldn't they offer both? Seems like they are pretty far along with the remaster. Finish that then reboot. If you're worried about cannibalization just package them together.

I think they're saying that they've already made enough changes to the game that it's basically a reboot at this point. System Shock has already been "remastered" in the form of the Enhanced edition that was already released by NightDive. If you really want to replay the old game, you can play that.

That said, I think many people are putting too much weight on the word "reboot." They aren't completely changing SS1. They've just made enough changes that "remaster" isn't really accurate anymore. I think "remake" is probably a more accurate term of what they're doing here.

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Jun 24, 2016, 23:38 Jerykk

FO4 season pass is definitely not worth $50. I picked it up for $20, which is more reasonable but it's still pretty disappointing compared to the DLC for FONV. I would have been perfectly okay with them scrapping the Automatron and Workshop/Vault DLCs in return for a substantial DLC like Far Harbor or Nuka World.  

News Comments > System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot
13. Re: System Shock Remaster Becomes a Reboot Jun 24, 2016, 22:49 Jerykk

Bumpy wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 22:37:
Looking forward to the Glory Kills and highlighted assets everywhere.

Odds are 100 to 1 the game will be consolized messed up.

Considering that NightDive has never released a game on consoles and that the System Shock remake will have PC as the lead SKU, I doubt that very much.

Reboot? No. Just no. Who are you guys, and what gives you the right to think you can reboot one of the greatest games of all time?

Technically, they are the guys who literally own the rights to remake the original System Shock. I'm not really sure what the problem is. The original game isn't going to disappear and Warren Spector is working with a completely separate team on System Shock 3. This remake isn't going to define the direction of the series.

News Comments > Mafia III Preorder Bonus
3. Re: Mafia III Preorder Bonus Jun 22, 2016, 23:18 Jerykk

Not a fan of pre-order exclusives but I'm looking forward to the actual game. Seems more ambitious than either of the previous games and I think taking a break from the Italian mafia offers a nice change of pace.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
38. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 20, 2016, 15:34 Jerykk

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 13:04:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 20:54:
Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 17:59:
I realize the mod theft thing isn't easy to guard against, but this is just some plain jane bullshit method. Essentially what they are saying is "Only people with a Steam account can steal mods."

Well, seeing as how there's only 100 million or so Steam accounts, I'm sure this will make a huge dent in the theft...

You have to own a copy of Fallout 4 on said Steam account as well. I imagine that rebuying FO4 every time your account is blacklisted would get pretty pricey and be enough to dissuade most mod thieves.

It never seems to dissuade people from cheating in online shooters, but in any case, would Steam ban you for stealing a mod that's not really even related to Steam? I somehow doubt it.

CS:GO is a lot cheaper than FO4 and you can actually make money in CS:GO by selling the random drops you get. Also, Valve wouldn't need to do anything. Bethesda could just blacklist your account on Bethesda.net.

14724 Comments. 737 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo