Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14962 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
13. Re: This game is racist towards germans Nov 24, 2017, 02:31 Jerykk

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 08:08:
I'll give the demo a try but I am not sure I'll get the game.
A video on my youtube feed came up as a complete play through 6.5hrs
I skipped to the end and indeed the guy finished the game. It seems rather short. I thought the previous games were much longer

As with all games, your playtime comes down to several factors:
1) The difficulty setting you choose.
2) Your playstyle.
3) The amount of optional content you complete.

If you play on the highest difficulty and go for 100% completion, you'll easily get at least 20 hours out of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
10. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 05:20 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 03:20:
Portal Combo package for a whopping $2.99 .

Is there anyone in existence that doesn't already own both Portal games?

On a side note, Shadow Tactics is awesome and everyone should buy it.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
4. Re: Steam Award Nominees Nov 22, 2017, 23:40 Jerykk

No ironic voting, please.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo Nov 22, 2017, 23:40 Jerykk

Bethesda's games seem to go on sale real quick. Wolfenstein II and Evil Within 2 both came out about a month ago and they're already 50% off. Even more surprising is that the Wolfenstein season pass is 50% off on a bunch of sites too.  

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
5. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 19, 2017, 18:57 Jerykk

These awards are based on community votes, so don't expect anything niche to win.

I mean, you got two huge, incredible single-player games winning for the other consoles and a multiplayer phenomenon on PC, all exclusives... then Xbox's GOTY is an indie 2D action/platformer, which by the way wasn't deemed good enough for overall best indie game.

There was no award for best overall indie game... only best indie game that was part of the Square Enix Collective program, which is extremely limiting.

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
8. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 12:24 Jerykk

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 10:57:
I was thinking they probably regretted doing AP.

Not at all. They've gone on record saying that they'd love to make a sequel.

News Comments > New HITMAN Plans
6. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 9, 2017, 04:47 Jerykk

Dacron wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 01:34:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 22:49:
The bonus missions were just that: bonus missions. They weren't originally part of the season pass and were basically given away for free.

THESE bonus missions aren't like the OTHER bonus missions. They're super special!!!

Why?

Because IO was still owned (and funded) by Square when those bonus missions were made and now they're not? IO's financial situation is completely different now that they're independent. They can't afford to continue creating substantial free content when they've already delivered everything they originally promised with the first season. Hell, they've delivered more than they promised.

I know it's a crazy notion but game development costs money. Content doesn't magically create itself. But hey, continue fighting the good fight on the internet. You'll show those damn greedy developers who actually want to get paid for doing their job!

3. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 8, 2017, 22:49 Jerykk

The bonus missions were just that: bonus missions. They weren't originally part of the season pass and were basically given away for free.  

News Comments > Hellbound Announced
2. Re: Hellbound Announced Nov 8, 2017, 22:43 Jerykk

In this case, "show, don't tell" definitely applies. Gameplay would have been far more effective than some generic protagonist talking.  

1. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 8, 2017, 12:24 Jerykk

$20 for the GOTY upgrade is a bit much for what you get, but I consider it a donation towards Season 2's development.  

News Comments > EA Financials
12. Re: EA Financials Nov 2, 2017, 04:24 Jerykk

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 23:56:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 22:23:
BF1 sold 23 million copies? Or am I just misinterpreting that statement?

Sounds about right, including PC, PS4 and XB1 sales. Battlefield games are generally solid performers on any platforms they are released on.

23 million is more than just solid. I have a feeling they're including people who just played the beta/demo or played the game on Origin Access.

News Comments > Descent Underground Next Year
24. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 04:13 Jerykk

There were a lot of red flags about the Kickstarter. For one, nobody on the team had actually worked on any of the original Descent games. There's also the fact that almost none of the devs have worked on a game that's shipped within the past 10 years. Then there was the paltry $600k goal with an 8-person team. That would cover maybe a year's worth of development if they worked out of someone's house, skipped all benefits and accepted a low salary.

I don't have much faith in Overload either. They made $300k on KS (before taxes and KS's cut) and have about 6000 owners on Steam. If you subtract the KS backers, that means they've only sold about 1000 units on Steam since they started Early Access in March. 1000 units in 8 months is pretty terrible.

Sadly, there simply isn't much interest in the 6DoF genre. By comparison, Carmageddon: Reincarnation and Road Redemption (two other KS games based on old niche genres) have over 100k owners on Steam.

News Comments > Descent Underground Next Year
16. Re: Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 00:08 Jerykk

Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:19:
And Slick "IMO" is not a valid excuse. But since you fail to understand what I'm talking about. Do this: the next time you log into a publisher's heavily modded community forum, start promoting another competing title. See how fast your post gets locked/deleted/relocated.

But this isn't a publisher forum. This is a gaming news forum. I see nothing wrong with talking about Overload, since that game would also be of interest to people interested in D:U. If Overload compares favorably to D:U, that's not our fault.

News Comments > EA Financials
5. Re: EA Financials Oct 31, 2017, 22:23 Jerykk

BF1 sold 23 million copies? Or am I just misinterpreting that statement?  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled
13. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 23:03 Jerykk

Good to see older games receiving updates for modern compatibility. Wish more devs/publishers would do that.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2017, 22:48 Jerykk

Overon wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 22:37:
Which cards are keppler cards? I don't like how they expect you to know what codename your graphics chipset is. Just fucking say the god damn model names that this hotfix is intended for. Why is that so fucking hard?

Kepler is the 700 series.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2017, 20:59 Jerykk

Just beat EW2 and enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely a more consistent experience than the first game, where the first half was good and the second half wasn't. I do think the first game had a more interesting story and characters but that may have been due to the mystery of it all. In the sequel, you basically already know what's happening from the very start.

But yeah, I'd be shocked if EW3 ever happens. EW2 has flopped commercially and hasn't received much critical acclaim either.

News Comments > The Amazing Eternals on Hold
3. Re: The Amazing Eternals on Hold Oct 26, 2017, 23:16 Jerykk

RNG and shooters don't really mix. Shooters need to be 100% skill-based. If I lose because my opponent has a better deck, I see no reason to play.  

News Comments > HITMAN - GOTY Edition Next Month
5. Re: HITMAN - GOTY Edition Next Month Oct 25, 2017, 23:27 Jerykk

Giant Bomb gave it GOTY. It was my personal GOTY too. $20 is a bit much for a bunch of remixed levels but I really want to see Season 2 and as indie developers, they need all the support they can get.  

News Comments > Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free
13. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 23:25 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 09:09:
Personally, I say it's still complete bullshit, as long as they are still running their single player, 'microtransaction dlc scam' and obviously the denuvo. Middlefinger

It's like people turn their brains off when they hear the word "microtransaction." The microtransactions in DX:MD are only for the optional (and completely worthless) Breach mode, not for the actual single-player campaign. You will miss nothing if you buy the game for $15 and don't spend anything after that (except for the DLC, which is actually pretty solid).

14962 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo