Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14820 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
35. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 23:47 Jerykk

Looking forward to this. Not expecting it to beat PST but I'm pretty sure it'll still be a good CRPG with good writing.

Now to decide if I should play it at launch or wait for the inevitable Director's Cut in a year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 10, 2017, 23:22 Jerykk

NetHead wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 17:21:
It's a bit strange to see something so successful ending, like an untapped goldmine. Though rather end on a strong note as opposed to being milked into a diluted mess as there's always the chance of them picking it back up at some point in the future.

I'm pretty sure they aren't abandoning the franchise forever. Just taking a break. They've been making Witcher games for almost 15 years. Once Cyberpunk ships, they'll likely consider diving back into fantasy.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer
19. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 23:11 Jerykk

I'd like to see a good single-player Conan RPG.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content Jan 6, 2017, 23:06 Jerykk

I picked up the season pass for $7 so I don't feel too bad. The first story DLC released was pretty solid and the next one likely will be as well. However, the consumable items are pretty worthless and should have never been DLC.

As for the Illumaniti, they played a pivotal in the original DX so I'm guessing Eidos Montreal felt obligated to put them in the new games.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 6, 2017, 22:58 Jerykk

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 22:10:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 21:46:
Is this the patch that adds a proper ending?

Still don't get this complaint. Yeah, by game's end, Voldemort is still out there and Han is still in the clutches of Jabba the Hutt, but the events which kick off the game and motivate its action have been resolved, and the side stories are nicely concluded with a Fallout 1/2 style epilogue.

I think starting and ending the game with Illuminati cutscenes but not really resolving anything with the Illuminati in the actual game is what annoyed people.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 03:53 Jerykk

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:50:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:42:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
I was hoping for more of a return to the first game with the emphasis on exploration and RPG and less on all the constant Michael Bay gunplay and combat every 15 seconds. And I was hoping for all new races and stories, but this just looks like the same ol' shite.

Love the reactionary posts. Where to begin...

1) Andromeda is bringing back the planetary exploration from the first game, only with actual stuff to do on said planets rather than drive around an empty landscape in a vehicle that handles like crap.

2) Mass Effect has always been shooter first, RPG second. This was true of the first game, only it had pretty crappy combat and lackluster level design. The skill tree was more complex, sure, but there was a lot of filler and leveling wasn't exactly interesting.

3) There are new races and stories.

Love your reactionary reply. Where to begin..

1) Its pretty funny

2) Posts have always been reactionary, take a fucking look around.

3) It has a list, with numbers and shit.

Actually, there are a good number of people here who put thought into their posts rather than resorting to snarky comments without substance and without addressing any actual points made by anyone.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 03:25:
The problem is when companies go for the "rah-rah, look at us! We're awesommely diverse, look at all these diverse characters! Look at this, you can be a quadragendered-octopus-train engine!" Instead of investing in story, and making it a meaningful story.

I don't know if including a gay character really has that much of a detrimental impact on the overall story. People tend to overreact to even the most minor annoyances. For example, ME3 had a crappy ending but the ending constituted maybe 1% of a 40+ hour game. That didn't stop people from proclaiming that ME3 was complete garbage and that the entire series was ruined as a result.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 00:42 Jerykk

NamecaF wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 00:33:
I was hoping for more of a return to the first game with the emphasis on exploration and RPG and less on all the constant Michael Bay gunplay and combat every 15 seconds. And I was hoping for all new races and stories, but this just looks like the same ol' shite.

Love the reactionary posts. Where to begin...

1) Andromeda is bringing back the planetary exploration from the first game, only with actual stuff to do on said planets rather than drive around an empty landscape in a vehicle that handles like crap.

2) Mass Effect has always been shooter first, RPG second. This was true of the first game, only it had pretty crappy combat and lackluster level design. The skill tree was more complex, sure, but there was a lot of filler and leveling wasn't exactly interesting.

3) There are new races and stories.

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
27. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 23:14 Jerykk

SlimRam wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 20:29:
Slashman wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 20:22:
I picked up Mad Max for $6.79

For that price it's awesome. If you 100% the game it should take you many many hours and it's fun.

I actually recommend not going for 100% completion in Mad Max. The game is extremely formulaic and if you go for 100%, you'll probably get burned out before completing the story missions. It's better to focus on the story missions and dabble in the optional stuff along the way.

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
28. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 1, 2017, 05:48 Jerykk

yonder wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 22:59:
I fully understand that people do, but I don't, and millions hate it as much as I do. CS is a very divisive game for one that's as popular as it is.

"Millions" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I imagine many people haven't played CS (primarily console gamers) and simply don't care about it. Or they tried it once and weren't really hooked. That's not quite the same as hate. The general gaming populace isn't really that passionate about games.

24. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 1, 2017, 00:44 Jerykk

Blackhawk wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 20:06:
It is interesting that, out of all of the votes, not one game older than six years ended up winning a nomination, unless they happened to be made by Valve.

In other words, every candidate that won the 'vote' was something Valve could still make money off of by extra exposure.

Do you honestly believe that these nominees were rigged by Valve? It may be hard to believe but people really like Valve's games. CS:GO generally has the highest or second highest (behind DotA2) concurrent player count on Steam. Portal 2 heavily features GLaDOS, who is easily the most popular and recognizable antagonist of any game made within the past 20 years. Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the most popular co-op games of all time (it has sold over 15 million copies on PC alone) and is far more recognizable than any of the other nominees.

Valve releases games that are very popular and more importantly, very well-known. It's no surprise that they'd gain the majority of votes in multiple categories.

15. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 16:35 Jerykk

You guys do realize that this is a popularity contest and that CS:GO is one of the (and often the most) popular games on Steam? You may dislike CS:GO but statistically, you'd be in the minority. Notice that GTA V won two awards as well. Popularity contest.  

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
34. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 17:47 Jerykk

descender wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 16:43:
I feel no sympathy for backers whatsoever, especially those who have funded SC outside of the Kickstarter campaign. Developers don't go to crowdfunding because it's such a great funding option, they go there because they've already been rejected by major publishers because their development plan probably sucks.

That's a fairly naive view. There are many reasons to go with crowdfunding instead of the traditional publisher route. For one, if you go with a publisher, your chances of actually owning the IP or making any royalties from it are extremely low. Every developer wants to own their IP, not only for creative reasons but for control over distribution, marketing and long-term profitability.

Secondly, major publishers have largely abandoned the work-for-hire development model. Almost every game from EA, Ubisoft, Activision, 2K, Bethesda, etc, is developed by internal studios. None of the aforementioned publishers would fund Star Citizen (or any other space sim) because they don't own RSI and space sims have not proven to be profitable in the current marketplace. Smaller publishers (like Paradox or Devolver) would be unable or unwilling to cover the huge development budget.

For Chris Roberts to make the game he wants to make and to own the IP, publisher funding was never really an option. Now, will he be able to make the game he wants with the crowdfunding he's acquired thus far? Maybe, maybe not. But at least there's a chance, as opposed to the zero chance of acquiring publisher funding.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour
7. Re: Resident Evil 7 / Biohazard 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour Dec 20, 2016, 02:03 Jerykk

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 15:31:
I really want to know what's in the season pass. It can't be typical RE bullshit like costumes since it's first person and I can't see it being alternate modes since you get a new mode right out of the gate if you pre-order.

Maybe there's a spooky shed?

I'm even more curious to see how this game ties in with the previous entries since it's not a reboot and they're not throwing away the pre-established story. Of all the shit that's been going down since the first title, here we find ourselves in some backassward hick's house who are huge fans of the Sawyer family.

Just played it and I really liked it! Cranked it up to max and it ran flawless.

Makes me even MORE curious and interested in how this'll tie in to the series. Even better is that it feels as though it connects better with the first title of the first trilogy than anything from the second trilogy. I'd shit my pants in excitement and dread if this somehow came back to Lisa Trevor.

Pretty sure a random redneck family was infected with the T/G/B/insert-letter-here Virus and gained superhuman strength and regenerative abilities at the expense of their sanity.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2016, 04:01 Jerykk

Acleacius wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 22:25:
Damn, looks like they killed Deus Ex, for good this time.

I wouldn't go that far. Almost every AAA sequel failed to meet sales expectations this year. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Watch_Dogs 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Titanfall 2, CoD:IW, Dishonored 2, etc. I'd be surprised if they didn't pump out at least one more DX game.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
17. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 13, 2016, 03:53 Jerykk

I thought this had potential but after seeing lots of gameplay footage, it seems pretty boring. The enemies just aren't interesting to fight. It focuses on quantity rather than quality and that gets old quickly. The missions don't look very interesting either. They seem to boil down to "go here, use this console, defend it for 10 minutes while it slowly activates/downloads/shuts down."  

News Comments > Prey Gameplay Video
19. Re: Prey Gameplay Video Dec 3, 2016, 22:51 Jerykk

This is a first person shooter. Why is this idiot playing it with a controller?

Because it's easier to make slow and smooth camera motions with a controller and they want to show off the environment. It's almost like you've never seen official gameplay footage made within the past ten years.

The "turn into a cup" thing looks like a gimmick that will get old fast.

Not sure why you'd think that. Aside from the obvious and consistently useful stealth applications, being able to turn into various objects has a multitude of uses for both traversal and puzzle-solving. That's the exact opposite of a gimmick. Hell, you even praise one of these uses in your post.

Making stairs with that gun looked like fun, though I wonder how limited this will be in the final game. For some reason when I think about destruction and/or modification of the game world I always think back to the glass house in Red Faction 1. It's been over a decade since this game was released and no one has figured out how to do deformation of the landscape and levels well.

Full destruction would make for boring level design. Part of what makes levels interesting is figuring out how to get where you want to go. If you can simply destroy any obstacles in your way, there's no puzzle-solving. Red Faction's level design (and the game as a whole, really) was utterly forgettable for that very reason whereas games like Hitman, Thief, Half-Life and Dishonored are remembered for their level design. Limitations and obstacles force the player to think more creatively.

In conclusion, more thoughtful consideration and less reactionary criticism would be much appreciated in your future posts.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 29, 2016, 23:21 Jerykk

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 22:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 21:32:
Driving sucks. The cops are fucking insane, and even if you are in the same vehicle they are in they can auto catch up to you (including watching a police boat take off after a co-op partner at 120mph across the bay). They still haven't fixed the play with friends seamless'ness yet. When you open your phone you can loose all controls (mouse and keyboard) up to 10 seconds), few random crashes, WAY to fucking happy and cheerful and 'LIKE OMG LIKE WE ARE HACKERS!' bullshit. I miss the more darker tone with the first game.

I can't overstate that enough, WD_1 for PC is still impossible to play with KB+M.

I played through the entire game with MKB.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
2. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 00:17 Jerykk

Really wish they hadn't gotten rid of daily deals/flash sales/community choice sales. Without those extra discounts, the Steam sales are pretty mediocre.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 17, 2016, 13:31 Jerykk

A laptop with liquid cooling? Really? I feel like these people are missing the point of having a laptop instead of a desktop.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: WD2 Nov 15, 2016, 22:48 Jerykk

What's especially weird is that the game has full frontal male nudity too, but apparently that's not going to be removed? Talk about double standards.  

14820 Comments. 741 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo