Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Eric

Real Name Eric   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AirWreck
Email bosley.33@osu.edu
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2004, 23:30
Total Comments 88 (Suspect)
User ID 20633

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 29, 2016, 10:41 AirWreck

Don't have a strong opinion on Mark Kern myself but it looks like the article has been updated and seems a little milder than the link indicates.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Off-topic random question Mar 14, 2016, 10:54 AirWreck

The exits on the puzzle under the guys holding the box? There's a little path on box itself that becomes available after 7-8 beams. Once you do that then the puzzle at the guys feet opens up and can be solved without other dependencies.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
17. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Mar 12, 2016, 20:51 AirWreck

Oh he's been around for longer than that I think -- too many caps in GZ's posts.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 11, 2016, 20:53 AirWreck

I'd say this breaks Hofstadter's Law. Does for me anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance|
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance| Mar 11, 2016, 12:02 AirWreck

Also windows 7 has had telemetry related updates  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 19:45 AirWreck

On 1 being prime, "only divisible by 1 or itself" (what I remember hearing as a first definition of prime) seems to be satisfied by 1, "exactly 2 distinct divisors" doesn't. I don't know what benefits are gained by 1 not being prime other than the fundamental theorem of arithmetic being cleaner to state.  

News Comments > Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab
7. Re: Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab Mar 7, 2016, 18:20 AirWreck

I'm going to give it a shot -- I was pretty impressed by google cardboard, so I don't think I'll be disappointed. My biggest concern is more about having enough content rather than the quality of the experience.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 7, 2016, 18:09 AirWreck

The RPI community is pretty large and helpful, and their overall mission is pretty noble.

Eben Upton indicated there won't be another major hardware upgrade like this for awhile (longer than between 2 and 3 anyway). I do hope the next version has some increases in external memory speed (usb 3/sata/etc) as well as more ram.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
8. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 11:03 AirWreck

Edit: Whoops, misread.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2016, 11:12.

News Comments > E.T. Armies Next Month
7. Re: E.T. Armies Next Month Feb 17, 2016, 22:45 AirWreck

I liked the Atari 2600 ET game. Maybe because I hadn't seen the movie, but compared to most 2600 games it was pretty intricate/interesting.  

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
31. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 21:56 AirWreck

All these names remind me of this interview series (I think someone here on blues made me aware of it): http://gambit.mit.edu/updates/audio/looking_glass_studios_podcast/ Pretty interesting.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jan 30, 2016, 17:35 AirWreck

I'm a fan -- loved Braid too. The game will allow you to run into something that seems really hard because it has a lot of rules/symbols that you haven't seen before, but if you skip it and keep going you will eventually encounter (I have so far anyway) something that highlights how just one of those rules/elements works. But I'm still early yet, there could be some insane stumpers in store.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 12:31 AirWreck

For me it's not that the combat is the same, just that the combat is deep and fun as it was in dark souls (vs Bethesda) -- in both cases it feels like the developers took care on the most important/common thing you do in the game. They both offer an interesting multiplayer aspect as well.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
8. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 11:02 AirWreck

Dang, site's not working.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2015, 14:38 AirWreck

Archon is the true battle chess.  

News Comments > Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access
2. Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 19, 2015, 18:39 AirWreck

Reassembly is another take on this kind of game, but 2d and not f2p.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Dec 8, 2015, 20:39 AirWreck

And Angband was updated too! An aligning of the planets for true roguelikes. Anyone played Cogmind? Pretty awesome.  

News Comments > PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed
3. Re: PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed Dec 2, 2015, 10:58 AirWreck

Pretty good metroid-like game -- had an area that you get locked out of near the end so I missed one item, never felt like replaying. Getting ready to dig into Axiom Verge soon, wonder how it stacks up. (SC is associated with Orson Scott Card in case that's a problem for some, you know, due to the Ender's Game movie being so bad.)  

PC Gaming > Best HOTAS?
2. Re: Best HOTAS? Oct 13, 2015, 15:55 AirWreck

It might take you a bit over $200, but I was leaning towards CH fighterstick + pro throttle over Saitek when I was thinking about getting Elite.

This video has a decent comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceOdOytgT64

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2015, 09:26 AirWreck

My favorite answer to the question of "Why worry about space when x/y/z on Earth?": http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/08/why-explore-space.html  

88 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo